Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Kabanaw posted:

The site used to generate RB2 export keys is down, so that's not possible anymore.

oh okay, nevermind. sounds like either way it'd be a huge waste of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Kabanaw posted:

The site used to generate RB2 export keys is down, so that's not possible anymore.

Supposedly, EA's customer support can get you a working key if you contact them directly, but there's no guarantee that they aren't out of RB2 export codes by now.

Geographica
Jun 1, 2010
I'm surprised at how Americo-centric RB4's setlist is. Songs like the ones from .38 Special, Brad Paisley, the Outfield, Rick Derringer, Live, Scandal etc don't have much international reach, and equal ~zero sales across the pond.

I appreciate that the US is their biggest market, but usually HMX throw Europe a bone - like the RB1 European songs, or a token Rammstein gesture.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Geographica posted:

I'm surprised at how Americo-centric RB4's setlist is. Songs like the ones from .38 Special, Brad Paisley, the Outfield, Rick Derringer, Live, Scandal etc don't have much international reach, and equal ~zero sales across the pond.

I appreciate that the US is their biggest market, but usually HMX throw Europe a bone - like the RB1 European songs, or a token Rammstein gesture.

That poo poo-assed Cool for Cats song was on one of the discs one time. What more do you want?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Geographica posted:

The Outfield is English

Beelzebozo posted:

That poo poo-assed Cool for Cats song was on one of the discs one time. What more do you want?
That song rules

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Outfield is English

That song rules

Up to six guitar strums a minute! Over two vocal notes!

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Beelzebozo posted:

Get out and never return.

Geographica
Jun 1, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

The Outfield is English

English, but not successful in England - not one chart hit here.

I guess there's Arctic Monkeys. And Jeff Allen is the name of a reasonably well-known British session musician, so maybe for some reason that's him.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Get out and never return.

agreed..

Also if you care GH confirmed the songs in the A7X pre-order thing

Shepherd of Fire
Buried Alive
Nightmare

Live from Download Festival 2014

El Destructo
Jul 28, 2004

The football is in my path.
In 12 seconds' time she pulls
it away. I'm already lying there, 12 seconds into the future.

MC T. Wrecks recorded our Road Crew video during last night's RBxGK. Chasin' that sweet pre-release bundle...seems like an easy score, since they're giving away 200 of them.

Anyway, you may see our goony faces singing Hellion/Electric Eye in an HMX promo soon.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Golden Bee posted:

Up to six guitar strums a minute! Over two vocal notes!

Pablo Gigante posted:

That song rules

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Well geez, I don't know about you West Coast people, but I remember when playing Rock Band for public ridicule was about the music, not the money or the fame.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I cannot find a single thing about Dark Wheels, especially the song they chose for Rock band, on the internet. What the gently caress

Also Cool for Cats loving rules

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Johnny Blazes sounds like the name of a rockabilly revival group, which puts their odds of sucking at 50-50.

Geographica posted:

Bring Back Rock Band Japan

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Babe Magnet posted:

I cannot find a single thing about Dark Wheels, especially the song they chose for Rock band, on the internet. What the gently caress

Sounds like a great way to drum up excitement for the game. It's so mysterious, what could it be? Buy it and find out!

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Maybe it's a House band like Freezepop and Honest Bob's?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

toymach1ne fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Sep 15, 2015

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
I'm confused. I thought GHTV was going to be the 24 hour channel thing with hundreds and hundreds of songs? Why are we having a list with 52 songs only?

Also, enlighten me, what's the deal with Gold on the Ceiling? It has no guitar?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

TrojanNemo posted:

I'm confused. I thought GHTV was going to be the 24 hour channel thing with hundreds and hundreds of songs? Why are we having a list with 52 songs only?

Also, enlighten me, what's the deal with Gold on the Ceiling? It has no guitar?

Those are 52 songs we didn't know about
here's the stuff we do know about - http://theherofeed.com/guitar-hero-live-tracklist/
It was already on the Live portion of the game so it being on that list is confusing me

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
The only good parts of that setlist are songs that I can play in RB today. :barf: :barf:

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Wow, there's two bands in the latest setlist reveal that don't even exist according to Youtube. :psyduck:

Added everything to my youtube playlist, and re-added the Scorpions song that was taken down.

