Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

KYON KUN DENWA.

Also, Episode 8 is totally going to have Kyon flipping out and going "YES LITTLE SISTER I KNOW GODDAMMIT!!!" and feeling real bad afterwards.

In Training posted:

Alright 6 is a good low time to ask some Q's. How is everyone feeling? Did you like that awesome clock shot? When is everyone available to watch Sigh? Anybody got some good Mario Maker levels to share? Does anybody want to read my writing about live action Japanese movies that I've done in my spare time? What's been your favorite episode so far?

Feelin' great, this show has some of the best shots I've seen in anime, basically whenever, Chip Cheezum tweeted about one that was based off of MGS4's microwave hallway, maybe, and I'm not sure. Someday in the Rain was nice, as was the end of Melancholy, and of course this whole sequence of episodes has been great. If we're just going off of this, I reiterate that the fanservice in EE2 really got to me, which basically never happens, which was both kind of fun and made me feel kind of bad about myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
this is ep 6 right

BirchBeerFloat
Jul 26, 2013
I liked the playground ride more than the clock shot to be honest. Clock shot was still pretty good though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

And my electricity is out happy a follow 911 y'all

RIP

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Oh God I love the rotating clock so much.

There are people who watched that and didn't think it was so good.

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

darealkooky posted:

this is ep 6 right

Wrong, its episode 15,562.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Argona posted:

Wrong, its episode 15,562.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

In Training posted:

Alright 6 is a good low time to ask some Q's. How is everyone feeling? Did you like that awesome clock shot? When is everyone available to watch Sigh? Anybody got some good Mario Maker levels to share? Does anybody want to read my writing about live action Japanese movies that I've done in my spare time? What's been your favorite episode so far?

Everything is blending together. I'm perfectly sober and I'm starting to get confused. I think Sigh should be two days instead of one. I've watched the end of this arc probably 15 times but this is the second time I'm watching all the episodes. I'm tired.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Parallax posted:

To add to dumb film stuff, KyoAni is the best at utilizing pillow shots

ozu ftw!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol, Izumi's floatie is the same pattern as Mikuru's bikini from Remote Island Syndrome Part 1

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Agronox posted:

After 5.

I'm gonna quote the hell out of all of these. It's almost like an actual PTSD experience for me. I get all emotional and almost angry every time I read them. Where's my pitchfork damnit? Why can't I see through this? Is it really just a troll? WHY DO I FEEL SO USED??!?!

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

I want to read your writing In Training

also heart swimsuit ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

I should post more in simulwatch threads its fun

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

it's weird getting into anime AFTER film school and seeing how influential ozu is to japanese media when he would seem so artsy-fartsy to any westerner

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

gif of mikuru getting hit in the face asap!!!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Argona posted:

I should post more in simulwatch threads its fun

They really are great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A long shot, cool. These are relatively rare in Haruhi, despite the one infamous example

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I know all's fair in love and war, but that's really not on, Haruhi.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

Nagato is animated in profile a lot, as if to show how disconnected she is from everyone else

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Linnaeus fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 12, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Radio Spiricom posted:

Lmfao at Kyon's VA there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was gonna make this tomorrow, thank you

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
oh man haruhi doesn't have a yukata this time

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Radio Spiricom posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lots of negative space in this episode, visually, and aurally. Cool

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

"Why did I call out to her exactly?"

I'm no romantic mastermind myself, but goddamn Kyon you need to loving poo poo or get off the pots.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

anybody got any good theories as to why Nagato's one "active" act is buying a mask? unless its just to keep actions consistent

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Welp I have failed to not read/post

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I like how there's just a hint of exasperation when Yuki responds to Haruhi asking about the mask this time. "Hey Yuki, what's with the mask?" "I bought it." idiot.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Zas posted:

And my electricity is out happy a follow 911 y'all

Mine too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parallax posted:

anybody got any good theories as to why Nagato's one "active" act is buying a mask? unless its just to keep actions consistent

She's buying an expression so she doesn't have to bother actually making one again

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

I like how there's just a hint of exasperation when Yuki responds to Haruhi asking about the mask this time. "Hey Yuki, what's with the mask?" "I bought it." idiot.

Did you not see me buy it SIX TIMES ALREADY?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BirchBeerFloat
Jul 26, 2013

Parallax posted:

It's the one thing she has any control over whatsoever?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In Training posted:

She's buying an expression so she doesn't have to bother actually making one again

Man, don't you be mean to Yuki she's been going through a lot lately it's been a long half-millenium

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

i forget if that's my favorite mikuru phone call or if 7 or 8 has it

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

ChubbyThePhat posted:

Did you not see me buy it SIX 2138923 TIMES ALREADY?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Bless your soul for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

• Locked thread