Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chamale posted:

Sorry, is that considered scummy? I'm trying to get information for the town, because the Scum know who is on their side and we don't know who we can trust.

yes, very much so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

At this time my top two scum picks are chamale and AC

There are a few people who should POST MORE though. (Ace, Lowell)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CC is deffo town, sa! Is pretty Towny too but should also probably post more; I don't see the long con fake claim angle on imgay holding a ton of water

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rarity is suspicious but not as much as my top picks

F_V I lean town on

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

apostateCourier posted:

If you were thinking that rarity was scum before Lumpen got iced, why not say so? You didn't mention her at all until day three.

Imgay was my choice after opop. Once we got opop I still was gunning for imgay. I finally was able to do a reread during the night bc I wanted to swap imgay with someone else I didn't trust and I came up with rarity. Lumpen getting killed pushed cham onto my radar.

I plan on explaining my reasoning on rarity more in depth after work. At a glance their most recent posts have doubled my suspicion, maybe replacing Cham as my second scum suspect.

I think Cham, imgay and rarity are valid targets and if we kill all three we'll end up getting all the scum. I want them to ficus each other to see who flounders and lines up first for today's vote.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Captain Foo posted:

yes, very much so

Then I'll try to come up with another proactive way to expose Scum. I don't want to lynch the wrong person here, when I thought about the lack of possible Town characters I figured that imgay is not scum. I'm still suspicious of Rarity.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

Corazon didn't make a mistake, just was unclear in meaning given the busdrive

The mistake was actually mine

Oh. Yeah on a re-read that makes more sense.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Colonel Corazon posted:

I want them to ficus each other to see who flounders and lines up first for today's vote.

Focus on each other I meant

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Colonel Corazon posted:

Focus on each other I meant

I was reading the Mafia wiki trying to figure out what ficus meant.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

No one has counterclaimed my Angharad either. Rarity, do you have a role to claim?

I'm not claiming anything right now. This is some serious role fishing.

##vote Chamale

Gonna do my D3 reread in a bit

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

He's just a kid! I'm pretty sure Ace, like me, is new to online Mafia, and we're both here because we like Fury Road and not because we're competitive at this game. I was pretty sure about my Lumpen-Kashuno conspiracy theory, and now I don't trust my own judgment about who to suspect.

Ace and Chamale looking like a really likely scumteam.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

imgay posted:

I copped rarity last night, they are town or Joe

"or Joe"? What does that mean?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Rarity posted:

Ace and Chamale looking like a really likely scumteam.

Rarity and imgay looking like a really likely scumteam.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rarity posted:

I'm not claiming anything right now. This is some serious role fishing.

##vote Chamale

Gonna do my D3 reread in a bit

We have no way of knowing who you are, I've shown that my Angharad character gives me the power to double vote, and that's usually a town-aligned power. I am our Angharad, and I believe that imgay is our Max because there are so few possible Town characters so both of these must be in the game, and no one is counterclaiming. I've put my cards on the table, you're hiding something.

##double Rarity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

I'm also a little suspicious of Rarity for voting for Opop, who turned out to be scum, during joke phase.

That post was from before the game had started.

Literally my signup post.

:ughh:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rarity posted:

"or Joe"? What does that mean?

Cute denial. If you're Immortan Joe, you're probably the Godfather character, which means you would read as innocent to a cop. However, it turned out that Colonel Corazon had switched you and imgay that night, so imgay's investigation was not investigating you.

Rarity posted:

That post was from before the game had started.

Literally my signup post.

:ughh:

Oh, my bad. I still suspect you.

My vote against you isn't being counted, I think I have to do this for it to work.

##vote Rarity
##double Rarity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

There's the People Eater himself.

Those two posts right before I hit send on mine are obviously very important. imgay claims to be a cop, but that's a role that can be faked, so I'm still suspicious of him. He claims to have investigated Ernie, who is now dead, and Rarity, who I just mentioned my suspicions on for the first time. That's an awfully convenient pair of people he claims to have investigated. He obviously wants them to be plausible, but to make me look bad by saying that Rarity is probably not Scum.

