Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: Haha, scum couldn't get me hung. Go town go! :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Well. I sure look bad.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
What a weird lynch. I read the thread this morning and could not believe you guys didn't lynch either TMM or Asiina.

Not that MiR posted much, but it was a bad lynch even if he had flipped scum because there was nothing to comb back through.

TMM's flip genuinely does surprise me, but if anything it just annoys me.

I'm going to reread last night, with an emphasis on who was defending who.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I have no actionable intelligence from my night action.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah wow I don't know what happened with that lynch. Last minute swing based on no real case.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Grandicap posted:

I have no actionable intelligence from my night action.

Wouldn't want to out the doctor :v:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The person I visited went nowhere. There is no need to divulge who that is unless they make a claim which contradicts that.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Gee guys, lynching some guy last-minute because of ??? has really helped our discussion pick up!!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Grandicap posted:

I feel like the case on Asiina is the absence of something rather than the presence of something. I am not a fan of cases like that. You need more than a day of sample size to draw conclusions from the absence of meaningful content.

I am a fan of the MiR vote. I will switch there because Kash seems to be not an option because apparently everyone is dumb.

##unvote
##vote MiR

Reasonless vote, never mentioned MiR before this post.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

##vote mir

Going to bed so hope there's no last minute changes

Reasonless vote, avoids voting Asiina because "the votes look bad."

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm assuming nobody else has been posting because you're all loving embarrassed about making that awful lynch happen.

##vote Grandicap

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The anarc one bugs me because as well as being reasonless it's a final lock in before they left. If you're not going to be able to change your vote then perhaps you should give it a bit more examination before you go?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

##vote LJ, a play in three acts:
Primavera
(directed to TMM)

ljtrigirl posted:

Like, it just looks like it's down to you and Grandi, and I think he's good. So, I'd rather lynch you.

ljtrigirl posted:

I'd be ok with an Asiina lynch if people want to move there.

I will not lynch Grandi, especially not over TMM.

Estate

ljtrigirl posted:

Eh. I'd rather lynch someone that claimed VT that I think is scummy.

##vote asiina
(one minute later)

ljtrigirl posted:

Plus there's a whole lot of sketch on uhhh.

Inverno

ljtrigirl posted:

Grand and TMM. Plus Vimes/merk/Anon are all in that "haven't said anything that makes me think they're good" pool.

If Asiina is a hit, I think Anon probably is too based on dat lurk vote.

LJ did a random 180 on Grandicap after straight-up stanning for him a few hours earlier, and all he did between those points was to claim tracker. Someone slipped up forgot their cover story~

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

The anarc one bugs me because as well as being reasonless it's a final lock in before they left. If you're not going to be able to change your vote then perhaps you should give it a bit more examination before you go?

I don't want to vote behind this but I'm kinda thrown by ANarc saying she was going to bed but then posting like 15 minutes later. If you're going to stick around in whatever capacity ANarc stuck around in, why make that announcement?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Power of Pecota posted:

##vote LJ, a play in three acts:
Primavera
(directed to TMM)

Estate

(one minute later)

Inverno

Grand and TMM. Plus Vimes/merk/Anon are all in that "haven't said anything that makes me think they're good" pool.

If Asiina is a hit, I think Anon probably is too based on dat lurk vote.

LJ did a random 180 on Grandicap after straight-up stanning for him a few hours earlier, and all he did between those points was to claim tracker. Someone slipped up forgot their cover story~
[/quote]

I can buy this, especially after ljtri was okay at reading people in Pearl. Pressure on mir and pressure on TMM (though the latter I can understand, he did look a bit sketchy). I would definitely like to see some pressure on her at the very least.

##vote ljtir

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Asiina

This is what we should have done at deadline.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We won't see any pressure from LJ elicit a response until Monday so we should explore other options for now at least. Once she's back ill be happy to help applying pressure

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

The Ninth Layer posted:

Reasonless vote, avoids voting Asiina because "the votes look bad."

