Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

i'd be much more likely to vote ernie than lumpen or rarity today tbqh

Despite my growing concern about Lumpen, I completely agree with this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kashuno posted:

This is your first content post of the game. Of the list of people you mention, you only call one of them scum. Despite this, you don't vote for the one scum read you have.

##vote apostateCourier

I will agree that it was my first content post. I will disagree on your charge of not voting on the grounds that this was me getting some words in on current topics of conversation, plus a thing about Foo. I still have more people to read.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Lumpen posted:

LumpenList™ Day 1 Page 10

Battle fodder.

You're still trying to put yourself in charge of everyone, even though you've got the most votes for yourself. You were being suspicious and acting like scum from the start, and now you're failing to change your behaviour or do anything to redeem yourself. TMMadman raised a good point about how your list has people on it in different rankings, depending on whether they do what you want or not. The only way you could be so sure about all this is if you're Scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

This is your first content post of the game. Of the list of people you mention, you only call one of them scum. Despite this, you don't vote for the one scum read you have.

##vote apostateCourier

this seems needlessly aggro --

apostateCourier posted:

I will agree that it was my first content post. I will disagree on your charge of not voting on the grounds that this was me getting some words in on current topics of conversation, plus a thing about Foo. I still have more people to read.

i buy this as of now

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

apostateCourier posted:

Fair. I hope you come back with more before deadline.##unvote

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

imgay posted:

I feel I am unable to answer any of your questions because I have recently learned I am unqualified to think if you are scum or not.

This post strikes me as weirdly huffy. Gut's telling me that voting for imgay would lead to good things.

Chamale posted:

Battle fodder.

You're still trying to put yourself in charge of everyone, even though you've got the most votes for yourself. You were being suspicious and acting like scum from the start, and now you're failing to change your behaviour or do anything to redeem yourself. TMMadman raised a good point about how your list has people on it in different rankings, depending on whether they do what you want or not. The only way you could be so sure about all this is if you're Scum.

Him not changing his behavior isn't scummy in and of itself, given that his behavior is creating activity in the thread.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

LowellDND posted:

Still seeing a lot of spread out 1 and 2 votes. What say some of them move over to the 'Kill Lumpen' plan, so we can get someone knocked off on D1.
Hold up newb. Did you read this post? Respond to it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chamale posted:

Battle fodder.

You're still trying to put yourself in charge of everyone, even though you've got the most votes for yourself.

this "even though" doesn't follow, they are two facts but not exactly related

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

I don't understand the point of this and it's a really weird deflection.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kashuno posted:

I don't ever post anything insincere, Someone Awful.

My role is the most town aligned role possible in Mafia so if we could move on to other things that'd be cool and neat.

Kashuno posted:

If there's one thing that I don't do in mafia, it's feel self-conscious about my votes. I can acknowledge when they suck or are low content, but that doesn't mean I feel bad about it.

Kashuno posted:

Although that probably makes me look scummy as hell.

Soooo yeah about that whole not being self-conscious thing, you certainly talk a lot about yourself.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

apostateCourier posted:

Soooo yeah about that whole not being self-conscious thing, you certainly talk a lot about yourself.

also as if I respond when I'm a subject of discussion.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
mafia edit: woops, talked about myself in relation to your post. you caught me.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Chamale posted:

Battle fodder.

Hi Chamale, it's good that you're around. Let's talk, you and me.

Okay, explain specifically (you can quote my posts) what you are referring to when you say I was "being suspicious and acting like scum from the start". How do Scum act? Why do you think so? How would changing my behavior "redeem" me if I were Scum?

Yes, ranking people on the List is the point. Which specific rankings do you have a problem with, and why? What are your reads of those people. What, specifically, do you think I am "so sure" about?

Chamale, earlier you declared that Ernie was Scum. Will you vote him with me now, or did your opinion change?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

I don't understand the point of this and it's a really weird deflection.
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that his vote on me was based on not knowing what Unconfirmed Mason means and misunderstanding the joke behind my jokephase. That's what he was saying his vote was based on, in the post I was responding to.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

Hi Chamale, it's good that you're around. Let's talk, you and me.

this is some bizarre phrasing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

lumpen is dadding hard and it's really fuckin' annoying

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

this is some bizarre phrasing
How so? What does it imply?
(Shhh... I am baiting him to engage so I can determine his alignment. He has been lurking and seems likely to slink off again.)

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Kashuno posted:

also as if I respond when I'm a subject of discussion.

Kashuno posted:

mafia edit: woops, talked about myself in relation to your post. you caught me.

The way one responds to people is basically what this game is all about, yeah? So, your response to other people talking about you is basically "nope I'm not like that, you can trust me" and I have to judge from there.

I also don't like your softclaim that came out of nowhere. That adds a "look I'm important" bit to your current portrayal of yourself. It feels really disingenuous. ##vote Kashuno

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

lumpen is dadding hard and it's really fuckin' annoying
Hi, I'm Lumpen, have we met?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

I'm taking care of family this week so I'm stuck on the slowest wifi. When I get home I'll be sure to psychoanalize the poo poo out of everyone.

