Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

?Met's? role list says Strongman can't be roleblocked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

We are really getting off of the beaten path here. Vote no lynch and let's get to it.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I don't think that's going to help the stagnation problem. I'm willing to go all in. You think Nth is scum enough to block, but not enough to vote?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am like 95% sure Nth is scum. Definitely enough to vote. But what we lose by no lynching is nothing, what we gain is possible clarity.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What we lose from no executing is possible breathing room, assuming you block the kill after an execution.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Amoeba102 posted:

Grandicap would have hammered if he were scum.
I don't think Grandicap was able to participate late last night:

Grandicap posted:

My internet is out and I will not be able to post until the technician comes out to fix it (posting at work now). He will be there sometime between 9-5 tomorrow so maybe I'll eventually exist again.
Sorry:(

And... poo poo. I didn't remember seeing this post before. That makes me look real bad:

Amoeba102 posted:

Nth, you've flipped on your own reads on Grandicap too easily that they couldn't have been genuine, and you pitched alast minute vote switch at the risk of no executing.

The big portion of my Grandicap being town belief was that I didn't think scum jailers were a thing. Opening the possibility up to jailers being scum had me reevaluating the earlier times Grandicap came up for votes. You would be correct that I was acting opportunistically. I didn't like being within spitting distance of being lynched and I saw a coalition that could get put together that would both scratch the newfound itch I felt about Grandi, get votes off of me, and get us to night.

I also acknowledged that I would look even worse if Grandi flipped town:

Nth Doctor posted:

Looks like we could get a consensus on Grandi right now, though if I help and he flips town: I am proper hosed.

It was a risk and in hindsight a bad one. I haven't put tons of thought into Lunatic mostly because as I said earlier:

Nth Doctor posted:

Further thing I believe:
Lunatic's vote on themselves went a way to establishing town cred with me. Maybe that's a common tactic when there's breathing room in the vote? I nearly cast a vote on myself earlier except it would have put me at hammer - 1.

But looking back, I saw Lunatic did so as a way of establishing that they would be back with an actual read later. I'm going to reread Lunatic's posting in the thread now.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

Grandicap would have hammered if he were scum. Asiina hasn't acted opportunistically.

He means on you. Earlier today. When I was around and posting.

Unless we are scum together, I am not scum because the game would be over.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Grandicap posted:

He means on you. Earlier today. When I was around and posting.

Unless we are scum together, I am not scum because the game would be over.

OH, got it.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Hal Incandenza posted:

My last game with Lunatic he was aggressive at scumhunting and analyzing posts and made it a point to say how much he couldn't stand people that said stuff that was dumb and scummy. This game he's only been invested at all when the whole bizarre masons thing happened and otherwise hasn't really looked at anything, and then this "oh woe is me poor town" that is total garbage. That was followed by a couple more empty posts talking about how town he is.

Strongly feel like Lunatic is scum. ##vote Lunatic Sledge

Amoeba102 posted:

I'm going to go with Hal. ##vote Lunatic Sledge

Asiina, if you go through your scum picks, you think it's either Nth and Lunatic or Grandi and Lunatic. Go with the easier option for now.

So if I discount Lunatic voting themselves as a nudge in the town, I agree with Hal: until recently a lot of Lunatic's posts have been either: "Hey, I'm town", and "Ugh, this game is hard and contentless"
Also Mario related stuff.

Also Lunatic had jokey defense on Slamburger, maybe:

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I would rather slam a killburger than kill a slamburger

Over the last day or so, though, Lunatic has been a lot more active including suspecting both me and Grandi. We're the last two claimed power roles, right Grandi? I'm not missing anyone am I?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Nth Doctor posted:

So if I discount Lunatic voting themselves as a nudge in the town, I agree with Hal: until recently a lot of Lunatic's posts have been either: "Hey, I'm town", and "Ugh, this game is hard and contentless"

Over the last day or so, though, Lunatic has been a lot more active including suspecting both me and Grandi. We're the last two claimed power roles, right Grandi? I'm not missing anyone am I?

