Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

People can look at me closely all they like. They'll see that I vigged a SK and lynched a scum.

You act like buses aren't a thing and scum don't want SKs dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, time to summarise. In honour of our fallen buddy I'm presenting my thoughts in the form of a list (sorry about the whole thinking you were scum thing!)

Scandalously Scum

- Chamale [doublevoter] (is incredibly concerned about proving himself to be town, not buying imgay choosing me to investigate looks sus)
- Acebuckeye13 (incredibly lurky, only has opinions that have been proven as popular, setting up chain lynches)

Salaciously Suspicious

- LowellMD (incredibly lurky, not giving reads, lovely 'me too' votes)

Needlessly Neutral

- apostateCourier [1-day cop] (1-day cop could be scum rolecop, has contributed little else)
- fiery_valkyrie [vig] (I don't like her reaction in these last few posts at all)

Tremulously Trustworthy

- Someone Awful! (thoughts seem consistent, hasn't done anything that stands out as scummy)
- Captain Foo (I think claims aside we all find Foo the towniest in the game and if he's scum then we're screwed)

Tremendously Townie

- Captain Corazon [bus driver] (like I said, I don't see a newbie scum claiming bus driver)[/i]
- imgay (cop) (I see no reason to doubt this claim)
- Rarity (:sun:)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rarity posted:

Ok, time to summarise. In honour of our fallen buddy I'm presenting my thoughts in the form of a list (sorry about the whole thinking you were scum thing!)

Scandalously Scum

- Chamale [doublevoter] (is incredibly concerned about proving himself to be town, not buying imgay choosing me to investigate looks sus)
- Acebuckeye13 (incredibly lurky, only has opinions that have been proven as popular, setting up chain lynches)

Salaciously Suspicious

Needlessly Neutral

- apostateCourier [1-shotcop] (1-shot cop could be scum rolecop, has contributed little else)
- fiery_valkyrie [vig] (I don't like her reaction in these last few posts at all)

Tremulously Trustworthy

- Someone Awful! (thoughts seem consistent, hasn't done anything that stands out as scummy)
- Captain Foo (I think claims aside we all find Foo the towniest in the game and if he's scum then we're screwed)

Tremendously Townie

- Captain Corazon [bus driver] (like I said, I don't see a newbie scum claiming bus driver)[/i]

Durrr. Mafia edit.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

You act like buses aren't a thing and scum don't want SKs dead.

What does a bus have to do with me pushing the vote on Opop?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What does a bus have to do with me pushing the vote on Opop?

I don't mean bus driver, I mean the bus tactic.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Yeah I just figured that out.

Scum usually aren't the first vote on another scum with a bus though.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Rarity posted:

Scandalously Scum

Salaciously Suspicious

Needlessly Neutral

- apostateCourier [1-day cop] (1-day cop could be scum rolecop, has contributed little else)

Tremulously Trustworthy

Tremendously Townie

Well, this doesn't scream "imgay and I are scum and I'm trying to cover for both of us" at all.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I also find it funny that the first thing imgay did after declaring he was a cop was claiming that he'd copped Rarity and she was cool, and the only reason given was that she "Seemed like a worthy target". Is that proof they're working together? You be the judge! And jury, and executioner.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rarity posted:

Scandalously Scum

Salaciously Suspicious

Needlessly Neutral

Tremulously Trustworthy

Tremendously Townie

lmao you call me the towniest but don't actually put me in the towniest slot

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rarity posted:

That post was from before the game had started.

Literally my signup post.

:ughh:

##vote chamale

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Captain Foo posted:

lmao you call me the towniest but don't actually put me in the towniest slot

I said claims aside, I'm judging you purely based on tone and reads. Corazon and imgay's claims are enough to put them ahead of you, before those came out I'd have put them lower.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I also find it funny that the first thing imgay did after declaring he was a cop was claiming that he'd copped Rarity and she was cool, and the only reason given was that she "Seemed like a worthy target". Is that proof they're working together? You be the judge! And jury, and executioner.

If you're town you're literally the worst player I've ever seen on SA.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rarity posted:

I said claims aside, I'm judging you purely based on tone and reads. Corazon and imgay's claims are enough to put them ahead of you, before those came out I'd have put them lower.

point

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Rarity posted:

If you're town you're literally the worst player I've ever seen on SA.

Rarity posted:

Trust yourself. When it turns out you're wrong, double down and trust yourself EVEN HARDER.

I think I know who to trust. :colbert:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

just re-read the vig and the start of opop's vote, i don't see f_v as scum right now

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Based on cham, rarity and imgays opinions of each other we know:

Cham thinks rarity is scum and probably imgay.
Rarity trusts imgay and thinks cham and ace are probably scum.
Imgay is deflecting and needs to give some better opinions but seems to favor Rarity.