TMM got my vote for seeming over reactive with imgay. It takes ages to load every page so I'm too impatient to search for a better vote. :mediocre:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Hi, I'm Lumpen, have we met?

You weren't like this in the one other game we've palyed together.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

apostateCourier posted:

The way one responds to people is basically what this game is all about, yeah? So, your response to other people talking about you is basically "nope I'm not like that, you can trust me" and I have to judge from there.

I also don't like your softclaim that came out of nowhere. That adds a "look I'm important" bit to your current portrayal of yourself. It feels really disingenuous. ##vote Kashuno

I can assure you I'm probably one of the least important players in this game, and that my softclaim was a joke which I realize is forbidden since we left jokephase but here we are.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Colonel Corazon posted:

I should also say that I'm out of town taking care of family right now so once I get home I'll be able to chime in more.

Colonel Corazon posted:

Lumpen posted:

When can we expect more from you?...
I'm taking care of family this week so I'm stuck on the slowest wifi. When I get home I'll be sure to psychoanalize the poo poo out of everyone.

TMM got my vote for seeming over reactive with imgay. It takes ages to load every page so I'm too impatient to search for a better vote. :mediocre:
2nd time asking, WHEN are you going to deliver on this?

Classic Scum behavior.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

You weren't like this in the one other game we've palyed together.
I was Scum in that game. I'm not going to tell you my personal Scumtells, but yes, you are right.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Lumpen posted:

Was thinking it over. You've convinced me.

##unvote

##vote Kashuno

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

apostateCourier posted:

TMM is spending a lot of effort on saying, "I'm not that scummy, no really, stop picking on me" which is making me think he's scum.

I could care less about looking scummy. In fact swimming in the 'too scummy to be scum' waters is generally where I like to be. What I'm actually doing is getting people to state their opinions on me and challenging those opinions.

Look at the interaction I have with imgay. I am trying to get him to clarify his position because he stated that I would do X as scum when he can't actually know what I'd do if I was scum. It's a baseless argument and has no merit. Then he goes even further by saying I'm hedging when he drops his vote on me. However, I feel that I've been clear and consistent on who I think has been acting suspiciously.

As for Lumpen, his list is inconsistent. He has Rarity ranked at #2 and me at #5. But he has the two people voting for me at #6 and #7 (#6 is Colonel with no content and an essentially empty vote), but he has the other lurker (awesome something?) ranked at #11 despite having no content and an empty vote. The only difference is that the #11 guy is voting for Lumpens #2 suspect. The two lurkers should not be that far apart based on their current content and Lumpens rankings.

Therefore, Lumpens list is complete garbage.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LowellDND posted:

Was thinking it over. You've convinced me.

##unvote

##vote Kashuno

I would take a good look at what convinced you to vote me when I flip VT

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

TMMadman posted:

Therefore, Lumpens list is complete garbage.
Don't tell me how to make a List if you don't have the balls to make one yourself. Go through the process yourself and you may see with new eyes. You are acting like Scum. There is no such thing as "too scummy to be scum". If you're Town, act like it by contributing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

If you're claiming, fullclaim.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Kashuno posted:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lumpen is so far removed from his scum play that even though I find him to be really obnoxious with much mafia dadding is going on, I can't vote him d1

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

Scummy post.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
That is not a fullclaim. Look at your PM and fullclaim (do not copy-and-paste, though, of course).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Corazon posted:

I'd be willing to lynch this guy to avoid a possible scum lurker situation. I realize it's frowned upon to lynch new players, but this post bothers the hell out of me and the admittance he will be really light on content this week is not cool with me.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Lumpen posted:

2nd time asking, WHEN are you going to deliver on this?

Classic Scum behavior.

Probably Weds evening. We're getting home care set up so I'm not going to be needed afterwards. If I was going to be staying any longer I'd tap out and let a sub take my place but I've got things worked out pretty well now.

It sounds scummy but it's what I've got going on.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

My role is the most town aligned role possible in Mafia so if we could move on to other things that'd be cool and neat.

Kashuno posted:

I can assure you I'm probably one of the least important players in this game, and that my softclaim was a joke which I realize is forbidden since we left jokephase but here we are.

Kashuno posted:

Kashuno's posts about his claim. Clarify.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Colonel Corazon posted:

Probably Weds evening. We're getting home care set up so I'm not going to be needed afterwards. If I was going to be staying any longer I'd tap out and let a sub take my place but I've got things worked out pretty well now.

It sounds scummy but it's what I've got going on.
Expect to be held to this promise.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

That is not a fullclaim. Look at your PM and fullclaim (do not copy-and-paste, though, of course).

Nah.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Ok.
##Vote Kashuno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

Lumpen why do you keep pushing flavor so hard, out of curiosity?

I'm here, rereading (again), I should be around for deadline. I will sort out my feelings and then do that thing where I vote on a person

• Locked thread