It's only a reasonless vote if you ignore the post I made right before that.

Ok I'm really having a hard time getting a good read on anyone. I'll vote whichever way to ensure we don't no lynch, and I promise I'll do better tomorrow!!

Power of Pecota posted:

I don't want to vote behind this but I'm kinda thrown by ANarc saying she was going to bed but then posting like 15 minutes later. If you're going to stick around in whatever capacity ANarc stuck around in, why make that announcement?

You've never intended to go to bed but ended up staying up a little later and checking a thread again?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Asiina is the right lynch today. She should have been the lynch yesterday. I apologize for being on my phone and skipping a ton of posts. I would have seen this case near deadline and pushed it had I actually looked.

Asiina is playing a careful game, something that you don't see from her when she's town. I am saying she is being careful because she isn't actually trying to find scum. She's trying to make it look like she's participating in the overall scum discussion without really causing any waves. This is scum play from her.

Asiina posted:

I don't like Kashuno for calling out someone when he's provided nothing of substance of his own. Also Grandi made other posts commenting on Madman and PMom, which Kashuno hasn't done, but he ignores those entirely.

THE TOTALITY OF ASIINA'S SCUM READS:
##unvote
##vote Kashuno

Asiina posted:

That Kashuno case on MiR is just "here's a bunch of things that happened" without any real analysis and then a vote at the end. What is even the point?

This is the most telling aspect of the Asiina case. She makes a case on Kashuno and never follows up on it, never tries to convince the rest of the thread to vote with her, and never asks anyone else what they think about her Kashuno case. She made this case with the sole purpose of making a case, not convincing the thread to lynch with her case. The intent behind the case is one coming from a scum player.

Look at the rest of her content throughout the day. It is worthless to the overall scum hunting discussion and it never goes back to her strongest scum read, Kashuno. In one instance (which I've removed), she says that she's "fine" with her Kashuno vote. That's it. That's all she ever says after these two posts on Kashuno.

ASIINA'S BASELESS TOWN READS:

Asiina posted:

[TMM has] done this as town twice before in games I've been in with him, which is why I think he's town here.

ASIINA'S WORTHLESS POSTS ON OTHER CASES:

Asiina posted:

An ANarc lynch would be terrible today, no way I'm voting that.

Asiina posted:

It will give us absolutely no information for tomorrow no matter what she flips and it's not like the game is void of other potential lynches that would be far more useful going forward.

Asiina posted:

Why are you assuming the scum team will take out a lurker?

They could just as easily go after someone who opposed them and let ANarc be modkilled for free later.

Plus even if they were going to absolutely kill her, why is a lynch that gives us no information better than a nightkill that gives us no information?

And why is learning the alignment of someone who hasn't posted at all useful information? If she's town, scum have an extremely easy excuse for the vote and if she's scum, there's nothing to go through in her posting to look for connections.

This is a scum player playing a safe day 1. She is more interested in staying alive and looking like she's trying to find scum than diving into content and finding scum herself.

##unvote; ##vote Asiina

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm assuming nobody else has been posting because you're all loving embarrassed about making that awful lynch happen.

I think you're wrong. We got a hell of a lot of information at the end of d1 that will be useful in later days. For example, if Asiina flips scum, we now see how a ton of players were reacting when it was MiR/Asiina.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Power of Pecota posted:

Between these too I think I'm going with a ##unvote ##vote Asiina. The string of soft mentions of voting her around page 11 when TMM starts bringing her up skeeves me out more than anything around MiR.

What do you think about Asiina now?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

I think you're wrong. We got a hell of a lot of information at the end of d1 that will be useful in later days. For example, if Asiina flips scum, we now see how a ton of players were reacting when it was MiR/Asiina.

