Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

What's a way to say "if you hire me you will make a good choice" without sounding dumb? Working on a cover letter for a really great job.

"I hope to hear from back from you soon because this opportunity is really exciting for me and I believe I can make a difference to your company"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I love this game and this community but I also hate it and it so much.

What's a way to say "if you hire me you will make a good choice" without sounding dumb? Working on a cover letter for a really great job.

"I believe my skills and experience make me an excellent fit for the position" is generally a good way to go.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

"I hope to hear from back from you soon because this opportunity is really exciting for me and I believe I can make a difference to your company"

preface: i work in corporate so this is colored by that bias

But this is a little more informal than I would prefer in a cover letter. Remove the "this opportunity... me and" phrase and it's a good way to go as well, but you had better be drat sure you've outlined HOW you can make that theoretical difference.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 27, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

EccoRaven posted:

I went with "Combined with my lifelong commitment to environmental advocacy, I am an outstanding candidate for this position, and I am excited to have the opportunity to work with you."

thanks!

Good luck!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I went with "Combined with my lifelong commitment to environmental advocacy, I am an outstanding candidate for this position, and I am excited to have the opportunity to work with you."

thanks!

Good luck!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

thanks!

Gewd luck

Popeye is an amazing movie. Shelly Duvall is such a spot on olive oyl it's ridiculous

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Good luck ec

The outstanding will be self evident with your academic resume alone~

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

BottleKnight posted:

What didn't you like about it busb? or rather, what did you find mediocre?

I'd like to hear your thought on the effects, which I thought were incredible!

Some bits were amusing and it was v odd hearing familiar birdsong, but on the whole it was just a 2 hour long car chase.

I liked how it had a different style and aesthetic to the usual Hollywood stuff, but there was no real substance to the film.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
i think u have no real substance bubs how do u like that.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
a lot

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I felt the same way busb

How does *that* make you feel

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I just rented a movie for 1000 days from Amazon prime and I have 29999 days to start the rental period before it goes away.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Tremendous Taste posted:

I felt the same way busb

How does *that* make you feel

I now embrace my imminent oblivion with even more fervour

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Magnus Gallant posted:

I just rented a movie for 1000 days from Amazon prime and I have 29999 days to start the rental period before it goes away.

What movie?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Magnus Gallant posted:

Gewd luck

Popeye is an amazing movie. Shelly Duvall is such a spot on olive oyl it's ridiculous

Laaaaaaarge

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

ljtrigirl posted:

What movie?

Maximum overdrive. It cost 3.99 for the movie for 1000 days haha

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Magnus Gallant posted:

if you watch it once a day for 1000 days, you will have spent .004 cents per viewing.

magnus you should watch it once a day for 1000 days and start a blog.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Magnus Gallant posted:

Gewd luck

This song is based on my life: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqVI2DmLI2Q

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

There's a really good song in it called "he needs me". You've probably heard it once before.

EccoRaven posted:

if you watch it once a day for 1000 days, you will have spent .004 cents per viewing.

magnus you should watch it once a day for 1000 days and start a blog.

Omg that would be awesome and take so much dedication.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Magnus Gallant posted:

Nice.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
chiming in late to say mario maker does in fact own

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

EccoRaven posted:

It's usually more subtle things, like have you ever noticed newer players get a lot of heat thrown their way early in the game for no particular reason? Or alternatively people dismiss their opinions as "well you're wrong (maybe scum?) but you're new so you get a Day One Newbie Pass *ignores them*"?

We also toss around terms and ideas a lot without explaining them, and of course bring up meta a ton and treat it as sacrosanct ("it's my meta to do X" "it's not their meta to do Y").

It's fine to do those things but be mindful that you're doing it, and that, to a newer player who isn't necessarily receptive to mafia itself, those things are subtle ways to make you feel less welcome and have a less fun time overall. This might require "going out of your way" a little but it's not difficult as long as you're aware of what you're doing.

That's all I have to say about this.

my first mafia game (out of the whole 2 that i have played) was pleasant enough, albeit still had some people tossing around terms and stuff i didn't know.

i still kinda hated it, though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Do you just lurk here adus?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MMM wasn't that Hidden Temple game one of your first mafia ones? That had to be bonkers.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm sorry, chaoslord.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Do you just lurk here adus?

i am one with the shadows

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I just watched The Artist on Netflix. I thought it would be pretentious garbage, but I actually really enjoyed it. It was a nice movie.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I had a bottle of wine for dinner

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Power of Pecota posted:

MMM wasn't that Hidden Temple game one of your first mafia ones? That had to be bonkers.
To this day that is one of my favourite games ever. It was absolutely bonkers but also amazingly fun.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

To this day that is one of my favourite games ever. It was absolutely bonkers but also amazingly fun.

It was a total roller coaster for me being right about everything but almost voted out twice in like the first 3-4 days and then completely wrong about everything until the last day.

I'm always amazed on the runs final temple guards can go on in those games, the one I played before that Mikujin went from like 1v8 to LYLO all on his own.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Look Under The Rock posted:

I had a bottle of $6 moscato and imitation crab sticks ~livin the dream~

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Look Under The Rock posted:

With dinner, or as dinner?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Power of Pecota posted:

I had a bottle of $6 moscato and imitation crab sticks ~livin the dream~

Nothing wrong with $6 moscato!

Fake crab legs though...

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

JakeP posted:

chiming in late to say mario maker does in fact own

I love Nintendo and the WiiU.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

DuckHuntDog posted:

I love Nintendo and the WiiU.

The wii u is pretty great haha

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Mithross posted:

Nothing wrong with $6 moscato!

Fake crab legs though...

My new apartment's stove is non-functional at the moment, so if I were to cook real crab it'd have to be microwaved

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Power of Pecota posted:

My new apartment's stove is non-functional at the moment, so if I were to cook real crab it'd have to be microwaved

My current kitchen contains: a microwave, a toaster, and a tiny convection oven just exactly the size of a digorno pizza. A refrigerator, and a sink. No stove or full oven.

...and I'm a cook for a living. It's a little shameful, to be honest

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mithross posted:

My current kitchen contains: a microwave, a toaster, and a tiny convection oven just exactly the size of a digorno pizza. A refrigerator, and a sink. No stove or full oven.

...and I'm a cook for a living. It's a little shameful, to be honest

Nah that makes sense. Nobody wants to work at home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mafia Mario Makers! Check out my levels at my Miiverse page and even friend me on Miiverse if you feel like it.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/mattcruea/posts