Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

So when the 1GB/3GB/5GB whatever gets "used up", how much slower is the remaining "unlimited" data?

I'm told it's like 128k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Back when I was on a limited plan and I got throttled anything but texting and calling was basically unusable. It couldn't reliably load emails or really do anything with the data speeds.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

So when the 1GB/3GB/5GB whatever gets "used up", how much slower is the remaining "unlimited" data?
2G. So enough for maps and not much else.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's pretty much unusable on 2G unless you use a browser or app that heavily compresses data even then it doesn't work for me sometimes.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Music apps are not throttled when you go over, which is nice...

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I just broke my phone today. :saddowns: Cricket also hasn't been a fantastic experiment, and I deeply miss streaming music. I need a phone tomorrow, and I kind of want to switch back to T-Mobile.

I'm thinking about an iPhone. I don't want to get one through JUMP or regular financing since the new one comes out in a week, but if I get a iPhone 6 through JUMP! On Demand, will I be able to swap it in just a couple of weeks later? Also, can I buy an cheap T-Mobile prepaid device and use that as my trade-in for the promotional price?

IuniusBrutus fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Sep 12, 2015

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

IuniusBrutus posted:

I just broke my phone today. :saddowns: Cricket also hasn't been a fantastic experiment, and I deeply miss streaming music. I need a phone tomorrow, and I kind of want to switch back to T-Mobile.

I'm thinking about an iPhone. I don't want to get one through JUMP or regular financing since the new one comes out in a week, but if I get a iPhone 6 through JUMP! On Demand, will I be able to swap it in just a couple of weeks later? Also, can I buy an cheap T-Mobile prepaid device and use that as my trade-in for the promotional price?

Yes buy the 6 on jump on demand and then jump to the 6s whenever you want. You don't need to trade in to get any discounts off the phone just if you need your ETF or installment plan paid for from your other carrier.

ryangs
Jul 11, 2001

Yo vivo en una furgoneta abajo cerca del río!
Should the actual trade-in value at a retail store match what the T-Mobile site quotes? Yesterday a retail rep was saying my phone was worth $20 less than what the site shows ($341 vs $361). This happened while trying to preorder a 6s with Jump on Demand, which didn't happen anyway, because their system kept failing to authorize credit cards.

Also, apparently, you don't have to pay sales tax upfront with Jump on Demand.

ryangs fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 13, 2015

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Let me make sure I understand tmobile's iphone deal:

1) I pay my $45 a month for service (3GB + unlimited t&t)
2) I sign up for a 6S with 64GB of storage. I pay my down payment, let's say $100 since that's what I've seen on twitter from their official feed (OAC blah blah etc).
3) I pay $20 a month for the device through jump on demand.
4) I can get insurance for $8 a month.
5) My total cost is $70 a month plus taxes if I skip insurance. (I've been fine through 3 smartphones so far, I'm not too worried...though all it takes is one incident.)
6) After 18 months I can upgrade which requires me to turn in my device, or I can pay $164 to own that 6S outright.
7) If I upgrade, I restart the payments clock and now pay a fresh $20 ($28?) a month, or whatever the rate is at the time.
8) I can upgrade earlier if I want, but I believe I'd have to pay off the 6s at that time AND turn in my device.

Service cost at the end of 18 months is $810. Device cost without insurance at the end of 18 months is ($100 + (18 x $20) + $182) = $642, assuming ryangs has the right final payment number. Total cost is $1452 before any taxes and fees.

With insurance:

Service cost is $810, Device cost is ($100 downpayment + (18 x $28) + $182 final payment) = $786.

ryangs posted:

My math shows it would be $182 for the 64gb model. $100 down + 18 payments of $19 + $182 final payment = $624 total price. It really seems too good to be true. Maybe the discount from the $750 retail price is to help account for the fact that you have to pay for sales tax on the full retail price?

Does that cover it?

Here's my question, and I'm sure I know the answer to this:

Let's say I get sick of paying $20 a month, and I want to pay my device off early. Can I, at this reduced price including the final payment, and then keep it? Or would I be paying the full retail price if I decide to pay it off?

I'm certain the answer is "no, you can't pay off your iphone at the cheap price, sorry."

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 15, 2015

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Let's say I get sick of paying $20 a month, and I want to pay my device off early. Can I, at this reduced price including the final payment, and then keep it? Or would I be paying the full retail price if I decide to pay it off?

I'm certain the answer is "no, you can't pay off your iphone at the cheap price, sorry."

There's no trick to it. T-Mobile is letting JOD people get the phone for $20 a month before taxes (and after credits). The credits do pay towards the final purchase price, such that after 18 months you pay $126 less for the phone than retail.

