Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
##unvote

##vote Nth

Let's loving do it, then. If we're all convinced that I'm scum for getting buddy with Nth, let's test that conviction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
And I'm gonna go smoke before I blow a gasket, I'll be back in a minute.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

2/4. If both of you are town, you've just given scum the win-the-game button, guys.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You mean if the three of us are town. I don't think so.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Thing I said in defense of Grandi being town:

Nth Doctor posted:

Grandi nearly got lynched and claimed a power role that matches my lived experience with no counterclaim.
This leads me to believe Grandi is probably town rather than there being 2+ scum power roles in a game with 3 scum.

Thing I asked because the possibility bothered me:

Nth Doctor posted:

How common is it to have a scum jailer?
Hal opened the possibility that I had been dismissing:

Hal Incandenza posted:

jailer is probably scum as much at town

I voted Grandi before I got an answer because I've been getting badgered about writing stuff and never making a vote. So I made a vote to get some skin in that game.
Hal's comment about jailer being just as often a scum role as town helped convince me.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

I voted Grandi before I got an answer because I've been getting badgered about writing stuff and never making a vote. So I made a vote to get some skin in that game.
Hal's comment about jailer being just as often a scum role as town helped convince solidify it for me.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Amoeba102 posted:

You mean if the three of us are town. I don't think so.

Yeah, I get that you are either scum and know I'm town, a case for which I have no evidence, or that you're town and think I'm scum for which you have enough evidence to convince yourself based on my weird posting.

I'm coming from the position that I think you're town and have evidence to convince yourself and it's incredibly frustrating for me to know I'm town in that situation.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm feeling so unconvinced of everything.

Whoever the scum are, they're making very genuine sounding posts and I'm just at such a loss.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Asiina, why are you softening on Nth and Lunatic?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mostly end of the day shenanigans where everyone seemed more than willing to move their votes around and I found myself on votes with two of my other scum choices.

Plus I had my reads, but even though the content the last few days have been good, there was a lot of non-content days and I don't feel super confident now that we are in LYLO and have to get it right.

We know because of the rules of LYLO that at least one of Nth, Amoeba and Lunatic is scum, but that's not particularly useful. All that tells me is that Hal and Grandi aren't scum together.

Basically I'm just really mad at myself for missing deadline because now we have LYLO with no information from the previous day which was pretty active and which I was hoping to be able to get some information out of when we had the opportunity to be wrong.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Amoeba, it seems very much like you're dead set on ending me today. I get that. I said before: you seem townie.
I've made weird posts and come to conclusions at odds with myself because a lot of the stuff I post is WIP. In my first game I was town and partnered up with Gamerofthegame. Gamer, on repeatedly noting my tendency to lurk out of fear of saying something that could be interpreted as scummy told me this: "Really, mafia isn't hard. If you're worrying about the content of your post then you actually are scum, you scumbag!!!!"

So lately I haven't been as worried about the content of my posts because hey: not scum.

Your basis for voting me today was because I said I thought Grandi was town, and shortly later voted him. That is suspicious, but as I explained: the biggest reason I thought Grandi was town was because I didn't think scum roleblockers were a common thing, then Hal pointed out otherwise to help see why my thinking may not be conclusive.

This whole game I thought you've been doing excellently and you've also given me advice occasionally, like this tidbit:

Amoeba102 posted:

Gut. He sounds fake. Reading his posts in isolation in his post history they don't sound that bad, but when I read them in context of the thread, they just don't seem to fit in naturally. Click through on the below quotes and see if you get the sense I get. The language is either off, or the timing comes off as opportunistic. The first quote below it's like he's just jumping in for the sake of jumping in. Second is a really weird town call. Third just seems, too purposed.

arguing that I should vote Grand like you did here:

Amoeba102 posted:

##vote Grandicap

we even had further conversation about your convincing me to vote Grand:

Nth Doctor posted:

That could be, but doesn't necessarily explain the posts WRT Jake.

Amoeba102 posted:

No, still vote him.

I felt pretty good about seemingly being taken under your wing in that discussion.

The next day you were even the first vote on Slamburger which was a pretty nice lynch.

