Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'd rather lynch scum than me get lynched. If I have to get lynched first, fine, but I'd much rather town does something to actively advance their win-con

But you don't actually know that Opop is scum, you just suspect it. Any lynch is actively advancing towns win condition because town gains info from every lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

Why do you think he claimed flavour?
He probably thought it would make him seem Town. What's your theory?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

This is your first content post of the game. Of the list of people you mention, you only call one of them scum. Despite this, you don't vote for the one scum read you have.

##vote apostateCourier

Kash makes an excellent point here

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
So upon rereading Ernie his posting to me just feels bad. I admit my ability to get a read on him is jaded by the last time I played him he acted as scummy as possible and he was town so it's hard to say for sure. I think I'd vote him to avoid a no lynch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

apostateCourier posted:

This post strikes me as weirdly huffy. Gut's telling me that voting for imgay would lead to good things.

Him not changing his behavior isn't scummy in and of itself, given that his behavior is creating activity in the thread.

This post is weird but i'm struggling to explain why and having to phone post cause my internet is broken. I'll try to come back to it later

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

I can assure you I'm probably one of the least important players in this game, and that my softclaim was a joke which I realize is forbidden since we left jokephase but here we are.

Ah so this is why you're now the vote leader. This is a really bad retraction.

That said I was confirmed masons with Kash in our last game and I watched him play a shimmy town game so I know he's not good at looking towny.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

I could care less about looking scummy. In fact swimming in the 'too scummy to be scum' waters is generally where I like to be. What I'm actually doing is getting people to state their opinions on me and challenging those opinions.

Look at the interaction I have with imgay. I am trying to get him to clarify his position because he stated that I would do X as scum when he can't actually know what I'd do if I was scum. It's a baseless argument and has no merit. Then he goes even further by saying I'm hedging when he drops his vote on me. However, I feel that I've been clear and consistent on who I think has been acting suspiciously.

Really not liking this explanation. I feel like TM's analysis is faked and lacking considering the amount of their conversation.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Rarity is back and posting and clearly really reading the thread, and I like it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ernie did you ever confirm you scumclaimed in the mason doc?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Someone Awful! posted:

Lumpen I've elaborated about and won't repeat, but there's no way in my mind both him and Kashuno are scum together so I'm trying to rethink him.

This reads like Awful is setting up a chain lynch. Bad mojo!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Really not liking this explanation. I feel like TM's analysis is faked and lacking considering the amount of their conversation.

Go look at imgay and his interactions with me. Look at his vote where he says I'm hedging then look at my posts before that vote and tell me if you think I've been hedging.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

He probably thought it would make him seem Town. What's your theory?

The same. Which is exactly what a scum's top priority would be.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

The same. Which is exactly what a scum's top priority would be.
Or a newbie Town. It is WIFOM.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

This reads like Awful is setting up a chain lynch. Bad mojo!

Nah, nothing like that. There's no if/then logic there, I just don't think it makes sense from their interactions that they'd both be Scum. I'm reasonably certain one of them is, and I feel Kashuno reads worse of the two of them.

I'm starting to change my mind on Lumpen as the day goes on, though. :shrug:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All caught up. Still prefer a Lumpen lynch, would be happy with Ace and could be swayed towards TM and maybe Kash. No real strong town reads except Foo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Someone Awful! posted:

Nah, nothing like that. There's no if/then logic there, I just don't think it makes sense from their interactions that they'd both be Scum. I'm reasonably certain one of them is, and I feel Kashuno reads worse of the two of them.

This is exactly a chain lynch. "Oh, Kash flipped town? Welp, better lynch Lumpen today. We're sure to be right this time!"

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

All caught up. Still prefer a Lumpen lynch, would be happy with Ace and could be swayed towards TM and maybe Kash. No real strong town reads except Foo
Can/will you make a 3-bulletpoint case on me and see if it still seems true to you in the context of the full day?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kashuno posted:

This is the most meaningful content Opop has added all game, when Ernie asked him to give an opinion on things.

