Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

##vote opop i don't really care that this is -1 already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Yeah if I was the intended nightkill then Opopanax is gonna flip Scum.
I still feel that Chamale is pretty obviously Scum too.

The Scum kill toward the top of the postcount suggests that the bottom of the postcount hides Scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im the strongest player in this game, you can only oogle to obtain my greatness

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Lumpen posted:

Ha! I am glad you claimed! That certainly takes imgay off the hook a bit. I'll have to think this over...

Also Town Busdriver is wild role. You could redirect a Scum kill back onto a Scum if you do it right. You may or may not be able to busdrive yourself. Find out from the Mod and then keep it secret.

Not worried. Anyone defended opop or attacking you is going to Valhalla.

Townies going to the Green Place :boom:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
LumpenList™ Day 2 Page 19
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Feeling pretty darn solid on this.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Any swaps I should do overnight? Bus driver seems like it can gently caress the game up for everyone and I'd rather do no harm (rip TMM).

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Colonel Corazon posted:

Any swaps I should do overnight? Bus driver seems like it can gently caress the game up for everyone and I'd rather do no harm (rip TMM).
Best not to telegraph any particular possibilities. Make the Scum second-guess. You might switch yourself-and-a-Scum. You might switch Lumpen and a Scum. You might switch apostate (if you think she's a Town Cop with more than 1 shot after all) and a Scum, or fiery_v and a Scum. Don't advertise who the Scum would be. You might even choose to not switch anyone. Since you have claimed, the chaos you can create is minimized, since you'll show up at the start of the next day and say exactly what you did. Switching is probably better than not switching, since the Scum will target a Town, and you might re-target a Scum. If you don't switch, that possibility is gone.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
It would be pretty funny if the Scum, expecting you to suspect imgay, target Scum imgay with the NK hoping you'll switch him with someone Town. But then you switch nobody and he dies.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm the strongest town player in the game though

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Votecount for Day 2

Opopanax (6): fiery_valkyrie, Lumpen, apostateCourier, Acebuckeye13, Colonel Corazon, Captain Foo
Chamale (0): Lumpen, Lumpen

Not Voting (6): Chamale, imgay, LowellDND, Opopanax, Rarity, Someone Awful!

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 18th, 2015 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 21 hours.

Hammer any time, I'd say.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Let's wrap the day up I guess.

##vote opop

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I should be protected at night

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen posted:

Best not to telegraph any particular possibilities.

Yep, don't plan on it. Just would like to hear some ideas before night. I've already got a few good ideas.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Day 2: Opopanax, The Bullet Farmer (scum-aligned Assassin) was lynched

Get your night actions in to me. Let's see if we can get another super quick night.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Opopanax (7): fiery_valkyrie, Lumpen, apostateCourier, Acebuckeye13, Colonel Corazon, Captain Foo, LowellDND
Chamale (0): Lumpen, Lumpen

Not Voting (5): Chamale, imgay, Opopanax, Rarity, Someone Awful!

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 18th, 2015 at 6 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 21 hours.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Night 2: Lumpen, Capable (town-aligned Mason) was riddled with bullets.

Day 3 begins.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
:ghost: Noooooooooooooooooo! Go Town! :ghost:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Captain Foo posted:

i'm still happy with my ace vote actually, d1 shield is for making mistakes, not lurking and actively non-contributing

He's just a kid! I'm pretty sure Ace, like me, is new to online Mafia, and we're both here because we like Fury Road and not because we're competitive at this game. I was pretty sure about my Lumpen-Kashuno conspiracy theory, and now I don't trust my own judgment about who to suspect.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

##vote imgay

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Imgay then chamale for scum.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

oh I see how it is, y'all go and hit scum while I'm busy having a life, that is just super rude :argh:

Nah but seriously good job. Lemme go read everything I missed and then I will have A CASE maybe??? I was gonna post it yesterday but obviously that didn't happen.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chamale posted:

He's just a kid! I'm pretty sure Ace, like me, is new to online Mafia, and we're both here because we like Fury Road and not because we're competitive at this game. I was pretty sure about my Lumpen-Kashuno conspiracy theory, and now I don't trust my own judgment about who to suspect.

hmm.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chamale posted:

who do you suspect now?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

I think 1-shot cop pretty weak claim unless they claiming joat, but its wierd since this is supposed to be a more vanillaish game. I've never defended opop, i just didn't read anything said by you guys voting him why he was so votey.

I think fv or lumpen scum and lowell or corazon scum. it just seems the way my gut is rolling.

ayy lmao ##vote :quig:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a smoking gun to prove I'm town.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

I have a smoking gun to prove I'm town.

