Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phourniner
Feb 19, 2007

When you're in a town like this all covered with smoke, you forget that there's a world outside. Nothing amazing happens here. And you get used to that, used to a world where everything is ordinary. Every day we spend here is like a whole lifetime of dying slowly.

I kinda want this so loving bad. It plays Butter-fly and Brave Heart (new Tri versions).

IT PLAYS THE loving MUSIC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ZXNdMRDQg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

phourniner posted:

I kinda want this so loving bad. It plays Butter-fly and Brave Heart (new Tri versions).

IT PLAYS THE loving MUSIC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77ZXNdMRDQg

That is loving awesome, but there's no way I'd pay $70 for it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Say, any of you guys ever wanted a Figuarts Omnimon?

Well, it's your lucky day!

"Tamaashi Nations posted:

Tamashii Nations introduces and all new sculpt and paint of Omegamon (Omnimon) as he appears in Digimon Adventure: Our War Game! Fans will remember the final battle scene with Tai and Matt atop Omegamon’s shoulders. This version comes with clear Tai and Matt pieces to faithfully recreate this scene! Omegamon’s cape is made of cloth to allow for the fluid action and movability. Set also includes cape attachment pieces, Grey Sword, Garuru Cannon, and display stand.
DEC 2015
MSRP $64.99

I'm gonna need so much money this December... :negative:

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
I actually don't really give a poo poo about the digimon beyond them being important to the children... it's probably too much to hope for with a cast this large, but I really do want Figuarts of the children Mimi.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
So Bokutachi no Digital World has gotten its hands on the first round of character profiles for the first Tri movie coming out this fall. It appears to have have some soft hints that something resembling 02 happened, like Matt's band still being together and Mimi living in America during her middle school years, but the jury's still out on whether or not anything post-Our War Game is canon any more.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

nine-gear crow posted:

So Bokutachi no Digital World has gotten its hands on the first round of character profiles for the first Tri movie coming out this fall. It appears to have have some soft hints that something resembling 02 happened, like Matt's band still being together and Mimi living in America during her middle school years, but the jury's still out on whether or not anything post-Our War Game is canon any more.

hopefully they'll integrate 02 in a way that makes sense, and come up with a good reason why the 02 Tamers don't get involved in Tri's events, at least initially

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

hopefully they'll integrate 02 in a way that makes sense, and come up with a good reason why the 02 Tamers don't get involved in Tri's events, at least initially

Davis chugged a full tube of Krazy Glue on a dare, Yolei was check into a psyche ward by her parents for a crippling bout of OCD, Ken is currently awaiting trial on charges of orchestrating a massive DDoS attack on the JSDF communications network, and nobody would want to spend five minutes around Cody even if you paid them.

Ooooh, jeez, sorry guys. Looks like you can't be in the movie. Best of luck in your future endeavors though :byewhore:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

nine-gear crow posted:

Davis chugged a full tube of Krazy Glue on a dare, Yolei was check into a psyche ward by her parents for a crippling bout of OCD, Ken is currently awaiting trial on charges of orchestrating a massive DDoS attack on the JSDF communications network, and nobody would want to spend five minutes around Cody even if you paid them.

Ooooh, jeez, sorry guys. Looks like you can't be in the movie. Best of luck in your future endeavors though :byewhore:

that was way too try hard and edgy to come off as even remotely funny, sure 02 isn't a great show but it shouldn't just get tossed out all willy-nilly anyways(well besides the epilogue that is, that can go burn in hell)

Free Headcrab
Jan 3, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
What would be the most playable digimon game for someone who has never played any of them far? I vaguely remember playing digimon world 1 and 2 for a few hours each as a kid, and I'm pretty fond of the monster rancher games for ps2.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Free Headcrab posted:

What would be the most playable digimon game for someone who has never played any of them far? I vaguely remember playing digimon world 1 and 2 for a few hours each as a kid, and I'm pretty fond of the monster rancher games for ps2.

Probably one of the PS1 titles, at least until that new one comes over here(there's a couple of DS ones as well but they all suffer from one of the things that plague most Mon games that aren't Pokemon; they tend to have dreadful and boring combat systems that don't even look good on a visual level)

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

They're all pretty bad. I hear Digimon World 2 has its moments but I can't say I've ever managed to get anywhere with it. Digimon Adventure for the PSP seems alright but last I checked the translation was far from finished. Digimon World 3 and the DS games are about the grindiest loving things short of the worst Korean MMOs.