Brevity is the soul of wit

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Votecount for Day 1

Kashuno (4): TMMadman, Opopanax, apostateCourier, LowellDND, Lumpen, Lumpen, TMMadman, Someone Awful!
Lumpen (3): HiipFire, Opopanax, LowellDND, apostateCourier, Kashuno, Rarity, apostateCourier, Kashuno, Chamale, Opopanax, LowellDND
Rarity (2): fiery_valkyrie, Lumpen, Lumpen, Acebuckeye13
TMMadman (2): Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Colonel Corazon, imgay
Ernie. (2): Lumpen, Lumpen, Lumpen, TMMadman
HiipFire (1): Kashuno, Kashuno, Ernie.
Acebuckeye13 (1): Captain Foo
Opopanax (1): Rarity, Rarity, Kashuno
imgay (0): apostateCourier, apostateCourier
fiery_valkyrie (0): Ernie., Ernie.
LowellDND (0): Lumpen, Lumpen
apostateCourier (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (0):

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2015 at 1 p.m. PDT -- that's in about :siren:2 hours:siren:.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Rarity posted:

This is exactly a chain lynch. "Oh, Kash flipped town? Welp, better lynch Lumpen today. We're sure to be right this time!"

I see your point. I'm not trying to do that but I guess that's necessarily where my logic leads.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

Can/will you make a 3-bulletpoint case on me and see if it still seems true to you in the context of the full day?

Not while I'm on my phone. How do people do this it's a nightmare

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Someone Awful! posted:

If you're going to change your mind you should do it soon.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

Brevity is the soul of wit

Great content! :waycool:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's awfully convenient that Rarity claims to have caught up but makes absolutely no call on Ernie.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Rarity posted:

Ernie did you ever confirm you scumclaimed in the mason doc?
He never responded in any way to my mentioning it.

This is the entirety, for consideration, nothing has been said since the 12th.

Rarity, do you have a stance on Ernie?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Lumpen posted:

screenshot

why the gently caress would you post this

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

why the gently caress would you post this
Why wouldn't I?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

posting privileged docs seems like a violation of rules

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

I don't get this at all, TM's logic looks sound to me

Rarity posted:

I'd also like to point out this inconsistency from Rarity just moments apart. So my logic is good at one point because I'm saying Lumpen is being inconsistent, but then I'm faking it when explaining why I don't care about being scummy and my interactions with imgay.

So what do you think about imgay rarity?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lumpen what the actual gently caress

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Captain Foo posted:

And yet is it not. Why would it be? There is a reason why you can't paste your Mod PMs but there's no Mod info here. MasonDocs are not "privileged", the only rule is that only Masons can talk in them. If we were Scum fakeclaiming Masons as a gambit, this could be fabricated.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TMMadman posted:

I'd also like to point out this inconsistency from Rarity just moments apart. So my logic is good at one point because I'm saying Lumpen is being inconsistent, but then I'm faking it when explaining why I don't care about being scummy and my interactions with imgay.

So what do you think about imgay rarity?

You're making two different points about two different people and I'm reacting to them as I see them, I can like one and not the other.

imgay is like derp or Cpig, one of those players I find it difficult as gently caress to read

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Captain Foo posted:

Lumpen could have written it all himself for all we know. Ok gonna reread Ernie now my internet's good.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lumpys the best

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
im pretty sure posting that screenshot in general warrants a mod kill

but hey thats just my opinion man

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ernie. posted:

##vote hiipfire

this post is grandstanding. it doesn't actually achieve anything. why is it worded as if it's trying to convince lumpen that he himself is scum?

moreover it comes off to me as hiipfire posting what he thinks a townie would be thinking rather than what a townie would actually think which is

I remember liking this post of Ernie's at the time. I was glad I wasn't the only person seeing something scummy in Hiipfire

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
M9ooooooooooooooodsssss!n!! Kill him he did somethibg

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Kashuno posted:

I haven't seen the movie so flavor is completely lost on me :shrug:

Can't breathe. That post makes me want to lynch you as a matter of principle. I'm still suspicious of you and Lumpen, I'm not going to change my vote for the moment because I think Lumpen just committed a faux pas and I want to see how the thread will react.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Rarity posted:

I remember liking this post of Ernie's at the time. I was glad I wasn't the only person seeing something scummy in Hiipfire

I still dont understand this post and why it makes me scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ernie. posted:

im suspicious of you motherfucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know you're not trustworthy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and you're trying to lead the new people around by the nose and distract them from yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not going to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People having a go at Ernie for this post are dumb because he's clearly taking the piss after his previous post:

Ernie. posted:

also this post is really put on

like someone opened a 'How to have an Outburst for Dummies' book and just aped everything they read

Apparently there's no place for self referential humour in mafia

• Locked thread