Someone Awful! accuses me of being Scum, which is fair, I know a lot of people suspect me. My posting has been weird because I'm doing a gimmick that has been difficult to keep up; the first sentence of all of my posts is a quote from my character, The Splendid Angharad. My role gives me the power to double vote, which cannot be faked.

##double imgay

Oh wait, I missed this claim. I can't decide if that breadcrumb is amazing or insane, quite possibly both. Again, I don't think the role automatically excuses you from being scum. Also, why do you think that imgay clearing me was directly about you? Suspecting a town player of being scum is not inherently scummy, town make mistakes all the drat time cause that's how mafia works.

Gotta run out to buy food, I'll come back to this soon.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

Cute denial. If you're Immortan Joe, you're probably the Godfather character, which means you would read as innocent to a cop. However, it turned out that Colonel Corazon had switched you and imgay that night, so imgay's investigation was not investigating you.

I haven't seen this movie dude, I don't know the flavour.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I also don't see it as a given that the double vote job is automatically town, regardless of flavor.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Read op then

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Godammit I'm at -2 now. Is anyone up for unvoting me or are you going to force me to claim? (this is a bad idea)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

Tie him up! I'm saying that imgay is Scum who lied about being a cop. I don't think a real cop would have investigated Rarity on the second night

Why not? Even I'd say Opop flipping scum makes me look shady as hell. Who do you think a cop would investigate?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

If I understand the rules correctly, he can lie about being a cop, but I can't lie about my power to vote twice. I'm Angharad, the defacto leader of the wives, so I get two votes.

Furthermore, Chamale is getting massively hung up on how his claim is proveable, as if that means his alignment is as well.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

We need to hold off the vote. Need more time. Would you Unvote for rarity, Cham?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm not sure! I'm gonna try to re-read this thread tonight and try to get some ideas going. I've got some ideas, but I don't want to make a knee-jerk claim when there's still plenty of time to discuss the vote. May not be able to go over it as much as I'd like tonight though, got a poo poo-ton to read for my classes tomorrow.

Please tell me somewhere in the next 3 pages you have an opinion

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I don't trust cham leading this charge.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

Right, so by demonstrating that I can double vote I proved that I have that power, whereas for all we know imgay is lying about being a cop because he can't prove it. Flavourwise it makes perfect sense for Angharad to have the double voting power, and I can't think of any Scum characters who might get that power. Plus, as Captain Foo said, the power is usually a Town power. On that note I think I need to unvote again because the last undouble only removed one of them. I still think imgay is scum, but fiery_valkyrie asked us all to unvote so I will for now. ##unvote

Holy poo poo he's at it again. This post isn't about proving imgay is scum, it's about proving he is town.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Actually, looking back at it I'm thinking Rarity is a pretty strong Scum candidate.

-Everyone she's fingered so far has been Confirmed Town

-Tried to get people to back off voting Opop on D1 (Who was confirmed Scum)

-Hasn't posted since Kash got murdered

Obviously none of this is a guarantee, but were the vote held right now I think Rarity would be the strongest choice, given all other factors.

I like how Ace talks about this as if everyone else in the thread hasn't been saying the same things about me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

I'm saying we don't know if Max, or the cop role, is in this game at all. But I've proven that I have some kind of role that can double vote, and Angharad is the logical character for it to be; I can't imagine the flavour justification for the People Eater or Bullet Farmer having those roles, for example, because Joe hates them equally.

OH MY GOD STOP DOING THIS

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How the gently caress did I miss this claim, he never shuts up about it :psyduck:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Newbies, on SA we almost always let days run to deadline. It gives everyone the chance to contribute, to generate a decent amount of content and to share their views on whatever's going on. It means that there's more content for us to use to hunt scum and gives scum less chances to escape by lurking. Running down the clock doesn't happen cause town will pretty much never allow a day to end in a no lynch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Ace, you were the guy who said he'd just played some real life Werewolf games, right? How many have you played?

Rarity posted:

This is even worse than your last post. Have you ever heard of the term 'chain lynch' before and do you get why it's scummy as hell?

I don't believe Ace has responded to my questions and this makes me sad

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is not the mindset of a town player who thinks another player is town. This is the mindset of a scum who wants to be able to walk back on their opinion later. How do you go from saying this:

to 15 minutes later encouraging other players to call me scummy?