Dr. Citan Uzuki
Jan 26, 2006

I would never tell you anything that wasn't absolutely true that hadn't come right from His mouth and He wants me to tell you
So how big of a flop does RB4 have to be before C3 starts making customs again?

farottone
Oct 18, 2013

C3 Author
The reason why we started C3 was to tie over Rock Band 3 players to the new iteration whenever that would have come and to keep more people in the franchise. We know for a fact we did do that, we know people have bought more DLC because of the work we did and we know we contributed to RB4 so we are all very much pulling for Harmonix and for Rock Band 4 to be as successful as possible. We love the game and we love what we do, we know that the way we have entirely reshaped the customs world "homemade" material is not a detriment to Harmonix production, so we are happy to have built a strong community. And we also couldn't be more happy if RB4 turned a huge profit for Harmonix and became a very big hit.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Sometimes I almost feel guilty that I've been "spoiled by customs," since I'm way less enthusiastic about RB4 than I would be otherwise. But than I realized it's more to do with my lack of a current gen system. Like, I'd obviously be buying RB4 if I had an Xbox One. It wouldn't even be a question.

If anything, customs just soften the blow of not having RB4 available to me (as it just makes no sense for me to buy a new system any time soon). So that's cool. :)

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Hey, everybody, before the release of both new games takes over, I just wanted to share that on November 7th some friends and I are taking part in Extra Life 2015, playing/streaming video games for 24 hours to raise money for Children's Miracle Network hospitals. Part of our marathon will be a 4-hour Rock Band 3 session from 8pm-midnight, and we're taking song requests for donations. You can check out the details here:

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/octopaganini

(I know Nov 7th is a long way away, so I'll post again the day of the stream with a link to watch, but I won't annoyingly spam the thread beyond this one post.)

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Customs not being able to go online was its own built-in failsafe at protecting value, too, until it turned out that going to RB4 means little to no apparent online functionality anyway.

"Lose my existing scores and not be able to play online in a band for 60+ songs I only feel strongly about a third of" or "Keep everything, play online sometimes with most of it, and have over 500 additional songs in one place plus the 100 or so RBN and all of RB3 that may or may not ever go forward" is really a tough proposition to side with a new game for in its current state.

I mean... you don't think people who got into customs were taken as a sign to factor online band multiplayer out, do you?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm probably gonna end up getting RB4 eventually. Just not until 2016. If my car would stop breaking down on me, that would also help. :argh:

Also, I'm curious why HMX hasn't dipped into their DLC or previous games for songs they could put on the RB4 disc? I mean, the obvious answer is because they want people to buy the DLC/games, but it wouldn't hurt sales at all if, say, More Than A Feeling or Under Pressure was on the disc. Cause it's pretty hard to deny that the full setlist for the game is missing those big hits that previous games had, like Freebird, or Won't Get Fooled Again, or Carry On Wayward Son, and while those songs can be in the game for the people like us, who've been following the series since the beginning and promptly importing tracks and buying DLC every week, but for the guy who just wants to have a fun party game he's gonna want to just pop the disc in and have some fun, not wade through a bunch of songs that he doesn't recognize by name for those hits that he doesn't even know are in there, he's gonna feel a little gypped.

I mean, I'm not complaining, I have those songs so I'm set whenever I can get the game, but I do wonder how HMX is gonna go about promoting their massive, massive catalogue of DLC to the average Joe who couldn't name any given song on the radio but can sing them all by heart.

Gaspar Lewis posted:

I mean... you don't think people who got into customs were taken as a sign to factor online band multiplayer out, do you?

I'd say yes, but honestly, no idea. It really depends on whether or not they can determine if any given user is playing with TU4 or TU5, which I'm pretty sure they can't, which just leaves them with data on people who are playing while connected to the internet, and whether they're playing multiplayer in their living rooms or online.

