Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
So what's the best guess on the next episode?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Scrolling through Jim Carry IMDB the only movie that jumps out at me is The Number 23

There are plenty of other films on the list I hate but I don't think anyone is Listener Requesting Bruce Almighty or whatever

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
It's probably that.

I'd say The Grinch, but it's probably a few months early.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

If the 10-year rule is off the table, it could easily be Dumb and Dumber 2 or Mr. Popper's Penguins. Alternatively it could be Ace Ventura 2, Earth Girls are Easy, or The Cable Guy. But I feel like it's probably The Number 23.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Mr. Popper's Penguins was touched on when they did those Worst Of 201X, I think it was bewilderingly explained by Eric. It'd probably still make a good episode, though.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Man, I would love to hear their reactions to Earth Girls Are Easy, especially the Goldblum gushing.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Love at First Bite is another Carrey movie I thought of.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Once Bitten would be great, too. Whole lot of camp and riffing opportunities for the guys.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I remember this really old Jim Carrey movie that happens entirely in this guy's room. Carrey plays the devil or death or something, who comes for this really misanthropic dude who is constantly saying he'd rather drop dead than do X.
It was a really odd movie that probably happened before Carrey was a thing.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Wouldn't mind hearing them tearing into Ace Ventura 2 for an hour and a half. I haven't watched it in years, but I remember it being disgustingly racist? Also a bunch of poo poo jokes I think

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Eric is right: Existenz is loving garbage.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Calaveron posted:

I remember this really old Jim Carrey movie that happens entirely in this guy's room. Carrey plays the devil or death or something, who comes for this really misanthropic dude who is constantly saying he'd rather drop dead than do X.
It was a really odd movie that probably happened before Carrey was a thing.

High Strung. I remember seeing that a couple times on HBO.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

High Strung. I remember seeing that a couple times on HBO.

Holy poo poo yes. What a bizarre movie. Watched it when I was like, 7. Wonder what appreciation I'd have for it today

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I think I was around that same age when I saw it, too. I had no idea what to make of movies like that and Cabin Boy and the like.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Jim Carrey really does have a storied filmography.

I forget, do they like The Cable Guy?

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Jim Carrey really does have a storied filmography.

I forget, do they like The Cable Guy?

Yeah, they mentioned it on one of the Larry the Cable Guy episodes. One of them referred to it as a 'great movie', so I wouldn't count on it being a stay-tuned. My guess is probably the Number 23 as well.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
That's probably for the best. I like it too, but I know opinion is divided.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Darthemed posted:

Once Bitten would be great, too. Whole lot of camp and riffing opportunities for the guys.

poo poo that's the one I was thinking of!

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I feel like Number 23 could make for a good episode. I haven't actually seen it but stupid conspiracy theory and paranoia directed by Schumacher and starring Jim Carrey seems like it has potential.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I really want Eric's Lifetime Movie podcast to become a thing. Like Andrew said, most of them are boring and stupid, but the "good" ones are really something special.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Did they say that It'd be a movie starring Jim Carrey specifically? I'm thinking Ace Ventura jr (3) would be fun otherwise

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

BigglesSWE posted:

Did they say that It'd be a movie starring Jim Carrey specifically? I'm thinking Ace Ventura jr (3) would be fun otherwise

They never do a "bait & switch" and when they give the clue of a specific actor, he is in the movie. Usually in a starring role.

The first thing that popped into my head was Number 23, as mentioned.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm hoping they do When Nature Calls, since they've riffed on it in the past, I think. The racism in the sequel combined with the first one's transphobia makes Ace Ventura a series that's aged loving terribly.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Ace Ventura Jr. is a sight to behold.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Timett posted:

Scrolling through Jim Carry IMDB the only movie that jumps out at me is The Number 23

There are plenty of other films on the list I hate but I don't think anyone is Listener Requesting Bruce Almighty or whatever

The Number 23 is literally the only movie I've ever seen where the alternate ending makes less sense than the original ending. I love it so much. I have no idea how it was made and if it wasn't for this article I would swear that Fernley Phillips was some famous person's pseudonym.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Keep the TV movie train rolling.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Call Me Charlie posted:

The Number 23 is literally the only movie I've ever seen where the alternate ending makes less sense than the original ending. I love it so much. I have no idea how it was made and if it wasn't for this article I would swear that Fernley Phillips was some famous person's pseudonym.

What's the alternate ending?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm almost positive Number 23 was a stay tuned so it's probably that.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

weekly font posted:

I'm almost positive Number 23 was a stay tuned so it's probably that.

Where's that exhaustive list that the obsessed weirdos made?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I thought that WHM had already done a The Number 23 episode but it turns out it was actually The Flophouse. So now I'm really excited because if the movie is so ripe for mockery that it can make me confuse The Flophouse with WHM then WHM's take should be exquisite.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

cheerfullydrab posted:

Where's that exhaustive list that the obsessed weirdos made?

It's on the subreddit (of course), but according to this, Number 23 is not a stay tuned... but it's still pretty likely imo

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Hat Thoughts posted:

What's the alternate ending?

It was some poo poo like the son gets a letter from Jim Carrey and he goes over to the sink, pulls up his long sleeves and starts washing off a bunch of scribbles he drew on himself while going 'it's only a number'

starry skies above
Aug 23, 2015

by zen death robot
My favorite episodes are the ones were they cover the sort of films that weren't gutter level straight to video bad but rather were mainstream in their time (and even successful) but now look ridiculous in hindsight...like their take on Mrs.Doubtfire or Face/Off.

I hope they do one on "Independence Day."

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Wait did Face/Off not look ridiculous at the time?

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Only in the sense that you had Travolta and Cage at the time way out of their known character roles doing hardcore gun fights stylized Hong Kong choreography, kinda sorta playing against type. And just balls to the wall action that no normal Western cinema viewer had really ever seen before. Not many people had access to watch Hard Boiled, or The Killer.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The late 90s were an interesting time for movies. I mean, Face/Off was the same year as Con-Air.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The Face/Off episode makes me wish I had done Shoot 'Em Up as a listener request, because it has a similar imbalance of goofy over-the-top action setpieces and crazy performances but a storyline about gun control legislation, stem cell research, and infanticide that is completely at odds with the rest of the movie and just makes the whole thing uncomfortable and weird.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'd probably never sit down to watch an action movie, but the episodes about them are always so high-energy and funny I always look forward to 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
There's a new episode of Blame It On Outer Space up! I'm way too excited.