Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BurningDance posted:

Here is the key difference between my first encounter and this encounter: I kept the two non-boss ghosts alive. The boss can attack 3 times and one of his skills is a stun. By keeping them alive, the boss can only attack once per turn and that reduced the risk of Jeanne getting stunned which meant more heals to keep my party alive longer.

Yeah, I've noticed this somewhat strange mechanic in some fights, where all monsters seem to share the same pool of attacks, making it a bad idea to kill everything but the strongest one.

This new event looks promising; I really need the mats for 2nd ascensions and haven't found any but the bones. Someone mentioned one of the things I need dropping from the Lamias in the 40AP Master XP daily (I think the snake trophy thing), but I'm Master level 67 almost entirely from repeating that daily and haven't seen a single one. It's not really urgent for anyone except Siegfried right now, since I can always give Archer XP cards to EMIYA once Gilgamesh hits 60 (at least until I get Gilgamesh's ascension items), but it would still be nice to at least begin collecting them.

I'm still not sure how anyone has managed to get some characters to level 80/90. If that one item actually does drop from this Lamias in the Master XP daily, it seems like you would have to be like level 150 or something absurd to get enough (at least extrapolating from the fact that I haven't gotten a single one at 67).

On another note, I think I can manage to scrounge together enough crystals to do a multi-roll before this Fuyuki/Arturia event ends on the off-chance I somehow get Arturia and can put together a truly absurd party of all 5-star servants (her, Gilgamesh, Vlad, Jeanne, and Waver). Heracles would also be fun and useful for grinding dailies (I find that Berserkers are easily the best class when doing content you're confident you can beat, even if they're pretty bad in long fights).

edit: I just looked up those snake trophies, and it looks like they actually drop from Lamias in the Monster Hunt daily, not the Master XP one. I've only done that daily once, so that's really good to know.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Sep 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ytlaya posted:

edit: I just looked up those snake trophies, and it looks like they actually drop from Lamias in the Monster Hunt daily, not the Master XP one. I've only done that daily once, so that's really good to know.

They drop from both. I got my single one while grinding master exp.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Just got Grand Order and it seems pretty cool! I have 1400 of these Friendship Points, should I be saving them, or spending them on the big summon pack right away?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
wait until they get to 2k and then go ahead and blow them

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
They put out more information about the event! They are going to be increasing Nero's drop rate after all, along with Caesar, Romulus, and Altera's.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hahaha holy loving poo poo, I got Arturia on that one multi-roll I planned to do this morning (before the event ending).

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

jellycat posted:

They put out more information about the event! They are going to be increasing Shinji's drop rate after all, along with Red Black Keys', Green Black Keys', and Blue Black Keys'.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

jellycat posted:

They put out more information about the event! They are going to be increasing Nero's drop rate after all, along with Caesar, Romulus, and Altera's.

Yessssss

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Baal posted:

Yessssss

Altera owns, I have a few level 60+ ones in my friend list and she has great damage and a decent NP that's does damage + lowering enemy defense (which is nice for chains). Overall she seems a bit better that Arturia even.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So, uh, how common are these "Download these apps to continue to use BlueStacks" popups?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

That feeling of only needing one more archer monument, but the game dropping like 3 lancer monuments, and now you gotta wait another week to even try again. :negative:

e:

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Sep 15, 2015

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

PunkBoy posted:

So, uh, how common are these "Download these apps to continue to use BlueStacks" popups?

Pretty common, but here's a way to make that poo poo stop.

http://www.technogeekzone.com/2015/02/how-to-stop-bluestacks-from-downloading-apps-in-background-automatically.html

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm excited for increased drops on the roman characters, but I'm one mission away from being done with all the standard missions I can do and having to funnel xp down the throats of characters I haven't used at all

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

jellycat posted:

Oh hell yes! Might finally be able to make team Decadence. Does Caligula come from the quartz gacha, or is he gonna be friendship rolls only?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Caligula is 2*, and only in the friendship gacha. And apparently Nero will be made available even if you haven't cleared Rome and unlocked her normally.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Caligula is 2*, and only in the friendship gacha. And apparently Nero will be made available even if you haven't cleared Rome and unlocked her normally.

Nice, I'm only about halfway through France so it's great to see I'll have a slim chance at Nero.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Baal posted:

having to funnel xp down the throats of characters I haven't used at all
Alternatively, you could burn the silver xp for green gel thing instead.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Schubalts posted:

That feeling of only needing one more archer monument, but the game dropping like 3 lancer monuments, and now you gotta wait another week to even try again. :negative:

e:

I've had enough trouble even getting the normal Archer statues. I got enough to ascend my EMIYA once but I don't have enough to do Jeanne's first ascension :negative:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nyaa posted:

Alternatively, you could burn the silver xp for green gel thing instead.

