Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

I copped rarity last night, they are town or Joe, unless my target got bussed. I copped ernie n1

flavor arg but you're assuming Joe is a godfather, correct?

I'd buy that flavor arg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

Rarity got bussed alright. I swapped you and Rarity.

You investigate yourself, scum?

Get shredded, imgay.

:eyepop:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

I swapped Rarity and imgay.

Honk honk.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

There's the People Eater himself.

Those two posts right before I hit send on mine are obviously very important. imgay claims to be a cop, but that's a role that can be faked, so I'm still suspicious of him. He claims to have investigated Ernie, who is now dead, and Rarity, who I just mentioned my suspicions on for the first time. That's an awfully convenient pair of people he claims to have investigated. He obviously wants them to be plausible, but to make me look bad by saying that Rarity is probably not Scum.

Someone Awful! accuses me of being Scum, which is fair, I know a lot of people suspect me. My posting has been weird because I'm doing a gimmick that has been difficult to keep up; the first sentence of all of my posts is a quote from my character, The Splendid Angharad. My role gives me the power to double vote, which cannot be faked.

##double imgay

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chamale posted:

There's the People Eater himself.

Those two posts right before I hit send on mine are obviously very important. imgay claims to be a cop, but that's a role that can be faked, so I'm still suspicious of him. He claims to have investigated Ernie, who is now dead, and Rarity, who I just mentioned my suspicions on for the first time. That's an awfully convenient pair of people he claims to have investigated. He obviously wants them to be plausible, but to make me look bad by saying that Rarity is probably not Scum.

Someone Awful! accuses me of being Scum, which is fair, I know a lot of people suspect me. My posting has been weird because I'm doing a gimmick that has been difficult to keep up; the first sentence of all of my posts is a quote from my character, The Splendid Angharad. My role gives me the power to double vote, which cannot be faked.

##double imgay

:eyepop:

are you required to gimmick post

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Foo posted:

ayy lmao ##vote :quig:

Voting an emote isn't registering on votefinder.org, not even as a "Someone's voted and I can't recognise who they're voting for!" thing for me to resolve. Also please bold your day actions in future because it makes them easier for me to spot. (don't edit that one, obviously)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
With a double vote you usually need to actually vote twice.

Can we hold off on hammering though. D2 was really quick and not everyone got to post. Let's let people talk today.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So you are saying I've confirmed my self as town? How is that shredded. Of course there's a godfather in a game with multiple players able to cop. I'm assuming gf Joe from game flavour.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Agh. I really need to read the latest developments in the thread before hitting submit reply. Also, I forgot to bold my vote in the last post. And to answer Captain Foo, I'm not required to gimmick post, I just felt like it because I'm a huge Fury Road dork. I know the double-voting role is not always Town-aligned, but it usually is.

##double imgay

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Colonel Corazon posted:

I swapped Rarity and imgay.

Honk honk.

People usually don't get told when they are bussed, so if its true he would have investigated himself without knowing.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Chamale posted:

Agh. I really need to read the latest developments in the thread before hitting submit reply. Also, I forgot to bold my vote in the last post. And to answer Captain Foo, I'm not required to gimmick post, I just felt like it because I'm a huge Fury Road dork. I know the double-voting role is not always Town-aligned, but it usually is.

##double imgay

Why are you double voting imgay

he's saying he got a Town result, if he was bussed to identify himself, it means he just read himself as Town

I'm not understanding any of the imgay votes right now to be honest?!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Stop voting everyone, so we can talk more.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The pm I got was that my target was town. Early double vote with empty case is a mad lovely thing to do

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Someone Awful! posted:

he's saying he got a Town result, if he was bussed to identify himself, it means he just read himself as Town

I thought he was scum yesterday for lightly defending Opop, but I'm suspicious of the double vote. If imgay is town then he's a good mislynch target for scum, especially now that he has claimed cop.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

##unvote

Talking is good. I only vaguely understand my role anyways.

I've got my eye on you, imgay. :catstare:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay posted:

The pm I got was that my target was town. Early double vote with empty case is a mad lovely thing to do

What was your result on Ernie? What were your thoughts when AC claimed cop?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

For curiosity reasons: Chamale, are you able to move your double vote, or is it locked once you use it?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not town on ernie but he flipped Miller, I'm on phone, but I mentioned my feelings on apostate yesterday

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

So double voting is a possible scum action?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SirSamVimes posted:

Voting an emote isn't registering on votefinder.org, not even as a "Someone's voted and I can't recognise who they're voting for!" thing for me to resolve. Also please bold your day actions in future because it makes them easier for me to spot. (don't edit that one, obviously)

##vote imgay

##unvote

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Yes, it could be a role given to scum or town.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Someone Awful! posted:

Tie him up! I'm saying that imgay is Scum who lied about being a cop. I don't think a real cop would have investigated Rarity on the second night, and I suspect imgay is falsely claiming to be a cop. If I understand the rules correctly, he can lie about being a cop, but I can't lie about my power to vote twice. I'm Angharad, the defacto leader of the wives, so I get two votes.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

With a double vote you usually need to actually vote twice.

SirSamVimes told me how to do it in the role PM, and it appears to have registered correctly.

