Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Townies have the most need and cause, and benefit most by talking as much and as openly as possible. I encourage everyone to interject and talk. Every utterance is evidence. Scum have an incentive to keep mum and say as little as possible. I don't share my Unconfirmed Masonbuddy's reaction at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Lumpen posted:

Townies have the most need and cause, and benefit most by talking as much and as openly as possible. I encourage everyone to interject and talk. Every utterance is evidence. Scum have an incentive to keep mum and say as little as possible. I don't share my Unconfirmed Masonbuddy's reaction at all.

Only to be able to be read. Not to state that they have a friend in the game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Maybe I'm just lonely Ernie, did you ever think of that?

no! you're very amiable, this is a lie and i will continue voting you!!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Lumpen posted:

Why did you feel the need to add in that last sentence?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote lumpen

See ya d2

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why did you feel the need to add in that last sentence?
It's a good conclusion sentence for the paragraph. I disagree with Ernie's vote. He could be Scum, we are not Confirmed. What was your impression?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

Awesome, you've done your part anyway.

imgay, let's Content Game!
imgay, if you could give out three dayvigs right now in this game, who would you trust to give them to? You can say why or not, it's up to you. Please play, it is very good to play and keep the game going.

hiip, ernie, arity

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Honk honk.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

imgay posted:

hiip, ernie, arity
Ernie, let's Content Game!
1. Who will be nightkilled tonight?
2. Who would be nightkilled instead if #1 gets lynched today?
3. Who has cast the Scummiest vote so far?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Lumpen posted:

It's a good conclusion sentence for the paragraph. I disagree with Ernie's vote. He could be Scum, we are not Confirmed. What was your impression?

That it was unnecessary and I'm suspicious of your motives in feeling that you had to mention it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Lumpen posted:

Ernie, let's Content Game!
1. Who will be nightkilled tonight?
2. Who would be nightkilled instead if #1 gets lynched today?
3. Who has cast the Scummiest vote so far?

Opop
If not, rarity
I have cast the scummiest vote so far

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

lumpen, let's play a content game

if you were scum fake-claiming a cop, who would you not 'investigate' until the end of the game, and why?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This is The worst joke phase

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kashuno posted:

This is The worst joke phase

i thought mine was pretty good :shobon:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ernie. posted:

i thought mine was pretty good :shobon:

Which bit was the joke?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Which bit was the joke?

the cop thing was pretty obviously over the top!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lets play the content game Apostate, last game I played with you, you were immediately vigged early day 1. If someone vigged you right now how would you feel?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hey fv, why don't you think I'm scum? I haven't really had time to anything and the fact that you say that when asked to give a read on me is weird

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

Hey fv, why don't you think I'm scum? I haven't really had time to anything and the fact that you say that when asked to give a read on me is weird

Because there's nothing to go on. You've contributed nothing so I have nothing to make an alignment read on. I also don't think you're town but I wasn't asked that. I was asked why I'm not voting you.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh. Well I guess that's ok

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Ernie. posted:

lumpen, let's play a content game

if you were scum fake-claiming a cop, who would you not 'investigate' until the end of the game, and why?
~Myself~

Ernie. posted:

Opop
If not, rarity
I have cast the scummiest vote so far

Opopanax, imagine Ernie, kashuno, and apostateCourier go to an ice cream shop. What flavor does each one order?
One of them goes to lick their ice cream cone but knocks the scoops off it, splattering to the ground, and then they slip and sit in their mess and cry, clutching an empty cone, with a cold sticky butt. Who?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lumpen, if you had to get cuckolded by 3 posters here, who would they be?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lumpen, who are the three players in the following scenario:

Two players walk into a bar, the third one ducks.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

One of them goes to lick their ice cream cone but knocks the scoops off it, splattering to the ground, and then they slip and sit in their mess and cry, clutching an empty cone, with a cold sticky butt. Who?

The answer to this is obviously Keane.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I don't know who to trust :ohdear:

Trust yourself. When it turns out you're wrong, double down and trust yourself EVEN HARDER.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Not that you asked, but i would give one to Rarity.

