Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Birdstrike is at -2 apparently of I'm reading votes right on my phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm town doc you idiots. I protected BottleKnight last night.

I also learned in an unrelated manner that BottleKnight is town.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
My buddy power is/was Pen Pal with Section 31, which would have let me send a message to him if he was alive.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##unvote

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Birdstrike posted:

My buddy power is/was Pen Pal with Section 31, which would have let me send a message to him if he was alive.

Weren't you saying that opop was probably scum for claiming buddies with a corpse

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Votecount for Day 2

Birdstrike (3): BottleKnight, chaoslord, Hal Incandenza, Podima, chaoslord
chaoslord (2): Rarity, Alehkhs
Rarity (2): Look Under The Rock, Opopanax
Hal Incandenza (1): MMM Whatchya Say
Opopanax (1): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza, Birdstrike, Podima, Podima
MMM Whatchya Say (0): Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (1): chaoslord

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 15th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 52 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Who else claimed Buddy Cop with Section 31? Was that Opop?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I have 5 minutes before break's over) - from our understanding of the setup, if multiple people pick someone to be a buddy with, they all get the same buddy power, yes?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Look Under The Rock posted:

Weren't you saying that opop was probably scum for claiming buddies with a corpse

Along with misunderstanding the role.
I was also suspicious of his buddycop claim because the result I received last night indicated there was another buddycop out there who was feeding me information, and I didn't want to become an NK target at the time.

Like I said, how many buddycops can there be?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Birdstrike posted:

I'm town doc you idiots. I protected BottleKnight last night.

I also learned in an unrelated manner that BottleKnight is town.

Interesting. ##unvote

I'd probably vote rarity. Probably wouldn't vote chaoslord. Definitely wouldn't vote Opop.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone else mentioned Pen Pal as a buddy role in the entire thread?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Podima posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong (I have 5 minutes before break's over) - from our understanding of the setup, if multiple people pick someone to be a buddy with, they all get the same buddy power, yes?

I think that's incorrect but I'll tell you what, anyone voting for birdstrike should unvote him because I have reason to believe he is telling at least a partial truth

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I think that's incorrect but I'll tell you what, anyone voting for birdstrike should unvote him because I have reason to believe he is telling at least a partial truth

I agree with your assessment and at this point I think the buddy roles are far less varied in this game than I thought.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

Work never stops.

##vote Birdstrike

Bird/rarity/MMM scumteam?

Also this post pinged me. I'd vote Hal.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

I'd probably vote rarity.

Yeah let's do this.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Gutfeel likes Rarity better than Hal but that's terrible reasoning. I don't have time to do more than check in once more on my phone before deadline though.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

Also this post pinged me. I'd vote Hal.

He went back to lurking basically as soon as he wouldn't be pushed, has responded to comments about his lurking. It's watchful lurking, I'd vote Hal

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Then again why would scum rarity take a cop claim that they probably had to believe was real (since they know who the scum are) and post it in thread? That's a really big play and even though I think it was mishandled I don't know if I see any scum doing that. gently caress.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Come on guys let's get Rarity. At some point we'll need a flip from that claiming debacle and Rarity looks the dirtiest from where I'm standing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

He went back to lurking basically as soon as he wouldn't be pushed, has responded to comments about his lurking. It's watchful lurking, I'd vote Hal

Yeah I am easily convinced in my head that Hal could be scum. He's been pretty scummy. I wish MMM was here!

##vote hal

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

Then again why would scum rarity take a cop claim that they probably had to believe was real (since they know who the scum are) and post it in thread? That's a really big play and even though I think it was mishandled I don't know if I see any scum doing that. gently caress.

I went over a few potential reasons a scum might do it but basically I don't want to claim my buddy power yet, suffice to say given this power's existence in game there's reasons.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is dumb I won't have time to defendmyselff but I'm town 1-shot BP and my buddy is LutR and I watch her every night. No one visited N1

##vote Rarity

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I went over a few potential reasons a scum might do it but basically I don't want to claim my buddy power yet, suffice to say given this power's existence in game there's reasons.

okay I feel good about this.

##vote rarity

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is dumb I won't have time to defendmyselff but I'm town 1-shot BP and my buddy is LutR and I watch her every night. No one visited N1

##vote Rarity

Aww I'm sorry I called you a garbage player, bud.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Rarity

This seems like it would have been very useful to town to not claim! Also scum could easily be 1-shot BP with a vig in the game. Hmmmmmm

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I don't know if we have enough people around.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I guess if birdstrike and podima switch then we're good

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
What's the lead on Rarity vs chaoslord? The whole "real cop in an (apparent) fuckton of buddy cops" still doesn't feel right to me.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote Rarity

Opop was postin in another game recently and podima said they'd be back before deadline so I think we have enough votes

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

Alehkhs posted:

What's the lead on Rarity vs chaoslord? The whole "real cop in an (apparent) fuckton of buddy cops" still doesn't feel right to me.

Less than a minute later:

chaoslord posted:

##vote Rarity

Opop was postin in another game recently and podima said they'd be back before deadline so I think we have enough votes

:stare:

Come on, guys.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

It's almost as if I was typing up that post at the same time as you. Spooooooooooky

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Alehkhs posted:

Less than a minute later:

:stare:

Come on, guys.

What do you want? What's a lead in this situation?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

BottleKnight posted:

What do you want? What's a lead in this situation?

Sorry, my "why would he be a normal cop instead of a buddy" isn't as sold as your case to lynch Birdstrike.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Alehkhs posted:

Sorry, my "why would he be a normal cop instead of a buddy" isn't as sold as your case to lynch Birdstrike.

I'm not being sarcastic? I get that you disagree but there's been a lot of posting about all of this. Do what you will!

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

That's the thing about setup spec. You find something you find unbelievable, but does that mean it can't happen? It's indeterminate, so just go with your reads first.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

This is the part where I go crash because I feel like rear end and I have to wake up for school at 5:30. Good luck guys.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
I'm sticking with my vote then. Today's been a mess.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Alehkhs posted:

Also the time to push this is not 25 minutes to deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Alehkhs posted:

I'm sticking with my vote then. Today's been a mess.

Okay but, and I don't want to mafia dad you, but lynching someone is always better for town than not lynching anyone.

• Locked thread