I need Quartzes, man

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

The game suddenly gotten so much better. Tons of ascension materials X5 from event, servants also drop monument, 5* CE drops in any world map fight, 30 AP event gives 20k exp, and 5.5 millions QP total just from the preliminaries! :woop:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah this Coliseum stuff is fantastic

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
As long as i can get enough gold medals for some homo babies, and get the last berserker monument i need, i might actually be able to ascend Tamamo soon. This event is great.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Where do I turn in Gold Medals. Or do I just keep racking them up and eventually get rewards?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Baal posted:

Where do I turn in Gold Medals. Or do I just keep racking them up and eventually get rewards?
The exchange shop is not up yet. Should be added in later updates.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
What's the drop rate like for monuments in the Nero event, anyway? I've done the 30AP one like 6 or 7 times and i've only gotten medals so far.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That 5* Craft Essence card seems really lovely. One 500HP guts? Really? I could see that on a 4* CE maybe, but not a 5* one. In practice it would probably translate to a couple thousand extra HP (since it basically lets you handle getting hit one more time), and I'd much rather have, for example, the thousands of extra damage that even the +15% card damage CEs give you (much less the 25% 5* ones). Or if you're planning on being defensive, the Kirei +15% defense card seems WAY better. It might be better if you were fighting some boss that could literally one or two-shot high level characters, but if that's the case you're probably hosed to begin with.

It's a shame that you can only exchange for some of the items 10 times (not that I'm sure I'll be able to farm enough for that in the first place, looks like they need a million medals); I have two important servants that will need Forbidden Pages to ascend (Waver and Vlad), and they'll need like ~30 or something between the two of them. On the upside, while looking up ascension materials for different servants I noticed that, if I farm this event, I'll be able to handle Waver's first three ascensions.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
That ability combined with the large HP bonus on the card itself seems to indicate that it's pretty useful for Berserkers, actually.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I agree with -Troika-, it could be better for berserker than +15% defense card . I think stars level on CE doesn't matter much anymore since you can get it in any fight now, so that's one thing less you need to spend medal on.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Rrrgh fighting Waver in the event is so loving annoying. He buffs his def into the stratosphere eventually and you start dealing 2 digit damage to him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

-Troika- posted:

Rrrgh fighting Waver in the event is so loving annoying. He buffs his def into the stratosphere eventually and you start dealing 2 digit damage to him.

I just give one of my servants (Gilgamesh) the Sakura "start with 60% NP" CE and use a support (usually Altera or Arturia) with Sakura/Kaleidoscope and use both NPs on the last turn. It usually kills everyone but Waver and leaves Waver just one or two turns from being killed himself. I also use both Gilgamesh and support Arturia's Charisma (+team attack) or support Altera's "Increase Party NP strength" skill + my master "increase attack" skill to further buff up the NPs.

I just got that Craft Essence from the 30AP Colosseum event. The event gives a lot of support and master XP; that new Arturia I got yesterday is already at support level 2.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 16, 2015

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

-Troika- posted:

Any of the Servants with access to an invulnerability skill(Marie Antoinette comes to mind, but there are others) can likewise be infuriating. I've seen them activate it every other turn before, and I'm not sure if there's anything in their algorithm that totally prevents them from doing it every turn, rather than it just being seemingly low in priority. Her skill also gives a multi-turn regen buff, though thankfully not too much.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

-Troika- posted:

From reddit

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Heh...

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The servers seem to have calmed down now and I have had no further crashes while doing the 30 AP one. This is actually pretty nice for levelling.

e: For those of you who need Dragon Fangs, the 20 AP one isn't a bad place to farm them. It also drops all three medal types.

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 17, 2015

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Finally scraped together enough for a 10 scout. No Nero, but some pretty good consolation prizes. I thought the F/SN drop rate was boosted last event. Seriously though, I lost my poo poo when I saw those golden cardbacks.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Somebody please save me from myself.

Still no monuments though, so i'm kinda doubting they can drop.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Wow, I stopped as soon as I got the Nero's Boobs CE to drop. I'd rather spend my ap on getting the rest of the quartz available.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Trihugger posted:

Finally scraped together enough for a 10 scout. No Nero, but some pretty good consolation prizes. I thought the F/SN drop rate was boosted last event. Seriously though, I lost my poo poo when I saw those golden cardbacks.

Why would you be upset about now Nero when you rolled a Arturia? She's pretty much better in every way. It'd be cool to have both, but you'd be better off leveling the Arturia (I find that 5* servants being able to reach level 60 without any difficult ascension materials is actually a pretty huge advantage, especially if it's a linear or S growth servant that will gain a lot of stats in those extra 10 levels).

Given how much those crystallized essences cost for the Colosseum event, the 220 medals Freak Futanari has farmed so far isn't really that much; you'd need 700 to maximize all the gold medal rewards (minus the Nero CE, since you'd probably get that while farming). I currently have just 99 medals; I've gotten kicked to the title screen two of the times I tried to do the 30AP stage and still lost all the AP.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The fun thing is that i barely even care about the medals; the 30AP daily is a great source of master EXP, and i'm still living in the dream that it can give me the last zerker monument i need.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Question - when leveling up craft essences is it a good idea to feed lower star ones to other lower star ones and then feed those to the one you want to level, or you should just feed your craft essence a bunch of level 1 1-3* craft essences?