Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

haruhi's got her zenzen, kyon's got his yare yare, feels like a good match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

finally we've arrived !

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's pretty good.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That was me for like 2 hours before the EE marathon baba

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

as much of a yuki fan as I am I've never actually watched sigh with her experience in the EE in mind. I wonder if they do anything with that....

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...Wait.

Is this before love live? Are we building into the Adventures Of Mikuru here?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Wait.

Yeah

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

...Wait.

Yeah, Sigh is 2 hours of the making of Adventures of Mikuru

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh, wow! That's weird. Since we'd started the new season and EE into this were clearly chronological, I'd assumed we'd gotten past the S1 timeline.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

I'm probably behind but I love watching mikuru write on the whiteboard for some reason

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Sep 15, 2015

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Oh, wow! That's weird. Since we'd started the new season and EE into this were clearly chronological, I'd assumed we'd gotten past the S1 timeline.

keep in mind some of S1 takes place in december! (I think...?)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hah. I like Yuki going full robot there, and Kyon's vague bemusement/disgust.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Someday In The Rain is last before Disappearance chronologically.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

S2 was a rebroadcast of S1 in chronological order with new episodes peppered in. It's weird

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

AnoHito posted:

Someday In The Rain is last before Disappearance chronologically.

So the movie is the end of the Chronological Haruhi Saga?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

In Training posted:

S2 was a rebroadcast of S1 in chronological order with new episodes peppered in. It's weird

THAT IS SO WEIRD.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Nah, when S2 aired, it was inserted into a chronological broadcast of S1. When that re-broadcast began, people were speculating there were gonna be new episodes due to rumors until Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody finally aired, since KyoAni basically did not confirm at all whether S2 was gonna be a thing or not.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yes

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

correct, until we get the spinoff series about adult mikuru in the future

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Zas posted:

correct, until we get the spinoff series about adult mikuru in the future

:angel:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Allarion posted:

Nah, when S2 aired, it was inserted into a chronological broadcast of S1. When that re-broadcast began, people were speculating there were gonna be new episodes due to rumors until Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody finally aired, since KyoAni basically did not confirm at all whether S2 was gonna be a thing or not.

Wow they didn't even announce new episodes, Bamboo leaf just appeared? Insane

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

THAT IS SO WEIRD.
yeah the show goes from may melancholy to december disappearance with a lot of stuff in between

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

even ballsier

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

camera, duh

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

In Training posted:

Yeah, we got one Twitter? post or something from one of the broadcast stations about the how the rebroadcast was gonna be 28 episodes and that's when people started seriously thinking there were gonna be new episodes. Otherwise, yeah it was all in the dark for everyone and why Endless Eight was probably as big of a shock as it was too.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Linnaeus posted:

camera, duh

yeah I adore when haruhi looks at kyon with a kind of genuine concern on her face like "are you actually retarded?" happens a few times in the EE too

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I remember how suddenly there were no fansub groups ready for it because no one anticipated it, so good subs took a while too.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Zas posted:

yeah I adore when haruhi looks at kyon with a kind of genuine concern on her face like "are you actually retarded?" happens a few times in the EE too

it even happens at the kiss scene lol

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ENTATAINMENTO

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

whoa they're simulating really light handheld pov camera effects for some of these shots

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

whoa they're simulating really light handheld pov camera effects for some of these shots

Yeah, they did some handheld motion earlier in the episode. The camera gets more and more swim my and unhinged in the Sigh arc

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

the best smile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GUN AKSHUN

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Linnaeus posted:

it even happens at the kiss scene lol

haha yeah although she was a lot more intense at that point (natural given the circumstances)

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

ok skipping the ED (:(), should be caught up

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

it's like a ghost town in here compared to 9/11. oh well I'm sure the numbers will be up for disappearance.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

And into part 2. Haruhi seems even more upbeat than usual in this arc. So far, anyway. Considering the arc is called "The Sigh Of Haruhi Suzumiya," we'll see if that lasts.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Zas posted:

ok skipping the ED (:(), should be caught up

More or less, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

i lov the lighting on mikuru's eyes in the intro

• Locked thread