Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
Been trying to do heists with the one RL friend (also a goon) who owns the game for PC, and we're getting totally gimped by the four player mandatory thing. Pubbies'll join in, but then immediately leave after the mission loads most of the time. As you can imagine, it's an endless source of wasted time.

Anyway, if any of y'all wanna help next time we decide to lock and load, I'm PyrusMalus1 in game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

I can't wait to suddenly explode over and over and over again until I force quit the session to escape, while taking part in these thrilling new activities!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Kelly posted:

This actually looks kinda cool. And really, these game modes are essentially what we do in freemode for fun anyway.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this. In our annual thread-wide argument about the freeroam shooting gallery I always mention that if someone was going to kill me a bunch then I would really rather there be a point to it. Competitive free roam events seem cool and good.

Cheap Shot posted:

I can't wait to suddenly explode over and over and over again until I force quit the session to escape, while taking part in these thrilling new activities!

console supremacy

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta

titties posted:

console supremacy

Sorry I can't hear you over my 1080p @ 60fps.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

revmoo posted:

you should buy better fans, so it doesn't sound like a jetplane when you play games

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Pyrus Malus posted:

Been trying to do heists with the one RL friend (also a goon) who owns the game for PC, and we're getting totally gimped by the four player mandatory thing. Pubbies'll join in, but then immediately leave after the mission loads most of the time. As you can imagine, it's an endless source of wasted time.

Anyway, if any of y'all wanna help next time we decide to lock and load, I'm PyrusMalus1 in game.

Sent friend request

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

revmoo posted:

Lol, your cancer.

rivid
Jul 17, 2005

Matt 24:44

Pyrus Malus posted:

I'll add ya. I'm MRRivid. Going to cook some dinner, pay some bills, and I should be on later tonight. I'm only level 7 online right now, don't know how much of a setback that is.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I'm curious if these events will be frequent enough that we'll actually see them pop up a few times an evening or if they're going to be rare like the non-event supply crates.

For King of the Castle, I see goons forming an alliance with each other, then during the last 5 seconds, someone pulling out their minigun and slaughtering the other goons so they can claim the victory with the massive 200RP that goes with it.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Lol, your cancer.

Yor*

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

UserErr0r posted:

I'm curious if these events will be frequent enough that we'll actually see them pop up a few times an evening or if they're going to be rare like the non-event supply crates.

For King of the Castle, I see goons forming an alliance with each other, then during the last 5 seconds, someone pulling out their minigun and slaughtering the other goons so they can claim the victory with the massive 200RP that goes with it.

sounds like you've already devised ur winning strategy user :cheeky:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Awesome. I'd love to finally get rewarded for freemode shenanigans

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

UserErr0r posted:

According to this IGN writeup, the events are set to run every 12 minutes. You will be prompted to join when one comes up.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/09/10/freemode-events-are-gta-onlines-biggest-change-since-heists

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

I am going to smack everyone into tiny little pieces.
:h:

coupedeville posted:

sounds like you've already devised ur winning strategy user :cheeky:

I thought the same thing
Bro you just tipped your hat

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome

-4 Stunt Jumps Remaining.

Deadly Mongoose fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Sep 11, 2015

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Hell yeah bring back Fragile Alliance. Unrelated but GTA Online is now DOA on both PS3 and 360, Rockstar will not be making updates for those versions anymore.

they'll probably be releasing the updates that are new cars and guns on ps3 and 360 still, lol

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Eur*

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

had some good fun hunting stunt jumps and suppressing pubbies with usersa glipglops and sadius tonight

also I'm not sure how to feel about the new game modes that rockstar are introducing but I'm very disappointed they aren't adding more contact missions :smith:

edit: I'm also at 24/28 days of daily objectives then I can stop doing them forever :argh:

double edit: lawl at rockstar ceasing updates for previous-gen versions after 2 years. I wonder how long they'll continue GTA: Online servers for PS3/360? Fall 2016? Spring 2017?

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Sep 11, 2015

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Sorry that I came in just long enough to deny User a job and then left, gta hard-locked my computer after like 5 minutes.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

mutata posted:

Sorry that I came in just long enough to deny User a job and then left, gta hard-locked my computer after like 5 minutes.

it was fun while it lasted :blush:

edit: seriously we were just happy to see some friendly faces; it's getting lonely for GTAgoons these days

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 11, 2015

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
The new update looks cool.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

coupedeville posted:

had some good fun hunting stunt jumps and suppressing pubbies with usersa glipglops and sadius tonight

im grumpy and logged early; i wanted to do more missions but felt like crapola.

I LIKE PLAYING WITH YOU GUISE. that pleb was an rear end in a top hat hunting me down. triggering tbh.

need moar stunt jumps. unlike sadius, more than -5 or w/e number he has haha

E: rio de janeiro. brazil. soccer.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
It looks like I finally pressed the 'buy all ammo' button, in a manner of speaking. A hacker in a random contact job gave me all the guns and full ammo. The extra guns disappeared when I joined a new session, but I definitely kept the ammo. No way I had all this stuff before.

