Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I love how everyone hates Opie's stupid loving character attempt. God is he a failure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

It's really weird that he's still trying to do stuff like that. You'd think he would have "figured it out" by now.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
He spends all these shows seated next to Jimmy, who HAS figured it out, and is just trying to copy him. Right down to the stupid face while speaking as whatever poo poo character he's trying to do. It's so pathetic.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I could only sit through 4 seconds of that

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Apoplexy posted:

I love how everyone hates Opie's stupid loving character attempt. God is he a failure.

But he was just doing it because it was making him laugh!!!!!!!

He is confused why people are so angry about it!!!!!!!!!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
No it's the whole bit

it's supposed to be bad

that's what's so funny about it

haven't you figured it out yet

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2-qPEu5hq0

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
If Opie were smart enough to make deliberately terrible characters to troll his audience I would like that. But for gently caress's sake, don't drag old Patrice O'Neal bits in with the other garbage.

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 13, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

If Opie were smart enough to make deliberately terrible characters to troll his audience

I'm doing my best to not be a jerk: explain to me how this is smart.

Properly predicting that "putting out low quality poo poo will get your audience upset at you" does not make for a good bit...What wit am I missing exactly?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I didn't say it would make for a good bit, just that I would like if he embraced his awfulness and propelled it. And there is a smart way to go about making annoying characters, such as Jim with Chip and Edgar and his other characters, and a terrible way of doing it, which is what Opie is doing. That's because Opie is trying too hard and has no self-awareness.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Now THAT'S funny.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

lmao

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

That child is correct.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Was the lowest point of the show when they basically kicked Norm Macdonald out so Jim can get an autograph from some wrestling guy? Unbelievable.

OlyMike
Sep 17, 2006
I'm talking about flagellation, who gives a damn about parades
So is Fez really back in the hospital with a seeping chest wound? Christ that guy is a mess...

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

jyrka posted:

Was the lowest point of the show when they basically kicked Norm Macdonald out so Jim can get an autograph from some wrestling guy? Unbelievable.
It was Norm and Colin. Jim wanted to get them both out to get Brock Lesnar in sooner

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

shyduck posted:

It was Norm and Colin. Jim wanted to get them both out to get Brock Lesnar in sooner

What move did he put Jim in?

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

T Bowl posted:

Eh, they'd make it work. I couldn't see them being an early show or anything anyway which also makes it a lot easier. Just cause two guys like similar things doesn't mean it's somehow bad? I don't get the need of conflict between the two main hosts, that's what other people can be as needed.

Yeah, maybe the pop culture talk and funny impressions would get old for 3-4 hours a day.... I doubt it though.

I like the Bonfire but I hope they never revisit the Huey Lewis bit that was an entire show and half of two others.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
It was really awkward to listen to a conversation about tittyfucking but it was worth it for the Alabama Caesar Salad line

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

It's been improving as the show's been on, but they need to eliminate the sound effects from Bonfire. It's embarrassing whenever one gets cued. I also hope for little to no focus on callers, but you can't ask for too much.

I've listened to the Chet Haze segment 3 times....

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

An Enormous Boner posted:

It's been improving as the show's been on, but they need to eliminate the sound effects from Bonfire. It's embarrassing whenever one gets cued. I also hope for little to no focus on callers, but you can't ask for too much.

I've listened to the Chet Haze segment 3 times....

His mother's dead, bud!

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
Can any of you RnF compilation guys make a Chris is a fuckin jinx mix?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

livingfruitvirus posted:

What move did he put Jim in?
Check out the video "Brock Lesner CHOKES Jim Norton HARD - @OpieRadio" to find out

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Is the usual place to get torrents of these shows down? Is it permanent?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

jyrka posted:

Definitely Jimmy's lowest point at least

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Stefan Prodan posted:

Is the usual place to get torrents of these shows down? Is it permanent?

It comes and goes. Someone puts abnormal punctuation in their file name and the database freaks out. It's usually no longer than a day or three.

It feels weird to bitch about a free thing not being perfect, but what'd'ya'gonna'do?

Meth Rollins
Jun 24, 2005
I wanted to listen to the latest Bonfire on my headphones while doing yard work but couldn't find an mp3 so I used the usual places to find them on youtube and converted it here.

Seems to work just fine. Probably not telling anyone anything they don't know how to do already but seems like an easy solution while you wait for you-know-what to come back.

FarmerHank
Jan 6, 2011

farming techniques vary
Sam Roberts' Show at night is very enjoyable.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I really hope Pepper Hicks makes it into Ghostbusters:

https://youtu.be/fgvDxXfB2RE?t=2550

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Go Go Ghostmustidd!

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

FarmerHank posted:

I haven't really listened for a while, but I heard Sam is not on the show anymore? Is that true...? Feel like I haven't heard him much when I do randomly scan the channel. On the O&J show that is.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

FarmerHank posted:

Best of luck to Sam and I'm happy for his success, but there's no way I could stomach his voice for an entire show. Just too grating.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Someone's not a good FOSAD.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

An Enormous Boner posted:

Someone's not a good FOSAD.

Nizzers up.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Late but the Bonfire is pretty good.

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

I'm still only an hour in to today's O&J, but do they ever get informed that Rubio's water bottle thing was a reference to that SOTU response from a couple years ago? I mean it it didn't go over great but it's not really a bomb in the way they are droning on about.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

BL seriously wears on me. Though she gives Ron an opportunity to constantly poo poo on someone like only he can.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
BL reminds me a lot of Fez. The Florida white trash element. The clinging to Ron. The 1980s references that no one else gets. I don't like her either.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Colin Quinn was on Charlie Rose. ( http://www.hulu.com/watch/830686 ) They talked about standup comedy in general and his part in Amy Schumer's movie. Although they mentioned his book, there wasn't a single question about its subject matter. I've noticed this with every interview Colin's done to promote the book. They're happy to have him, but they really don't want to discuss his old, white point-of-view on race. This is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

JFC posted:

BL reminds me a lot of Fez. The Florida white trash element. The clinging to Ron. The 1980s references that no one else gets. I don't like her either.

To each his own. I think BL is awesome. She's one of those people you bring off the bench once every few months to kick rear end, and she always delivers.

• Locked thread