The catch is, if you decide in 12 months when the iPhone 7 comes out that you want to pay off the 6s to get the 7, you'll only receive $84 in credits ($7 a month x 12 months). Also, T-Mobile is banking that a bunch of people will trade their phone in after making ~$240 in payments ($20 x 12 months), and T-Mobile will of course get to refurbish and resell that phone.

People that did the AMPED JOD promo from a couple months ago get an even sweeter deal - we get a $12 credit every month to save $216 over 18 months.

What's even better (that nobody in this thread has even talked about) is that on Saturday and Sunday T-Mobile was allowing people on the AMPED JOD offer to not only save $216 over 18 months on their iPhone 6s / 6s+, but T-Mobile was even giving free memory upgrades. I got 2x 64GB 6s and 1x 64GB 6s+ and will pay $15 after credits per month for the 6s's and $19 after credits for the 6s+.

I love T-Mobile!

bobfather fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Sep 15, 2015

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
My wife and I just bought Moto G 2015s and we both got texts saying our data stash was discontinued and I wasn't able to get any data, not even 2G. I thought there was some issue with the whole 12-band thing and I was all ready to return our phones. Called t-mo and they had it all fixed in like 5 minutes. It was like the best customer service experience I've had in years.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
I currently have an iPhone 6, which I can easily sell for more than my payments left on it (hell, Amazon will give me $460)... This JOD thing is $20 a month and I can get that immediately before even selling/settling my current phone's payments. Is there any loving downside to this? Unless I'm completely misjudging this, I'd make money upgrading my phone.

edit: Oh yeah, the issue with this is T-Mobile has the worst customer service on earth. I've called 4 loving times now to upgrade a goddamned phone. No one knows what the gently caress they're doing or that JOD is even a thing. They said they will call me back. Hahaha

ddogflex fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Sep 16, 2015

NyetscapeNavigator
Sep 22, 2003

Do I have to worry about losing my employer discount if I change my plan? I know T-Mobile was trying to get rid of the employer discounts earlier but there was a huge backlash, so I don't know if they try to use any excuse to remove them.

I'm on Simple Choice Plan: Unlimited Talk + Text and get a discount labeled "Corporate Volume Discount" on my bill. I'd like to switch to the Simple Choice North America 10GB Family 2-10 lines.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
I posted this in the general phone thread but maybe I can get some answers here.

Akbar posted:

I have a question about porting carriers so I figured maybe it fits here. I have an HTC One M7 that is out of contract with CREDO Mobile, a MVNO that runs on Sprint. My family decided they wanted to try out T-Mobile because they wanted GSM phones.

To my knowledge, the HTC One M7 is a dual CDMA/GSM world phone so I figured I could get it carrier unlocked and use it with a T-Mobile SIM. I researched around a bit and found that others online who had done the same said that voice/text connects fine but I wouldn't be able to get 4G mobile data, which I thought was acceptable

Now I'm in a pickle where CREDO/Sprint claims the phone is unlocked but the device won't recognize the T-Mobile SIM and I can't connect to a GSM network (I get a "Invalid Card - Please contact customer care" notice). T-Mobile says the SIM is activated on their end and that it's a device/unlock issue. CREDO/Sprint claim it's as unlocked as it gets and they can't/won't do anything more. They also provided me with an MSL code when I asked for the unlock but neither I nor the T-Mobile reps know what to do with it. Any ideas?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I have 40 people in my company on a Verizon corporate plan. We pay $5000 a month average, and we're based in Boston. Some people roam to Canada, the UK, or California.

Since all of the phones we have are unlocked iPhone 5/6, I was looking into changing us over to T-Mobile. They'll give us the same unlimited voice/text and 100gb data bucket for about $1000 a month instead of $5000. Apparently Canada/Mexico doesn't count as roaming, and international data doesn't cause a huge overage, they simply reduce the speed if needed (Verizon is on edge mode when I went to France/UK anyways, so probably not much difference there).

I'm trying to get the migration approved, but some people have serious reservations about the coverage: "Isn't it a way worse network than Verizon?". From what I can see, it is actually somewhat better than Verizon in Boston. If I tell the CEO he has to switch to this sim card, am I going to sorely regret it? I mean, there's no contract and I can port numbers back and forth so I suppose anything is reversible, I'm just wondering how coverage is realistically going to be versus Verizon. Many of the execs have homes in Middle of Nowhere Massachuetts so that's one of the main concerns... most of the roaming is to other major metro areas for business.

