Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh poo poo, I forgot about Pixels. Natural defense mechanism, I think.

I don't know why everyone got so het up about Fantastic Four though. It wasn't great, but it wasn't one of the worst movies of 2015. Not even close.

e: Actually, on further reflection, I think I'm going to almost completely revise my choices:

Pixels, Get Hard, Entourage, Hitman

sub supau fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
Pixels, Mortdecai, Fantastic Four and Hitman for the Worst of 2015, especially the first two movies.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I've heard Hitman is just an ultra-derivative action movie, nothing particularly interesting. I'd be surprised if they did it.

Entourage, however, seems like a shoe-in.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Pretty happy they picked my AD listener submission, the Speed Racer cartoon is really fun, and you won't be embarrassed by it even if you're sober.

It was really difficult to pick an episode to submit, since so many episodes are ridiculous and fun to laugh at.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
What episode were they ripping on Entourage a bit? That little sidebar was awesome, I have to think they'll cover it.

Terrible (or arguably bad) movies from 2015 that may be worth covering include:

- Paul Blart 2
- Fantastic Four
- Pixels
- Mortdecai
- Taken 3
- Hitman
- Hot Tub Time Machine 2
- Terminator Genisys
- Jupiter Ascending

I think Entourage, Pixels, Mortedcai, and either Fantastic Four or Jupiter Ascending get picked (although more trash could come out this fall!)

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh man Tak3n would be perfect just for the Liam Neeson impressions.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Despite HTTM2 being really dull, I think it's just too boring and lazy to find anything worth riffing on. Was the Vacation remake/sequel maybe more worth a worst of 2015?

I'm sort of guessing 50 Shades of Grey will almost have to be on that list, though: Super high-profile, highly-successful erotic romance seems like it could be really have a lot of material for them to work with. Maybe Mr. Cinemax will make another appearance.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

A Meat posted:

Pretty happy they picked my AD listener submission, the Speed Racer cartoon is really fun, and you won't be embarrassed by it even if you're sober.

It was really difficult to pick an episode to submit, since so many episodes are ridiculous and fun to laugh at.

Nice pun version of your real name for your username.

This episode is loving great though. I've seen it before and I'm happy they're doing it.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

JediTalentAgent posted:

Despite HTTM2 being really dull, I think it's just too boring and lazy to find anything worth riffing on. Was the Vacation remake/sequel maybe more worth a worst of 2015?

I'm sort of guessing 50 Shades of Grey will almost have to be on that list, though: Super high-profile, highly-successful erotic romance seems like it could be really have a lot of material for them to work with. Maybe Mr. Cinemax will make another appearance.

One of their rules is that they don't do movies like Troll 2 or The Room that have been run into the ground and 50 Shades is the most :regd08: thing to mock on the internet this side of Twilight.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

More to the point, by all accounts that movie is just kind of bland.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

TetsuoTW posted:

More to the point, by all accounts that movie is just kind of bland.

Yeah from what I've heard Dakota Johnson gives a fairly solid performance and the rest is just surprisingly inoffensive.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

A Meat posted:

I've never seen an episode of the show before or really understood the premise, but I watched this episode in preparation for listening to the AD and it was hilarious. I laughed so hard every time that dude on the horse showed up ranting about how cars are evil.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I love that horse voice and any episode that gives them an excuse to bust it out is a good one.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
This was kind of a thing for the ages for me. When I was a kid I was a Mortal Kombat fanatic and devoured everything MK related I could find. I loved the poo poo out of the first movie because I was an MK-obsessed kid and still harbor affection for it because it is trash but has good memories attached. But MK: Annihilation was one of my all-time most disappointing movie-going experiences (the other being The Neverending Story 2. Stay tuned?). I made long rants on message boards about how much it sucked.

Loved the first MK episode they did, but this one was cathartic. I feel like nobody's heard of this thing and I've never seen anybody give it a thorough reaming like that. Good job guys, kick that movie's rear end.

Also, possible Animation Damnation: that Mortal Kombat cartoon that there was like six episodes of but somehow stayed on the air for a year or more.

Croisquessein fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Sep 11, 2015

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Be honest guys, who else spent way too much time reading Wikipedia articles on MK characters? In my defense I hadn't played a game since 4 and wanted to know what the hell was going on when the remake came out a few years ago.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Croisquessein posted:

This was kind of a thing for the ages for me. When I was a kid I was a Mortal Kombat fanatic and devoured everything MK related I could find. I loved the poo poo out of the first movie because I was an MK-obsessed kid and still harbor affection for it because it is trash but has good memories attached. But MK: Annihilation was one of my all-time most disappointing movie-going experiences (the other being The Neverending Story 2. Stay tuned?). I made long rants on message boards about how much it sucked.

Loved the first MK episode they did, but this one was cathartic. I feel like nobody's heard of this thing and I've never seen anybody give it a thorough reaming like that. Good job guys, kick that movie's rear end.

Also, possible Animation Damnation: that Mortal Kombat cartoon that there was like six episodes of but somehow stayed on the air for a year or more.

