Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Colonel Corazon posted:

I know that but is there a way to know who impales/shoots the poo poo out of people?

Not at the moment. Tomorrow when there is only the scum kill we will be able to match the flavour and see which was the SK and which the scum team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Enjoy Valhalla Hiip

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Now that's what I call Shiny and Chrome

##unvote

##vote Opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And why am I scum, again?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I glazed over it, but whats the smoking gun on opop?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Opopanax posted:

And why am I scum, again?

Your play around Lumpen yesterday was totally insincere. You voted him literally in your confirmation post and then later, when someone (Ernie?) called you out for your lack of opinions you acted like you'd made a serious call on Lumpen.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Colonel Corazon posted:

I know that but is there a way to know who impales/shoots the poo poo out of people?
HiipFire had a motive to take out Ernie, didn't have any reason to kill TMM.

I just re-read TMM. He endes the day voting Opop, but most of his suspicion throighout the day was on imgay. There's really nobody else that would have any special reason to target TMM than imgay, as far as I can see. It's WIFOM but worth mentioning. TMM was not at the top or bottom of the postcount, isn't considered an especially dangerous foe or great Scumhunter, and didn't seem to softclaim or breadcrumb a role as far as I can see that woukdndraw the nightkill.

TMM's death tends to implicate imgay.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Not at the moment. Tomorrow when there is only the scum kill we will be able to match the flavour and see which was the SK and which the scum team.

I'm guessing Buzzard/Hiipfire = impalement since those were the spiky car dudes. I feel I can back that up since my flavor is in line with my role. If that doesn't sound dumb to the veterans I'd be able to make a few good guesses beyond this.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

I thought Hiip was scum? Why are we switching to Opop?

(Not questioning Opop's guilt, more startled at the thread suddenly agreeing on Hip's innocence)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Your play around Lumpen yesterday was totally insincere. You voted him literally in your confirmation post and then later, when someone (Ernie?) called you out for your lack of opinions you acted like you'd made a serious call on Lumpen.

I did not say, I just don't like playing games with Lumpen. I don't give a poo poo what his alignment is

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

LowellDND posted:

(Not questioning Opop's guilt, more startled at the thread suddenly agreeing on Hip's innocence)

Keep reading

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Colonel Corazon posted:

I'm guessing Buzzard/Hiipfire = impalement since those were the spiky car dudes. I feel I can back that up since my flavor is in line with my role. If that doesn't sound dumb to the veterans I'd be able to make a few good guesses beyond this.
Don't be shy, post every thought. Every post is evidence to judge you by, and the way you can contribute to the game.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Opopanax posted:

Keep reading

Oh, okay. He officially died already? Thought that was flavor text or some such.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Opopanax posted:

I did not say, I just don't like playing games with Lumpen. I don't give a poo poo what his alignment is

Uh huh

Opopanax posted:

Agreed. Lumpen and Kash for scum

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Don't be shy, post every thought. Every post is evidence to judge you by, and the way you can contribute to the game.

Does it seem agreeable the hiipfire was responsible for the impaling?

Also, Lumpen, who would you consider your greatest threat? Someone who would have wanted you dead last night?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

LowellDND posted:

Hiip was investigated as NotTown. He is dead now. He flipped Serial Killer, a third-party role.

I want to just note:
We can't logically rule out that ApostateCourier could be a Scum Rolecop. One-Shot Town Cop is a dubious claim. Ace is a potential Scum flavor, and Scum are likely to have some investigative power when there's an SK. It is very weird that apostateCourier claims to have directed the investigation by RandomNumberGenerator, as she claimed. HiipFire was never mentioned as suspicious by apostateCourier on D1 and a Town Cop looking for Scum, especially with a single shot, should have had a lot of reasonable candidates without "rolling dice". Targeting Hiip makes more sense as a Scum Rolecop target.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

apostateCourier posted:

Lumpen's basically the driving force behind this game, until I see how he responds to flips that gets him a pass as far as I'm concerned.

TMM is spending a lot of effort on saying, "I'm not that scummy, no really, stop picking on me" which is making me think he's scum.

Foo calling me out wins him some points, to be honest. Getting people who haven't been posting back in the game is a Good Thing.

I don't buy Rarity being scum at this time. I disagree with her about content game, but ultimately that's just a disagreement.

I'm actually feeling pretty good about Ernie. Nothing about his posting really stands out to me as opportunistic or manipulative.

apostateCourier posted:

This post strikes me as weirdly huffy. Gut's telling me that voting for imgay would lead to good things.

These are the two post in which apostateCourier makes some alignment calls on D1. No mention of HiipFire.
Apostate, given that you posted reads, why "roll dice" rather than investigate TMM or imgay?

Would you vote imgay now? Why or why not?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpen posted:

Hiip was investigated as NotTown. He is dead now. He flipped Serial Killer, a third-party role.

I want to just note:
We can't logically rule out that ApostateCourier could be a Scum Rolecop. One-Shot Town Cop is a dubious claim. Ace is a potential Scum flavor, and Scum are likely to have some investigative power when there's an SK. It is very weird that apostateCourier claims to have directed the investigation by RandomNumberGenerator, as she claimed. HiipFire was never mentioned as suspicious by apostateCourier on D1 and a Town Cop looking for Scum, especially with a single shot, should have had a lot of reasonable candidates without "rolling dice". Targeting Hiip makes more sense as a Scum Rolecop target.

I can see where you're coming from, but I know I overthink things a lot and decided to not gently caress it up by doing that and just leave it to chance. Hell, it's worked for me before.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Colonel Corazon posted:

Does it seem agreeable the hiipfire was responsible for the impaling?