This leads me to suspecting imgay and rarity.

Need to do a reread and reevaluate after work. I trust Foo and f_v.

Imgay we need some answers buddy.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I'll ##unvote so we have time to talk until the deadline. I didn't know that flavour would have so little impact in this game, so that affects the kind of argument I want to make. I still say Rarity is the most likely scum because of her evasiveness, and still unsure if we can trust imgay.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

I'll ##unvote so we have time to talk until the deadline.

Much appreciated. Assuming your suspicion of me stays I'd like to see a full case from you.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

##vote chamale

I don't see that as a slam dunk. Scum often joke with each other in joke phase because they feel more comfortable than making jokes about town that can be taken the wrong way.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don't see that as a slam dunk. Scum often joke with each other in joke phase because they feel more comfortable than making jokes about town that can be taken the wrong way.

You misunderstood the post-Rarity made the vote before roles were assigned, so she wouldn't have known that both Opop and herself would be Scum.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Note: If a double vote is not registering, that means I am just not around to manually add it and you should just assume that the recipient has one more vote than votefinder says.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

SirSamVimes posted:

Note: If a double vote is not registering, that means I am just not around to manually add it and you should just assume that the recipient has one more vote than votefinder says.

Cool, I was gonna ask about that. So can we assume that Chamale has a double vote, then?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Chamale (3): Someone Awful!, Rarity, Captain Foo
Rarity (3): Acebuckeye13, LowellDND, Chamale, Chamale, Chamale
imgay (0): Colonel Corazon, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Chamale

Not Voting (4): apostateCourier, Colonel Corazon, fiery_valkyrie, imgay

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 19th, 2015 at 3 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ace, you never responded to my explanation of chain lynches. What do you think about them?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

So I keep thinking about how stupid it would be for Cham and the scum to kill Lumpen if Lumpen was the only one pointing a finger at Cham.

Who would it really benefit? Cham is a great person to set up for these same reasons. Cham only pinged on my radar because they were the only one with a reason to want Lumpen out but that seems too obvious now that I'm thinking about it.

Rarity and imgay are pushing the blame on Cham (among others).

So, on Cham for right now?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

And gently caress, while I'm at it...

If imgay isn't lying being a cop then we'll know tomorrow so it's worth it to put off their death on the off chance that they're not lying. Cham is all over the drat place but definitely has the double vote. Rarity is very much in the dark and deflecting like mad.

I'm going to be voting for Rarity this evening. Imgay will come next. 2/3 of the trio are scum.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Cool, I was gonna ask about that. So can we assume that Chamale has a double vote, then?

Yes, SirSamVines just added it, and now I need to ##undouble in addition to my unvote. But I still suspect Rarity, and it's essentially because I agree with the others who have pointed out that claiming to have a powerful role without revealing it is scummy.

Colonel Corazon posted:

I'm going to be voting for Rarity this evening. Imgay will come next. 2/3 of the trio are scum.

Watch out, with a post like that, Rarity will accuse you of chain-lynching :v:! But seriously, you have a fair point that it's worthwhile to wait before passing judgment on imgay.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Chamale posted:

Watch out, with a post like that, Rarity will accuse you of chain-lynching :v:! But seriously, you have a fair point that it's worthwhile to wait before passing judgment on imgay.

I think it would also be super sweet if you could defend yourself better than I could.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I have flavour-invoking and non-flavour-invoking arguments to show that Rarity is scum and I am not.

First, flavour. I've been hinting about my character ever since I got the role by quoting her in every post until I revealed who I am. It's a giveaway to anyone who's seen the movie (not Rarity, and a few other people here) and it would be insane for Scum to try fake-claiming her by dropping hints like that. There's evidence so far that everyone's character is aligned according to the movie:

SirSamVimes posted:

Day 1:

• Kashuno, The Dag, (Vanilla Town), was lynched.
  • TMMadman, The Valkyrie (town-aligned Vanilla Town) was riddled with bullets.
  • Ernie., Nux (town-aligned Mason Miller) was impaled.
  • Hiipfire, The Buzzard (serial killer-aligned Serial Killer) was shot.
  • Opopanax, The Bullet Farmer (scum-aligned Assassin) was lynched
  • Lumpen, Capable (town-aligned Mason) was riddled with bullets.

That's 6 characters, all of whom have the same alignment they do in the movie. Therefore I say everyone's character matches their alignment, and there aren't enough Good people in the movie to give the Scum their own people to fake-claim. Rarity's counterargument:

Rarity posted:

Unless Sam is an idiot flavour isn't going to break this game. Mods either make flavour independent to alignment or provide scum with fake claims. Otherwise a mass flavour claim on D1 would ruin the game.

