Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Everything is clear now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Will Barkley 2 go into further detail about the religious practices of the post b-ball cyber apocalypse? I'd like to hear more details Ballhalla where the brave dunk forever.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Is there some in-game resource for looking up the functions of affixes, possibly only ones you've already found yourself?
If not I suppose some wiki will pop up.

captain innocuous
Apr 7, 2009

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Will Barkley 2 go into further detail about the religious practices of the post b-ball cyber apocalypse? I'd like to hear more details Ballhalla where the brave dunk forever.

Zone Press Me!

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
wasn't this gonna come out like 2 years ago lmao

where is it

what is happening

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

I'm convinced that this thread is the reason for the stickied rule on the forum.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

circ dick soleil posted:

Trump is a portmanteau of truck and pump, and Donald is Donald Stirling.

Fun fact, Donald Stirling was the original Queklain but he probably would have sued ToG back into the Stone Age so it was a no go

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

AEMINAL posted:

wasn't this gonna come out like 2 years ago lmao

where is it

what is happening

11/11/2023

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Gun's that fire bullets that orbit around you until you release the fire button (Planetary)

Gun's that fire a rocket/grenade/whatever that doesn't do damage to what it directly hits but does do regular splash damage (Of the Storm)

Gun's you can wear (Of Milan)

Gun's with a random chance of telling enemies embarrassing secrets instead of firing bullets (Of the Parent)

Gun's that fires slime (Nick's)

Gun's that reload other gun's when its bullets hit enemies, also the bullets do very little-to-no damage (Friendly)

Gun's with dangling Gun's Nut'zTM

Gun's that shoot caltrops that hurt and slow whoever walks on them (Cal's)

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Big
Like a regular gun, but bigger

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gun is a saxophone - like that one guy from Trigun

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

You will know what it is to be a good Clispian.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Is there some in-game resource for looking up the functions of affixes, possibly only ones you've already found yourself?
If not I suppose some wiki will pop up.

You can see some lovely short description on what each of your gun's affixes does by looking at the gun's-info in an utility station. I think this'll be a game where you will need to wait for some lunatic to post his gun's-sheet's on some wiki and go from there.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Gun'sack - the gun has two testicles.
Gun'threeballin' - The gun has three testicles.
Gun'solo - Strangely, the market demands reduction here. One ball.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Improbable Lobster posted:

Gun's that fire bullets that orbit around you until you release the fire button (Planetary)

The Binding of Isaac had a powerup that did something like this and holy poo poo it was annoying.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Nessus posted:

Gun'sack - the gun has two testicles.
Gun'threeballin' - The gun has three testicles.
Gun'solo - Strangely, the market demands reduction here. One ball.
Gun'solo by Karl Lagerfeld?

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

I played Plunderers for like 4 hours on Sunday and I think you guys should stop all Barkley 2 development and start making a Plunderers sequel.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
haha, you mean I should *finish* Plunderers...

Its one of those old-rear end things I made for a game jam, and that I quickly spruced up for the game pack release, over a couple weeks. It was originally made for the Blitzkast, a jam where people have 1 week to put about 5 hours of work into a small game. The theme was "cool animals". I really put more like 10 hours into it back then tho...

My latest build of it has you docking at port cities to unload your collected treasure and buy equipment, supplies and hire crew, and you need to find treasure maps to unlock new areas to plunder. You buy treasure maps from creepy NPCs at bars, or you sometimes find them while diving. Your crew not only works as divers but also have various jobs aboard your ship, kind of like "Edge Of The World", a game also in the game pack, but simplified, since its not really the game's focus.

That goes for more or less all the games in the Game Pack where I'm the developer, they're all old mostly unfinished things I quickly put a bow on before we shipped out the pack!

FrankieSmileShow fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 14, 2015

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I wonder what it would cost to license this as B2 theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8o9JVyDby0

More than 10 USD?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Gortarius posted:

More than 10 USD?