Amoeba102 posted:

##vote Slamburger a lurker call out in his last post. gently caress that.

Again you tried to get specifically me to vote your way:

Amoeba102 posted:

Yeah, Nth defend yourself later. We should prune this game now.

So we have you giving me some advice and urging me to follow along. That's good in a lot of ways, and helps show a wet-behind-the-ears player how things get done. drat good of you.

What's another possibility?
I noted yesterday, as did Lunatic, that no one seriously voiced suspicions that you may be scum.

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I trust Amoeba. Amoeba, if you're scum, you're doing a good job and you should admit it so I can congratulate you.

Hal's alternate theory presented today has you in a scum role:

Hal Incandenza posted:

My alternate theory would be asiina and amoeba playing a sneaky good scum game. Amoeba would be ok with bussing worthless teammate Slamburger.

So if you're scum a good play may be: find a weak town player and cozy up to them throughout the course of the game. Try to get them with you on some key votes. As Hal pointed out: bussing a worthless member of your own team could be a great move.

Then when it gets down to LYLO: go after that weak player in the hopes they couldn't mount solid arguments against someone with far more experience in the game.

I reckon Hal knows you and your play a hell of a lot better than I would.

You're going after me tonight because I voted Grandi late last night in an effort to get a consensus together before the deadline. After voting Grandi yourself at least once seriously during the course of the game. Maybe twice, I haven't checked which game day 9/4 fell on. I think D1.

Maybe it's because it's my rear end and also the game for town on the line but I'm starting to see Hal's point that you could be scum. Maybe it's an artifact of over-analyzing our interactions throughout the game but it fits.

##vote amoeba
If you win this lynchvote to kill me, I will flip town and town loses.
If I get this through and you flip town, town loses. If you flip scum: town gets more time to unfuck ourselves.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal's post about me and Asiina is a paranoia-type comment. The idea that I'm scum because I'm not suspicious is not logical.

Nth, you know what you could have done yesterday? Hammer sledge instead of trying to move the vote with 4 minutes to deadline.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Amoeba102 posted:

Nth, you know what you could have done yesterday? Hammer sledge instead of trying to move the vote with 4 minutes to deadline.

True, I could have hammered someone for whom I had a vague feeling of towniness, rather than court three people who were actively posting at that time.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Nth Doctor posted:

True, I could have hammered someone for whom I had a vague feeling of towniness, rather than court three people who were actively posting at that time.

And try to swing the vote to the person unable to defend themselves due to technical issues. My vote is effectively on Nth while I reread.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Assuming that there are 2 scum means that this is MYLO. With claimed power roles doesn't it make sense to no lynch today? I can try to block the kill and if you believe Nth is town (I don't), he could theoretically catch the dude doing the kill.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

##vote amoeba
If you win this lynchvote to kill me, I will flip town and town loses.
If I get this through and you flip town, town loses. If you flip scum: town gets more time to unfuck ourselves.

##unvote
On reflection, my vote on Amoeba was driven by frustration, late night paranoia, and self aggrandizement.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay I'm not at all confident in it, but I don't see myself getting more confident and this game just needs to end.

##vote Nth

Amoeba and/or Hal if you're scum you've played a good game.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Why are we not no lynching? Am I not seeing the downside in this situation? This seems like the perfect situation to no lynch and come back tomorrow with either more information or a reduced pool of possible scums or both.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay fine, let's just do something this is stagnating again.

##vote no lynch

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

No executing is the opposite of doing something.

We're just going to lose one more town voice and be in the same position as we are now, essentially.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Grandicap posted:

Why are we not no lynching? Am I not seeing the downside in this situation? This seems like the perfect situation to no lynch and come back tomorrow with either more information or a reduced pool of possible scums or both.

And one less town voice. We're not going to have a reduced pool of scum because someone towny is going to be killed and you'll still be looking at the same suspects. And we're not going to necessarily get any new information. We're just kicking the can down the road and the life out of this game.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Grandicap posted:

Assuming that there are 2 scum means that this is MYLO. With claimed power roles doesn't it make sense to no lynch today? I can try to block the kill and if you believe Nth is town (I don't), he could theoretically catch the dude doing the kill.

