Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darealkooky posted:

I figure that second "endless eight" was the moment everyone realized what was happening? or did it take it until ep 3?

Most people thought it would end every week after Ep 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Different swimsuits this time, too.

I like Haruhi's new one more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mikuru's bun...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Ok. I don't usually go in for fictional girls. But, uh....that swimsuit Haruhi's got goin' on...:stare:

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

darealkooky posted:

I figure that second "endless eight" was the moment everyone realized what was happening? or did it take it until ep 3?

We thought it'd be 2 eps... then 4... then...

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I tried looking for that one emote but I still can't find it

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

In Training posted:

Yeah. There's so many good outfits. Except lol Yuki....

Nice swimsuit, though

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

did they focus on the bell the first time?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

darealkooky posted:

:eyepop:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

thank you

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yuki going full Rei on us right now.

GODDAMMIT WET HARUHI I DON'T USUALLY GO IN FOR FANSERVICE LIKE THIS YOU'RE MAKING ME ASHAMED OF MYSELF. :eyepop:

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

darealkooky posted:

:henget:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endless eight is a crash course in film technique in 3 condensed hours

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

GODDAMMIT WET HARUHI I DON'T USUALLY GO IN FOR FANSERVICE LIKE THIS YOU'RE MAKING ME ASHAMED OF MYSELF. :eyepop:

give in to your god

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

She's gorgeous

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Kusaru posted:

We thought it'd be 2 eps... then 4... then...

so truthfully no one thought a thing called endless 8 was gonna have 8 eps? I know there are different reasons for the 8 but it still seems like... I dunno, not that surprising. the execution is surprising no doubt...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

so truthfully no one thought a thing called endless 8 was gonna have 8 eps? I know there are different reasons for the 8 but it still seems like... I dunno, not that surprising. the execution is surprising no doubt...

Everyone thought it was Endless 8 because it's 8 days and that was enough for them to hold out hope

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Radio Spiricom posted:

mikuru in a yukata..

:eyepop:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Zas posted:

Yeah that seems weird, it says eight right there.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

oh my god the red sky. it's like hell

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

so is there not Traditional Festival Clothing for men?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

the yuki alleyway variations are really good

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Zas posted:

No one thought they'd actually have the balls.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

dat swimsuit

BirchBeerFloat
Jul 26, 2013

In Training posted:

Endless eight is a crash course in film technique in 3 condensed hours

The whole thing is basically a love letter to directing ...which is a statement that probably applies to the entire show now that I think about it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This whole episode is super horny. More so than the rest I believe

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

this mask is even more ultraman than the last one

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
They own so many swimsuits.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BirchBeerFloat posted:

The whole thing is basically a love letter to directing ...which is a statement that probably applies to the entire show now that I think about it.

S2 is for directors, S1 is a love letter to editing, the more powerful and under-appreciated art

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Shameful boners aside, it's interesting that Kyon isn't following the script precisely here. Especially this early on. Also, I can't tell whether Yuki already knows what's going on.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kyon is a lot more forward with Yuki here, huh?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Six Years Ago posted:

So, after next week, the next new episode will probably be Snowy Mountain Syndrome to finish off The Rashness of Haruhi Suzumiya. The week after next should be a repeat of The Day of Sagittarius.

Not sure if they'll go on to Disappearance/Vanishment or do part of The Disturbance (the next set of short stories. Disappearance is a good story but it would probably be another 5-6 episode long plot (though I could see it cut down to 3-4 fairly easily.) Considering they did the John Smith story, Disappearance is likely.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!

Zas posted:

In the books it's just a single iteration.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kusaru posted:

This should be emphasized for newcomers. This entire arc is like one chapter in the books.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

S2 is for directors, S1 is a love letter to editing, the more powerful and under-appreciated art

I'm starting to wonder if that 12 page paper is really a joke...

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

In Training posted:

This whole episode is super horny. More so than the rest I believe

It really is.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Kusaru posted:

ok that's a good point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

One episode of Yuki maybe enjoying herself, and seven episodes of Yuki looking bummed as gently caress. Poor Yuki.

• Locked thread