Honest opinions? Does anyone here administer a corporate plan for their company? If anyone does and could PM me what company and your thoughts, it'd help me build my case.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I live in the Midwest and have poo poo signal outside of Peoria, and even some dead spots in town. I'm in Southern WI right now and go from a good signal to no signal in a mile. Never had a problem in, say, Chicago.

I'd recommend getting one or two SIM cards and trying it out. Business lines are going to be more critical than my personal line, so don't trust the map or anecdotes.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002

Akbar posted:

I posted this in the general phone thread but maybe I can get some answers here.

Sorry, but you're boned. The Sprint One M7 is not Domestic SIM unlock-able. It can only be unlocked for foreign carrier SIMs.

Scroll down the the table at the bottom:
http://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html#!/

That MSL code allows you to "flash" or manually reprogram it for other CDMA carriers, but not a GSM carrier that uses SIM cards.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Zero VGS posted:

I have 40 people in my company on a Verizon corporate plan. We pay $5000 a month average, and we're based in Boston. Some people roam to Canada, the UK, or California.

Since all of the phones we have are unlocked iPhone 5/6, I was looking into changing us over to T-Mobile. They'll give us the same unlimited voice/text and 100gb data bucket for about $1000 a month instead of $5000. Apparently Canada/Mexico doesn't count as roaming, and international data doesn't cause a huge overage, they simply reduce the speed if needed (Verizon is on edge mode when I went to France/UK anyways, so probably not much difference there).

I'm trying to get the migration approved, but some people have serious reservations about the coverage: "Isn't it a way worse network than Verizon?". From what I can see, it is actually somewhat better than Verizon in Boston. If I tell the CEO he has to switch to this sim card, am I going to sorely regret it? I mean, there's no contract and I can port numbers back and forth so I suppose anything is reversible, I'm just wondering how coverage is realistically going to be versus Verizon. Many of the execs have homes in Middle of Nowhere Massachuetts so that's one of the main concerns... most of the roaming is to other major metro areas for business.

Honest opinions? Does anyone here administer a corporate plan for their company? If anyone does and could PM me what company and your thoughts, it'd help me build my case.

My opinion:

Leave the CEO, other important people, and those who rely on travel on Verizon. Assume that's about 10 people.

Switch the other 30 to T-Mobile and still save some money.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Zero VGS posted:

This really feels like as much of a career decision as it is a tech decision. Coverage will almost certainly be worse. Whether that will actually affect people, they will think it affects them. They will think that they got great service in the middle of Iowa corn fields with Verizon even if they didn't, and at the end of the day they're not saving any money. I don't know the dynamics of your company, but I'd shop AT&T, get three prices, and run it up to whoever you try to sell these things to with a list of pros and cons. Once you make a tentative decision, I'd put 6-12 people on the the new carrier for a month or two (preferably including an exec or two) before pulling the trigger on switching the whole company. Company culture is also going to play a role. $4000 a month is a lot of money, but when one missed call to Chuck in sales might cost the company that in a sale or customer loyalty then it starts looking really cheap.

Also, see if you can get a better deal from Verizon using other rates for leverage. $125 per person, per month is loving terrible (assuming you didn't get free iPhones or something), but even more so for businesses. Businesses usually get really excellent rates. I have heard rumors about what my company pays for AT&T service and it's a fraction of that.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

I was just charged by T-Mobile for my two 6s pre-orders but was told I wouldn't be charged until they shipped. Does this mean... that they've shipped?

:stare:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

BeastOfExmoor posted:

This really feels like as much of a career decision as it is a tech decision. Coverage will almost certainly be worse. Whether that will actually affect people, they will think it affects them. They will think that they got great service in the middle of Iowa corn fields with Verizon even if they didn't, and at the end of the day they're not saving any money. I don't know the dynamics of your company, but I'd shop AT&T, get three prices, and run it up to whoever you try to sell these things to with a list of pros and cons. Once you make a tentative decision, I'd put 6-12 people on the the new carrier for a month or two (preferably including an exec or two) before pulling the trigger on switching the whole company. Company culture is also going to play a role. $4000 a month is a lot of money, but when one missed call to Chuck in sales might cost the company that in a sale or customer loyalty then it starts looking really cheap.

Also, see if you can get a better deal from Verizon using other rates for leverage. $125 per person, per month is loving terrible (assuming you didn't get free iPhones or something), but even more so for businesses. Businesses usually get really excellent rates. I have heard rumors about what my company pays for AT&T service and it's a fraction of that.

