Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Give Richmond variable banking and make it a D-shaped Irwindale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://instagram.com/p/7jmXg6wq_Z/

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

That's a dick move

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

BMB5150 posted:

Kes is excited about an ultra low downforce car that was tested in windtunnel. Hmmm is NASCAR doing something right?

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Considering that was the promo from the season from hell, it's fitting.
Twice this week I've come here from the Star Trek thread and thought I was still there.

Wow, I'm impressed with how well Bowyer kept his composure.

E: I just noticed that Johnson then guards his own nads. Maybe Kyle is a known habitual dick-flicker?

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 13, 2015

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
dick touch chain letter

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Hey CBJ do that Chase picks game again, but make it so that I get my rightful win this time.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

Hey CBJ do that Chase picks game again, but make it so that I get my rightful win this time.

I'm without internet until tomorrow, but I plan on setting it up sometime this week. Unless someone can suggest a better scoring system which can be tied into Google Forms, you're going to get a point for each right pick you make plus a bonus point for last in Chase.

Also, if anyone wants to set up a league for the official NASCAR.com game, that would be cool too.

I'm still mind boggled that the game I set up last year didn't reward the player who made the best picks. You and a couple others had three of four right.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

No I was the only one. I remember because I'm hella bitter about it

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

http://fantasygames.nascar.com/chase/#/picks

Started a league for the nascar.com game

Name - Sascar

Password - getin

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Pick 'Em Extravaganza! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741691

I need help with a relatively simple to track scoring system. Would 4-3-2-1 for each group work, with 4 points for the highest driver and 1 for the lowest, or will it turn out like last year's system?

kidcoelacanth posted:

No I was the only one. I remember because I'm hella bitter about it

It's like NASCAR, man. Sometimes the guy who should've won the championship doesn't because Jimmie Johnson ruins it for everybody.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Sep 14, 2015

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 10 days!)

Are we gonna have a special thread for the chase?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Peanut President posted:

Are we gonna have a special thread for the chase?

NASCAR 2015 (Chase): Are you ready for some football?

NASCAR 2015 (Chase): The 200MPH Roulette Wheel

NASCAR 2015 (Chase): Busch Brothers part time. so what

NASCAR 2015 (Chase): The sport you don't watch on a network you don't have.

Harveygod fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 15, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

NASCAR 2015 (Chase Elliott)

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
NASCAR 2015 (Chase) : The Last 16 Fans

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CactusWeasle posted:

NASCAR 2015 (Chase) : The Last 16 Fans

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Harveygod posted:

NASCAR 2015 (Chase): Are you ready for some football?

I like this one.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Peanut President posted:

I like this one.

Can I also like that one without agreeing with Pnut?

e;

Peanut President posted:

I don't like Eldora. :geno:

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 15, 2015

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Slickdrac posted:

Wow, rude.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
NASCAR 2015 (Chase): A soothing ointment for your terrible Roush

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

NASCAR 2015 (Chase): Altering the final laps races of a race season is wrong

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o
NASCAR 2015 (The Cha- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Y'all pick a thread title and I'll write some words to go along with them.

e- Pick the football title. I found a bitchin' intro.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

Slickdrac posted:

Even a peanut finds a blind squirrel once in a while.:haw:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

NASCAR 2015: Where It's Wrong To Change The Rules With 10 Races To Go :ironicat:

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
Bad News: I turned 30 today. I moved from one census age cohort to an older one. I don't like it.

Good News: I'm officially going to Loudon in two weeks with my dad. I know that race isn't one of our favorites but it will be cool to go do something different. Anyone have any experience at the track?

My vote goes for NASCAR 2015 (Chase): Are you ready for some football?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

John Force is running a Jeff Gordon tribute funny car this weekend in North Carolina. Pretty sweet. http://www.nhra.com/story/2015/9/15/force-gordon-charlotte/

Also, I got hired back into the NASCAR world. Hooray!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

John Force is running a Jeff Gordon tribute funny car this weekend in North Carolina. Pretty sweet. http://www.nhra.com/story/2015/9/15/force-gordon-charlotte/

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Welcome

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Where ya workin, John?

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

SpitztheGreat posted:

Bad News: I turned 30 today. I moved from one census age cohort to an older one. I don't like it.

Good News: I'm officially going to Loudon in two weeks with my dad. I know that race isn't one of our favorites but it will be cool to go do something different. Anyone have any experience at the track?

My vote goes for NASCAR 2015 (Chase): Are you ready for some football?

I've been three different times. The September race is the one to go to. Get there early and party in the parking lot. Everyone is usually cool in my experience. Depending where you sit, I've found I didn't really need hearing protection when I sat in turn 1-2 area. Bring it anyway, I worked around airplanes for a long time so I'm kinda deaf anyway. Bring a cooler in, you're allowed a good size one. Food and stuff is reasonable but you'll wanna bring your own beer.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
We'll be on the extreme end of the front stretch coming out of four near the top. My only concern is visibility of the cars as they come through the center of 3 and 4.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

If possible, go to the races on Saturday. I'm seriously considering going only on Saturday this year.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

VikingSkull posted:

Where ya workin, John?

Back to the 63 and 36 truck team. Eldora should be fun next year :)

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

SpitztheGreat posted:

We'll be on the extreme end of the front stretch coming out of four near the top. My only concern is visibility of the cars as they come through the center of 3 and 4.

Decent seats nonetheless. Enjoy it man. Weather should be great.

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Back to the 63 and 36 truck team. Eldora should be fun next year :)

Awesome! :)

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

http://racing-reference.info/showblog?id=2327

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
Man I was so excited about the Chase field being set I didn't get to finish watching the race until last night! loving bore. Can Teresa Earnhardt bring "The Button" back except this time use it when Kenseth is on his way to bore marching through these races when nothing else interesting is happening. I guess good on him for having a super dominant car but holy boring. Good for Almirola though. That was fun, watching him and that team slowly improve their car and get it to the front. They did everything they needed to do to make the chase...except of course finishing marginally better in 2 or 3 races before Richmond. But it was still fun to watch him. I would have loved to see a Petty car make it with everybody else essentially leaving back markers and Roush on the outside looking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oooooooooooooooooooooh, the CHAAAAAAAAAAAAASE! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3742311

• Locked thread