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
3 doesn't really need that much grinding, to be honest. Counter crest, 2-handed weapons and training Speed are pretty much all you need.

Well, as long as you play the NA version or don't want to unlock the post game with legendary weapons :suicide:

EDIT: Also please please don't play Digimon World 4. It's a bad action RPG with clunky controls, constantly reused assets, copy-pasted dungeons and insanely long loading times where a lot of the content are locked until New Game+ or even New Game++. It's also very blatantly balanced for multiplayer.

Music is good though.

Waterfall of Salt fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Aug 12, 2015

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Digimon World DS isn't too bad but can be a little grindy and padded out. Unfortunately the sequels Dawn and Dusk ruin the battle system where as in DS you always had at least one move that didn't cost any energy to use, Dusk and Dawn had where every attack cost energy meaning you could get to a point where you could only stand around an do nothing as the enemy beat on you.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
As a kid I loved the gently caress out of Digimon World 3. It was like Pokemon but better and I could make a team of my favorite Digimon.

Unforgiving as hell though. You make ONE wrong move, go in the wrong direction that you don't know is the wrong direction, and you're fighting enemies fifty times stronger than you out the gate.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

mateo360 posted:

Digimon World DS isn't too bad but can be a little grindy and padded out. Unfortunately the sequels Dawn and Dusk ruin the battle system where as in DS you always had at least one move that didn't cost any energy to use, Dusk and Dawn had where every attack cost energy meaning you could get to a point where you could only stand around an do nothing as the enemy beat on you.

That's just the game telling you to quit grinding for a minute and warp back to town. If you want ruined, check out Lost Evolution, which removes multihit moves and generally slashes attack power.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Digimon World 2 was an interesting game. I hated every moment of it, but I couldn't put it away. I think me renting that and Conker was what kept my local blockbuster afloat.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Free Headcrab posted:

I'm very fond of Digimon World 2, personally.

Digimon Digital Card Battle owns as well.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Free Headcrab posted:

just do this. seriously. 2 holds up. I guess the new patched version of World for the PSP is good, but nothing compares to the freedom of the monster rancher stuff.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

mikeycp posted:

I'm very fond of Digimon World 2, personally.

Digimon Digital Card Battle owns as well.

I'm not a fan of Digimon World 2, but I absolutely love Digital Card Battle and I fully recommend it. Being a card game, it's not grindy, it's actually really fun, has an acceptable story (not impressive, but it's there and it doesn't get annoying), deck building is easy, and overall it's just a great game. Definitely my favourite Digimon game ever.

On the PS1, Digimon Rumble Arena is a pretty cool fighting game too. Kind of limited character selection, but it's well balanced around the three then-existing Digimon series (much unlike Rumble Arena 2, which appealed to Adventure fans and no one else...which Digimon, sadly, does a lot), and it was a better game in general than its not-really-sequel.

Apart from those I can't honestly recommend any Digimon game though. All the RPGs are grindy and repetitive.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I'm very fond of world 2. Less fond when my memory card died right after finally getting War Greymon. Not a fan of the grind (but it was much better than the DS games grind)

Cybersleuth is drat good, get that when it comes out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea it looks like Cyberslueth is the best Digimon game out there, but if you must play one beforehand go with World 2. The grind sucks and it's got some bad flaws but you can enjoy it despite them.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.mx/2015/08/animedia-september-issue.html
So someone translated some recent magazine stuff, just general description of the chosen children, but interestingly enough Mimi is actually still in America. I'm guessing she probably comes back to japan early in the first movie, but still a really interesting choice.

Also Yamato is still in his band, just extra confirming that 02 did happen for whoever was saying it didn't.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://gematsu.com/2015/08/first-english-ps4-footage-digimon-story-cyber-sleuth-tales-zestiria-more

First english footage of Digimon Sleuth for PS4. It looks so good.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

http://bokutachinodigitalworld.blogspot.mx/2015/08/animedia-september-issue.html
So someone translated some recent magazine stuff, just general description of the chosen children, but interestingly enough Mimi is actually still in America. I'm guessing she probably comes back to japan early in the first movie, but still a really interesting choice.

