Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Colonel Corazon posted:

It would be cool if imgay had opinions.

my opinion is that u dum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

imgay posted:

my opinion is that u dum

Well that's a provocative counter-argument.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Colonel Corazon posted:

Rarity got bussed alright. I swapped you and Rarity.

You investigate yourself, scum?

Get shredded, imgay.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Why? Remember, imgay didn't actually clear Rarity-he targeted her, but CC bussed the two so he targeted himself (If he is a cop).

poo poo, you're right

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

imgay posted:

my opinion is that u dum

imgay who's the scum

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hmm, train of thought: there is no real cop, imgay is fake-copping, the real cop is aC after all

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

er, real cop being non-1-shot and aC's 1-shot-cop being the only investigation

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wait gently caress there was never a counterclaim on Max which i think at this point would have happened

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

ugh it's mostly flavor over content but i don't see imgay as a good lynch right now; i think a lot of imgay's weirdness can be explained by "imgay lol"

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Captain Foo posted:

ugh it's mostly flavor over content but i don't see imgay as a good lynch right now; i think a lot of imgay's weirdness can be explained by "imgay lol"

Does imgay usually play like this?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Captain Foo posted:

True. imgay is backed up by the flavour argument which I think is solid, whereas Rarity is going out of her way to ridicule flavour arguments because she can't come up with a flavour defense for herself.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
It is possible that the real Max is holding back to avoid revealing himself-or there may be no Max at all. Either way, I will agree that there's not enough solid evidence yet for an imgay lynch.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Though I will also say I'd be incredibly surprised if there's no Max in a Mad Max game

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

True. imgay is backed up by the flavour argument which I think is solid, whereas Rarity is going out of her way to ridicule flavour arguments because she can't come up with a flavour defense for herself.

I'm keeping quiet cause flavour seems linked to role, you loving idiot

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Does imgay usually play like this?

Why not look at his past games on votefinder.org and see for yourself?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rarity posted:

Why not look at his past games on votefinder.org and see for yourself?

I didn't know that was possible, thanks! I took a look at his most recent game, he was poo poo-posting even harder and ultimately turned out to be Town. The game before that, he was poo poo-posting and turned out to be Scum.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I don't really like how Ace chimes in on everything seems mad shade.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chamale posted:

flavor arguments are often bad but it seems reasonable at this point in this game for them to come into play

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Rarity first then imgay. My plan for now. I'll collect dumb quotes from Rarity when I get home but if you read through you'll see she's all over the place and super defensive. Imgay has nothing they can prove and won't give any other insight.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Colonel Corazon posted:

I'll collect dumb quotes from Rarity when I get home but if you read through you'll see she's all over the place and super defensive.

I agree on this and it's why I'm having a hard time getting a read on her

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Like I said, it's gut and I don't think I could draw up a good case on it. What stands out to me is that he was in the thread when Hiip got vigged (he posted at exactly the same time as the flip was posted) and then just completely disappears while we lynch Opop. He has nothing to say and no vote to contribute.

I think he's also been a little inconsistent with his opinions on people, Ernie, kash and Lumpen stand out on a re-read.

I know it's not really a good defense but I missed most of d2 because I was hanging out with friends. I think I checked in early in the day and phone-posted at aC asking about hiip?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Someone Awful! posted:

I know it's not really a good defense but I missed most of d2 because I was hanging out with friends. I think I checked in early in the day and phone-posted at aC asking about hiip?

SA! who do you think is scum right now and why

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

I didn't know that was possible, thanks! I took a look at his most recent game, he was poo poo-posting even harder and ultimately turned out to be Town. The game before that, he was poo poo-posting and turned out to be Scum.

Has your opinion of him changed now that you understand his meta better?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Captain Foo posted:

SA! who do you think is scum right now and why

Chamale. I still feel they are playing in a way I would expect newbie Scum to, and the double vote is a null tell.

I think the push on imgay for claiming cop is questionable. I don't know why it would be more likely that he would be Scum pulling a gambit than that he might actually be a Cop. An uncontested Cop claim doesn't clear him but I can't help thinking the pushback against it is mad suspicious.

Reading Rarity's post history, I think her d3 posting has been genuine. I agree with her case on LowellDND.

I don't like LowellDND's "let's use faulty logic to hunt Scum!" posting last night, I don't like how all his votes have seemed bandwagon-y and easy. His vote on Opop could easily be a bus -- actually, with his post about ignoring people who were voting Opop because we can "assume scum won't vote for scum" I think it's very likely that there were Scum on that lynch and LowellDND is trying to cover for them. He hasn't posted many opinions at all until d3 and most of the people he placed as Townie on his d3 list were people who had similar opinions to him. People agreeing with you doesn't make them Town.

Really, the more I think about it...

##vote LowellDND

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Someone, what do you think of AC?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Someone, what do you think of AC?

I think her one-shot cop claim is way more sketch than imgay's claim and her vote on Opop was fairly weak. Were I a Cop she'd be a prime investigation target and I'd be more easily convinced to vote her than imgay at present tbh.

I think LowellDND or Chamale are better/scummier targets right now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh sweet I'm going to be around for deadline again :toot:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I'm going to do a nice re-read of everyone and try to ignore the conclusions I've drawn so far.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Oh yeah I won't be around for deadline tomorrow because I'm going to be at a comic con like a fuckin nerd, just a heads up

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

LowellDND (2): Rarity, Someone Awful!
Rarity (2): Acebuckeye13, LowellDND, Chamale, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, Colonel Corazon
apostateCourier (1): Captain Foo
imgay (0): Colonel Corazon, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Chamale
Chamale (0): Someone Awful!, Rarity, Captain Foo, Rarity, Captain Foo, Someone Awful!

Not Voting (5): apostateCourier, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, fiery_valkyrie, imgay

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 19th, 2015 at 3 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 1 day.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Someone Awful! posted:

I think her one-shot cop claim is way more sketch than imgay's claim and her vote on Opop was fairly weak. Were I a Cop she'd be a prime investigation target and I'd be more easily convinced to vote her than imgay at present tbh.

I think LowellDND or Chamale are better/scummier targets right now.

So, do you think she is scum? Or town?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Someone Awful! posted:

Oh yeah I won't be around for deadline tomorrow because I'm going to be at a comic con like a fuckin nerd, just a heads up

I also won't be around because I'll be at a wedding. But I can be posting in the morning.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So, do you think she is scum? Or town?

I thought the logic laid out there indicated that I'm leaning towards a scum read, but if you need me to say it flat out, sure. I think there is a good chance she is Scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i may be around for deadline but it seems very unlikely, and in fact i probably won't be around much after 9-10 EST tonight

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i would really like to get something out of aC soon

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

i would really like to get something out of aC soon

i would really like to get something out of imgay soon :downs:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rarity posted:

Has your opinion of him changed now that you understand his meta better?

I still think he's probably Town because of the flavour case. Looking at his past games didn't help, he's a one-line shitposter whether he's Scum or Town.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Captain Foo I think you are the only one I can trust if you are scum please kill me last thank you

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Sorry. Been doing a lot of driving, then Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows came out and I kinda binged the entire thing.

I'd vote Lowell right now. That is the scum. I read it as newbie scum being afraid to say much.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Captain Foo posted:

poo poo, you're right

realizing that rarity flipping doesn't give us any info re: imgay at all i'm even less likely to vote her right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

apostateCourier posted:

Sorry. Been doing a lot of driving, then Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows came out and I kinda binged the entire thing.

I'd vote Lowell right now. That is the scum. I read it as newbie scum being afraid to say much.

i think you're bussing

• Locked thread