Honestly I actually really enjoy Mortal Kombat Annihilation but I also have to admit, I haven't watched it in full while sober since I was like 5.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I tried watching MKA in full for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I didn't fall asleep or anything, but I just kind of zoned out for most of the middle 45 minutes. And that's even with no glasses of water being harmed in the watching of the film. The first MK movie is outstanding dumb fun, but Annihilation is just so hard to stay focused on.

I'm glad the guys also noticed that Motaro looked like he was just ready to gently caress literally anything that walked within range though.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TetsuoTW posted:

I tried watching MKA in full for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I didn't fall asleep or anything, but I just kind of zoned out for most of the middle 45 minutes. And that's even with no glasses of water being harmed in the watching of the film. The first MK movie is outstanding dumb fun, but Annihilation is just so hard to stay focused on.

I'm glad the guys also noticed that Motaro looked like he was just ready to gently caress literally anything that walked within range though.

protip: harm a lot of glasses of water before watching Annihilation

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

protip: harm a lot of glasses of water before watching Annihilation
Sounds like one hell of a cure for sleep deprivation.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Really enjoyed the episode and the comparison they made to Cage getting killed to having Cabin killed in the first five of the new episode. Also Sonja mud fight with Jax looking on...alllllright. :smug:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TetsuoTW posted:

Sounds like one hell of a cure for sleep deprivation.

quite the opposite, being not-sober makes the lovely aspects of Annihilation hilarious rather than grating

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jiro posted:

Really enjoyed the episode and the comparison they made to Cage getting killed to having Cabin killed in the first five of the new episode. Also Sonja mud fight with Jax looking on...alllllright. :smug:

That was a part I definitely did not remember and had to look up. Yep, it's a straight up mud wrassle.

also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUQvGrZ-v5k

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.
Holy poo poo the art school/turtle sutherland bit in the taking lives episode! I had to turn it off cause people at work must think I'm crazy I was laughing so hard... drat these guys are hilarious

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Are they done with Side Order of Sleaze?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

MisterFister posted:

Holy poo poo the art school/turtle sutherland bit in the taking lives episode! I had to turn it off cause people at work must think I'm crazy I was laughing so hard... drat these guys are hilarious

That episode in general isn't anything special, but that loving bit is magical :allears:

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

MisterFister posted:

"This is Donald Sutherland, that one's going in the trash"

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
It's great that every episode has at least one hilarious bit

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Yaws posted:

Are they done with Side Order of Sleaze?

Hopefully not. Those types of movies are among my favorite.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jose Oquendo posted:

Hopefully not. Those types of movies are among my favorite.

One of the greatest side order of sleaze moments was during Blame it on Reno when they suggested listening to that rather than Blame it to Reno as it was less gross.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 13, 2015

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

One of the greatest side order of sleaze moments was during Leave it to Reno when they suggested listening to that rather than Leave it to Reno as it was less gross.

You mean Blame It On Rio?

Which, I just learned, was apparently the 47th most popular film released in 1984.

Heteroy
Mar 13, 2004

:fork::fork::fork:
Yam Slacker
Fun episode. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation is far and away the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters. I had played the games up to that point and seen the first movie, but I never gave a poo poo about the plot because it had always been so perfunctory.

In fact, the only reason I saw it was because I was with friends and we bought the tickets as cover to sneak into an R rated film, and they got caught, leading to me getting caught. We got pushed into seeing the poo poo we paid for. Fun fact: That R rated film we were sneaking into was Alien Resurrection. I still haven't ever decided if I got the better end of that, seeing MKA instead. One of the friends I was with had seen MK: Annihilation already, too, but was thoughtful enough not to spoil how Cage dies within about ten minutes.

Everything about it was cheap and wrong. The whole thing was just so laughable. The inclusion of animalities has to be one of the most ham-handed things in the history of cinema. Even with no budget and no prior experience it's hard to imagine someone making a film that bad, by accident.

It is a pretty good companion to Street Fighter the movie, although MK:A lacks the epic tale of its troubled production.

I can't think of a major film release in my lifetime that was as incompetently made. Maybe Highlander 2: The Quickening?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Whoever called CYBER SEDUCTION was spot on. This is some good poo poo.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I love how this movie's message is basically "acknowledging your sexuality will DESTROY YOUR LIFE and the lives of those around you".

Also, Andrew has great taste in 80's cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIajdXHRmJ4

Max Ray! Jake Rockwell! Ace McCloud!

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I really enjoyed Andrew's attempt at emulating how KIDS THESE DAYS talk.

i'm wicked thirsty

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I liked this latest installment of poo poo Sadjak Sees On The Streets

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That has to be one of the best episodes ever.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rincewind posted:

i'm wicked thirsty

That might be the single whitest moment of the show so far.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rincewind posted:

i'm wicked thirsty

Come to Boston.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I liked this latest installment of poo poo Sadjak Sees On The Streets

I'm not 100% convinced they don't live in some alternate reality version of New York City, where the city never got cleaned up a bit and Reagan was actually a terminator and never stopped being president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I have been waiting for them to do this episode as long as I've been listening to the podcast. Saw Cyber Seduction on Lifetime the week it came out. There were actually a lot of jokes on the internet about it at the time. Even a big review on a certain comedy website.