Aw shucks, you always know the perfect gift for me :3:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

##vote lumpen

See ya d2

This is very tempting. I don't like how he's come out of the gates so hard, he's trying to take control of the game. Could it be for NEFARIOUS PURPOSES hmmmmm

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Lumpen's just trying to be a good example for us new kids! :shobon: I'm not sure what he's being a good example of, but he's doing it with gusto.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

imgay posted:

Lets play the content game Apostate, last game I played with you, you were immediately vigged early day 1. If someone vigged you right now how would you feel?

I would be annoyed, because I want to actually play this time. Thank you for asking.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Someone Awful! posted:

Lumpen's just trying to be a good example for us new kids! :shobon: I'm not sure what he's being a good example of, but he's doing it with gusto.

A good example of scum, that he is trying to be.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

This is very tempting. I don't like how he's come out of the gates so hard, he's trying to take control of the game. Could it be for NEFARIOUS PURPOSES hmmmmm
Rarity, I think this post seems disingenuous. Do you really believe I've done anything to "take control of the game" in my 17 posts? I haven't even advocated any lynches. Playing content game gets people to post and creates something to post about. It encourages a more active game, and that is good for Town. I would love for everyone to get super engaged and come out of the gates hard, although I know it's the weekend.

You're also wishy-washy about voting or not. Hesitant.

So I'm wondering if you're Town and struggling with a desire to vote me but it's personal but you don't want to look petty and you think I'm probably Town, or else you're Scum and struggling with the desire to jump on a bandwagon but not wanting to have it look totally unjustified. You don't seem to actually think I may be pursuing "NEFARIOUS PURPOSES hmmmmm" (which I am not, and you are a good enough player hopefully to see that and not really want the game to lurk more). Kashuno is pretty clearly voting for someone he does not think is Scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think you're always scum, Lumpen.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

I think you're always scum, Lumpen.
But what is your win condition and are you pursuing it? You're acting like someone assigned a Scum PM. Is that what you intend to signal, or are you taking an "I don't care" stance?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

But what is your win condition and are you pursuing it? You're acting like someone assigned a Scum PM. Is that what you intend to signal, or are you taking an "I don't care" stance?

yes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

Rarity, I think this post seems disingenuous. Do you really believe I've done anything to "take control of the game" in my 17 posts? I haven't even advocated any lynches. Playing content game gets people to post and creates something to post about. It encourages a more active game, and that is good for Town. I would love for everyone to get super engaged and come out of the gates hard, although I know it's the weekend.

So I'm wondering if you're Town and struggling with a desire to vote me but it's personal but you don't want to look petty and you think I'm probably Town, or else you're Scum and struggling with the desire to jump on a bandwagon but not wanting to have it look totally unjustified. You don't seem to actually think I may be pursuing "NEFARIOUS PURPOSES hmmmmm" (which I am not, and you are a good enough player hopefully to see that and not really want the game to lurk more). Kashuno is pretty clearly voting for someone he does not think is Scum.

It's not about pushing for lynches or anything like that. My read on you is based on your assertive tone and extensive flaunting of your mafia experience. This is a newbie heavy game and I think you're trying to get the newbies to fall in line with your way of thinking so you can take the role of town leader. Yes, content game is good and useful but it's early days so relying on it now to drive content looks like a crutch because you want to push the game in the direction you want instead of letting it develop naturally. I also don't like you praising my mafia ability, I never trust flattery.

As for Kash, there's no need to get on his back over that vote cause I doubt it's a serious one. Mine however, is.

##vote Lumpen

Good day!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Lumpen posted:

you know, it's really impressive that you think people who are hedgy are scum while thats the exact thing you do in this post

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
While my vote was low content, it was a serious vote

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

While my vote was low content, it was a serious vote
Since you're ~serious~, can you explain it more, for the record?

If I flip, it'll be helpful to distinguish the opportunistic bandwagoning Scum from the Townie failures who were simply too stupid to vote any better.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
im glad that your play is perfect to you lumpen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Votefinder and the first line of the OP have a discrepancy about the number of players and the number required to lynch.

Votefinder is right, it's 9 to lynch, and I'm at -3. Just so nobody can hammer and say "oops".

• Locked thread