Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
I really want to see anatomy posts about the clearly paranormal monmusu girls, like Dullahan and Doppel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Die stupid cyclops, hahaha

Monoeye. Does she look Greek to you, racist?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Command Ant posted:

I really want to see anatomy posts about the clearly paranormal monmusu girls, like Dullahan and Doppel.
Read Franken Fran?

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Algid posted:

Read Franken Fran?

Now I want to see a crossover between Monmusu and Franken Fran.

Pringleton
Jul 21, 2008

Command Ant posted:

Now I want to see a crossover between Monmusu and Franken Fran.

I don't.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

deadly_pudding posted:

:shobon: I wasn't trying to be weird, sorry! Just keyed onto "would not fit in with some families".

Anyway, yeah^ Darling is like weirdly competent for what appears to be an unemployed high school dropout (or maybe it's summer vacation?). I kind of think Smith is definitely not paying him or anything, but probably he should at minimum go on track to be some kinda social worker.

I'm pretty sure there's more to Rachnee's backstory in the manga than has been explained in the anime (revealed in later chapters).

Droyer posted:

Isn't he in his early 20s? He doesn't seem like a highschooler to me.

And I too am pretty sure he's in his early 20s, and about the pay thing: Again, it is actually addressed in the manga. But it makes no sense to include something in the anime that isn't monstertits.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So, how many of the girls are still interested in Kirisu (or whatever his name is) at this point? Miia, Centorea, Rachnee, and maybe Meroune?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, how many of the girls are still interested in Kirisu (or whatever his name is) at this point? Miia, Centorea, Rachnee, and maybe Meroune?

all of them, op

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
So far, Dullahan's interest in Darling is entirely professional.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Smoking Crow posted:

all of them, op

I was under the impression Suu and Papi had more interest in goofing around with each other than messing with him.

And yeah, Lala's just an acquaintance.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I was under the impression Suu and Papi had more interest in goofing around with each other than messing with him.

And yeah, Lala's just an acquaintance.

in the world of monster musume everything wants to gently caress darling-kun

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Smoking Crow posted:

in the world of monster musume everything wants to gently caress darling-kun

Seems more like Suu wants to gently caress anything that moves, to be honest.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

i stick to my theory that he is, in fact, the newest undiscovered species of monmusu

He's a Hero, clearly.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Command Ant posted:

The dullahan has all her organs duplicated in her head well, actually, the head and body are different symbiotic species. No, seriously.

Although, apparently, they share a telepathic link.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

trucutru posted:

The dullahan has all her organs duplicated in her head well, actually, the head and body are different symbiotic species. No, seriously.

That explains why the body has seemingly a different personality while she's not attached, too. Jeff Goldblum was right, life really does find a way :staredog:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i will now rank all the monmusus from least good to best good in my opinion, note i have only watched anime-ing

Mero - just, eh, they set her up as a very one-note gimmick that got old immediately and that's about it, i think most agree on this front that she is Not An Optimal Monmusu

dragon lady - big flying jerkface

dryad lady - very quickly we already get to 'ones i like but are just less good than others' but dryad lady did exist for about five seconds so

Manako - a fairly okay cute blushy 'omg senpai accepted me' character but like, i find it hard to feel it when like, i myself am all shy awkward blushtime so hanging out with another such person would be hours of flailing

Polt - don't know her much. genki furry lady who does all the things. ah, good for her? sounds a bit pushy

Zombina - would gladly hang out and do cool stuff with on the stipulation that 'please do not take yourself apart i would be physically unable to put your stomach back inside you or something"

Rachne - i'm surprised as much as you that spider dominatrix ranks this low but it as well is getting slightly old, also she traded in her super cool outfit for like, a sports bra for some reason

Lala - i kinda like her so far but I haven't seen her enough to really make a proper assessment, she is most liable to jump a few places

Miia - tbh when i was like, 'i'm gonna post this on an internet forum' i thought miia would be second to last or something but as it turns out

Papi - the most amazing birb, has thus far completely owned every scene she's been in (well okay the whole egg things was like, uh) and is the undisputed queen of background shenanigans

Suu - personal bias

Tio - i am a-okay with only reaching up to someone's butt

Cerea - for some reason I just cannot help but like her, I dunno she's the most...relatable, almost, of the cast? like, i might actually meet someone like her and get along because she's all 'FOR HONOR AND JUSTICE AND KNIGHTSTUFF' and i'd be all 'woo yay go go horse lady, you can do it, sword those guys'

and by process of elimination my favorite is Doppel who has the coolest design, the best fashion sense, the most smug, is possibly some eldritch horror, and has been great in every scene we seriously need more Doppel, i'm really sad that in every episode where mon gets some spotlight she's just all 'nah i'm just gonna do something else'

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Gyra_Solune posted:

Lala - i kinda like her so far but I haven't seen her enough to really make a proper assessment

lol get used to that

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Doppel is boring af

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mero would probably be happy to be last on your list. It's more tragic that way, you see? :v:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

boom boom boom posted:

lol get used to that

dang it :(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

its really hosed up

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Part of why Rachne is 2nd best monmusu hasn't shown up in the anime yet.