Speaking of blocking, did you block me again last night?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

And one less town voice. We're not going to have a reduced pool of scum because someone towny is going to be killed and you'll still be looking at the same suspects. And we're not going to necessarily get any new information. We're just kicking the can down the road and the life out of this game.

We have a tracker and roleblocker claim, let's see what happens.

Also maybe I'll die and it won't be my problem anymore.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If it's what you want to do, fine. But I'm will not be a part of it. Not since I lost a game no executing at MYLO.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Asiina posted:

Also maybe I'll die and it won't be my problem anymore.

That's the spirit.

Amoeba102 posted:

If it's what you want to do, fine. But I'm will not be a part of it. Not since I lost a game no executing at MYLO.
Instead you want to mis-lynch and lose. :shrug:

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I want to lynch scum and win.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Amoeba102 posted:

I want to lynch scum and win.

Samesies. Let's do that. Friends?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Sure we can be friends.

Who do you think are scum?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Amoeba102 posted:

Sure we can be friends.

Who do you think are scum?
Here's part of what I wrote yesterday:

Nth Doctor posted:

Things I believe:
I've felt twigged by Hal.
I've felt twigged by Asiina.

Hal and Asiina have been friendtagonizing each other all game
Both Hal and Asiina have voted on each other
Both Hal and Asiina voted Slamburger after Amoeba started it.

I've tried to track Asiina twice and the action has failed both times. I considered tracking Hal on... N3? I ended up deciding to go with TPS instead due to low post count.

I thought about when you and I were suspected from the fooling around we did on D1 joke phase of being scum putting on a skit for the entertainment of the rest of the thread. Having a publicly light-antagonistic relationship seems like it could be a good tactic to throw townie suspicion off of working together.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You felt that yesterday, what do you feel now? The same?

(Let's try to get some posting momentum going so we might have a game going.)

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Amoeba102 posted:

You felt that yesterday, what do you feel now? The same?

(Let's try to get some posting momentum going so we might have a game going.)

I haven't seen a ton of evidence to the contrary. I wish I had been able to get a tracker off on Asiina.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Like if I'm going to talk about reads, I feel that you and Lunatic are the scum team and I'm willing to stake the game on it. I implicitly trust Hal. Grandicap would have hammered if he were scum. Asiina hasn't acted opportunistically.
My reads on you and Lunatic aren't a process of elimination either. Nth, you've flipped on your own reads on Grandicap too easily that they couldn't have been genuine, and you pitched alast minute vote switch at the risk of no executing. Lunatic likewise had a weak vote on you, which didn't feel like there was any conviction in it and then he swapped to Grandicap.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Nth Doctor posted:

Speaking of blocking, did you block me again last night?

Yes I did.

##vote no lynch

This is happening, someone else vote it to make it official so the game can go to night and not stagnate any more than it needs to.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Do you no longer trust Nth's tracker claim?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

Do you no longer trust Nth's tracker claim?

I trust that he is a tracker. It seems like a silly thing to lie about. He has successfully identified when I blocked him, so he definitely has an active role. There were kills on the nights that I blocked him so he is not the killer. I still think he is scum though.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So you went after the tracker instead of trying to get the guy doing the kills? Or did you think they were going to try and fake you out?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

So you went after the tracker instead of trying to get the guy doing the kills? Or did you think they were going to try and fake you out?

The second thing. I thought, since I talked about how I was picking my block targets in thread, that it would make sense to not follow the same choice as I would have before. Additionally, with the likelyhood of additional powerroles being close to nonexistent, I thought they (the scum) might use the tracker to perform the kill on the assumption that I wouldn't block him. I WIFOMed the gently caress out of the night action.

In the end the poison is in both cups (The Killer is a Hitman(that's the one that goes through blocks right?))

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Not sure. Thought Hitman went through protections. I don't know of a role that makes your action un-roleblockable.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

Not sure. Thought Hitman went through protections. I don't know of a role that makes your action un-roleblockable.

Whatever, that was the aside in my post, not the meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Juggernaut?

• Locked thread