Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Actually never mind. I parked my 20 mph car outside a garage, went in to look for a welder, and some zombie managed to immediately blow it up. Now I'm probably going to die to the big crowd I gathered by driving slooowly into the center of town.

e: related to this situation: The LAW rocket launcher claims to do 2500 damage, but it barely scratched a zombie hulk (or me, since I was in the larger-than-expected blast radius). Is it bugged or did I do something wrong?

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Sep 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Actually never mind. I parked my 20 mph car outside a garage, went in to look for a welder, and some zombie managed to immediately blow it up. Now I'm probably going to die to the big crowd I gathered by driving slooowly into the center of town.

e: related to this situation: The LAW rocket launcher claims to do 2500 damage, but it barely scratched a zombie hulk (or me, since I was in the larger-than-expected blast radius). Is it bugged or did I do something wrong?

You probably missed and just hit it with the AoE.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Thanks to the unstable genome trait, I'm currently an albino with leaves. So I can feed myself by standing out in the sun, but I'll also be in constant agony from the sunburns. :supaburn:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Will an umbrella help with the one without impacting the other? :v:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Well, I know also have bionic solar panels and the "light sensitive" mutation (which reduces all your stats for being in the sun). So I guess the game really likes this idea.

I haven't tried an unbrella yet, though.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Get point blank then fire it son. MAN MODE.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hmmm, I was just thinking about how vehicles in this have damage protection for segments if destroying them would cause floating parts. I wonder if designing a vehicle with a floating ring or spiral of frames around it would work for an indestructible bumper.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Hmmm, I was just thinking about how vehicles in this have damage protection for segments if destroying them would cause floating parts. I wonder if designing a vehicle with a floating ring or spiral of frames around it would work for an indestructible bumper.

Yes. Someone posted such a vehicle earlier in the thread.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How much earlier? There's a lot of pages.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Basically, building a floating ring of wire connected to the rear of your vehicle is broken as hell.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

How much earlier? There's a lot of pages.

Page 162.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Artificer posted:

You probably missed and just hit it with the AoE.

Actually fairly realistic for an anti tank weapon given that they tend to be designed to direct the bulk of their power at the thing they hit, not in the explosive radius, which tends to be a bit of a side effect.

Obviously a human would probably not have a good time in the explosion but it might not do much to a roided out megazombie.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Just in time.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Actually fairly realistic for an anti tank weapon given that they tend to be designed to direct the bulk of their power at the thing they hit, not in the explosive radius, which tends to be a bit of a side effect.

Obviously a human would probably not have a good time in the explosion but it might not do much to a roided out megazombie.

Yeah, Anti-Tank weapons are generally shaped charges. A AT weapon plowing into the ground right next to a dug in tank with its tracks covered by dirt probably won't do much iirc. So yeah a roided out megazombie probably could shrug it off.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

"I am never doing that again."

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

hubris.cpp

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Good Life Decisions: The Game

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Don't do drugs, kids.

The "stats through skills" mod is pretty cool.

edit: poo poo, I think my unstable genome mutated away my robust genetics while I wasn't looking. Now I'm radioactive.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Sep 11, 2015

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

edit: poo poo, I think my unstable genome mutated away my robust genetics while I wasn't looking. Now I'm radioactive.
that can't be good

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Man, way to do it all wrong. You first become radioactive from a burst of gamma rays, then you hulk out. :v:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Guh, corrosive and spitter zombies are still ludicrous. I'm wearing swimming booties (acid protection 9) and heavy survivor boots (acid protection 6) and I still can't get through a fight with one without losing a quarter or more of my leg health.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

God drat spawning near an anthill makes the first winter trivial. I've got more meat than I know what to do with (I should probably get construction up so I can get a charcoal smoker) off like an hour of hunting. Also small game arrows don't do anything to ants, so I can spam out all my arrows and level up archery quick too.

E: Or not on the smoking, rock charcoal kiln needs a real shovel, the digging stick isn't enough. Completely forgot about the stone shovel, smoked meats here I come.

