Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Shima Honnou posted:

Will 2k16 include custom music at least again, or is it just a bunch of CAWs who all have to share the default music selection?

Depends. Game's been in development long enough that Sony's "no custom music" clause for the PS4 is still in effect so that version probably won't, we'll see about the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

Will 2k16 include custom music at least again, or is it just a bunch of CAWs who all have to share the default music selection?

no. the next gen consoles don't have built in music players to take advantage of in the games.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

KungFu Grip posted:

no. the next gen consoles don't have built in music players to take advantage of in the games.

This is false, the Xbox one version of Metal Gear Solid V lets you import your own music.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The Xbox One supports it. PS4 is tied up with Spotify so it's unlikely to bring back any kind of music burning until that deal runs out, which by extension means the Xbox version of the game likely won't get that kind of feature either. Any other developer could make it an option for the Xbox, but I don't see any reason to believe Yuke's would go to that minor effort.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you can mod it into the pc version but it requires overwriting existing themes

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Overwriting existing themes requires hex editing and is a nightmare, most people just include the audio as part of the titantron video file.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Lady Naga posted:

Overwriting existing themes requires hex editing and is a nightmare, most people just include the audio as part of the titantron video file.

There's a theme injector with a built in wav/mp3 converter and you can select the themes to overwrite in a GUI drop down menu

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

1st AD posted:

There's a theme injector with a built in wav/mp3 converter and you can select the themes to overwrite in a GUI drop down menu

Fair enough, I've been away from the scene a couple months.

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit

Davros1 posted:

If Haku doesn't have the Tongan Death Grip, then the game is a failure.

https://youtu.be/GIULzhA_4WA

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Awesome

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

The triple threat vid on the channel (certainly not putting a ton of cash into these promo vids) seems to indicate that you can running strike people clean over the ropes even when they're not leaning against them, that seems new. Not quite Smackdown 2 "running powerbomb a guy to the floor" but I'll take it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

The triple threat vid on the channel (certainly not putting a ton of cash into these promo vids) seems to indicate that you can running strike people clean over the ropes even when they're not leaning against them, that seems new. Not quite Smackdown 2 "running powerbomb a guy to the floor" but I'll take it.

God, I hated that. ANY move that was even remotely near the ropes sent them to the floor. It made it rather frustrating.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

Davros1 posted:

God, I hated that. ANY move that was even remotely near the ropes sent them to the floor. It made it rather frustrating.

I was the exact opposite haha. I thought it was the best drat thing though I can't say it wasn't a pain when suddenly you got sling-shotted out of a battle royal.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I will take the pain of suddenly being eliminated from rumbles over the overwhelming boredom of playing them as they are now. I miss AKI style Rumbles.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Yeah the No Mercy slobberknockers were always fun because no matter how carefully you tried to play the angles, you were bound to mess up and the AI would seize on it. I can't remember my record or who I had the most success with.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

What the Christ is going on with Foley's tie :psyduck:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ken Shamrock was the best with his strikes

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I miss when the CAW feature had Default Man and he looked like a crash test dummy.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Timby posted:

It's jiggleboned and one of the points of animation twisted in on itself, you see it all the time.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
its clipping through the shirt like it always does

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Timby posted:

Haku is so good he's crushing the neck and the tie at the same time.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Good Listener posted:

I was the exact opposite haha. I thought it was the best drat thing though I can't say it wasn't a pain when suddenly you got sling-shotted out of a battle royal.

Rumbles were fun, yes, but any regular match it just got annoying. Not as annoying as the constant flashbulbs going off in the crowd though.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

While I liked the instant Rumble eliminations, I loved being able to do any move off any side of the cell or backstage ledges at any time. That's the thing I most miss from the old Smackdown game engine. Mr. McMahon, tear down this (invisible) wall!

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

projecthalaxy posted:

While I liked the instant Rumble eliminations, I loved being able to do any move off any side of the cell or backstage ledges at any time. That's the thing I most miss from the old Smackdown game engine. Mr. McMahon, tear down this (invisible) wall!

HCTP Hell in a Cell matches were nonstop death bumps, it was amazing.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

One thing to be aware of in TEW is that using working agreements to bring other feds' guys in as jobbers doesn't work if they have creative control in their home fed contract. It might be something that's automatic to trades, but I doubt it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Basic Chunnel posted:

One thing to be aware of in TEW is that using working agreements to bring other feds' guys in as jobbers doesn't work if they have creative control in their home fed contract. It might be something that's automatic to trades, but I doubt it.

It's actually automatic. Guys that have been bought in on a working agreement will only want to lose to people on their level or better and refuse to work in matches longers than 50 or 60 minutes.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Testekill posted:

It's actually automatic. Guys that have been bought in on a working agreement will only want to lose to people on their level or better and refuse to work in matches longers than 50 or 60 minutes.

Yeah this almost killed my AWA game when Ric Flair refused to drop the title to anyone on my roster. Fortunately I was able to sign Bret Hart at the last moment and he was willing to lose to him

MisterGBH
Dec 6, 2010

Eric Bischoff is full of shit
Bray Wyatt, Mikey Whipwreck, The New Day (Kofi Kingston, Xavier Woods & Big E), Enzo Amore & Colin Cassady, Stunning Steve Austin & Superstar Steve Austin, The Terminators, Rusev, American Bad rear end Undertaker, Baron Corbin, Brian Pillman, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Konnor, Mark Henry, Ministry Undertaker, Ricky Steamboat, Savio Vega, Stephanie McMahon-Helmsey, Sting 99, Sting Blonde been announced.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Was Victor announced before Konnor?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Mikey Whipwreck is a random choice.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lady Naga posted:

Was Victor announced before Konnor?

I really hope not. It would be amazing if they just put Konnor in, no Victor.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

As some said earlier in the thread, not really? He's obviously there for you to beat up as Austin in the ECW part of the story mode?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mikey whipwreck getting me to buy this gam

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Mikey Whipwreck in a WWE game, this is awesome. Also so glad we're getting blonde Steve Austin.

poo poo, we're not only getting Hollywood Blondes WCW Austin but also long haired blonde ECW Steve Austin.

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Sep 14, 2015

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Muddy Burphy posted:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xq7sea_mikey-whipwreck-vs-steve-austin-vs-the-sandman_sport

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
At this point if the roster hadn't been fully revealed, I'd be expecting Chris Adams to be coming in the next round. I was thinking the Austin mode would be KOTR to the final Rock match, but apparently it's going WCW to retirement, which is pretty amazing.

Sadly, Enzo and Cass' entrance suffers from the usual 'really clear it's done in a silent booth' problem, compounded by no audience sing-along on the soundtrack.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Wasn't Sasha Banks supposed to be in this game? or is she gonna be apart of a DLC pack we have to pay 30 bucks for/Wait till it's given to us for free.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

GenericMartini posted:

Wasn't Sasha Banks supposed to be in this game? or is she gonna be apart of a DLC pack we have to pay 30 bucks for/Wait till it's given to us for free.

Given what they did with Paige last year, I'd guess the earlier. Alexa Bliss was supposedly scanned too.

I'm assuming there will be an NXT DLC pack.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd bet NXT pack, Divas Revolution (Bayley, Sasha et al) pack and maybe another old dudes pack, along with the usual set of new CAW moves and poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
If there is an old dudes pack it's probably gonna have the Dudleyz. Also a long shot of Owen Hart considering there's that new Owen dvd WWE is making.