Also Yamato is still in his band, just extra confirming that 02 did happen for whoever was saying it didn't.

Actually thinking about it, didn't one of the fights in the trailers take place at an airport?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
I've been rewatching the Digimon Adventure dub and I can totally handle the old man jokes around every corner. The only issue is that dub Gatomon is absolutely insufferable. Every other line out of her mouth is something about how she's a cat and enjoys yarn and has nine lives and it's just really obnoxious. Tentomon isn't making a bunch of bug references so what's the deal with Gatomon?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I've been rewatching the Digimon Adventure dub and I can totally handle the old man jokes around every corner. The only issue is that dub Gatomon is absolutely insufferable. Every other line out of her mouth is something about how she's a cat and enjoys yarn and has nine lives and it's just really obnoxious. Tentomon isn't making a bunch of bug references so what's the deal with Gatomon?

After she joins the group? Because before that I just remember her being generally mildly sinister evil type.

After, an attempt to give her a personality that isn't defined by the fact that she spent literal decades getting beaten and tortured by a gently caress off vampire king. So, you know. Kitty cat kitty cat meow meow meow.

I don't know if it'd be better or worse if Angewomon carried her cat punning traits.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

There's new character sheets and little blurbs out, and Takeru's mentions 'He starts a blog that hints at his future of becoming a writer." Also Sora's being all "The girl who loved sports changes little by little to interests more becoming of a woman" which, lol :japan:, but also I guess is trying to explain her sudden career goal of fashion designer.

Nonononono I want to purge 02 from my memory :sigh:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Milli posted:

There's new character sheets and little blurbs out, and Takeru's mentions 'He starts a blog that hints at his future of becoming a writer." Also Sora's being all "The girl who loved sports changes little by little to interests more becoming of a woman" which, lol :japan:, but also I guess is trying to explain her sudden career goal of fashion designer.

Nonononono I want to purge 02 from my memory :sigh:

Still seems like they're walking the tight rope between wink wink nudge nudge remember this references and outright saying 02 actually happened.

Maybe we're looking at two different timelines here: one that goes Adventure-->02-->That drat Epilogue, and another that goes Adventure-->five years of fuzzy 02-shaped static-->Tri :shrug:

That way both possibilities are equally valid so as not to run the risk of pissing off the six people who still like 02 maybe. Like how Star Trek 2009 bent over backwards to let people know that the TOS/TNG universe hadn't been post-facto overwritten by it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Or, yknow, all these 02 references mean 02 happened. I hate that show as much as the next guy but half the promo stuff confirms this happens after 02 and uses elements from the show, one of the first things said was that Tri's premise lies in a line of the epilogue.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Or, yknow, all these 02 references mean 02 happened. I hate that show as much as the next guy but half the promo stuff confirms this happens after 02 and uses elements from the show, one of the first things said was that Tri's premise lies in a line of the epilogue.

Yeah but the first trailer thing we got involved weird "This future should not be" dialogue.

SO we might be literally getting divergent time line nonsense.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Burkion posted:

Yeah but the first trailer thing we got involved weird "This future should not be" dialogue.

SO we might be literally getting divergent time line nonsense.

Or not. My interpretation of it (based on nothing, though) is that the worlds were meant to remain separate. Thus, we're in a "future that shouldn't be", where humans and Digimon live together. This is after 02's last episode (but before the epilogue), so there's several children who have Digimon partners, to the point where "Chosen Child" might mean nothing anymore.

Plus we've known from the get-go that this series is meant to show how we reached the epilogue, and the problems that getting there would bring as humanity and Digimon grow closer. I'm expecting some early Savers-like shenanigans, with evil people getting and using Digimon.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Some new Digimon Adventure Tri info, people. Confirms that this is happening after 02, for those who still vehemently believed it to retcon it out of existance despite the proof otherwise.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

Blaze Dragon posted:

Some new Digimon Adventure Tri info, people. Confirms that this is happening after 02, for those who still vehemently believed it to retcon it out of existance despite the proof otherwise.

quote:

