Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

To me it reads like Rarity is trying to burn out the clock and not respond to accusations so someone else is marked for lead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

We're going to the green place. I've basically run out of lines for my gimmick.

Colonel Corazon posted:

I recall Rarity and Chamale avoiding votes too. Gonna do a re-read and see.

I'd like to see the three making arguments for/against each other. :unsmigghh:

It's true that I didn't vote during Day 2, I missed all of it because I was at a 6-hour meeting at my university's Magic: The Gathering club. Day 2 began at 6:02 and ended at 9:24 in my time zone so I was absent the whole time. If you look at my post history you'll see that I wasn't on the forums at all. Now I'm off to quidditch practice so I can't post, I'll be back in 3 hours.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

LowellDND posted:

To me it reads like Rarity is trying to burn out the clock and not respond to accusations so someone else is marked for lead.

We have plenty of time today. Deadline isn't for 3 (real life) days.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

fiery_valkyrie posted:

We've already observed a day end in 6 hours. The deadline isn't a hard one.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

LowellDND posted:

We've already observed a day end in 6 hours. The deadline isn't a hard one.

Sure, but I think we can all agree to let D3 go for longer than D2.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Sure, but I think we can all agree to let D3 go for longer than D2.

if anything quick was going to happen it would have been the imgay turbo

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Yes, yessss, run down the clock Rarity and Cham.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

LowellDND posted:

Yeah, that’s fair. Day 2 was a bit of a shoo-in, as we had 6 votes when I was looking at the thread.

My reasons for suspecting Rarity: Started with a bunch of one liners, and then went hard for Lumpen (who was revealed to be town). Following that, they tended to be low content, skeptical of everyone, but not posting any effort posts. Instead, they simply went around asking people to give their own reads. Their second target was a town (who they didn’t give a read for, and showed little interest in it prior to their vote). And of course, they are now lurking. 'Ill post later, Im just tired and drunk right now.'

who else do u find suspicious

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Captain Foo posted:

who else do u find suspicious

Imgay seems to have been low content thus far. I'll ponder.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

(going to stop my posting gimmick, I've basically run out of Angharad quotes that work in any context)

Colonel Corazon posted:

I think it's funny that you made this post and now I'm back after two posts. Am I not allowed to leave the house for three hours?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wtf i had the under/over at 60

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

this is a poo poo post

fiery_valkyrie posted:

for this reason

sa meta: clock generally only does not run down unless a turbo happens

we approached the turbo but it didn't happn so expect a lynch just before deadline

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

this is a poo poo post

for this reason

sa meta: clock generally only does not run down unless a turbo happens

we approached the turbo but it didn't happn so expect a lynch just before deadline

wtf was i sayin clock always runs down unless turbo lmfao@me

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok let's start slogging through this. But first:

LowellDND posted:

I'm English, you guys did D2 at 1-4 in the morning when I was asleep. Then last night the thread opened while I was out getting drunk with friends, I got back at 1am and wanted to tell people I was still around. I like playing mafia but I have a 9-to-5 job and a social life and I'm not changing my life to revolve around an internet game. Deal with it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I'm not changing my life to revolve around an internet game.

Unacceptable. :sun:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Acebuckeye13 posted:

If she's claiming to be Ace, going by the movie wouldn't Ace be Scum aligned? I'm not so sure about this vote now :tinfoil:

Though to be fair if it turns out Hiip isn't Scum then we can always lynch her tomorrow.

Ace, you were the guy who said he'd just played some real life Werewolf games, right? How many have you played?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What do you think of Opop? His vote on Hiip today feels particularly fake. He thought Hiip was "weird" yesterday but never mentioned him once.

Ok, I've already read ahead so I know all the flips. With that knowledge I like this post from FV. Leaving her vig out of things, here she's bringing focus back on scum when if she'd kept quiet Opop could well have skated by after surviving the previous day.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Tomorrow or the day after would be better, since if apostateCourier is right, we're getting rid of a Scumbag, if they're not, apostateCourier is almost certainly scum, so we're basically guaranteed that we're going to get a Scum-aligned player either today or tomorrow. I'm not saying Opop ISN'T Scum, mind you, but I'd rather go for the sure thing right away than taking a chance. We can even make a calender! :v

This is even worse than your last post. Have you ever heard of the term 'chain lynch' before and do you get why it's scummy as hell?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Glad you asked.

##kill Hiipfire

Thats why.

Oh FV, vig of my heart :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Colonel Corazon posted:

I know that but is there a way to know who impales/shoots the poo poo out of people?