Also, Lumpen, who would you consider your greatest threat? Someone who would have wanted you dead last night?
I don't think anyone wanted me dead last night, two nightkills were accomplished and not on me.

Assuming the SK targeted Ernie, the Scum wanted him still alive too. I don't think the Scum would target me because I was on the wrong track and I looked like a viabke mislynch for future days.

I woukd not be a likely target for a Track because I'm a Mason. I would have been a fairly likely target for a Town Cop investigation. Any names to name would be a bad thing for Town.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

These are the two post in which apostateCourier makes some alignment calls on D1. No mention of HiipFire.
Apostate, given that you posted reads, why "roll dice" rather than investigate TMM or imgay?

Why are you hedging me lumpen?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

apostateCourier posted:

I can see where you're coming from, but I know I overthink things a lot and decided to not gently caress it up by doing that and just leave it to chance. Hell, it's worked for me before.
Link?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpen posted:

Nah. Not without more than is there right now from him, the WIFOM case is interesting and potentially good but I'd rather deal with opop first. If it comes down to imgay or nolynch, I'll vote imgay.

Opopanax posted:

Mainly he just seemed a lot more engaged than usual. I didn't want to call him out for it because I feel bad calling someone scum for posting more and trying harder than usual

Opopanax posted:

These posts. Right here. Super scummy.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

it was a vig I threw completely by accident during april fools mafia

Hang on it might take a while to hunt down a link

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

I don't think anyone wanted me dead last night, two nightkills were accomplished and not on me.

Assuming the SK targeted Ernie, the Scum wanted him still alive too. I don't think the Scum would target me because I was on the wrong track and I looked like a viabke mislynch for future days.

I woukd not be a likely target for a Track because I'm a Mason. I would have been a fairly likely target for a Town Cop investigation. Any names to name would be a bad thing for Town.

I can clarify some poo poo from the night but I'd have to reveal my role. Good/bad idea to reveal my pro-Town role? Not sure it'd be better either way.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

WITNESS ME

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

imgay posted:

Why are you hedging me lumpen?
I'm not hedging you, I am accusing you. I'm exploring a theory that you are Scum and killed TMM, and apostateCourier is a Scum Rolecop.

Imgay how do you feel about voting Opopanax or ApostateCourier? You already piped up in Opop's defense.
Who do you think is Scum and why? Haven't seen reads from you this game.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Colonel Corazon posted:

I can clarify some poo poo from the night but I'd have to reveal my role. Good/bad idea to reveal my pro-Town role? Not sure it'd be better either way.
Unless someone is about to get mislynched or unless you can nail a Scum, the less said the better. Probably wasnt a good idea to even softclaim a Power Role unless there's immediate benefit :( Makes you a big target at night. I totally understand that it's exciting to know something and hard to keep it in your pants.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Eh, that was a D1 Vig, a pretty different situation. I appreciate the info though, but I am still suspicious. Hope you'll contribute to catching and lynching a Scum now so I can feel confident. I'm really glad you nailed the SK either way.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just realised that I forgot to mark Kashuno as dead on Votefinder, so it's now 7 votes to lynch instead of 8.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Oh and it is a safe bet at this point that f_v is Town and can be trusted. For the Mod to design a setup in which a dayvig is given to Scum would just be nuts and unbalanced and she would have saved it for later if that were the case.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Is is normal to rack up a body count this fast?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Unless someone is about to get mislynched or unless you can nail a Scum, the less said the better. Probably wasnt a good idea to even softclaim a Power Role unless there's immediate benefit :( Makes you a big target at night. I totally understand that it's exciting to know something and hard to keep it in your pants.

Oh I don't care. First time playing so I don't give a gently caress if I goof.

I'm the War Rig and bus driver which seems only kind of useful but I switched Lumpen and TMM so if I get this right your rear end was on the firing line and TMM's death was deliberate.

##vote Opop

HONK HONK!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpen posted:

Imgay how do you feel about voting Opopanax or ApostateCourier? You already piped up in Opop's defense.
Who do you think is Scum and why? Haven't seen reads from you this game.

I think 1-shot cop pretty weak claim unless they claiming joat, but its wierd since this is supposed to be a more vanillaish game. I've never defended opop, i just didn't read anything said by you guys voting him why he was so votey.

I think fv or lumpen scum and lowell or corazon scum. it just seems the way my gut is rolling.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Woops TMM's death was NOT deliberate is what I meant to say.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

I'm the War Rig and bus driver which seems only kind of useful but I switched Lumpen and TMM so if I get this right your rear end was on the firing line and TMM's death was deliberate.

##vote Opop

HONK HONK!

it means TMM was innocent, Lumpen was on the firing line, and ernie was SK'd

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Opop and imgay are scum. :bandwagon:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

I think 1-shot cop pretty weak claim unless they claiming joat, but its wierd since this is supposed to be a more vanillaish game. I've never defended opop, i just didn't read anything said by you guys voting him why he was so votey.

I think fv or lumpen scum and lowell or corazon scum. it just seems the way my gut is rolling.

how do you feel now that the busdrive has been revealed

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Colonel Corazon posted:

##vote Opop

HONK HONK!
Ha! I am glad you claimed! That certainly takes imgay off the hook a bit. I'll have to think this over...

Also Town Busdriver is wild role. You could redirect a Scum kill back onto a Scum if you do it right. You may or may not be able to busdrive yourself. Find out from the Mod and then keep it secret.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Colonel Corazon posted:

Opop and imgay are scum. :bandwagon:

I'm goin' with the War Rig on this one, especially after imgay's last post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

LowellDND posted:

Is is normal to rack up a body count this fast?

nothing seems out of the ordinary

• Locked thread