Thanks, all very helpful advice. Doesn't T-Mobile automatically roam to AT&T in areas where T-Mo doesn't have service and AT&T does? I thought that at least was the case a while back.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

Zero VGS posted:

Thanks, all very helpful advice. Doesn't T-Mobile automatically roam to AT&T in areas where T-Mo doesn't have service and AT&T does? I thought that at least was the case a while back.

Someone will be able to give you a more technical answer on this for sure, but I carry a AT&T phone for work along with a T-Mobile phone as my personal. I have frequently been in places where I get 4G/LTE on the AT&T phone and Edge on the t-mobile. I think voice/text will fall back to AT&T roaming when no T-mobile service exists, but I've definitely seen places where I get some AT&T service and no T-Mobile service (roaming or not) although it's not in places I would "expect" to have service.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Zero VGS posted:

It depends on the area. It does if you are in an area with a roaming agreement.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

Don Lapre posted:

It depends on the area. It does if you are in an area with a roaming agreement.

To add to that I'm pretty sure if T-Mobile has any coverage in the area they won't have roaming even in the areas they don't.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

goku chewbacca posted:

Sorry, but you're boned. The Sprint One M7 is not Domestic SIM unlock-able. It can only be unlocked for foreign carrier SIMs.

Scroll down the the table at the bottom:
http://www.sprint.com/legal/unlocking_policy.html#!/

That MSL code allows you to "flash" or manually reprogram it for other CDMA carriers, but not a GSM carrier that uses SIM cards.

Dag. Thanks for the helpful information, though. Guess I'll put this on ebay or something. What's the going rate for a CDMA-unlocked 32gb HTC One M7 in good condition?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Akbar posted:

Dag. Thanks for the helpful information, though. Guess I'll put this on ebay or something. What's the going rate for a CDMA-unlocked 32gb HTC One M7 in good condition?

Not a lot.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Senf posted:

I was just charged by T-Mobile for my two 6s pre-orders but was told I wouldn't be charged until they shipped. Does this mean... that they've shipped?

:stare:

Yeah me too on Sunday. I also just got an email this morning saying one of them had shipped... Uh, seems a bit early? Also weird it was just one of them.

I went with Jump on Demand because it sure sounds like a good deal. Nothing in any of the paperwork says anything about the $7/mo discount so heres hoping they don't gently caress me over. :v:

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

ddogflex posted:

Yeah me too on Sunday. I also just got an email this morning saying one of them had shipped... Uh, seems a bit early? Also weird it was just one of them.

I went with Jump on Demand because it sure sounds like a good deal. Nothing in any of the paperwork says anything about the $7/mo discount so heres hoping they don't gently caress me over. :v:

As of yesterday, both of mine have shipped and have UPS tracking numbers (which I found by doing a reference search with my phone numbers), but I'm pretty confident that they won't be here until Friday anyway. And after my auto-payment went through the other day, the $7 credit appeared on my account. I'm pretty sure I should have two credits (because I pre-ordered two phones through JOD), so we'll see.

A quick chat clarified things a bit and you should receive your credit soon:

Senf fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 21, 2015

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
I'm switching from AT&T to T-Mobile tomorrow, and I have a newbie question since this is the first time I've switched carriers. I'll be activating an unlocked iPhone 5C, and should be receiving a 6S+ on Friday. When I get the new phone, is activating it as easy as popping the SIM out of the 5C and putting it in the 6S+, or do I need to head to a T-Mobile shop for any reason?

Millions fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Sep 21, 2015

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Millions posted:

I'm switching from AT&T to T-Mobile tomorrow, and I have a newbie question since this is the first time I've switched carriers. I'll be activating an unlocked iPhone 5C, and should be receiving a 6S+ on Friday. When I get the new phone, is activating it as easy as popping the SIM out of the 5C and putting it in the 6S+, or do I need to head to a T-Mobile shop for any reason?

The only possible reason you'd need to go to a store is if those two phones took different size sim cards, then you'd either need a new sim or an adapter. But if they are the same size, then just pop it in and you're good to go.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Senf posted:

As of yesterday, both of mine have shipped and have UPS tracking numbers (which I found by doing a reference search with my phone numbers), but I'm pretty confident that they won't be here until Friday anyway. And after my auto-payment went through the other day, the $7 credit appeared on my account. I'm pretty sure I should have two credits (because I pre-ordered two phones through JOD), so we'll see.

A quick chat clarified things a bit and you should receive your credit soon:

Where did you see the credit on your account?

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

ddogflex posted:

Where did you see the credit on your account?

It shows up on both the My T-Mobile home page (see below) and billing summary page.

The second credit for my second phone hasn't shown up yet, but per the chat from earlier, it's supposed to by the time my next bill is due.

ryangs
Jul 11, 2001

Yo vivo en una furgoneta abajo cerca del río!

