Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

We're all reasonable and, in addition, we have good ideas only. This is why we play mafia.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I have bad ideas all the time but they invariably include running a maf game.

Ecco are you actually doing the soldiers thing or were you just trying to troll

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

busb posted:

I have bad ideas all the time but they invariably include running a maf game.

Ecco are you actually doing the soldiers thing or were you just trying to troll

I mean if you won't do it then it's a good idea for an Alumni Game like merk was talking about, since it'd involve a lot of players, has interesting mechanics, and we could even do "old vs. new" or something as the two teams.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

EccoRaven posted:

I mean if you won't do it then it's a good idea for an Alumni Game like merk was talking about, since it'd involve a lot of players, has interesting mechanics, and we could even do "old vs. new" or something as the two teams.

Look i don't mind too much either way. I have a demanding fulltime job atm so it won't be going up overnight, probably 1-2 weeksish.
If you wanted to jointly run it with me then that's fine, or you can take a back seat and play, or take the front seat and mod it yourself while i play.

it's probably a good idea for an alumni game though yes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
them some fluffy goats

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

EccoRaven posted:

I'm trying to put your butt to the fire because right now you seem totally unmotivated. do it or don't get mad that I do it first. :colbert: but I would definitely rather play than mod.
Well partly because the flavour ideas i'm interested in other people aren't! So probably not a great idea for a large, community-wide game.

Okay okay i have had a new idea. The Witcher flavour. I think there's lots of fun things i could do with the mechanics, and its a bit jeux-du-jour too.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i watched the gem show and its good

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

busb do winter/fall vs spring/summer

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Little Mac posted:

busb do winter/fall vs spring/summer

I'm all for flippant and silly themes but i don't know if a soldiers game with 32+ people is the best fit?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Back from more punk/indie rock karaoke, whee. Was at a smaller venue this time, so there were way fewer people, which meant I got to do way many more songs.

If I remember them all correctly, I did...

Mclusky - To Hell With Good Intentions
The Hold Steady - Massive Nights
The Mountain Goats - Estate Sale Sign
Screaming Females - I Don't Mind It
Ween - It's Gonna Be A Long Night

and I got roped in to do backup vocals for a friend (and help keep her in time) on Deanna by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds.

An excellent night.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

EccoRaven posted:

I'm trying to put your butt to the fire because right now you seem totally unmotivated. do it or don't get mad that I do it first. :colbert: but I would definitely rather play than mod.

Fair Mafia Thread today I went hiking.

I also saw some goats.

overall it was a good day. I do not want to move my body though for many years.

That first photo is amazing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Does this mad max game still need people? Link?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
no

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Australian PM's have great names, even if they have terrible politics.

Edit: not that all of them have bad politics, I had never paid attention before Abbott.

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Sep 14, 2015

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BottleKnight posted:

Australian PM's have great names, even if they have terrible politics.

Edit: not that all of them have bad politics, I had never paid attention before Abbott.

Yes I hope you aren't talking poo poo about Julia.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yes I hope you aren't talking poo poo about Julia.

On a cursory Wikipedia glance she seems super cool. I'm sure Australia hated her.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

it was completely unreal.

my game is actually for realsies starting today so be patient.

So sometime this weekend then right?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
man straight up those jokes were funny the first dozen times but now they're just really trite. I know I take a while to get games up and running but the joke is just run into the ground by now.

("but ecco the real joke is your posting!!" yeah well).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
To be fair after those pictures you took of your hike the other day, I will never give you poo poo for starting a game late because you went hiking ever again.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
This is a quote of a guy from reddit's fantasy football subreddit:

jg87iroc 6 points 3 hours ago

I probably lost because of Jennings td run last night. I was holding my daughters ball and fidgeting with it as I was nervous. When he ran it in I threw the ball and yelled gently caress me like 3 times. The guy in the apartment next to me came knocking on my door as I woke him. I felt like a child. A highly emotional fantasy football playing child.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Please do not behave like that fantasy football child, it's just a game :) A game I will beat you at, but still a game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

man straight up those jokes were funny the first dozen times but now they're just really trite. I know I take a while to get games up and running but the joke is just run into the ground by now.

("but ecco the real joke is your posting!!" yeah well).

I just like to tease. :)

You make good games with good flavor, so you could take a month to write out the game and I would just patiently wait for it to start.

Besides the real joke of posting is Kashuno. :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I win more than I lose though, so it all works out in the end

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Allen Wren posted:

Why the gently caress did I pick Manning to start?

dude cant even grip a football anymore without a glove, hes done

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Magnus Gallant posted:

Please do not behave like that fantasy football child, it's just a game :) A game I will beat you at, but still a game.

If you're so confident that you're going to win the league them why did you send me a trade offer for Forte?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Allen Wren posted:

I'm Veterans Stadium

im the 700 level

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Today I had to spend £50 on a new phone cause I left the old one on a coach and almost half our staff at the call centre didn't turn up which is my responsibility and my busted ligament still hurts like gently caress :(

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
That is the worst day I've heard in a while rarity :(

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EccoRaven posted:

Fair Mafia Thread today I went hiking.

I also saw some goats.

overall it was a good day. I do not want to move my body though for many years.

owns

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And then when I was trying to sort out my new phone the SIM card fell apart too much and now it doesn't fit and I need to go back to the shop again tomorrow to get another loving sim card and ughhhhhhhh :cry:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

If you're so confident that you're going to win the league them why did you send me a trade offer for Forte?

To throw you a bone so you can have a good qb

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
more like matt farte

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

merk posted:

Does this mad max game still need people? Link?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741176

It's full up (and nearly at the end of day 1), but I can put you in the replacement list if you'd like.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SirSamVimes posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741176

It's full up (and nearly at the end of day 1), but I can put you in the replacement list if you'd like.

ok please do

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I WANT TO BARF ALL OVER HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS BECAUSE THEY COST SO drat MUCH

-- a person who is probably switching to a music major this week, which is apparently the equivalent of taking a lifelong vow of poverty wooooooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Move to a good country then LUTR, everyone knows the american tertiary system sucks.

:sun: today is loving amazing :sun:
i'm going to chill out on the harbour foreshore this afternoon it's going to be amazing