Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Kashuno's posts about his claim. Clarify.

I am a Vanilla Town Player, the towniest of town roles. I have no power beyond my glorious right to vote. I win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Does that clarify things for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Lumpen posted:

Expect to be held to this promise.

Girl scout's honor. :allears:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

I am a Vanilla Town Player, the towniest of town roles. I have no power beyond my glorious right to vote. I win when all threats to the town have been eliminated. Does that clarify things for you?
Not really. Why are you being so weird and recalcitrant about this? It's annoying.
But upon a re-read you're still not likely Scum.
##Vote Ernie

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Lynch Ernie on his birthday.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

Not really. Why are you being so weird and recalcitrant about this? It's annoying.
But upon a re-read you're still not likely Scum.
##Vote Ernie

I haven't seen the movie so flavor is completely lost on me :shrug:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TMMadman posted:

Scummy post.

lmfao @ this

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

fix this immediately

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

Hi, I'm Lumpen, have we met?

i do not believe i've ever played in a game with you

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Flavor is totally irrelevant to alignment and nobody would make any argument based on it, and such an argument would never be taken seriously by anybody. Scum are probably given totally safe flavor fakeclaims anyway.

So why make so many excuses and be so shady about it? Why make a "joke" softclaim about your role, then walk it back and softclaim again, then blurt out a VT claim under pressure, then get all secretive about saying more, and then make more excuses about your shadiness? You're going to get yourself lynched.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

How so? What does it imply?
(Shhh... I am baiting him to engage so I can determine his alignment. He has been lurking and seems likely to slink off again.)

it implies that the only things he should talk about are the things you're asking about

which is horsecock of the first degree

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Captain Foo posted:

fix this immediately

I'll try. When it first came out I had just moved to a new state with no job so my life was too hectic to see it. maybe this weekend.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

Flavor doesn't matter but being self-conscious and cagey and making lovely excuses does matter. :colbert:

If you were another of the wives, yeah, I would've "insulted SSV's" game design and assumed you were almost certainly Town.

But as is, you Scumclaimed in the MasonDoc, made a really terrible vote on f_v, and now you're jumping on HiipFire but have said nothing substantial about Rarity. So I am suspicious of you.

What's your take on Rarity? What's your read on me?

why would you have taken a flavor claim seriously here, lumpen

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

it implies that the only things he should talk about are the things you're asking about

which is horsecock of the first degree
I wanted him to answer those questions but I don't think I implied he shouldn't do a lot more than that (after answering me).

Not that it matters because he's lurked off into his newbiescum hideyhole again.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Lumpen posted:

Flavor is totally irrelevant to alignment and nobody would make any argument based on it, and such an argument would never be taken seriously by anybody. Scum are probably given totally safe flavor fakeclaims anyway.

So why make so many excuses and be so shady about it? Why make a "joke" softclaim about your role, then walk it back and softclaim again, then blurt out a VT claim under pressure, then get all secretive about saying more, and then make more excuses about your shadiness? You're going to get yourself lynched.

Mine is relevant to my role though so I imagine I'm not the only one.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

This post contains a ton of terrible assumptions. And even if he gets himself lynched, it sill provides town with information.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Lumpen posted:

:siren:I made a joke:siren: god drat I will never be anything but 100% serious in all mafia games going forward. I'm not even being secretive about anything. If flavor is totally irrelevant than why would me mentioning it at all be useful information? It's just pointless fluff to be like whoa cool I'm the Dag guys! I am a wife of some dude (I'm not going into my PM to look up his name right now) and it's kickin rad aren't you glad you have this info about me now it will help your judgement so much more than me just saying my actual role.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
All that aside, if I do get myself lynched maybe it'll convince people to look at the bandwagon votes on me and search for scum amongst them.

Kinda like Opop who throws a vote on me over a silly post I made and has still provided no real content this entire day.

##vote opop

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

For real though what do you want me to do? I'm waking up now.

Opopanax posted:

Like, besides me calling Kashuno scum and voting Lumpen earlier, you mean?

This is the most meaningful content Opop has added all game, when Ernie asked him to give an opinion on things.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

why would you have taken a flavor claim seriously here, lumpen
Because I'm such a stupid idiot, everyone knows flavor is meaningless, right? I'm being sarcastic, people hate it but flavor is just another factor to take into evidence just like anything else. It can be lied about just like any other part of the PM, and it can fit into setup patterns just like Roles. I am not making an attempt to distract or build any case on flavor. I am examining behavior and player choices around Mod-supplied evidence, while fully keeping in mind the large degree of WIFOM that goes along with any flavor data.

