Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Tyma posted:

Are you confident enough to bet a picture of Kirk bumming Spock against a naked picture of Sean Lamont?

:toxx:

You are on.

Also, add this to the Australian section of the second post.

Edit: in transfer news, Charles Piutau will be playing for the Wasps until around July next year, after which he'll head over to Ulster. He was set to play for the Blues for the 2016 season, but the NZRU has denied him that.
The Blues have signed 25 year-old former New Zealand Rugby League international Matt Duffie from the Melbourne Storm on a 2-year deal, probably to play at wing/fullback. Duffie was scouted by the Storm in 2008 out of Saint Kentigern College, where he played for the First XV, so he does have some reasonable background in union.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Sep 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Sweet - I get back from a weekend away and see this glorious thread is all setup. Thanks Tyma.

Now to wait for Fiji to cause an upset against the hosts in round one. Making the pool of death even more insane.

Destroyenator
Dec 27, 2004

Don't ask me lady, I live in beer
As a Force supporter who's terrible at following rugby news, this OP was the first I heard that Cummins isn't playing. I mean I had read the squad list but I just missed that he wasn't there. He didn't do much this season but still, what a shame.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Destroyenator posted:

As a Force supporter who's terrible at following rugby news, this OP was the first I heard that Cummins isn't playing. I mean I had read the squad list but I just missed that he wasn't there. He didn't do much this season but still, what a shame.

Hopefully it means someone will let him into their commentary team and we can get more great Honey Badger quotes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
A neutral colour commentator for some of the minor-team games. Talking about the play of people he has no pre-existing opinions of and whose names he can't remember.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Great op Tyma enjoyed it thoroughly.

Ulster fans on their forum are getting all antsy about Piutau now, ever since Xavier Rush pulled out of signing at the last minute some of them have been distrustful of signing Kiwis. There are a few that are convinced he'll never actually make it over here now he's playing for the Wasps, ignoring the fact he signed a contract to come next season in the first place. Fan forums are brilliant places to read the thoughts of headcases.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
My housemate just found plush toys of Leigh Halfpenny, Sam Burton, Jamie Roberts and Mike Phillips in our local Tesco.

Please PM me if you are in need of someone to buy and post you a Mike Phillips doll, for Voodoo purposes.

http://store.wru.co.uk/Mike-Phillips-Hero.html

goatface posted:

A neutral colour commentator for some of the minor-team games. Talking about the play of people he has no pre-existing opinions of and whose names he can't remember.

The greatest Rugby commentary team will forever be the time Eddie Butler fell ill during the game, and had to be replaced with Jonathan Davies and Shane Williams talking to each other for 80 minutes about how neither of them understood how a scrum worked, and couldn't keep track of who was currently winning the game.

Tyma fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Sep 13, 2015

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Tyma posted:

The greatest Rugby commentary team will forever be the time Eddie Butler fell ill during the game, and had to be replaced with Jonathan Davies and Shane Williams talking to each other for 80 minutes about how neither of them understood how a scrum worked, and couldn't keep track of who was currently winning the game.

Wasn't that Andrew Cotter during the Wales - Italy game, who was incredibly sick and Jonathan Davies just sounds bemused and disappointed in him?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I almost spat out my drink.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

Spectacular OP, Tyma.

Question for the ABs fans - who do you think the best haka leader of all time is? I gotta go with Buck. '89 vs Ireland was a classic.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Whoever was the leader in 1973 imo

http://youtu.be/emJyEa4z2Ec

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

ColtMcAsskick posted:

Whoever was the leader in 1973 imo

http://youtu.be/emJyEa4z2Ec

I love that video, they're like a bunch of geezers at a wedding doing the disco.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Thel posted:

Spectacular OP, Tyma.

Question for the ABs fans - who do you think the best haka leader of all time is? I gotta go with Buck. '89 vs Ireland was a classic.

Fun story, Willie Anderson the Ireland captain that day who walked the Irish towards the AB's in the original Haka response once refereed a match I played in in school. He gave his team like 20 penalties and didn't give us any. They lost and he was a big prick. Was a cool response though.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Just finished watching the Pacific Warriors documentary about Samoa, Fiji and Tonga's relationship with rugby and how they play. Really good and I highly recommend folks watch it. Almost makes me want to see Samoa win the group :)

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Vaders Jester posted:

Just finished watching the Pacific Warriors documentary about Samoa, Fiji and Tonga's relationship with rugby and how they play. Really good and I highly recommend folks watch it. Almost makes me want to see Samoa win the group :)

Where could one watch it?

