Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

TMMadman posted:

And I'm trying to get you to clarify those positions. Do you think I'm scum bussing Kash? Do you think I'm scum trying to remove the vote and jumping on something easy from Kash?

These aren't hard questions to answer, so why do you keep avoiding them?

I don't claim to have an opinion on your relationship or lack thereof with Kash. I'm not sure how else to explain that.

I don't know what you mean by "remove the vote".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

And I'm trying to get you to clarify those positions. Do you think I'm scum bussing Kash? Do you think I'm scum trying to remove the vote and jumping on something easy from Kash?

These aren't hard questions to answer, so why do you keep avoiding them?

Wow I hate this post. uhh hasn't made any arguments linking our alignment and it's really bizarre you're taking it this way. In fact, his vote was on you before I started going in, so where does that idea even come from?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

The Ninth Layer posted:

Okay I read over TMM and I don't really see him as scum. Having seen him as scum in the last game I played, most of his posts were completely empty word dumps with no actual content in them. His one big reads post felt pretty genuine to me and had some good stuff in it, and I like how he has defended his lurker callouts. I do think he could say twice as much in half the words if he put his mind to it, nobody wants to read eight-paragraph posts or posts with four quotes in them.

What do you think in particular of the fact that he's done lurker callouts on D1 before, to fake content as scum, and didn't have this lurkers-are-killing-our-community excuse? There's a nuance to my argument that him shouting over and over again about how bad lurkers are doesn't account for. I find the way that he defended his callouts predictable.

The Ninth Layer posted:

I've been debating whether I want to vote Grandicap, the reason I haven't yet is because I don't think scum would have stuck around defending the semantics of "case" for so long. Points against him for backing down very self-consciously, and personally I don't like anyone for town who characterizes their own play as scummy or scummy-looking.

So do you think Grandi as scum would go for something like that out of the gate? That's the big thing I can't wrap my head around, and why I probably wouldn't vote him today again at all.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

I don't claim to have an opinion on your relationship or lack thereof with Kash. I'm not sure how else to explain that.

I don't know what you mean by "remove the vote".

And I'm asking you to clarify your opinion so that it's on the record. Why is it so hard to answer?

Also, why haven't you given any opinions on anyone besides me or Kash? There are 10 other people besides me and Kash. Do you not have a single solid opinion on any of them?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Wow I hate this post. uhh hasn't made any arguments linking our alignment and it's really bizarre you're taking it this way. In fact, his vote was on you before I started going in, so where does that idea even come from?

What is so hard to understand here?

The series of events: uhh calls me scum and votes for me, I point out a possible slip by you, uhh says it might be a good catch. So I'm asking him to clarify his position.

If he believes I'm scum then does he believe that I'm bussing you by calling out a slip? Or does he believe that I'm scum trying to redirect the vote away from me? He certainly doesn't think I'm town pointing out scum, so it's gotta be one of the other two.

Kash is there anyone you're NOT willing to vote for?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I don't know what you are trying to bait me into saying or not saying but I'm done playing along. I've said what I wanted to say.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

I don't know what you are trying to bait me into saying or not saying but I'm done playing along. I've said what I wanted to say.

So don't even want to try putting your opinion out there about other people?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

Also, the only thing I'm trying to 'bait you into' is putting forth any sort of actual opinion. The only people you've commented on is me and Kash.

So what do you think of PMom or Pop or BK or any of the others who are also playing this game?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I just woke up, so I'll be around for deadline.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

What is so hard to understand here?

The series of events: uhh calls me scum and votes for me, I point out a possible slip by you, uhh says it might be a good catch. So I'm asking him to clarify his position.

If he believes I'm scum then does he believe that I'm bussing you by calling out a slip? Or does he believe that I'm scum trying to redirect the vote away from me? He certainly doesn't think I'm town pointing out scum, so it's gotta be one of the other two.

Kash is there anyone you're NOT willing to vote for?

Asiina, LJ, and merk

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'm good with either TMM or Grandi, really. They've both had really bad D1s. Gonna take a look at other people now~

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Asiina, LJ, and merk
What!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Asii's post history is almost entirely joking about houses, and then these "contributions"

Asiina posted:

This feels like every other game I've played with Madman where he can't separate what he knows from what others know regarding his alignment, so he seems town to me.

Asiina posted:

I don't like Kashuno for calling out someone when he's provided nothing of substance of his own. Also Grandi made other posts commenting on Madman and PMom, which Kashuno hasn't done, but he ignores those entirely.

##unvote
##vote Kashuno

Asiina posted:

That Kashuno case on MiR is just "here's a bunch of things that happened" without any real analysis and then a vote at the end. What is even the point?

Asiina posted:

He's done this as town twice before in games I've been in with him, which is why I think he's town here.

She's scum, I think.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I got to the airport late and need to eat. I'm on a phone. Someone help me scum hunt here

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
MiR seems really nit picky which I usually see as fake.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I'd also vote Sam - his posting stinks.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

BottleKnight posted:

I understand if you guys thing TMM being blustery is alignment-neutral but he is literally repeating his D1 from Pearl of Port Lourde, where he was scum.