Postmastergeneral
Jan 11, 2005
If the "no more lobby" for jobs feature is a success I may start playing again.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

mutata posted:

long enough to deny User a job

You and everyone else in this drat area :(

denereal visease
Nov 27, 2002

"Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is essentially your own."

coupedeville posted:

24/28 days of daily objectives then I can stop doing them forever :argh:
looking forward to you realizing what a huge fuckin waste of time that poo poo was as well :cheers:

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
I managed to get the monthly award and have to admit, some daily objectives made me see red. The rewards for weeklies and especially monthlies should be WAY more substantial though.

Holiday Lobster
Oct 27, 2009

denereal visease posted:

looking forward to you realizing what a huge fuckin waste of time that poo poo was as well :cheers:

I got my "month" and was disappointed with the "reward"

gently caress this "game"

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

To complain about something else: What's up with the lack of any text box or filters for GTA online playlists? Seriously the ONLY way I can search playlists is 'any publisher' and sorting by date or plays. It's like they want to make it impossible for me to search by name or any way that is actually useful. I wanted to make a playlist of wall races and sky races and other cool poo poo but R* is totally cockblocking me. Seriously, it's like they purposely deactivated useful features. If I try to sort by name, suddenly all the results disappear.

e: this is on the website too so there's really no excuse

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

The lack of being able to search playlists really gets under my skin because it is so transparently obvious that there is no legitimate reason for it.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

Cheap Shot posted:

Have the cash spawners been culled? Cause every hacker I see now seems focused on making everyone on the server constantly explode.

I haven't even run across the 'Nuke everyone on the server' brand of hackers in probably three weeks. It's super strange to be loving around in GTA and not have to find a new session.

Here's a short clip that happened earlier in the week. This was 100% a spontaneous thing that the 8 or 9 of us in the conga line decided to do and I didn't know any of these people save for my buddy in the Titan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kZ9KF6whEc

We flew around the city, did some knife flights in between skyscrapers, then flew to the Blaine airstrip, turned around, took off again, and then did the loop once more with even more Luxors before a dude in a Hydra decided to ruin the fun but his punk-rear end got Heavy Sniped out of his cockpit. :smug:

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

I'm guessing it's not likely that me (Versocrity), Thrax, User and C0updeville will be able to get together at the same time again to finish 'all in order' and 'loyalty'? Getting the same 4 people back together by chance is nearly impossible, I've had this experience with arranged teams in starcraft 2. Teams of 3 occasionally get back together, but add in a 4th and suddenly the chances drop to about 0%. Won't happen unless we pick a time. I've been holding off on doing heists for a few days so it would be good to know either way.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Eregos posted:

I'm guessing it's not likely that me (Versocrity), Thrax, User and C0updeville will be able to get together at the same time again to finish 'all in order' and 'loyalty'? Getting the same 4 people back together by chance is nearly impossible, I've had this experience with arranged teams in starcraft 2. Teams of 3 occasionally get back together, but add in a 4th and suddenly the chances drop to about 0%. Won't happen unless we pick a time. I've been holding off on doing heists for a few days so it would be good to know either way.

Me and the dream team knocked it out in 2 nights.

We could have gotten mastermind too if it wasn't for killinton's connection issues, and that one idiot falling off the roof of the boat.

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

Eregos posted:

I will likely be available this week, though maybe not until Wednesday afternoon/night. My car might be dying and it's a busy week at school. Thursday afternoon/evening/night should be open for me at the very least. I'd like to get those challenges done too, it was great running heists with competent people.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a way to make 100% custom radio stations? I wanted to make custom commercials and everything.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
You can't mod a station 100%, but you can set it to Music Only so you don't get the radio cues and then upload mp3s of the commercials you want. Those will cycle randomly as normal.

CanOfMDAmp
Nov 15, 2006

Now remember kids, no running, no diving, and no salt on my margaritas.

Eregos posted:

I'd be down to schedule a couple nights in a row to knock this out if you're looking to do it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CanOfMDAmp posted:

I'd be down to schedule a couple nights in a row to knock this out if you're looking to do it.

It took us about 7 hours. we figured doing a no-nonsense run, skipping cutscenes, using the karuma where possible, and using heavy armor for every mission to try for mastermind, it could be done in about 5.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

So there's finally a content update tomorrow? Content worth logging in for the first time in ages?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

hellfaucet posted:

So there's finally a content update tomorrow? Content worth logging in for the first time in ages?

YES

PS4 FREEROAM CONTENT GOON ROOM tomorrow, September 15th at twenty-hundred Eastern, GMT -5

1.) titties (PSN: mr_dread)
2.) Scorched Spitz (PSN: King_Alamat)
3.) Kelly (PSN: cashcamden99)
4.) Jonesy (PSN: Quim_Reaper_RIP)
5.) Zenzizenzizenzic (PSN: otiosely)
6.) Pretzel Rod Stewart (PSN: niceboyonline)
7.) Brightman
8.) BitBasher
9.) Montalvo (PSN: captspacebeard)
10.) Craptacular (PSN: lljk_craptacular)

titties fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 15, 2015

• Locked thread