I guess to add to this: I'm not thrilled we lynched a Doctor, but I think we got way more information out of d1 than we would have if we lynched TMM on the wet fart end of day I saw from the airport.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
TNL I didn't not vote asiina because "the votes on her looked bad" but because I didn't see the case on her and a ton of people had jumped on the bandwagon without any real thought

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TNL I didn't not vote asiina because "the votes on her looked bad" but because I didn't see the case on her and a ton of people had jumped on the bandwagon without any real thought

What do you think of my case on her now? What do you think of her alignment now that you know MiR is town?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm out most of today but will give asiina a reread when I get home. Merk makes a good case.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

After reading merk's case I went back through Asiina's post history because I thought there were a couple posts from her late D1 that I liked and wanted to read, but I couldn't find them. They must not exist!

##vote Asiina

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

merk posted:

I guess to add to this: I'm not thrilled we lynched a Doctor, but I think we got way more information out of d1 than we would have if we lynched TMM on the wet fart end of day I saw from the airport.

Are you saying this in hindsight of TMM's flip? I agree with the info from the Asiina/MiR race, but everyone posted about TMM and there would've been info there too.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

BottleKnight posted:

Are you saying this in hindsight of TMM's flip? I agree with the info from the Asiina/MiR race, but everyone posted about TMM and there would've been info there too.

Kind of. There's still all of that info that someone could mine.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

merk posted:

What do you think about Asiina now?

I'd still vote Asiina, I didn't catch how she dropped Kash yesterday - for some reason I thought she was voting TMM most of the day. I'd go LJ > Asiina > Grandi right now.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

As opposed to MiR who had a great case on him?

How was a vote on him better than a vote on Asiina?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##unvote ##vote Anonymous Narcotics

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The thing that makes me reluctant to vote for Asiina is the fact that she fought against the TMM lynch when joining in would have contributed to a lynch that could have easily been defended because of how TMM tends to get under people's skin.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That's a BS case, merk. I feel that Kashuno is scum, but just because I'm not soliciting opinions on it the entire day doesn't mean I believe it any less. I've never been the kind of person to try to force people to see things my way. I make my case and make my vote, and if people want to agree with me or not then fine, I'm not going to belabour the issue. And just because you say my other opinions are baseless or worthless doesn't make it true. Quoting a bunch of posts and saying they are worthless is completely meaningless.

Power of Pecota posted:

I'd still vote Asiina, I didn't catch how she dropped Kash yesterday - for some reason I thought she was voting TMM most of the day. I'd go LJ > Asiina > Grandi right now.

This is also complete bullshit. I was on Kashuno the entire day, but then switched to mir because the only other option was me. I didn't drop it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

The thing that makes me reluctant to vote for Asiina is the fact that she fought against the TMM lynch when joining in would have contributed to a lynch that could have easily been defended because of how TMM tends to get under people's skin.

WIFOM, could easily have been apprehensive about dropping a bandwagon vote on the #1 guy, especially if you know in advance he's going to flip town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
TNL, what do you think of Asiina?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Asiina posted:

That's a BS case, merk. I feel that Kashuno is scum, but just because I'm not soliciting opinions on it the entire day doesn't mean I believe it any less. I've never been the kind of person to try to force people to see things my way.

The thing is that's kind of the game description of mafia :yum:

btw I know LJ's out until late tomorrow, but that doesn't mean people (besides Vimes) have to wait until then to comment on my case. I'm not seeing a sensible reason for her turnaround on Grandi, it reads to me like she was desperate to add extra names to the "sketchy" list besides TMM and forgot to reverse-engineer a reason.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

TNL, what do you think of Asiina?

Probably scum and it would explain the MiR flip. What do you think of ANarc?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

The Ninth Layer posted:

Probably scum and it would explain the MiR flip. What do you think of ANarc?

Probably scum because I am certain Asiina is scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Asiina, I'm softclaiming that I know you're scum. Your move.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Asiina, I'm softclaiming that I know you're scum. Your move.

Then you're lying.

##vote merk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cool. I Don't intend to full claim. Let's run this lynch through.

• Locked thread