Q&A by Producer Sakurai
Everyone is planning a party! Who would play what part?
Yagami Taichi: Naturally he’ll be the one who brings everyone together. But while I say that, he may only be taking the initiative so that he can keep eating sweets?!
Ishida Yamato: He’ll be in charge of the live background music with his newly practiced guitar. In the middle, Mimi will join in with the addition of singing and the entertainment heats up!
Izumi Koushiro: He’ll look up the recipes of the food that Mimi says she’ll make! He’ll be everyone’s assistant, and he’ll even buy all of the candy beforehand!
Kido Jou: He’ll help out in the kitchen. But at one point unnoticed, Jou will end up in charge of washing all the dishes and cleaning up…
Takaishi Takeru: He’ll support Yamato with his performance and be the DJ who casually chooses the party music.
Tachikawa Mimi: She’ll vigorously begin to cook, saying “I’ll do it!” but it’s possible that she’ll grow tired of it midway?!
Takenouchi Sora: She would take up the cooking that Mimi got tired of halfway and end up in charge of the kitchen. The cute way that she arranges the food on the plates will be highly praised by everyone!
Yagami Hikari: She’ll be in charge of the photos and take tons of pictures with her hobby camera! She would steal sweets along with Taichi and eat them.

Since it’s almost Halloween, what kind of sweet would each person be?
Yagami Taichi: An old-fashioned donut fried to a dark brown color.
Ishida Yamato: I guess this idea is influenced by his French grandfather? Creme brulee.
Izumi Koushiro: Going along the same lines as oolong tea… Chinese food, dim sum, sesame seed dumplings!
Kido Jou: Made laboriously faithfully… homemade baumkuchen.
Takaishi Takeru: Bright colorful macarons in cute wrappings.
Tachikawa Mimi: Colorful but poisonous-looking?! jellybeans.
Takenouchi Sora: Quick to make in the morning, sweet french toast.
Yagami Hikari: Pound cake filled with cream (but low on the sweetness).

:swoon: :allears:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
I didn't with 02, but from what I remember it's most controversial thing was a time skip future that gave put weird put of character futures and sunk fanships with the canon-cannons. They can still rewrite that poo poo and the rest of the show happens, right? It was just a largely unnecessary "let's wrap this up!" idea that ought to have been left ambiguous.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Craptacular! posted:

I didn't with 02, but from what I remember it's most controversial thing was a time skip future that gave put weird put of character futures and sunk fanships with the canon-cannons. They can still rewrite that poo poo and the rest of the show happens, right? It was just a largely unnecessary "let's wrap this up!" idea that ought to have been left ambiguous.

That wasn't the main reason, it was just the icing on the plot hole-filled train wreck of a cake

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Craptacular! posted:

They can't. It was stated from the get-go that Adventure Tri's meant to show us how they got to said epilogue, and what problems that brought.

Literally nothing is going to get retconned. Everything from the two series, and that includes 02, is still canon.

Also the epilogue, while terrible, wasn't the only issue. It followed from an incredibly bad last fight where they won by shouting dreams at the big bad. It was super lame. Then again, Adventure had a terrible finale too, and I'm expecting Tri to not break that tradition.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Adventure ended with all the final forms of the digimon attacking at the same time, how is that awesome??

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Since the series is definitely going to lead to the 02 epilogue then, I imagine much of the character development - especially given the talk of the teen transitioning to adulthood - will be focused on making sense of the timeskip and its seemingly random choices for people's careers. Ie, why in the world Matt went from a singing career to astronaut. At the very least, they definitely seem to be thinking on Tai's development towards being the sort of peacemaker between digimon and humans - ie, his growing objectivity making him realise the need for a more stable long term, instead of just blowing up villains when they appear.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Astro Nut posted:

Since the series is definitely going to lead to the 02 epilogue then, I imagine much of the character development - especially given the talk of the teen transitioning to adulthood - will be focused on making sense of the timeskip and its seemingly random choices for people's careers. Ie, why in the world Matt went from a singing career to astronaut. At the very least, they definitely seem to be thinking on Tai's development towards being the sort of peacemaker between digimon and humans - ie, his growing objectivity making him realise the need for a more stable long term, instead of just blowing up villains when they appear.

I love the epilogue because "the person you will be in the future is not determined by what you were like or what you wanted as a teeenager" is a good and true message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Red Bones posted:

I love the epilogue because "the person you will be in the future is not determined by what you were like or what you wanted as a teeenager" is a good and true message.

ASTRONAUT