Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

darealkooky posted:

is this all just a metaphor about how kyon needs to just loving talk to haruhi instead of living in his head 24/7

nah he talks plenty to haruhi. the real problem isn't living inside his head too much, it's living inside his head and being entirely blind to the surroundings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Zas posted:

it was someday in the rain but the spirit is the same :)

would LOVE to watch endless 8 with konata

:doh:

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Dezinus posted:

Kyon do your homework

Calling it, the key to stopping the loop is actually the loving homework.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

darealkooky posted:

is this all just a metaphor about how kyon needs to just loving talk to haruhi instead of living in his head 24/7

I'm beginning to think that might be it. Between the key line of "I didn't do anything special and spent most of that time (hanging with Haruhi) being miserable" and Koizumi trying to get Kyon to put the moves on her, that seems to be a possible theme.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Zas posted:

the real problem is being entirely blind to his surroundings

fixed

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Definitely recanting my music hate.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I loving love that giant mountain cloud. favorite first shot in the EE for sure

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Halfway through my bottle of whiskey. Let's keep this going!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

*Kyon crawls into bed accepting that his life will be a hollow repetition of trying to reclaim his days of youthful summer*

*J-pop begins to play*

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Zas posted:

nah he talks plenty to haruhi. the real problem isn't living inside his head too much, it's living inside his head and being entirely blind to the surroundings

i mean more saying "yes I like you" or w/e

this scene of kyon just sitting there and not talking to the girl he likes about something important could be taken in a few ways beyond "please stop resetting time, ty"

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

In Training posted:

That's the really hosed up part

Wait, really? There's a scene of Konata complaining about E8, even though Kyoani hadn't even animated it yet? Holy poo poo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah to all newbies, would love to hear your theories on what Kyon needs to do to fix the timeline

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Agronox posted:

Wait, really? There's a scene of Konata complaining about E8, even though Kyoani hadn't even animated it yet? Holy poo poo.

I was wrong, apologies

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

did the wall color of kyon's appt change?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whoa, Kyon completed her sentence...

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

In Training posted:

Oh yeah to all newbies, would love to hear your theories on what Kyon needs to do to fix the timeline

This please

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Zas posted:

or maybe it's half the bottle of bourbon

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

In Training posted:

i love how they keep subtly hinting at it

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

Kyon-kun, headbang~

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Super Driver!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Zas posted:

THIS MUST BE THE KEY

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Wait, I haven't finished my third drink.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

In Training posted:

def either kissing haruhi again (worked before) or doing his goddamn homework

groundhog day was solved by the guy getting the girl and doing what he's "supposed" to be doing and that's the greatest time loop story of all time so it's a fair bet

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Six Years Ago posted:

The most brilliantly trolling thing about this was all the speculated spoilers simply glazed over this story, assuming it'd finish in 1 episode and focus on Disappearance. But when that came out, NO ONE said there'd be three or more episodes, everyone said two. Then when that came out, NO ONE said there'd be four or more episodes, everyone said three. So I will call it here. Next episode will be drastically different, but they will still fail, going onto episode 5.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Radio Spiricom posted:

i love how they keep subtly hinting at it

I love how's there like 7 different answers subtly hinted at

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

darealkooky posted:

i mean more saying "yes I like you" or w/e

this scene of kyon just sitting there and not talking to the girl he likes about something important could be taken in a few ways beyond "please stop resetting time, ty"

right I get it, but do you think kyon realizes he likes haruhi? do you think he's actually thought thru his life without the existence of god? (PASCAL)

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Wait, I haven't finished my third drink.

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.
Haruhi didn't say Over! this time, I think it's really gonna end this time, guys.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In Training posted:

Do something special for Haruhi, is what I'm thinking. Don't have anything specific yet - resolving their romantic tension via an actual concious kiss or confession would probably work, but I rather doubt that the show will go there considering that there's more to come after EE.

Joke Answers: Destroy Baseball, actually finish his loving homework like a decent student.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:patriot:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

what the gently caress are you wearing kyon, do you need to make a delivery somewhere

Unusual
Nov 12, 2013

Parallax posted:

what the gently caress are you wearing kyon, do you need to make a delivery somewhere

Clearly he was about to go fishing.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

In Training posted:

I love how's there like 7 different answers subtly hinted at

yeah this too

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

You are a gentleman and a scholar. I do not have the motivation to open up the archive.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Parallax posted:

He looks like Aiden Pierce.

I now want to punch him.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

i think id be more mad about not seeing the bike race than the repeating eps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In this episode everybody is dressing like Trainer sprites from the Gameboy Pokemon games

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Things Kyon should do;
- Unplug his phone
- Spend all summer doing homework
- Take Haruhi on a date the last day

Or something thematically similar to the above.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Mikuru bikini looking great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

In Training posted:

In this episode everybody is dressing like Trainer sprites from the Gameboy Pokemon games

Mikuru is a water gym leader

• Locked thread