Zero VGS posted:

Roaming is not something you want to rely on for everyday usage at all. First, as someone else pointed out, there's no roaming in any market where T-Mobile provides service. Second, data is limited to 2G speeds, and capped at a ridiculously low monthly level, like 50 or 100MB depending on your plan. That can disappear in a few hours of smartphone activity.

Roaming is (barely) good enough for while you're away on vacation, but definitely not everyday business use.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Still trying to figure out costs for doing things on T-Mobile, and this Jump! On Demand! plan is confusing.

So let's suppose I switch to T-Mobile and get the phone I want (a 6S 64 GB). That looks like it will be $100 down, and $27 per month. Over the course of a year, I've paid around $425 of the phone (which was originally $750).

Now the hypothetical iPhone 7 comes out, and I want to get an iPhone 7 64 GB, which for the sake of argument is the exact same price tier.

I want to Jump! On Demand!

How much money do I have to put down, and how much will it cost per month to now acquire a 7? Is it just like getting the same thing over again, or do I get some benefit once I'm on the monthly installments?

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

You pay whatever they decide the monthly rate for the 7 is. So you walk in, hand them your 6, pay $100 down, and then the $27 a month (assuming it's the exact same pricing scheme as the 6).

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Is this band 12 stuff really that good? I have a perfectly reasonable two year old Moto X, I think the camera would be the only reason for me to upgrade right now, unless band 12 is like some mega signal.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Axiem posted:

Still trying to figure out costs for doing things on T-Mobile, and this Jump! On Demand! plan is confusing.

So let's suppose I switch to T-Mobile and get the phone I want (a 6S 64 GB). That looks like it will be $100 down, and $27 per month. Over the course of a year, I've paid around $425 of the phone (which was originally $750).

Now the hypothetical iPhone 7 comes out, and I want to get an iPhone 7 64 GB, which for the sake of argument is the exact same price tier.

I want to Jump! On Demand!

How much money do I have to put down, and how much will it cost per month to now acquire a 7? Is it just like getting the same thing over again, or do I get some benefit once I'm on the monthly installments?

Currently, the 64GB 6S is $99 down, then $26 a month with a $7 credit making it functionally $19/m. For the 7 it's going to be whatever they're charging at the time, most likely the $26 a month, unless they do another promo like they are now.

FogHelmut posted:

Is this band 12 stuff really that good? I have a perfectly reasonable two year old Moto X, I think the camera would be the only reason for me to upgrade right now, unless band 12 is like some mega signal.

From everything I've read, the speeds are a lot lower on band 12, so you only want it if you have poor/no signal on the other two LTE bands. That being said, the thing I'm most excited about with the 6S that should be coming Friday is band 12 support... There is a lot of spotty T-Mobile coverage on I-5 in Oregon which I'm hoping it will help with. There is apparently just a lot more band 12 coverage in general in the Pacific NW.

ddogflex fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 22, 2015

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Main Question: Can I stick a MetroPCS tablet plan sim card into a Mobile Hotspot (like the ZTE MF64) and get data? (Alternatively, can I do the same with a cheap smartphone for Data Only?)

Hey. Mainly a grandfathered AT&T customer, but was looking to get a mobile internet/hotspot plan for my dad for the wifi tablet I set him up with. I figured I could grab one of these $40 hotspots at bestbuy (with that extra credit I have laying around about to expire there)... no LTE radio on that one, but not like my dad would care... and then...

So I'm looking... T-Mobile sells 1GB 4G LTE + throttled unlimited for $20/mo... plus taxes/reg fees for roughly ~$24-$26 I was told on the phone.
MetroPCS offers a tablet plan though for 2GB 4G + throttled unlimited for $15 a month all taxes/reg fees included. Assuming they use the same network, can I just plug one of those sims into that t-mobile hotspot I'm going to buy? Any other fees that metro tacks on?

Metro seems like the choice in my situation of getting my dad cheap internet... only difference is I guess T-Mo has Datastash, LTE, and free music streaming. Well, if I can jam MetroPCS's tablet plan sim into a mobile hotspot, I'll be happy.

Thanks!

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 22, 2015

Prescription Combs
Apr 20, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

It's that good if you value the extra coverage it offers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi425
Dec 6, 2002

THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK YOUR HAND IN THE TV DO IT DO IT DO IT

@JohnLegere posted:

On Friday, you can get the new #iPhone6s at @TMobile w/ #JUMPonDemand for $5, $10 or $15/month - depending on model and trade-in #BOOM

What. Is this for real? Seriously, why would anyone not upgrade at that price?