This is Sega we're talking about. $15 minimum.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So did the fake interview happen yet?

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

I fake interview with the team in my head frequently. So far bob's the lead of CRANE design, but no we have fun.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Philip Rivers posted:

So did the fake interview happen yet?

Yes.
https://twitter.com/TalesOfGames/status/642003351207575552
http://www.pcgamer.com/barkley-2s-guns-are-alive-and-other-interesting-facts/

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FrankieSmileShow posted:

That goes for more or less all the games in the Game Pack where I'm the developer, they're all old mostly unfinished things I quickly put a bow on before we shipped out the pack!

Finish Non-Human you ambulatory sack of garbage.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
So many things to finish.......
So little time

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Just finish the jokes first.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gortarius posted:

More than 10 USD?
There was a let's play of S'06 recently that had a pretty good knockoff of His World in it, license that instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH8qAHnx10M

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

FrankieSmileShow posted:

So many things to finish.......
So little time

2015 release confirmed. Get ready to slam and jam.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Non-Human needs a remix of the original non-human song. I know that it's poo poo, along with all of the original Non-Human and everything in Action 52, but Non-Human's song is sort of catchy IMO,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI-Fbkwu_1U Is bad, but look at it when it's this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xTbzdfxgzE

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
I wish there was a way to just get the Vidcon Pack- I already preordered Barkley 2, and don't want to buy it again just to get some vidcons.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Don't want to come off like a corporate shill here, but: I've seen people who missed the KS legitimately ask for how to contribute to the game. At this point, the best way to do that is to Preorder the game! Then you'll also get something back for your money rather than just throwing them into a black void. And as the page says, you'll be set to get the game in late 2013 or early 2014. Promise!

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Just Offscreen posted:

I wish there was a way to just get the Vidcon Pack- I already preordered Barkley 2, and don't want to buy it again just to get some vidcons.
You'll need to preorder the Barkley 2: Doom Murder Edition to get the vidcon pack. If you've already preordered a lesser version and wish to step it up, we will of course happily accept your money, mail to contact@talesofgames.com and we'll take good care of your money.

FrankieSmileShow
Jun 1, 2011

wuzzathang
yessss Game Maker just had an update that fixes the project load times!
It used to take like 5 minutes to load the project up, because its so goddamn big at this point!
Apparently the previous versions of GMS loaded some resources more than once or something.

Now if only they could fix our gaddam 5-minute long compile times.... Its a lot of time to wait every time you make a lil adjustment and want to test it out.
If we clear the compile cache it can take like 20 minutes to compile!

FrankieSmileShow fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Sep 15, 2015

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

My, what big games you have, ToG!

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Philip Rivers posted:

My, what big games you have, ToG!

for you

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

FrankieSmileShow posted:

yessss Game Maker just had an update that fixes the project load times!
It used to take like 5 minutes to load the project up, because its so goddamn big at this point!
Apparently the previous versions of GMS loaded some resources more than once or something.

Now if only they could fix our gaddam 5-minute long compile times.... Its a lot of time to wait every time you make a lil adjustment and want to test it out.
If we clear the compile cache it can take like 20 minutes to compile!
Did Game Maker just save Barkley Two?!

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Nessus posted:

Did Game Maker just save Barkley Two?!

It's the other way around...

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Game Maker sounds like a garbage program for making garbage games

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

Chas McGill posted:

Game Maker sounds like a garbage program for making garbage games

well yeah that's why they use it

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Game Maker is actually pretty good, which is why it is taking so long to make a trash game with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Our dear special boy Gortarius isn't completely useless. He's just about wrapped up the "Sins of the Father" quest line. It is a big quest in a remote location that involves many things happening at different times. It is a serious contender for being the best quest in Barkley 2 at the moment. Please look forward to it, ohayo gozaimasu.

The to-do list to finish it up is pretty short by now, Only includes minor things like for example:

"- Wappetto 'Waaaaa~' yell"

Bisse fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Sep 16, 2015