No claimed powerroles. And at this point there is very little to not claim if you are town. (Self Protective Roles maybe)

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm really, really starting to think it's Lunatic and Amoeba or Hal.

I just have a feeling.

I'm pretty confident it isn't Grandi since he would have hammered, and Nth's behaviour today has made me far less sure of myself. I'm really doubting my earlier read.

I would vote for no lynch or Lunatic today, but please let's just hammer something, this is just dragging out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also if you really are a town tracker Nth, I wouldn't waste it on me. I'm vanilla town. No point in hiding that now since I imagine if we do no lynch Grandi will be the target.

Grandi basically needs to hope that he blocks his killer.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Amoeba102 posted:

Lunatic likewise had a weak vote on you, which didn't feel like there was any conviction in it and then he swapped to Grandicap.

I didn't have any conviction. I still don't have any conviction, one way or the other, between Grandi and Nth. I've actually said that several times, my big scum read right now is Hal. At first it was because his content was dodgy and his case on me was bad, but this last argument involved him repeatedly making poo poo up, trying to rearrange facts and act like poo poo happened differently than it blatantly did. He kept changing his case from "...well, Lunatic was avoiding a vote on Nth" when I did vote on Nth and he didn't, then his story was "...well, I would have voted on Nth if I was around," but he totally was on two separate occasions, poo poo like that. He keeps moving the goal posts to try and force a case on me, which is either some really banal, petty rear end tunnelling (see also: the like four jokes about super serious I'm supposed to be), or he's scum that knows I'm town and an easy target.

Nth Doctor posted:

My problem with the game has been thus: I like to jump on bullshit. The game started very, very slowly, which left me very little bullshit to jump on. When people start saying poo poo that doesn't add up or whatever, I kick into high gear and start tearing up asses. Not a lot of much has really happened the first few days. poo poo, Slamburger was lynched almost by pure luck. There hasn't been much content from anybody for me to start swiping at, and you can't even begin to say I'm the only one guilty of posting gently caress off nothing. Like, do I need to quote two pages or so of chef TV or whatever talk?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Nth Doctor posted:

Also, if I come off a little nettled this is partially why. Hal's been giving me poo poo all game for how seriously I play, but every time I make a joke or don't go totally loving bonkers posting quotes and throwing the heat lamp on people, a case gets made out of it. I take the game too seriously but the second I start to relax it means I'm scum. It is ever so slightly frustrating.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
It's not the joke part that's scummy.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Asiina posted:

Then what is it?

Because the last huge loving argument was that I'm scum for being gal pals with Nth, and now suddenly people are talking about Nth as town and I'm the scum for (?????).

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Asiina posted:

Putting it into context: lunatic's defense of slam was the day we lynched met, not slam.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Asiina posted:

Hasn't Amoeba gone after Lunatic, though?

Also, Amoeba has said that they trust Hal implicitly after the probing questions the other day.

Nothing solid and I'm phone posting, but that's my reaction to a Lunatic+(Hal/Amoeba) pairing.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal and I have gone after Lunatic. Hal has done a lot of casing. I pushed Lunatic over you, Nth, to Asiina yesterday.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Amoeba102 posted:

Hal and I have gone after Lunatic. Hal has done a lot of casing. I pushed Lunatic over you, Nth, to Asiina yesterday.

I've not actually seen much casing from Hal at all, except for on me and Grandi, and in both those cases Amoeba tends to follow strong. That's been going on sine around day 2 or so.

Like these? These ain't cases. This is all bandwagon and me-too, and any excuse available to jump on either myself or Grandi.

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote Grandicap

Why'd you kill my friend Rascyc Grandi?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Unless you are saying Jake is scum too...
##vote Met wahtever lets do something

Hal Incandenza posted:

okey doke ##vote Slamburger

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm with Asiina, would vote Lunatic, nth or grandi. I don't think nth and grandi are scum together but I am pretty sure one is. Leaning more towards nth based on how Grandi reacted to nth and nth's recent spate of posts that worked hard to say nothing at all.

