Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lmao vlad trying to get at this kid and somehow gets made to look like the biggest clown in that room. im a slim jesus fan now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

"Jay Rock Jay Rock we just got the initial projections of your first week sales"
"Oh word?"
"100k records!"
"Wow that's unbelievable, I guess the label was right, building up all this hype and keeping me on the shelf for four years is really gonna pay off. Wow that's incredible"
"Just kidding you're expected to sell 14 thousand because we have the worst management in the industry!"
"Haha oh maaaaan"

"your poo poo was even delayed on atrilli"

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Slime Season is good, but if I'm gonna listen to a compilation of Thugger leaks I'd rather just make my own playlist tbh

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

HorseRenoir posted:

Slime Season is good, but if I'm gonna listen to a compilation of Thugger leaks I'd rather just make my own playlist tbh

we got a hot take here folks

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

the best part of slime season is that he put take kare on it

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hi jay rock, its your cool and competent management calling with your album sales figures. the good news is you sold 17.5 times the amount that gunplays album did. The bad news is the same thing

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
itshappening.gif

https://twitter.com/1future/status/644355141571756032

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Underachievers album is streaming on NPR http://www.npr.org/2015/09/16/440337033/first-listen-underachievers-evermore-the-art-of-duality

e: they finally topped Indigoism

HorseRenoir fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Sep 17, 2015

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

new mac is rlly good

DonnieBravo
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Yeah Mac really hit it out of the park, I've been listening on repeat for a few days and even though its a longish album it never gets stale. The beat on Time Flies gets me going everytime. Also out of Montreal is this tape I've been blasting in the car too, Wasiu with MTLiens. His flow is different on every track but all the beats are insane. My town repping big.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pffTR8vBLk0

This Aint Toronto

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/wasiu-mtliens-new-mixtape.115999.html

The tape. Really can't recommend this enough.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

ye previewed a new track and goddamnnit i cant wait for the album or atleast a studio release of wolves

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao at the first track on Slime Season having a Lil Wayne feature

YES. Future x Drake mixtape could be special.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Hi jay rock, its your cool and competent management calling with your album sales figures. the good news is you sold 17.5 times the amount that gunplays album did. The bad news is the same thing

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

"Jay Rock Jay Rock we just got the initial projections of your first week sales"
"Oh word?"
"100k records!"
"Wow that's unbelievable, I guess the label was right, building up all this hype and keeping me on the shelf for four years is really gonna pay off. Wow that's incredible"
"Just kidding you're expected to sell 14 thousand because we have the worst management in the industry!"
"Haha oh maaaaan"

lmao

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

YES. Future x Drake mixtape could be special.

Honestly what do people think Drake could contribute musically besides the number for Noah 40 Shebib? It's cool for Future just due to the exposure and whatever, but I don't see how it won't just make half of every song skippable or just worse than if it were Future solo.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Drakes good

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

alansmithee posted:

Honestly what do people think Drake could contribute musically besides the number for Noah 40 Shebib? It's cool for Future just due to the exposure and whatever, but I don't see how it won't just make half of every song skippable or just worse than if it were Future solo.

please think before you come for the great one

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

alansmithee posted:

drake is cool

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cool and good

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

if yolur reading this its too late was a good album even if drake didnt write it and the only way it could be better is if future were on every track so i dont see any reason not to get excited

e: also is the new underachievers actually good or is it just like 'woooahh drugs dude free your mind 9/11 inside job' for 45 minutes

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

lol @ hating on drake in 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPEJFyD--ck

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

40 lbs to freedom posted:

e: also is the new underachievers actually good or is it just like 'woooahh drugs dude free your mind 9/11 inside job' for 45 minutes

I am also curious about this

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

calling your name is insane. young thug album when

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

lol

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

seriously tho who would of though mac fuckin miller would drop the aoty

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Budget Prefuse posted:

calling your name is insane. young thug album when

he's touring in support of the new album starting tonight, so presumedly pretty soon!! I hope!!

DonnieBravo
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Profondo Rosso posted:

Completely serious, me. I was waiting for this record for awhile and YES IT DELIVERED.

Also, WASIU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxY0rmd-qWw

^^^
edit: probably the worst track on the tape but youtube doesn't have poo poo for him.

DonnieBravo fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 17, 2015

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

alansmithee posted:

I'm right here with ya even if nobody else is.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

alansmithee posted:

future has run 2015 and drake hasnt done anything too interesting since 2012 I think

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

alansmithee posted:

With you on the future part, but you totally whiffed on the Drake part.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.

ol yeller posted:

future has run 2015 and drake hasnt done anything too interesting since 2012 I think

Name the last greatest beef then. Drake and meek, sure it took place on the internet but drake went in

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Like him or not drakes got the best selling album of the year other than Taylor swift and it's not even an album, its a drat tape. Future may be making a lot of great music but a whole tape with drake would really propel him further

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

novamute posted:

I'm right here with ya even if nobody else is.

Same, drake is boring

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I hope 40s saving the good stuff for the next album because his only production on the tape was garbage. Madonna I think

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Drake and the weeknd are both garbage gently caress the 6ix

Except for that one dude linked in here during our "post new people" day

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Anaranjado posted:

Like him or not drakes got the best selling album of the year other than Taylor swift and it's not even an album, its a drat tape. Future may be making a lot of great music but a whole tape with drake would really propel him further

Yeah I mentioned it would be great exposure, but idc about exposure really since i'll already check out for Future stuff.

Maybe he'd be ok on hooks but tbh I think I'd just rather Future handle that. Like I honestly don't see what Drake adds at all-the song they have on DS2 is ok but that's 100% due to Future. Drake's just a boring-rear end whiny rapper.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

alansmithee posted:

Yeah I mentioned it would be great exposure, but idc about exposure really since i'll already check out for Future stuff.

Maybe he'd be ok on hooks but tbh I think I'd just rather Future handle that. Like I honestly don't see what Drake adds at all-the song they have on DS2 is ok but that's 100% due to Future. Drake's just a boring-rear end whiny rapper.

Much like your posti-NVM. But seriously I think it has potential to be good, I don't think either of them are really going to benefit TOO much exposure wise as I think any drake fans that potentially like future already do and vice versa. Which gives me hope that they'll actually work well for a full mixtape. Give me another Tony Montana, another anthemic song and just mix it up on the rest and see what sticks.

I still don't want it to come out yet but I think it could be cool. + if it comes out i highly doubt we're getting Views this year, can't see Drake dropping 3 projects in 2015.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
Migos put out a mixtape today if you wanted more Migos than the album they put out like a month ago

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/36003/migos-back-to-the-bando.html

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Profondo Rosso posted:

Dunno about aoty but yeah I was expecting it to be good.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

rear end Catchcum posted:

Name the last greatest beef then. Drake and meek, sure it took place on the internet but drake went in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTceWMpgQIA

The Tyga/Durk beef got so heated, Game had to publicly back down for running his mouth out of turn, and it blew up Tyga's relationship with his baby mama.

ruddiger fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Sep 17, 2015

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012
[Runs from across the room and says in half-panting, hoarse voice] drake is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Dodecalypse posted:

Migos put out a mixtape today if you wanted more Migos than the album they put out like a month ago

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/36003/migos-back-to-the-bando.html

Nice. If you missed YRN you should give it a listen.