Someone Awful! posted:

For curiosity reasons: Chamale, are you able to move your double vote, or is it locked once you use it?

I'm able to unvote if I want to. I'll unvote for now so we can discuss things, but I still think imgay is a lying Scum and not a cop.

##undouble

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

So double voting is a possible scum action?

anything is possible but i would slot into "highly unlikely," it can be extremely powerful and effectively shortens the game by a day in favor of scum

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every role can be either, I was a scum doctor in hotsfia

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Chamale, why is imgay scum? Is there anyone else you think is scum?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

Every role can be either, I was a scum doctor in hotsfia

could there be a Scum Mille:suicide:

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Either way, it makes sense to hold off on imgay this round, since we basically have one of two possible results if we wait:

-He gets murdered by Scum since he's outed himself as a Cop, which vindicates his story (albeit posthumously).

-He doesn't get murdered, which means that it's pretty likely that he's scum and is lying.

I'm not sure who to vote for at the moment, but it does make sense to vote for someone other tham imgay at the moment (Though I do still kinda suspect him after some of his posts re: Lumpen, especially after it was already confirmed that Lumpen was a Mason). And hey, we can always lynch him tomorrow! (If he doesn't get murdered)

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lumpen was suspecting chamale, which would give chamale a reason to kill him.

Chamale posted:

These are posts that make me also suspect imgay, I thought TMM had a good point and he got killed by Scum that very night. Also imgay must die for misquoting the movie

TMM wasn't killed by scum.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Chamale posted:

Tie him up! I'm saying that imgay is Scum who lied about being a cop. I don't think a real cop would have investigated Rarity on the second night, and I suspect imgay is falsely claiming to be a cop. If I understand the rules correctly, he can lie about being a cop, but I can't lie about my power to vote twice. I'm Angharad, the defacto leader of the wives, so I get two votes.

Fair enough, though why wouldn't you investigate Rarity? Other than imgay, who are you suspicious of?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Either way, it makes sense to hold off on imgay this round, since we basically have one of two possible results if we wait:

-He gets murdered by Scum since he's outed himself as a Cop, which vindicates his story (albeit posthumously).

-He doesn't get murdered, which means that it's pretty likely that he's scum and is lying.

I'm not sure who to vote for at the moment, but it does make sense to vote for someone other tham imgay at the moment (Though I do still kinda suspect him after some of his posts re: Lumpen, especially after it was already confirmed that Lumpen was a Mason). And hey, we can always lynch him tomorrow! (If he doesn't get murdered)

so who do you want to lynch today

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

Lumpen was suspecting chamale, which would give chamale a reason to kill him.

TMM wasn't killed by scum.

good catch

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Chamale posted:

There is nothing in the rules about lying about powers. No faking day actions means that you can't pretend to DO the power that you don't have because it just confuses the game while people wait for the mod to resolve/not resolve it. Someone could lie about being a double voter, but it would be very easy to catch them out seeing as they'd be unable to actually do said double vote.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chamale posted:

SirSamVimes told me how to do it in the role PM, and it appears to have registered correctly.

I'm able to unvote if I want to. I'll unvote for now so we can discuss things, but I still think imgay is a lying Scum and not a cop.

##undouble

why wouldn't rarity be investigated? she was at the center of a lot of discussion

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I should be protected at night, the fact that no one counterclaimed max should be enough

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

imgay posted:

I should be protected at night, the fact that no one counterclaimed max should be enough

We can wait and see. :colbert:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Maybe reread me yesterday with me being a cop in mind

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

##unvote

Talking is good. I only vaguely understand my role anyways.

you pick two people, all actions that target one return their results on the other, vice versa

and nobody knows that there's a busdrive except for you

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay posted:

You're not on my list of people I want to vote anymore today.

People should look at Rarity and the points I made on her D1.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rarity posted:

It's not about pushing for lynches or anything like that. My read on you is based on your assertive tone and extensive flaunting of your mafia experience. This is a newbie heavy game and I think you're trying to get the newbies to fall in line with your way of thinking so you can take the role of town leader. Yes, content game is good and useful but it's early days so relying on it now to drive content looks like a crutch because you want to push the game in the direction you want instead of letting it develop naturally. I also don't like you praising my mafia ability, I never trust flattery.

As for Kash, there's no need to get on his back over that vote cause I doubt it's a serious one. Mine however, is.

##vote Lumpen

Good day!

ok f_v i see where you're coming from. rarity had some of the same things i had to say about not pushing for lynches except for the fact that she sees it as scummy behavior

i don't care abotu the contentgame slapfight at all, it wasn't trying to be used at a time it was activley unhelpful; otoh most people were just using it as a pseudoextension of jokephase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Captain Foo posted:

so who do you want to lynch today

I'm not sure! I'm gonna try to re-read this thread tonight and try to get some ideas going. I've got some ideas, but I don't want to make a knee-jerk claim when there's still plenty of time to discuss the vote. May not be able to go over it as much as I'd like tonight though, got a poo poo-ton to read for my classes tomorrow.

imgay posted:

This is also a good point. Is there anyone willing to counterclaim Max?

• Locked thread