SatansBestBuddy fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 15, 2015

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
How are the new instruments looking for RB4? Are you guys planning on getting them, or are you guys mostly planning on trying to use older stuff? I haven't played any of these games since the boom, back in like 2007-08.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Chill Penguin posted:

How are the new instruments looking for RB4? Are you guys planning on getting them, or are you guys mostly planning on trying to use older stuff? I haven't played any of these games since the boom, back in like 2007-08.

Don't be fooled by the fact that their outer housings look absolutely identical to RB3 instruments'. Just about every single component of them has been improved. Coupled with the fact that my old controllers are all very well worn loved by now, yes, I am getting one of the new ones. Here are some details, if you're curious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgBoo6FjmtY

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Chill Penguin posted:

I need a new guitar -- my Beatles guitar is still in pretty good shape, but the original RB2 Strat is really beat, and both have limp whammy bars. More than that, though, I wanted to get a digital download copy of RB4 so I don't have to gently caress with switching games in and out of the PS4, so I can wait until there are stand-alone packages.

That reminds me: I need to get some drumsticks. I have the drums, pedal and the drum dongle, but the sticks have disappeared. Anything I should know about what to get or not to get?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I had a dream the other night that my working RB guitars got run over by a truck :prepop:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Dr. Citan Uzuki posted:

So how big of a flop does RB4 have to be before C3 starts making customs again?

On top of what farottone said, there is pretty much no chance C3 will exist in its current "release pseudo-official customs every week" format. Doubly so while Harmonix is doing weekly DLC, but even after that, we're planning to let the community as a whole drive the bus. We have some plans for organizing community customs that may or may not come to fruition any time soon.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Also, I'm curious why HMX hasn't dipped into their DLC or previous games for songs they could put on the RB4 disc? I mean, the obvious answer is because they want people to buy the DLC/games, but it wouldn't hurt sales at all if, say, More Than A Feeling or Under Pressure was on the disc.

Licensing, I'm sure, with a splash of "we don't want to make people buy it twice like GH did". It would have been cool to see maybe 10 famous DLC songs included as a download with the game, and you could advertise those songs with RB4, but then people have no reason to spend money on that DLC, and there's your licensing problems again. I know you can circumvent those issues, but not easily, and not on a smaller budget.

Chill Penguin posted:

Hoping to get accepted into the Road Crew, which would get me a drum set and guitar, but otherwise: one new guitar (with the game), legacy adapter to use my replica Strat, no drumming until we figure out an Ion solution.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
At least we can look forward to the impending Elvis Presley Pack, since HMX in 99% of cases licenses three or more songs at once when they get a new artist on board.

e: Ehh, well, back when they had Viacom backing them up...

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Sep 15, 2015

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Factual counterpoint: The Beach Boys.

And Spacehog, of course.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

I finally set up the C3 stuff over the weekend. A huge thank you to everyone involved in that project. You're all awesome.

As awesome as Cool For Cats.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!

cjg posted:

As awesome as Cool For Cats.

:aaaaa: Let's not go overboard. No one is that awesome.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Gaspar Lewis posted:

And Spacehog, of course.

We got their whole discography, didn't we? :confused:

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Oh my god this video :allears:

https://www.facebook.com/RockBand/videos/10153737864015209/

DON'T tell "Kool" Terry that you're gonna meet him at 5 PM for wings and then text him all like "OHHH SORRRRY I forgot I have to vacuum my shed tonight DUDE" even though it's the ONLY NIGHT Chuckles Grill has 50 cent wings and I wore my special shirt and everything :( :( :(

pksage fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 16, 2015

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Chairchucker posted:

We got their whole discography, didn't we? :confused:

I laughed.

I need to figure out what's wrong with my stage kit. Awhile back someone suggested replacing the fuse, but that didn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
What if I told you that Spacehog had four albums, one of which had a duet with Michael Stipe, another of which came out in 2013, and every song on all of them was somewhere between 80% and 95% as good as "In the Meantime"?

Also, when I heard about the Protomen being on-disc, I thought to myself there are a thousand bands I'd rather see in Rock Band proper, let alone on a disc, but I realized that's not true.

It's at least 1100.