I'm in the US but my computer can be in London, if it's on UK Netflix.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So there's a Rugby World Cup sweepstakes at my work. I've ended up with Apollodorus' team, Canada. :qq:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So Eli Walker is out now with a bung hamstring. Gloucester loose forward Ross Moriarty, who earned both of his test caps in the recent warm-ups, has been called up.

Somebody put Tyma on suicide watch.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34251954

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Destroyenator posted:

:arghfist::(:respek::emo:

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

Vagabundo posted:

So Eli Walker is out now with a bung hamstring. Gloucester loose forward Ross Moriarty, who earned both of his test caps in the recent warm-ups, has been called up.

Somebody put Tyma on suicide watch.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34251954

Tyma, what's the groundkeeper like at Ospreys? The way this is going we might need to call him up by the Australia game.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Apollodorus posted:

Where could one watch it?

I'm in the US but my computer can be in London, if it's on UK Netflix.

I rented it on Amazon video so you should be able to get it there, not sure about Netflix though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

fallingdownjoe posted:

Tyma, what's the groundkeeper like at Ospreys? The way this is going we might need to call him up by the Australia game.

Just pulling guys out of the crowd by the second half.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Allez les Bleus! :france:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

fallingdownjoe posted:

The groundskeeper is an improvement over Eli Walker :neckbeard:

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
You know as much as I want the RWC to be a glorious spectacle of free flowing rugby, tries and excellent defences countered only by superlative attacking ingenuity...

I look at Group A, and deep down, in my heart of hearts (and a large part of my mind to be honest), I want nothing more than to see Wales and Fiji resort to Smashed Em Bro rugby against England, leaving them to limp through into a quarter final where they get annihilated against die bokke in front of their own crowd.

As Andy Robinson once continually gibbered to himself in the stands of Murrayfield: Pass, or do not, there is no try.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wales are going to either play the most boring, negative rugby known to mankind, or throw endless wild passes because their back line can only hold one game-plan in their mind at a time and someone suggested "flair" in the bar last night.

pioneermax
May 25, 2003
Remember, you are not a salmon

goatface posted:

Wales are going to either play the most boring, negative rugby known to mankind, or throw endless wild passes because their back line can only hold one game-plan in their mind at a time and someone suggested "flair" in the bar last night.

Clearly after 8 + years of cement head you really cant be thinking there is a tactical switch in the offing here.

Plus the key component to Gatlandball is fit (Roberts, Lydiate, Warburton, Faletau) so expect lots of channel 1 ball and side to side rucks

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
The Japanese Rugby World Cup twitter has been remembering the previous tournaments in their own special way

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Anyone else doing the ESPN Fantasy Rugby thing for the World Cup? I've made up a team and I can create a league if anyone else is interested.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Aramoro posted:

Anyone else doing the ESPN Fantasy Rugby thing for the World Cup? I've made up a team and I can create a league if anyone else is interested.

Yesssssssss, set it up and dump all the info in a post so I can put it in the OP!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I've created an ESPN Fantasy League for the world cup. you can sign up here.

http://fantasyrugby.espn.co.uk/

and the Pin for the League is 1157482-12650

I'll throw in a Forum Upgrade or Avatar of your choice to the person coming first, their choice.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Joined!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I'm signed up for Fantasy Rugby. I desperately need that new avatar, and it'll free up $5 for me to buy a Mike Phillips voodoo doll.

What a shame it doesn't let us see the other players' teams right now. We all picked Liam Williams, right?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Tyma posted:

I'm signed up for Fantasy Rugby. I desperately need that new avatar, and it'll free up $5 for me to buy a Mike Phillips voodoo doll.

What a shame it doesn't let us see the other players' teams right now. We all picked Liam Williams, right?

Yeah I assume we'll be able to see each others teams at some point.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I'm in!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

It only lets you pick 3 Scotland Players, how will you ever choose?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I'm in! Won't choose my team till tomorrow, but excited to get in on it.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

fallingdownjoe posted:

I'm in! Won't choose my team till tomorrow, but excited to get in on it.

Are you going to any of the Millenium Stadium games this time round?

Semi-mental
Feb 5, 2007
You must be a couple of pansies
Joined. Leigh Halfpenny Memorial XV for SA champions!

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

It only lets you pick 3 Scotland Players, how will you ever choose?

It'll be tough but I think Sean Lamont is in for player of the tournament.

edit: Why would anyone think that pissing off the All Blacks is a good idea? Anger just makes them stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlHS_Mn7nWE

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Vaders Jester posted:

edit: Why would anyone think that pissing off the All Blacks is a good idea? Anger just makes them stronger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlHS_Mn7nWE

I was really hoping no one would post this. The shame! :negative: