Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Lumpen posted:

##vote Chamale
No more newbie shield.

Votes on Kashuno that I hated: f_v's driveby vote after zero participation for a very long time, Acebuckeye's "total panic" edit-vote that he was still around to fix, Chamale's been over-the-top Newbie Scummy in every single post. Opop is still Scummy and Rarity probably did the most to keep the lynch from turning to him.

Corazon, you seem to think bandwagons are good and cool. They aren't.

Sorry about that :( I forgot to check the thread after I got up until class was just about to start, and by then it was too late to do anything but try and make sure the vote went through.

apostateCourier posted:

I could not have asked for a better entrance opportunity

##vote HiipFire

He is NOT TOWN. I am a 1-shot Cop, The Ace.

*drops mic*

Uh, quick clarification, is The Ace the same as The Seer in games of Werewolf? I'm still a bit lost on the specific terminology.

In any case, I'll buy it. ##vote hiip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

"The Ace" is flavor.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

apostateCourier posted:

"The Ace" is flavor.

Gotcha. Is there a link to the SA Mafia wiki so I can try looking some stuff up? I found it once but I can't seem to find it again and there's no link in the OP.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Uh, quick clarification, is The Ace the same as The Seer in games of Werewolf? I'm still a bit lost on the specific terminology.

He's claiming he's this guy: http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Ace

His claimed role is Cop, like Seer in Werewolf. He's also claiming he was One-Shot, which means he claims to have used up his single investigation, and that would make him effectively Vanilla (powerless) now.

Whether the one-shot claim is true or just a way to be able to trumpet the successful result and maybe not get nightkilled for it, is WIFOM.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Lumpen posted:

##vote Chamale
No more newbie shield.

Votes on Kashuno that I hated: f_v's driveby vote after zero participation for a very long time, Acebuckeye's "total panic" edit-vote that he was still around to fix, Chamale's been over-the-top Newbie Scummy in every single post. Opop is still Scummy and Rarity probably did the most to keep the lynch from turning to him.

Deadline was at 6am my time. I wasn't participating beforehand because I was asleep. What are you thoughts about Ernie being targeted and his flip?

Opopanax posted:

I buy it, I thought he was acting weird yesterday ##vote hiip

Can you elaborate on how you thought he was acting weird?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpen posted:

He's claiming he's this guy: http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Ace

His claimed role is Cop, like Seer in Werewolf. He's also claiming he was One-Shot, which means he claims to have used up his single investigation, and that would make him effectively Vanilla (powerless) now.

Whether the one-shot claim is true or just a way to be able to trumpet the successful result and maybe not get nightkilled for it, is WIFOM.

She. :j:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Gotcha. Is there a link to the SA Mafia wiki so I can try looking some stuff up? I found it once but I can't seem to find it again and there's no link in the OP.
http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Mafia

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
If she's claiming to be Ace, going by the movie wouldn't Ace be Scum aligned? I'm not so sure about this vote now :tinfoil:

Though to be fair if it turns out Hiip isn't Scum then we can always lynch her tomorrow.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Thanks!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Lumpen, talk to me.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Deadline was at 6am my time. I wasn't participating beforehand because I was asleep. What are you thoughts about Ernie being targeted and his flip?
I feel he acted weird for being Nux and Miller, I don't know why he didn't Millerclaim immediately and acted so cagey. I think there was ample reason to be suspicious of him and it's good he didn't draw a false Cop investigation and cause chaos.

Ernie doesn't seem like he would be a likely Scum nightkill target, given that I was casing him and pushing for his lynch hard and woukd still be doing it if he were alive, and because I'd expect Scum to go looking for Town Power Roles to kill rather than Masons. Ernie was impaled. Could be a Vigilante kill or an SK. Ernie was voting HiipFire amd hadn't really threatened anyone else, so Hiip would be the most likely to have killed Ernie.

I predict Hiip killed Ernie and flips Third Party.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What do you think of Opop? His vote on Hiip today feels particularly fake. He thought Hiip was "weird" yesterday but never mentioned him once.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mainly he just seemed a lot more engaged than usual. I didn't want to call him out for it because I feel bad calling someone scum for posting more and trying harder than usual

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What do you think of Opop? His vote on Hiip today feels particularly fake. He thought Hiip was "weird" yesterday but never mentioned him once.
Yeah I still think Opop is Scum, wish you'd helped lynch him instead of Kashuno.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Opopanax posted:

Mainly he just seemed a lot more engaged than usual. I didn't want to call him out for it because I feel bad calling someone scum for posting more and trying harder than usual
A Scumpost.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Yeah I still think Opop is Scum, wish you'd helped lynch him instead of Kashuno.