Did anyone do this yet? I just checked and flavour says unsurprisingly Hiip killed Ernie and scum killed TM.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

I want to just note:
We can't logically rule out that ApostateCourier could be a Scum Rolecop. One-Shot Town Cop is a dubious claim. Ace is a potential Scum flavor, and Scum are likely to have some investigative power when there's an SK. It is very weird that apostateCourier claims to have directed the investigation by RandomNumberGenerator, as she claimed. HiipFire was never mentioned as suspicious by apostateCourier on D1 and a Town Cop looking for Scum, especially with a single shot, should have had a lot of reasonable candidates without "rolling dice". Targeting Hiip makes more sense as a Scum Rolecop target.

This was a really great post from Lumpen that convinced me he was town the first time I saw it. I like the logical analysis here and think it's definitely worth keeping in mind if imgay's upcoming claim ends up being confirmed. It's also potentially the trigger that caused scum to kill him last night, cause besides this I don't see any reason for scum to go for the confirmed mason.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumpen posted:

Oh and it is a safe bet at this point that f_v is Town and can be trusted. For the Mod to design a setup in which a dayvig is given to Scum would just be nuts and unbalanced and she would have saved it for later if that were the case.

I hope nobody's listened to this, I've played in a few games where scum had a dayvig (hi chaoslord! :D) so writing FV off just based on that would be bad. I still think she's town but if other townies think she's scummy they shouldn't hold back.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Colonel Corazon posted:

I'm the War Rig and bus driver which seems only kind of useful but I switched Lumpen and TMM so if I get this right your rear end was on the firing line and TMM's death was deliberate.

Town bus driver can be useful if you manage to redirect the NK back onto scum, that's how you should be using it.

I'm willing to take Corazon as town based on this claim. For a scum bus driver to claim the role is a big, risky play and scum are always afraid of claiming PRs associated with scum. It's not a play I see a new player making as scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

imgay posted:

I think 1-shot cop pretty weak claim unless they claiming joat, but its wierd since this is supposed to be a more vanillaish game.

This is a strong indication that imgay's cop claim is legit. imgay claimed on D3 right? I'll find out in due time but if he is pulling a fakeclaim then it's one he's been setting up for a while cause this post clearly comes from the perspective of someone with a cop PR.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok I caught up to the end of D2, I have to leave for work in 15 minutes and I want to do other things with that time so I'll break here and do D3 when I'm back from work.

Don't turbo without me again it is rude and mean :mad:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I hope nobody's listened to this, I've played in a few games where scum had a dayvig (hi chaoslord! :D) so writing FV off just based on that would be bad. I still think she's town but if other townies think she's scummy they shouldn't hold back.

This is not the mindset of a town player who thinks another player is town. This is the mindset of a scum who wants to be able to walk back on their opinion later. How do you go from saying this:

Rarity posted:

Ok, I've already read ahead so I know all the flips. With that knowledge I like this post from FV. Leaving her vig out of things, here she's bringing focus back on scum when if she'd kept quiet Opop could well have skated by after surviving the previous day.

to 15 minutes later encouraging other players to call me scummy?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Chamale posted:

(going to stop my posting gimmick, I've basically run out of Angharad quotes that work in any context)

I think it's funny that you made this post and now I'm back after two posts. Am I not allowed to leave the house for three hours?

Nah. I wasn't able to post much earlier this week myself so I meant that as a joke.

What do you think about imgay and Rarity?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Colonel Corazon posted:

What do you think about imgay and Rarity?

imgay's supposed actions as a cop just do not make sense to me. I think he was trying to set up a long con to fakeclaim as a cop, as Acebuckeye said, possibly to try exposing the real cop. I don't see how it's logical for imgay to investigate Rarity on night 2 when there was less suspicion of Rarity. It makes sense for imgay to be lying Scum, because once he felt backed into a corner by my argument, he couldn't claim to have copped me because he knows I'm town. So instead he claimed to have investigated Rarity.

Rarity's posting strikes me as mildly suspicious, but they don't have any claimed actions that I find suspicious. I think it's possible that Rarity is a town player that made voting mistakes and I think it's possible that imgay is a town player that made a bad decision on who to investigate, but the former strikes me as far more likely than the latter.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Hi peeps. I've missed tons, i'm town, i'll catch up with the thread when i'm less tried and less drunk. I'll start tomorrow morning and see how much I can crack through before work.

I don't like this post. Saying "I'm town" is something I consider a bit scummy- there's no reason to say "I'm town."

Colonel Corazon posted:

Lumpen was suspecting chamale, which would give chamale a reason to kill him.

TMM wasn't killed by scum.

This bit of confusion weirds me out- especially given that Corazon was the lynchpin of figuring out what happened in the first place. Mistaken memories happen, but I'm getting conspiracy theory-esque thoughts about this that my gut doesn't want to ignore.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

apostateCourier posted:

This bit of confusion weirds me out- especially given that Corazon was the lynchpin of figuring out what happened in the first place. Mistaken memories happen, but I'm getting conspiracy theory-esque thoughts about this that my gut doesn't want to ignore.