Suu's the greatest.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

trucutru posted:

Wait, for real? Where didja find that?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Suu's gotten a few cool moments but has also gone entire episodes without even appearing and so far has mostly been 'really invasive pervert'

that said slime girls are cool so i have faith in her

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

Suu's mostly been 'really invasive pervert'

right - Suu is god tier.

Rachnee, Suu, Miia,
Cerea, Manako, Lala
Everyone else :nallears:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rachnee is the best because she is, of the major characters, the least defined by darling, is generally responsible and competent, and is everyone's cool big sister. Also she's probably the closest the series gets to showing divided opinion on the monster girls from people who aren't obvious jerks.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

She also dressed up like The Boss once and probably has a Cobra Unit of lamias somewhere.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Rachne, Suu and tio are god tier

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Gyra_Solune posted:

i will now rank all the monmusus from least good to best good in my opinion, note i have only watched anime-ing

Mero - just, eh, they set her up as a very one-note gimmick that got old immediately and that's about it, i think most agree on this front that she is Not An Optimal Monmusu

dragon lady - big flying jerkface

dryad lady - very quickly we already get to 'ones i like but are just less good than others' but dryad lady did exist for about five seconds so

Manako - a fairly okay cute blushy 'omg senpai accepted me' character but like, i find it hard to feel it when like, i myself am all shy awkward blushtime so hanging out with another such person would be hours of flailing

Polt - don't know her much. genki furry lady who does all the things. ah, good for her? sounds a bit pushy

Zombina - would gladly hang out and do cool stuff with on the stipulation that 'please do not take yourself apart i would be physically unable to put your stomach back inside you or something"

Rachne - i'm surprised as much as you that spider dominatrix ranks this low but it as well is getting slightly old, also she traded in her super cool outfit for like, a sports bra for some reason

Lala - i kinda like her so far but I haven't seen her enough to really make a proper assessment, she is most liable to jump a few places

Miia - tbh when i was like, 'i'm gonna post this on an internet forum' i thought miia would be second to last or something but as it turns out

Papi - the most amazing birb, has thus far completely owned every scene she's been in (well okay the whole egg things was like, uh) and is the undisputed queen of background shenanigans

Suu - personal bias

Tio - i am a-okay with only reaching up to someone's butt

Cerea - for some reason I just cannot help but like her, I dunno she's the most...relatable, almost, of the cast? like, i might actually meet someone like her and get along because she's all 'FOR HONOR AND JUSTICE AND KNIGHTSTUFF' and i'd be all 'woo yay go go horse lady, you can do it, sword those guys'

and by process of elimination my favorite is Doppel who has the coolest design, the best fashion sense, the most smug, is possibly some eldritch horror, and has been great in every scene we seriously need more Doppel, i'm really sad that in every episode where mon gets some spotlight she's just all 'nah i'm just gonna do something else'
Doppel aside this is pretty spot-on, and I'd say that Lala jumps above Papi as the series goes on.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
it seems to be that doppel is as well personal bias

i dunno i guess I just really enjoy the teasy smug prankster type of characters? like how my favorite character in Sakura Trick was Kaede who did maybe two things in the show and didn't even kiss another girl!! but she always seemed like she was plotting how to mess with people and it was fun.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
oh! i forgot silly chibi demonkidsan. she gets the resounding honor of probably being last place because kids who go out of their way to be annoying little jerks are kind of the worst, i'm already related to three of those

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Lala is worse than Mero.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

The absolute worst girl.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
gently caress off bees.

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

everythingWasBees posted:

Lala is worse than Mero.

Thats a weird way to spell Smith...

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Fooley posted:

Thats a weird way to spell Smith...

If we're counting Smith, she has to go pretty high on the list. Being human, she is the true monster. Also, I really identify with her "wanna get paid // also wanna just nap" attitude.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

everythingWasBees posted:

Lala is worse than Mero.
How does being this wrong feel? I've never been this wrong before.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i dunno about you but her first appearance was 'foolish mortal, lend me your soul' 'huh?' 'i am the reaper of death and your aid will land you the favor of the immortal' 'huh?' '...unyu please put my head back on my body i need it >//<' and that had me cracking up

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I don't remember a single interaction with Lala past this. She just doesn't have much presence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

HellCopter posted:

I don't remember a single interaction with Lala past this. She just doesn't have much presence
I had a response to this planned, then I stumbled across the reference.

• Locked thread