As I showed, flavour is not independent to alignment, and my next paragraph will show that there aren't enough Town characters to give Scum fake claims. And I doubt that a mass flavour claim would even happen, since Rarity called Acebuckeye scum for saying he's Cheedo and is calling me scum for saying I'm Angharad.

We have 16 players, and here's a list of named characters in the movie who make sense as town-aligned: Max, Furiosa, Nux, the War Rig, Angharad, Toast, Capable, Cheedo, The Dag, The Valkyrie, The Keeper of the Seeds, and arguably Ace, Morsov, and Glory. That's at most 14, so the Scum can't have been given their own characters to fake-claim as. Meanwhile Rarity hasn't claimed or even hinted what character she has, only alluding to wanting to keep it a secret. I say Rarity is staying mum because she hasn't seen the movie and can't convincingly lie about a Town-aligned character.

Next, my argument based on behaviour. I was fighting with Lumpen early on, so me killing him Day 1 would be too obvious, so the real scum killed him in an attempt to frame me. I may be a total amateur at Internet Mafia but I've played the card game enough times to know that. Meanwhile Rarity is trying to make multiple other people look bad by accusing them of trying to chain lynch, just for speculating about who is Mafia:

Rarity posted:

This reads like Awful is setting up a chain lynch. Bad mojo!

Rarity posted:

This is even worse than your last post. Have you ever heard of the term 'chain lynch' before and do you get why it's scummy as hell?

On that second post, Rarity was calling Acebuckeye scum because he wanted to lynch Opop, who turned out to be scum, instead of Hiipfire, who turned out to be the serial killer.

Rarity posted:

I'd vote Opop if it came down to it but I think there are better lynches out there and enough people to pull them off

Also, here she's hedging on Opop while trying to convince us to lynch someone else, which led to Kashuno dying on the first day. We lynched Opop while Rarity was away on the second day (not her fault for being away, time zones). So Rarity has a track record of defending Opop while also distancing from him.

I'm heading out for a few hours, be back tonight.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

So I keep thinking about how stupid it would be for Cham and the scum to kill Lumpen if Lumpen was the only one pointing a finger at Cham.

Who would it really benefit? Cham is a great person to set up for these same reasons. Cham only pinged on my radar because they were the only one with a reason to want Lumpen out but that seems too obvious now that I'm thinking about it.

Rarity and imgay are pushing the blame on Cham (among others).

So, on Cham for right now?

for reference

Votecount for Day 3

Chamale (3): Someone Awful!, Rarity, Captain Foo
Rarity (2): Acebuckeye13, LowellDND, Chamale, Chamale
imgay (0): Colonel Corazon, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Chamale

Not Voting (5): apostateCourier, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, fiery_valkyrie, imgay

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 19th, 2015 at 3 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day, 19 hours.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

on chamale that's rarity and two people generally seen as town so far

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

I made my argument on Chamale at the start of this day and I don't feel anything Chamale has said changes my opinion on their newbie scum status. Double voter is a null tell IMO.

Let me reread Rarity, I remember having a null read leaning townie on them but that was d1 and I haven't put any thought into it since.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i've just re-read chamale and imgay, now im doing rarity

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
That's true, but at the same time it's not as though he's alone in suspecting Rarity and imgay-I'm pretty convinced of it myself. There's still a chance he's scum, but I'd feel much safer going for Rarity at this point since her flipping would help to implicate imgay as well.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

##vote Rarity

This gives imgay a chance to prove themselves and Cham, scum or not, is a double voter.

:bandwagon:

I'm thinking it'll be fun to swap myself for a scum when night rolls around. Gonna live large.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Chamale posted:

Next, my argument based on behaviour. I was fighting with Lumpen early on, so me killing him Day 1 would be too obvious, so the real scum killed him in an attempt to frame me. I may be a total amateur at Internet Mafia but I've played the card game enough times to know that. Meanwhile Rarity is trying to make multiple other people look bad by accusing them of trying to chain lynch, just for speculating about who is Mafia:

You mean day 2?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm still extremely suspicious of apostatecourier even after all my re-reads

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

100% spent my day either driving or binging on the shovel knight update, not gonna lie

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

100% spent my day either driving or binging on the shovel knight update, not gonna lie

ac who do you think is the scum and why

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

i'm still extremely suspicious of apostatecourier even after all my re-reads

I was getting a neutral read. What makes you suspect apostate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

I was getting a neutral read. What makes you suspect apostate?

what imgay and lumpen said about 1-shot cop being odd with a real cop unless it's part of a joat rings true
the fact that there was an SK so it makes sense for scum to potentially have an investigative role makes sense to me
beyond setupspec, she has barely made any actual reads the whole game and generally posted not a lot
flavorwise i could see ace going either way

• Locked thread