Like, name a good casing Hal's done. Any of them, in this game. Aside from the recent spat with me, which I've mentioned already was incredibly flawed and shifty as hell.

There is a whole lot of Amoeba and Hal being pretty good pals, though. Remind me again why you guys trust each other so much?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Amoeba you must inspire me somehow because I seem to always be at or near the top of the postcounts of games you run or are in

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's me, I'm the town Amoeba

Amoeba102 posted:

Alright Hal, I trust you.

Amoeba sort of almost pressed Hal, once, and it puttered out with that above exchange. Like, and I don't even think this is remotely enough to condemn you two, but the fact that this whole narrative started off as "Nth is scum, Lunatic is not voting for him, so Lunatic is also scum" and then somehow transcended into "Well, Lunatic is scum, somehow, whatever" is pretty weak. Like, do you guys even know why you think I'm scum anymore? Hal's reasoning jumped ship like four times, starting from his very early game argument of "Well, Lunatic isn't posting very aggressively." I don't even know what the hell Amoeba's argument on me is. My weak conviction voting Nth? When Amoeba never voted Nth? When I admitted repeatedly, before and after, that my thoughts on Grandi/Nth was a coinflip at best?

Like, something's fuckered here, and I was thinking it was Hal because of his shifting arguments and fake retellings of events, but Amoeba's been trusting Hal's statements and arguments (even, and especially, the bad ones) a whole lot for what seems like very little reason.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Asiina posted:

And like, this makes no loving sense in the slightest. Amoeba and Hal just got done tearing my rear end up, and I'm fully convinced one or both of them are scum now. We're just magically assuming I'm scum now I guess, who the other scum must be is irrelevant but one of them's definitely Lunatic. Nobody knows why, just a gut feeling / he did(n't) vote for Nth / he's added in a lot of filler, despite y'know, chef talk.

Maybe you're all the scum, I don't loving know. This is what I get for not raising hell from d1, I have nothing to make cases on but the cases on me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Phone posting, re me and hal: just meta that i Trust him.

Re voting: I'm still strong on you and nth team.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Amoeba102 posted:

Phone posting, re me and hal: just meta that i Trust him.

Re voting: I'm still strong on you and nth team.

Me and Nth are a team, even though I've put a vote on him and put him in a very lynchable position two days in a row.

Cool, okay, got it. Good to know there's literally no possible way to convince you otherwise and you trust Hal for "just meta" reasons. Nothing scummy about that, no sir.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I vote that if we apathy no lynch and don't actually vote no lynch or actually lynch someone that Opop just end the game and declare us all losers.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

I vote that if we apathy no lynch and don't actually vote no lynch or actually lynch someone that Opop just end the game and declare us all losers.

I came close to threatening this earlier today, as a matter of fact.

If you guys decide to no lynch that's fine, but doing it because people aren't posting makes ole Opop sad

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Opopanax posted:

I came close to threatening this earlier today, as a matter of fact.

If you guys decide to no lynch that's fine, but doing it because people aren't posting makes ole Opop sad

Fair enough. I went back and forth on voting nolynch today since night is 9 hours off but here: ##vote no lynch

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Fine. ##vote no execute

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Cool, get your actions in scumbos. Also Grandi hope you block your own death!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nobody died and it's night now

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hurry up with the actions, nerdlords.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Real momentum building in this game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Amoeba just submit the kill and let's get going.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I would no kill just out of spite.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
just kill me pls

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If everyone wasn't too timid, we could have had this game moving.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I probably should have just voted Nth and been done with it. For better or worse.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Definitely.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Grandicap posted:

I probably should have just voted Nth and been done with it. For better or worse.

Agreed. Sorry I've been working like 60 hours in the last 3 days (not even an exaggeration) so I haven't said poo poo, but if there is a tomorrow lets get serious

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Just submit the nightkill so we can get going!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Scum crew is prolonging my torture, get this poo poo on with guys

• Locked thread