Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Gaunab posted:

I hated the Looney Tunes show because by making it Looney Tunes Seinfeld it got rid of a lot what made the characters entertaining. Bugs became the most bland of characters, Porky a walking doormat and Daffy was an irredeemable rear end in a top hat.

Porky has always been a walking doormat though, and Daffy has been an irredeemable rear end in a top hat ever since he stopped doing the "jump around and yell woohoo alot" thing like 50 years ago. If you wanted to pick one thing that The Looney Tunes Show did to deviate from the original cartoons, you picked pretty much the worst example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
So... I watched Pickle and Peanut and it was as about as horrible as I expected, and then I saw the Disney XD logo at the end, and I almost fainted. What made them sink so low???

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

raditts posted:

Porky has always been a walking doormat though, and Daffy has been an irredeemable rear end in a top hat ever since he stopped doing the "jump around and yell woohoo alot" thing like 50 years ago. If you wanted to pick one thing that The Looney Tunes Show did to deviate from the original cartoons, you picked pretty much the worst example.

I'll give you Porky but in order to fit sitcom format Daffy became more of a Peter Griffin rear end in a top hat which I found personally found annoying. That wouldn't be so bad if he could bounce off Bugs but they evened out Bugs too much and he became really bland.

Someone earlier said that Sonic Boom was like a show on the verge of being good but just missing a special something and that's the way I feel about the Looney Tunes show. Decent idea, mediocre execution.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

For some reason, I assumed that this NICKTOONS movie would be aired on Nickelodeon, because it's that kind of terrible idea that needs to be seen by as few people as possible. But reading it a little closer, it's going to be an actual feature film for movie theaters. Hoo boy.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Zorglorfian posted:

So... I watched Pickle and Peanut and it was as about as horrible as I expected, and then I saw the Disney XD logo at the end, and I almost fainted. What made them sink so low???

I'm really digging Pickle and Peanut. It's what I imagine a Toejam and Earl animated series would be like.

E: though I'll say I could totally understand not liking it

I'm real fuckin into this show

But then

I enjoyed Problem Solverz

E: yeah actually the more I watch the more this is definitely Toejam and Earl: the series

There's so many beats taken straight out of TJ&E

Sockser fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 10, 2015

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Sockser posted:

E: yeah actually the more I watch the more this is definitely Toejam and Earl: the series

There's so many beats taken straight out of TJ&E

I don't remember much about TJ&E. Please enlighten me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Well, remember the 90s?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Only 90s kids will get it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tomero_the_Great posted:

It was a really bad video game that people remember fondly for some reason.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

I still don't see the connection to Duck, Buck, Goose

(I vaguely remember playing it at a friend's house; falling off an edge and losing three levels of progress.)

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
You guys might want to pick up the Over the Garden Wall DVD for the composer's cut, which lets you hear full versions of several songs that were buried in the soundtrack. Highlights include the Beast's two songs and the Latin version of Potatoes and Molasses, plus demo samples over the closing credits. For some reason, though, full versions of some songs released to Youtube, like Langtree's Lament and Deborah Voigt's area, are not included.

Oh, and it also won Best Animated Show at the Emmys, too.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Here's a promo for that Wabbit show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrhmvR41kc

They cancelled the Looney Tunes Show for this?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
That looks really ugly but the humor looks mostly pretty alright.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Judging by that trailer, they're banking a lot on "characters being launched through the air / into things" sight gags.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

raditts posted:

Judging by that trailer, they're banking a lot on "characters being launched through the air / into things" sight gags.

Maybe I'm forgetting a lot of slapstick, but wasn't that generally a go to alongside people getting crushed in the original Looney Toons?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
What the gently caress happened to Sam? It looks a little varied in situations from what they showed, but at least it isn't the worst art style. It always Be Cool Scooby Doo...wait, that's also premiering as a Boomerang original show this October. Wow, CN doesn't even trust Scooby Doo to do well on its main channel.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Crabtree posted:

What the gently caress happened to Sam? It looks a little varied in situations from what they showed, but at least it isn't the worst art style. It always Be Cool Scooby Doo...wait, that's also premiering as a Boomerang original show this October. Wow, CN doesn't even trust Scooby Doo to do well on its main channel.