Literally

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I had merk in my "possibly bad" mindcategory because of the weird way he complained about joke phase and then disappeared when things got heated, but I'll believe him when he says he's busy :shrug:

merk posted:

Literally

I can't tell if you're snarking over his use of literally or agreeing with him.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

Literally

Figuratively

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TMMadman posted:

Well, then just like PMom you'd be wrong about me. Not the first time and doubtlessly not the last time. I'm not worried because my flip will prove it in time.

this is a huge 💩 of a post

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Pinterest Mom posted:

Asii's post history is almost entirely joking about houses, and then these "contributions"

She's scum, I think.

The reasons she gives are okay by me. Not great content but good enough for me not to vote her today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##unvote
##vote Grandi

I'm gonna be out for a while so might not be here for deadline. Of everything that's transpired today, I like a Grandi lynch today. I'll try and check back in, and I would absolutely swing it to TMM if needed

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kashuno is right that this is exactly the same opening gambit that TMM made in the Pearl game, I even remember telling him in the scum doc that it's weird to do a lurker poke that early in the game. Not only that, but I too dislike a defense which is basically just "Nu uh!" which he's made on two seperate occasions to two different people (first PMom, then BottleKnight). I've seen so many scum players saying something along the lines of "My flip will vindicate me" that it doesn't even register as a defense.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

For now I'm going to ##vote TMM

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And why do people think I would play the same scum game as last time?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, why exactly is everyone giving ANarc a pass for making 3 whole posts in 2+ days?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Man I hate being vt. Boring.

Asiina we are neighbors :)

Ooh I like this backstory

##unvote
##vote anarc

Still suspicious of TMM, but you raise a good enough point that I am more suspicious of this level of lurking.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

And why do people think I would play the same scum game as last time?

To me, this reads as you pleading that your white noise posts are alignment-neutral. They're not. I'm not saying all of your content is fake, but you have really spewed a ton of BS, just like you did in that game.

TMMadman posted:

Also, why exactly is everyone giving ANarc a pass for making 3 whole posts in 2+ days?

What do we get out of lynching a lurker with 3 posts? Like, beyond saying lurking-is-bad, what do we in this game get for it?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Grandicap (4): PoP, Kashuno, -Kashuno, merk, Ninth, Kashuno

TMMadman (3): SSV, -SSV, PMom, MiR, BK

Kashuno (2): LJ, Asiina, Grandi, -LJ
AnonymousNarcotics (2): TMM, SSV

BottleKnight (1): TMM, LJ, -TMM

a worthy uhh/Me in Reverse (0): Asiina, SSV, -Asiina, Kashuno, -Kashuno, -SSV
Grandicap (0): BK, -BK
SirSamVimes (0): TMM, MiR, Kashuno, -TMM, -Kashuno, -MiR
ljtrigirl (0): TMM, -TMM
Pinterest Mom (0): Grandi, -Grandi
merk (0): Ninth, -Ninth

:h: 13 alive, 7 to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Thursday, September 17th, ~11PM EDT. That's in about five hours from this post!

:siren: Remember to #unvote!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Ecco doesn't seem particularly forgiving of lurkers. I'm not worried anarc today

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I also don't like Pecota leaving their vote on Grandi from very early on and not talking or engaging with it. Is everyone in this game busy?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

To me, this reads as you pleading that your white noise posts are alignment-neutral. They're not. I'm not saying all of your content is fake, but you have really spewed a ton of BS, just like you did in that game.

I should clarify that last sentence. I'm not saying that all of your content is white noise, but so much of it is that I find your posting ingenuine.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
An ANarc lynch would be terrible today, no way I'm voting that.

I'm still totally fine with my Kashuno vote.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asiina posted:

An ANarc lynch would be terrible today, no way I'm voting that.

I'm still totally fine with my Kashuno vote.

What's terrible about removing someone who has only posted three times with zero actual content when we are five hours from deadline?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It will give us absolutely no information for tomorrow no matter what she flips and it's not like the game is void of other potential lynches that would be far more useful going forward.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously, why shouldn't we lynch ANarc?

We learn the alignment of someone who hasn't posted at all and we also remove an easy kill from the possible night targets. If we leave ANarc alive today then scum have a free person to NK that won't reveal them at all.

If we remove ANarc then maybe we can draw conclusions from the NK. ANarc has no opinions on record so if she dies in the night we get nothing that we don't already get from lynching her.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

TMMadman posted:

Seriously, why shouldn't we lynch ANarc?

We learn the alignment of someone who hasn't posted at all and we also remove an easy kill from the possible night targets. If we leave ANarc alive today then scum have a free person to NK that won't reveal them at all.

If we remove ANarc then maybe we can draw conclusions from the NK. ANarc has no opinions on record so if she dies in the night we get nothing that we don't already get from lynching her.

A lurker lynch like this is nearly admitting that we are very very likely lynching a townie and your twisting and turning of circumstances to make it sound like a good thing is now cementing my vote.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Why are you assuming the scum team will take out a lurker?

They could just as easily go after someone who opposed them and let ANarc be modkilled for free later.

Plus even if they were going to absolutely kill her, why is a lynch that gives us no information better than a nightkill that gives us no information?

And why is learning the alignment of someone who hasn't posted at all useful information? If she's town, scum have an extremely easy excuse for the vote and if she's scum, there's nothing to go through in her posting to look for connections.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

a worthy uhh posted:

A lurker lynch like this is nearly admitting that we are very very likely lynching a townie and your twisting and turning of circumstances to make it sound like a good thing is now cementing my vote.

Except you're voting to lynch a townie right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

TMMadman posted:

Except you're voting to lynch a townie right now.

At least it's because I think they're scum.

• Locked thread