E2: Got my charcoal kiln and smoker set up none too soon, I found this about 8 tiles south of my start:

It's Meatopia :allears:

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Sep 13, 2015

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Just spend 12 in-game hours dehydrating a massive pile of tainted veggies, only to find out that dehydrated tainted veggy can't be used to craft mutagen (or anything else, for that matter). If I just left it all as-is it would be fine.

garth ferengi
Dec 20, 2009

Just closed some kind of rope and pulley barn door down on myself

The game kept telling me "something hurts! stop what you are doing?" and I had no idea what the problem could be so I squashed myself over and over again until I almost died

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

garth ferengi posted:

Just closed some kind of rope and pulley barn door down on myself

The game kept telling me "something hurts! stop what you are doing?" and I had no idea what the problem could be so I squashed myself over and over again until I almost died

Reminds me of garage doors, they work much the same way if you do the dumb thing and stand where they'll squish you. Make sure you are definitely inside buildings before pulling any kind of switch or lever!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

I once killed a horde of zombies chasing me by opening and closing some pharmacy shutters repeatedly

Good loving times

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzawEo8A-gw&t=187s

E: Oh and the final tally from Meatopia above? ~350 meat stockpiled by the middle of the 2nd season. (LMOE start, so Winter was 1st season.)

goatsestretchgoals fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Sep 14, 2015

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

I didn't know it was possible to hit that hard.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

hydraulic muscles are basically the best thing ever and anyone who says otherwise just isn't having enough fun.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Yaknow, this game needs some more mad max.

I wanna use some black powder, a tin can, some rebar and spikes to make a fuckin' thunderstick and run around throwing them into people.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Game could honestly do with being more like Mad Max. Make untouched houses a rarity and emphasise travel/vehicles.

I want to ram a Mi-Go off the road.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Start playing with burning building start and untouched houses will be a rarity.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

The problem is the current way it is would mean I'd need to survive long enough to find a full set of proper tools just to rip scrap metal off cars and spend four years sharpening sticks or read a book by a stick sharpening guru in order to graduate to the stick sharpening skills required to stick a primer on a grenade than tape it to a stick.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

Anticheese posted:

Game could honestly do with being more like Mad Max. Make untouched houses a rarity and emphasise travel/vehicles.

I want to ram a Mi-Go off the road.

You already CAN. Shoggoths too.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

The Mi-Go in this case would also be driving. :colbert:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

idea: Mad Bomber trait that lowers the required skill to make most traps and explosives with the caveat that if you don't witness explosions and fires enough you become depressed

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Motherfucker posted:

The problem is the current way it is would mean I'd need to survive long enough to find a full set of proper tools just to rip scrap metal off cars and spend four years sharpening sticks or read a book by a stick sharpening guru in order to graduate to the stick sharpening skills required to stick a primer on a grenade than tape it to a stick.
It's a single-player game. Cheat.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

I got pretty much all my building/crafting skills up into the 5s in about 2 seasons on my current LMOE start without any relevant books. (Basement spawned with throwing and bartering books...yay.) You can get a full metalworking setup going with just rocks and Construction 5, minus any of the recipes that need welding goggles.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Angry Diplomat posted:

Good Life Decisions: The Game

This thing has a stable speed of over 250 kilometres per hour. If I really crank it to the limit, I can go over 500 before the engine starts to poo poo the bed. It's an expanded bicycle with a loud as gently caress unmuffled V8 engine bodged in and its wheels replaced with tires stolen from a cop car. 90% of it is held together with duct tape.

gently caress spiked rams, dual V12s, and homemade War Rigs - this is quite possibly the most Mad Max thing I have ever built in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazermaniac
Sep 2, 2007
Do not stare into beam with remaining eye.
Anyone else encounter itchy skin? My character's head is itching and it occasionally interrupts actions. I'm worried it'll gently caress me up in some spectacular way while driving... Also, my guy is slowly turning into Master Splinter - poison/disease resistant, fast healing and metabolism, ratlike muzzle, long fingernails, and 11 points in both bashing and general meelee.