Kate Micucci as Velma is inspired casting. I'm glad Matthew Lillard found his role in life as well.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Crabtree posted:

What the gently caress happened to Sam?

He looks kinda Wario now

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Crabtree posted:

Huh, they made a Guardians of the Galaxy series. I don't know why I didn't expect that.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh man I just remembered the overdubbed Dream sequence. Solid gold

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

frank.club posted:

Oh man I just remembered the overdubbed Dream sequence. Solid gold

Uh, context?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
That Yosemite Sam design makes me irrationally angry.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Uh, context?

Pretty sure he just posted in the wrong thread

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
e: :doh: quote isn't edit

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ConanThe3rd posted:

Uh, context?

Lol I did. This and the TTG thread have the same tag in my bookmarks!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Crabtree posted:

Can't cut into that vital afternoon schedule of "5 hours of TTG/Gumball reruns"

Gaunab posted:

Huh, they made a Guardians of the Galaxy series. I don't know why I didn't expect that.

There was a backdoor pilot on that Ultimate Spider-Man show a year or so ago.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
This is a question about the recent "big" disney show which aren't Marvel or Star Wars related : is there some sort of mandate from the people upstairs about tickling people into submission? I've seen it in Gravity Falls (especially this one), Wander over Yonder and Star vs the Forces of Evil.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

frank.club posted:

Lol I did. This and the TTG thread have the same tag in my bookmarks!

Ah, I see.

X_Toad posted:

This is a question about the recent "big" disney show which aren't Marvel or Star Wars related : is there some sort of mandate from the people upstairs about tickling people into submission? I've seen it in Gravity Falls (especially this one), Wander over Yonder and Star vs the Forces of Evil.

Least violent way to KO someone?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

I like what I've seen of Gumball, but for whatever reason I just don't feel like watching it as much as I do with Cartoon Network's other shows.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Gumball rules and the only reason it's not the best Cartoon Network show is because AT and SU are mighty high bars to pass. It is absurdly good though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

raditts posted:

It's either that, or they bring back 5 hours of Johnny Test.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It's either that, or they bring back 5 hours of Johnny Test.

Thank god it's finally dead, it's amazing how a show that started out pretty decent could descend to such depths of mediocrity

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

Least violent way to KO someone?
All three shows aren't shy about punching and kicking, so I don't think that's it. And in the case of the most "graphic" of these shows, Gravity Falls, it actually feels more disturbing when the tickles are used than when the characters punch each other.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

drrockso20 posted:

Thank god it's finally dead, it's amazing how a show that started out pretty decent could descend to such depths of mediocrity

I guess you didn't see that coming
(whipcrack)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Never not going to post this.

https://youtu.be/7hxIi8j3QR0

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

X_Toad posted:

It's a fetish.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

mycot posted:

Never not going to post this.

https://youtu.be/7hxIi8j3QR0

I find it expresses it better to just tell someone to pick a random episode, any episode, and count the whipcracks themselves. Out of context like that it just looks weird and having someone pick the episode themselves makes it seem like a weird magic trick you just pulled because there's no way every episode could actually be like that, right?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

axleblaze posted:

I find it expresses it better to just tell someone to pick a random episode, any episode, and count the whipcracks themselves. Out of context like that it just looks weird and having someone pick the episode themselves makes it seem like a weird magic trick you just pulled because there's no way every episode could actually be like that, right?

While they're at it, play the totally safe Johnny Test Drinking Game! Take a sip for every whip crack and try not to die.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Acne Rain posted:

I guess you didn't see that coming
(whipcrack)

It's weird, when it first came out I thought it was actually pretty good, derivative as all hell, but something you could tell had effort put into it, and then it became something really awful

Also it's probably the cartoon with the overall most accurate Pokemon parody I've ever seen(well besides the Speed Racer speech thing everyone did, that was weird)

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Throughout the show's run, Rocko's Modern Life used that weird sound effect whenever Rocko walked. The difference is that it was actually, ya know, good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the whip thing isn't actually a reason why Johnny Test is bad (it's bad for many other reasons and most people don't even notice it) it's just really bizarre and nonsensical that it's like that.