My PM implied that Ernie could claim Angharad or Nux to me. I was curious what he'd say. Because we're Unconfirmed Masons, I need to explore the possibility of a Scum Mason, because otherwise the role is pretty pointless. Ernie acted weird and avoidant about it which made me more suspicious. He Scumclaimed in the MasonDoc. He has made two very bad votes and spewed some very bad logic to support them. He hasn't seemed curious about the Unconfirmedness of our Masonry. I'd expect he would be just as suspicious about it as I am.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

I'm the Dag guys! I am a wife of some dude (I'm not going into my PM to look up his name right now) and it's kickin rad aren't you glad you have this info about me now it will help your judgement so much more than me just saying my actual role.
See, was that so hard?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

All that aside, if I do get myself lynched maybe it'll convince people to look at the bandwagon votes on me and search for scum amongst them.

Kinda like Opop who throws a vote on me over a silly post I made and has still provided no real content this entire day.

##vote opop

Hey at least I'm not a bandwagon vote! :v:

I suppose it's possible you're not scum. And you do have a good point about opop. I have enough doubt about you now to at least ##unvote

I think imgay is a good vote as he currently falls under Madman's Law. Would vote Opop to avoid no lynch. I don't like Lumpens recent posting and would vote him to avoid a no lynch but it would leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Right now I'll ##vote ernie because I didn't like his response full of exclamation points when I quoted him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I know we still have a few hours to deadline but with how many games I've been in lately that have had d1 no lynch, I'm getting nervous :ohdear:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

Because I'm such a stupid idiot, everyone knows flavor is meaningless, right? I'm being sarcastic, people hate it but flavor is just another factor to take into evidence just like anything else. It can be lied about just like any other part of the PM, and it can fit into setup patterns just like Roles. I am not making an attempt to distract or build any case on flavor. I am examining behavior and player choices around Mod-supplied evidence, while fully keeping in mind the large degree of WIFOM that goes along with any flavor data.

My PM implied that Ernie could claim Angharad or Nux to me. I was curious what he'd say. Because we're Unconfirmed Masons, I need to explore the possibility of a Scum Mason, because otherwise the role is pretty pointless. Ernie acted weird and avoidant about it which made me more suspicious. He Scumclaimed in the MasonDoc. He has made two very bad votes and spewed some very bad logic to support them. He hasn't seemed curious about the Unconfirmedness of our Masonry. I'd expect he would be just as suspicious about it as I am.

i was just pointing out the contradiction in your posts :smugmrgw:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Foo posted:

A lot of his posts lately have had contradictions in them.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

You got me. I do care about flavor and think that people who disregard flavor are dumb for refusing to consider all evidence. I confess to being a flavorite.

However, my case on Ernie does not depend on a flavor argument, and should not be mischaracterized or dismissed on that false basis.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Lumpen posted:

Awful Index™ Day 1 Page 13
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

to make Lumpen happy I am going to take his LumpenList™ and call it an Awful Index

Really my biggest problem is that there are a lot of people who are posting one or two line posts and I can't glean poo poo from them, but I'm pretty sure that's d1 in a nutshell so I'm not stressing too hard about it

Kashuno is someone I've felt weird about all day (see my previous posts) and his defense of himself hasn't changed my opinion any, if anything going from his (joking) softclaim to claiming vanilla has just made me furrow my brow even harder.

Lumpen I've elaborated about and won't repeat, but there's no way in my mind both him and Kashuno are scum together so I'm trying to rethink him.

I am suspicious of Chamale but they havent posted enough for me to get a solid reading on, but I don't like what they've said, especially their most recent post. I don't see how Lumpen failing to change his flavor makes him read more scummy; if anything, as a scum team member with a lot of heat I would absolutely expect him to do so. That he hasn't is part of why I'm questioning my read on him.

I do not find Rarity scummy as yet and I have no read on Ernie. I feel TMMadman's scum hunting has been sincere and would not vote him right now.

