Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

9pm EST. I have to be up at 5am EST. I'm going to feel like absolute poo poo on Saturday, I work a 12 hour shift. Should be fun, I just caught up last night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Agronox posted:

I am hoping to mine the old thread for fun E8-related stuff between now and tomorrow, but let me know if it gets annoying and I'll stop.

It all starts with a post right after Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, where some attentive fans put together their best guesses for what the new Season 2 eps would cover.

Well...

hel ll I am looking forward to it

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

if this was any other show I doubt I could drag myself away from mgs5 and or mario maker but this is the mutherfucking endless eight b!tches

I'm going to have to explain more and more to people in my life that no this is actually a planets-lining-up situation and I'm not being evasive due to illness, depression, flakiness, stds, etc. - a sign of quality art to be sure.

I should learn to make gifs, do something productive with my drunk anime evening

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you can make gifs easily with gifcam

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Yeah, when the show was first licensed there was a big push for the distributors to release a broadcast order version. But the complication was that IIRC contractually they had to release the chronological DVDs as-is as well; so the compromise was to include the broadcast order as an extra in more expensive Special Edition releases.

I'm gonna have to start finding this stuff out, like do the current staff regret the broadcast order? do they think the show is good enough in chronological order to stand on it's own with fewer confused people calling the numbers on the package wondering about the order? just what's going on at kyoani???

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Sep 10, 2015

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Davincie posted:

you can make gifs easily with gifcam

thank you

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

future criterion blu ray template right there lol

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 10, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Zas posted:

I'm gonna have to start finding this stuff out, like do the current staff regret the broadcast order? do they think the show is good enough in chronological order to stand on it's own with fewer confused people calling the numbers on the package wondering about the order? just what's going on at kyoani???
I don't think anyone at KyoAni gives a poo poo about Haruhi anymore to be honest.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

Just finished watching the first 15 episodes over the last two days and it was a fantastic experience, some kind of mixture between :psyduck: and :getin: . The only Kyoani shows I watched before were Hyouka and Amagi Brilliant Park and those were great but not even Hyouka came close to this. At first it didn't seem my type of show but everything beginning with Remote Island Syndrome was just pure gold, with the Rain episode and the final episode being the standouts for me. I'll maybe post more once I've had time to digest everything, but in the meantime, I think everyone in this thread should listen to this - it's really appropriorate that they chose this piece for the final episode IMO, not only if you consider the music but also the text:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSYEOLwVfU8

VENI CREATOR SPIRITUS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Look at the stupid poo poo I have to waste my time on now that .jpg has died

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Look at the stupid poo poo I have to waste my time on now that .jpg has died

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What a flawless photoshop. Im so good at this

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
TOMORROW'S THE BIG DAY

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I'm so ready for tomorrow. Oh god.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Agronox posted:

TOMORROW'S THE BIG DAY

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I'm so ready for tomorrow. Oh god.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agronox posted:

TOMORROW'S THE BIG DAY

Incredible

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Agronox posted:

TOMORROW'S THE BIG DAY

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Agronox posted:

TOMORROW'S THE BIG DAY

TODAY'S THE BIG DAY

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Agronox posted:

TOMORROW'S THE BIG DAY

"Mr. President, we've detected closed space around Manhattan..."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think I need some booze before I start EE

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I think I need some booze before I start EE

before and during

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I dunno if I can wait to get home from work for this. I might just tuck myself in a corner and start it up on my laptop.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Agronox posted:

TOMORROW'S THE BIG DAY

This is also amazing.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm busy all day so I'm gonna miss it...Have fun everyone.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

There must be someone out there who has made gifs of the exact same scene from all eight episodes, showing the differences between them

Endless Eight is science. It makes me wanna study it

Let's do this

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

There's the video with all 8 eps at the same time

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Linnaeus posted:

There's the video with all 8 eps at the same time

Yeah. It's 3x3 and the middle ninth rectangle has all 8 episodes overlaid. It'scawesome.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

Yeah. It's 3x3 and the middle ninth rectangle has all 8 episodes overlaid. It'scawesome.

I'll just watch that one 8 times, k thx

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Torquemadras posted:

There must be someone out there who has made gifs of the exact same scene from all eight episodes, showing the differences between them

Let's do this

I was actually planning on doing this tomorrow, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bringing home my notepad and pen so I can take notes on time stamps.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Torquemadras posted:

I'll just watch that one 8 times, k thx

Japanese with subs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLsvngvealg

English:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfoBy-yawxk

Also have this for today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpAEd17Tdro

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Torquemadras posted:

Let's do this

i want to make a video installation like douglas gordon's déjà vu http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/gordon-deja-vu-t07782 but with all the endless eight episodes

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Radio Spiricom posted:

i want to make a video installation like douglas gordon's déjà vu http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/gordon-deja-vu-t07782 but with all the endless eight episodes

A giant room, surrounded by eight screens on all sides. When entering, the viewer immediately sinks knee-deep into a salty basin. There is no way to watch any of the screens without wading through the basin
Between the screens huddle Haruhi viewers, endlessly crying into the basin
Their tears are delicious

Art

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I need real time updates from anyone who is seeing this for the first time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I

I'm starting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Happy trails

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004