We can lynch him today.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

We can lynch him today.

I can see the merits of this but I also want to lynch the person that I have a not town result on.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

fiery_valkyrie posted:

We can lynch him today.
Why are you not voting HiipFire?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

fiery_valkyrie posted:

We can lynch him today.

Tomorrow or the day after would be better, since if apostateCourier is right, we're getting rid of a Scumbag, if they're not, apostateCourier is almost certainly scum, so we're basically guaranteed that we're going to get a Scum-aligned player either today or tomorrow. I'm not saying Opop ISN'T Scum, mind you, but I'd rather go for the sure thing right away than taking a chance. We can even make a calender! :v

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Lumpen posted:

##vote Chamale

Honk honk.

I switched votes so we'd be able to lynch someone who I at least agreed was supicious and when I posted those last two votes hadn't shown up yet. Grandparents slowass internet. I'll try my shot at a List tomorrow.

Anyways I have some time now if you can bear with slow reponses. Were TMM and ernie both killed by scum? I don't know if one being shot and one being impaled implies a difference. Knowing would help me confirm something.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Why are you not voting HiipFire?

Glad you asked.

##kill Hiipfire

Thats why.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Glad you asked.

##kill Hiipfire

Thats why.

Goddamn this game is dramatic as gently caress

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Tomorrow or the day after would be better, since if apostateCourier is right, we're getting rid of a Scumbag, if they're not, apostateCourier is almost certainly scum, so we're basically guaranteed that we're going to get a Scum-aligned player either today or tomorrow. I'm not saying Opop ISN'T Scum, mind you, but I'd rather go for the sure thing right away than taking a chance. We can even make a calender! :v
Settle down, there's possible excuses and pitfalls to that logic. Busdriver, Framer, Nexus, Paranoid Cop, Insane Cop... Miller at least we have covered.

In all likelihood this is a straight-up good catch with a good claim backing it.

Apostate, you never mentioned HiipFire D1, why investigate him?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Lumpen posted:

Settle down, there's possible excuses and pitfalls to that logic. Busdriver, Framer, Nexus, Paranoid Cop, Insane Cop... Miller at least we have covered.

In all likelihood this is a straight-up good catch with a good claim backing it.

Ah, Bus Driver I knew, but the other roles are new to me.

Back to the Wiki!

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpen posted:

I always overthink cops, so I decided to roll the dice and see what happened.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

apostateCourier posted:

I always overthink cops, so I decided to roll the dice and see what happened.
Are you claiming you literally RNG'd to target your Once-per-game Investigation?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Are you claiming you literally RNG'd to target your Once-per-game Investigation?

:perfect:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

What the hell I leave for like an hour and this happens :psyduck:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Mid-day 2: Hiipfire, The Buzzard (serial killer-aligned Serial Killer) was shot.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpen posted:

Yup.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

That was a one-shot vig.

Nice work AC.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Mid-day 2: Hiipfire, The Buzzard (serial killer-aligned Serial Killer) was shot.

:3:

(i think this is my fifth or sixth game in a row where i pegged the sk on d1)

rip me

:hb:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Colonel Corazon posted:

Anyways I have some time now if you can bear with slow reponses. Were TMM and ernie both killed by scum? I don't know if one being shot and one being impaled implies a difference. Knowing would help me confirm something.

Anyone able to answer?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote Opop

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

Witness!!!!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Colonel Corazon posted:

Anyone able to answer?

It is almost definite that one of those kills came from the scum team and the other came from serial killer Hiipfire.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That was a one-shot vig.

Nice work AC.

:cop::hf::commissar:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Lumpen posted:

I predict Hiip killed Ernie and flips Third Party.
:lumpen:

Nice nice.
##Vote Opopanax

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It is almost definite that one of those kills came from the scum team and the other came from serial killer Hiipfire.

I know that but is there a way to know who impales/shoots the poo poo out of people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

##vote opop fuuuuck yeaaaaaah

• Locked thread