I can elaborate further if anyone wants, it's good for me too since it makes me think harder about this poo poo. d1 is hard you guys :ohdear:

##vote kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How do you feel about opop, Someone Awful?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Someone Awful! posted:

to make Lumpen happy I am going to take his LumpenList™ and call it an Awful Index

Really my biggest problem is that there are a lot of people who are posting one or two line posts and I can't glean poo poo from them, but I'm pretty sure that's d1 in a nutshell so I'm not stressing too hard about it

Kashuno is someone I've felt weird about all day (see my previous posts) and his defense of himself hasn't changed my opinion any, if anything going from his (joking) softclaim to claiming vanilla has just made me furrow my brow even harder.

Lumpen I've elaborated about and won't repeat, but there's no way in my mind both him and Kashuno are scum together so I'm trying to rethink him.

I am suspicious of Chamale but they havent posted enough for me to get a solid reading on, but I don't like what they've said, especially their most recent post. I don't see how Lumpen failing to change his flavor makes him read more scummy; if anything, as a scum team member with a lot of heat I would absolutely expect him to do so. That he hasn't is part of why I'm questioning my read on him.

I do not find Rarity scummy as yet and I have no read on Ernie. I feel TMMadman's scum hunting has been sincere and would not vote him right now.

I can elaborate further if anyone wants, it's good for me too since it makes me think harder about this poo poo. d1 is hard you guys :ohdear:

##vote kashuno

1) why bother making lumpen happy
2) i find it odd you have a neutral read on ernie, he seems rather polarizing to the thread so far

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
While I don't agree with the conclusion and vote on Kashuno, that is a good post by Someone Awful.

Kash might be scum and I'd vote to avoid the no lynch, I think there are better options today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Please lynch opop in memory of me tomorrow

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Someone Awful! posted:

You have done a good thing. I appreciate your effort.

I think your vote is probavly wrong, but I think you've done a good job laying out yoir opinions and your train of thought.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Kashuno posted:

How do you feel about opop, Someone Awful?

Captain Foo posted:

1) why bother making lumpen happy
2) i find it odd you have a neutral read on ernie, he seems rather polarizing to the thread so far

I'm a people pleaser :shobon: And it was as good a framework to get my thoughts in order as any, so

I don't have a neutral read on Ernie, I have absolutely no read on him. I don't know if he's Scum. I don't know if he's Town. His post at TMMadman with all the exclamation points was bizarre. I'd be more likely to call him Scum than Town but I seriously have no idea what the hell to make of his post history.

Opop's posts have all been one line long and his vote on Kashuno is unsubstantiated. I'm frowning at him.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I still think everyone should switch to opop and lynch a scum rather than lynch me and hit a VT

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Kashuno posted:

Please lynch opop in memory of me tomorrow
Based on this case?

Kashuno posted:

##vote opop
I think Opop is Scummy too, but your single OMGUS vote based on no effort is not looking super viable. Go back and read Ernie and tell me your read.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

"on" or "by"?
Also, like a newbie would do?

His lurking and his post excusing himself from discussion are the Scummiest things about him, his vote post looked Newbie Town to me.

Why do you think he claimed flavour?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
how is it an omgus when he voted for me a long time ago and I've voted for other people in the interim? Opop is not posting content, and when asked to give opinions on things he shirked it off by just repeating his two weak statements from before. The dude is scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

If you have fewer posts than the Mod, get posting.

pre:
Lumpen	        70
Kashuno	        42
Captain Foo	39
Rarity	        35
TMMadman	30
HiipFire	28
fiery_valkyrie	28
Ernie.	        27
imgay	        23
Opopanax	16
Someone Awful!	13

****MOD LINE**** SirSamVimes	12

LowellDND	12
apostateCourier	12
Chamale	        8
Colonel Corazon	6
Acebuckeye13	5

Oh my God quit it with this shut and start playing mafia, it's annoying as gently caress

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I gotta say even though I have my doubts about Kash right now, I'm not liking his martyr posts.

If you really are vanilla town then you shouldn't be all that bothered by being lynched first because you aren't depriving town of a power role and the cases and votes made against you can be analyzed to try and find scum. Obviously that doesn't mean you can't argue against your own lynch, but the martyr complex in them sounds completely insincere.

Lynching vanilla town is the best option on D1 unless someone makes a truly bad scum slip or obviously scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'd rather lynch scum than me get lynched. If I have to get lynched first, fine, but I'd much rather town does something to actively advance their win-con

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ernie. posted:

this logic is so bad it must come from a town mind :X

I don't get this at all, TM's logic looks sound to me

• Locked thread