I think Colonel Corazon meant that TMM was not the target of Scum. The Scum evidently intended to kill Lumpen, but Corazon swapped him and TMM. So the Scum ended up killing TMM but he was not their intended target.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cham, you really overcreditting yourself as scummy, you aren't the center of the universe and I thought rarity was the one who deserved my cop. btw, no one has counterclaimed my cop or being max, so your continued tunnel looks even more retarded then those deformed midget men in these movies

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

I don't like this post. Saying "I'm town" is something I consider a bit scummy- there's no reason to say "I'm town."

ac do you have anything else

that's not a very significant read given all that's happened since you last showed up, and we've already hashed out what chamale meant

do something that provides content tia :sun:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

Cham, you really overcreditting yourself as scummy, you aren't the center of the universe and I thought rarity was the one who deserved my cop.

:agreed:

rarity seemed like a perfectly good cop target to me

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

of these, TMM, Kash, Ernie, Opop are dead

leaving rarity, chamale, colonel corazon

colonel corazon is near-definitely town

rarity and chamale being the two frontrunners

You left me off of the "Lumpen suspicion list" btw.

Captain Foo posted:

ac do you have anything else

that's not a very significant read given all that's happened since you last showed up, and we've already hashed out what chamale meant

do something that provides content tia :sun:

I've seen the explanation, and it makes sense, but Corazon (not chamale) was the one that made the mistake, and it wasn't Corazon that provided the explanation. That strikes me as significant.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

imgay posted:

Cham, you really overcreditting yourself as scummy, you aren't the center of the universe and I thought rarity was the one who deserved my cop. btw, no one has counterclaimed my cop or being max, so your continued tunnel looks even more retarded then those deformed midget men in these movies

No one has counterclaimed my Angharad either. Rarity, do you have a role to claim?

I was thinking about it and realized that there is not an excess of possible Town roles. Angharad, Toast, Capable, Cheedo, The Dag, Max, Furiosa, Miss Giddy, The Valkyrie, and The Keeper of the Seeds make ten. Ace - Apostatecourier's character - is supposedly a Town role, even though in the movie he was loyal to Immortan Joe and only went along with Furiosa for a little while because he didn't want to question her orders. Glory the Child could work as a town role even though she's dead at the start of the movie, then there's a few nameless Vuvalini who would surely be Vanilla Town if they're in the game at all. Do any experienced Mafia players have a guess for how many Scum would be in a game of this size?

Anyway, the upshot of that is that I'm pretty sure every major good character in the movie would be in this game. So now I don't find it suspicious that you claim to be Max, because there surely is a Max in this game. I'm curious to see if Rarity can claim who her character is, and if anyone else will counterclaim that.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Colonel Corazon posted:

I was pretty confident in Lumpen's thought processes, though I still suspect imgay more than chamale. I'd prefer to take them out in sequence.

I was thinking imgay and rarity were both scum before Lumpen got iced. The only person I can immediately think of with a half-decent reason to kill Lumpen is Cham.

If you were thinking that rarity was scum before Lumpen got iced, why not say so? You didn't mention her at all until day three.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

I've seen the explanation, and it makes sense, but Corazon (not chamale) was the one that made the mistake, and it wasn't Corazon that provided the explanation. That strikes me as significant.

I think he only addressed you be briefly, I reread his posts and made my lumpen list (lmao) based on that

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chamale posted:

No one has counterclaimed my Angharad either. Rarity, do you have a role to claim?

I was thinking about it and realized that there is not an excess of possible Town roles. Angharad, Toast, Capable, Cheedo, The Dag, Max, Furiosa, Miss Giddy, The Valkyrie, and The Keeper of the Seeds make ten. Ace - Apostatecourier's character - is supposedly a Town role, even though in the movie he was loyal to Immortan Joe and only went along with Furiosa for a little while because he didn't want to question her orders. Glory the Child could work as a town role even though she's dead at the start of the movie, then there's a few nameless Vuvalini who would surely be Vanilla Town if they're in the game at all. Do any experienced Mafia players have a guess for how many Scum would be in a game of this size?

Anyway, the upshot of that is that I'm pretty sure every major good character in the movie would be in this game. So now I don't find it suspicious that you claim to be Max, because there surely is a Max in this game. I'm curious to see if Rarity can claim who her character is, and if anyone else will counterclaim that.

Cool role fishing

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Captain Foo posted:

Cool role fishing

Sorry, is that considered scummy? I'm trying to get information for the town, because the Scum know who is on their side and we don't know who we can trust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

Corazon didn't make a mistake, just was unclear in meaning given the busdrive

The mistake was actually mine

• Locked thread