Cause town winning games rarely relies on one player's amazing scum hunting skills. Most of the time it's from the town collectively coming together to reach majority decisions that don't accurately reflect any individual's reads. Sure, I've been thinking you're town but I've not exactly done a bang up job of being right so far. Why are you trying to discourage people from looking at you closely?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

I was thinking about it and realized that there is not an excess of possible Town roles. Angharad, Toast, Capable, Cheedo, The Dag, Max, Furiosa, Miss Giddy, The Valkyrie, and The Keeper of the Seeds make ten. Ace - Apostatecourier's character - is supposedly a Town role, even though in the movie he was loyal to Immortan Joe and only went along with Furiosa for a little while because he didn't want to question her orders. Glory the Child could work as a town role even though she's dead at the start of the movie, then there's a few nameless Vuvalini who would surely be Vanilla Town if they're in the game at all. Do any experienced Mafia players have a guess for how many Scum would be in a game of this size?

Unless Sam is an idiot flavour isn't going to break this game. Mods either make flavour independent to alignment or provide scum with fake claims. Otherwise a mass flavour claim on D1 would ruin the game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

I've shown that my Angharad character gives me the power to double vote, and that's usually a town-aligned power. I am our Angharad

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHBLKBARGLE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'd write up a case on Chamale but I think I already just did.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Rarity posted:

I don't believe Ace has responded to my questions and this makes me sad

Or, you know, you posted them at three in the morning and after getting up and going to class this is the first chance I've had to respond. I don't play Werewolf very often (Last time was back in May) and no, I don't know what a Chain Lynch is, or how it fits into you trying to paint me as Scum.

That being said, seems to me like you're trying awful hard to throw suspicion off yourself and imgay by implicating myself and Chamale (Not that I'm saying Chamale isn't scum, mind you-you could be trying to throw him under the bus and deflect suspicion to save your own skin). Not to mention claiming you've got some powerful role that you don't want to reveal. Panicking and posting constantly trying to dredge up "suspicious" posts without reading half of them doesn't exactly scream "Town" either, but that's just me.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Rarity posted:

I haven't seen this movie dude, I don't know the flavour.

And this is just sad. It's the best action movie to come out in years, go see it!

Anyway, I'd support a vote on Rarity, imgay, or Chamale as of now. Rarity first, since I'm pretty convinced she's scum, but all of them are pretty suspicious IMO.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Or, you know, you posted them at three in the morning and after getting up and going to class this is the first chance I've had to respond. I don't play Werewolf very often (Last time was back in May) and no, I don't know what a Chain Lynch is, or how it fits into you trying to paint me as Scum.

That being said, seems to me like you're trying awful hard to throw suspicion off yourself and imgay by implicating myself and Chamale (Not that I'm saying Chamale isn't scum, mind you-you could be trying to throw him under the bus and deflect suspicion to save your own skin). Not to mention claiming you've got some powerful role that you don't want to reveal. Panicking and posting constantly trying to dredge up "suspicious" posts without reading half of them doesn't exactly scream "Town" either, but that's just me.

Ok, three points:

1. A chain lynch is saying "one of X and Y is scum so let's lynch X today and then if he flips town we can lynch Y tomorrow". It's scummy as gently caress because it allows scum to set up two days of mislynches

2. Yes, I'm softclaiming at -2. This is a standard town play for PRs.

3. You've never played with me so you don't know my style but cause of being a different time zone I often have to play catch up with the thread, especially when there's two game days to catch up with. I'm not going to ignore old content (and you'd best believe I read every post cause it took me drat long enough). That's what I do in every game regardless of whether I'm town or scum, it's a completely null point. FV and AC can confirm this, alternatively you can read some of my previous games and see me doing exactly the same thing there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

Cause town winning games rarely relies on one player's amazing scum hunting skills. Most of the time it's from the town collectively coming together to reach majority decisions that don't accurately reflect any individual's reads. Sure, I've been thinking you're town but I've not exactly done a bang up job of being right so far. Why are you trying to discourage people from looking at you closely?

People can look at me closely all they like. They'll see that I vigged a SK and lynched a scum.

• Locked thread