I don't believe you

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm max

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Who is scum imgay?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a cop. Not a 1shot either

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

imgay posted:

I'm max

imgay posted:

I was wondering if there was going to be a full cop. Interesting.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

If you are what you claim, any results?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I copped rarity last night, they are town or Joe, unless my target got bussed. I copped ernie n1

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Chamale posted:

Hi Chamale! You've been acting pretty drat suspicious this game, and as a fellow newbie I feel no shame in calling you out about it! Let's go on a whirlwind tour through your post history and see what we can see, shall we? It's time for a ~*case*~

Chamale posted:

Aaaaaaah!

I'm most suspicious of you, motherfucker. You know you're not trustworthy, and you're trying to lead the new people around by the nose and distract them from yourself. It's not going to work. Scum protects scum, and I wasn't convinced by Kashuno's cute little vote and unvote. See how he's defending you now! Then there's Ernie, who vouched for you, in a way that we conveniently can't verify. Lumpen, Kashuno, and Ernie. are scum.

As Ernie and (I believe?) some others pointed out, this post was pretty strong in a weird way. At the time I let it slide because I, too, was suspicious of those three posters, but thinking back on it the logic is kind of forced -- especially the bit about Kashuno's voting/unvoting making the pair of them suspicious as Scum together. To me, that doesn't follow at all.

Chamale posted:

No one else has seemed suspicious to me yet other than the three I named. I see that Lumpen and Kashuno are posting a lot and not doing well to defend themselves, whereas your posting has me thinking that you're probably Town-aligned like me. The other people posting have not drawn my attention in any particular way. I'll point out that it's of course possible some of the other new people are Scum we haven't spotted and they're laying low, but I'm confident that the three I named are Scum. Of course if they kill me to shut me up, that's a flashing neon sign that says I was right, so I don't know how they're going to act.

This is, admittedly, a gut and word-choice opinion, but your specific phrasing of "Town-aligned like me" made me uncomfortable. It's like you felt the need to remind us, the readers, of just how Townie you are by hanging a flag on it. I could easily read this as nervous newbie Scum behavior.

Chamale posted:

Battle fodder.

You're still trying to put yourself in charge of everyone, even though you've got the most votes for yourself. You were being suspicious and acting like scum from the start, and now you're failing to change your behaviour or do anything to redeem yourself. TMMadman raised a good point about how your list has people on it in different rankings, depending on whether they do what you want or not. The only way you could be so sure about all this is if you're Scum.

I mentioned this earlier as well, but the logic in this post doesn't make sense either! Wouldn't it make far more sense for Lumpen, as Scum, to change his behavior to deflect the large amount of heat and votes he was drawing? It's a weak argument to continue to try and push the Lumpen-as-Scum narrative, and it doesn't work for me here. Also, "the only way you could be so sure about all this is if you're Scum" -- but you, yourself, were very sure in your Kashuno-Lumpen Scum Team Theory, were you not? Hmm...

These are pretty much all the opinions you've posted and honestly I don't like any of them! In summation,

##vote Chamale

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

imgay posted:

I'm max

He'll hurt us, alright.

imgay, what evidence do you have that you are Max? Do you have some power to use that lets you prove this?

TMMadman posted:

Imgay and his vote for Kash is opportunistic as hell.

imgay posted:

Read a bit, besides all the lumpen talk which didn't amount to much in my opinion, TMM's hedging really irked me, so ##vote TMM

imgay posted:

I'm the strongest town player in the game though

These are posts that make me also suspect imgay, I thought TMM had a good point and he got killed by Scum that very night. Also imgay must die for misquoting the movie:

imgay posted:

What a glorious day

##vote imgay

Rarity posted:

In the interest of encouraging new players to the mafia community I will play.

Guys, here's what you need to do to win:

##vote Opop

Rarity posted:

People who I think we can realistically get are Lumpen and Kash, both of whom would be better lynches.

Especially I don't like how Opop's name has entered the mix out of nowhere. It feels like an apathetic lynch of an easy target pushed by scum on a town without direction.

I'm also a little suspicious of Rarity for voting for Opop, who turned out to be scum, during joke phase. Then when there might have been a bandwagon starting on Opop, Rarity convinced us to go after Kash instead. But I know there was a bandwagon happening, and those who've played with Rarity more might think of this as a matter of personality.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol cham you should reread

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

imgay posted:

I copped rarity last night, they are town or Joe, unless my target got bussed. I copped ernie n1

So you get alignment and flavour?

Why did you choose Rarity?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

hmm.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

imgay posted:

Rarity got bussed alright. I swapped you and Rarity.

You investigate yourself, scum?

Get shredded, imgay.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

imgay posted:

What do you mean by "town or Joe"? Are you a flavor cop as well as an alignment cop or something? Or are you suggesting Godfather? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So you get alignment and flavour?

Why did you choose Rarity?

Why not, I felt it was a worthy target

• Locked thread