Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Scum crew is prolonging my torture, get this poo poo on with guys

Amoeba102 posted:

I would no kill just out of spite.

I'm beginning to think this is what is happening ^^^
Side bonus for scumteam: whomever Grandi blocks would be lynched as the blocked killer. 2/3 odds of it being a townie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I am convinced Hal is a scum.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I am convinced Hal is a scum.

That's weird. Why?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I feel lovely for saying it, but it's because night is taking so long and you haven't been here.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Thats harsh.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I know, it feels against the spirit of the game, but I also can't really ignore the facts.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Asiina posted:

I know, it feels against the spirit of the game, but I also can't really ignore the facts.

Don't forget that Op works twelve hour shifts without forums access.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Asiina posted:

I feel lovely for saying it, but it's because night is taking so long and you haven't been here.

Well I was here like 15 hours ago and 4 hours ago and the day still hasn't started so I dunno about that.

Also sorry, I am finally done with a 94 hour work week (a new record for me!) and I will be better. I feel bad I have let everyone in all my mafia games down :(

On the plus side I did get to install 2 of the 19 of these theatres in the world

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina, Town Aligned Vanilla, was killed N5

It is now D6

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:ghost: Hooray! :ghost:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (6): Amoeba102, Asiina, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Lunatic Sledge, Nth Doctor

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:ghost: I'm still in that votefinder. :ghost:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Whatever man. What. Ever

Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (5): Amoeba102, Grandicap, Hal Incandenza, Lunatic Sledge, Nth Doctor

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 21st, 2015 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 23 hours.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Alright, before Hal says it (and this is a serious question): Is a dead Asiina an attempt to set up Hal? The last thing she said was that she suspected Hal, even if the reasoning for it was awful.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
Though that's kind of a tacky attempt at a setup if that's an attempt at a setup

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

It's a setup!

Seriously though, someone must have some valuable results

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Hal Incandenza posted:

It's a setup!

Seriously though, someone must have some valuable results

I'm here, and it looks scummy of me not to post my results, but I didn't get any. Not "no result" no pm at all. Check your PM's, please, Poop.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

I'm here, and it looks scummy of me not to post my results, but I didn't get any. Not "no result" no pm at all. Check your PM's, please, PoopOpop.

Mafia edit. Stupid auto correct.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Why would scum not kill EITHER of the outed power roles? Very odd. Either they have some kind of ninja role or at least one of them is scum, or both.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic/Amoeba claims please? I'm VT.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

Mafia edit. Stupid auto correct.

Got my results.
Hal did not go anywhere.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Why would scum not kill EITHER of the outed power roles? Very odd. Either they have some kind of ninja role or at least one of them is scum, or both.

Maybe we have nice scum:

Asiina posted:

We have a tracker and roleblocker claim, let's see what happens.

Also maybe I'll die and it won't be my problem anymore.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

Lunatic/Amoeba claims please? I'm VT.

I'm also vanilla town.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Same vanilla.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jeez, I could see almost anyone being scum at this point based on content. Scum did not have a godfather and nothing else if town had masons, cop, doc, watcher and roleblocker, so something is up there. My heart says roleblocker is the most likely scum if everyone is telling the truth.

Can we get a summary of actions again from Grandi and nth?

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Here's mine:
Night 1 I tracked Met, who went nowhere.
Night 2 I tracked Asiina, and the action failed.
Night 3 I tracked This Post Sucks, who went nowhere. Because they were murdered in the face.
Night 4 I tracked Asiina, and the action failed.
Night 5 I tracked Hal Incandenza, who went nowhere.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

Jeez, I could see almost anyone being scum at this point based on content. Scum did not have a godfather and nothing else if town had masons, cop, doc, watcher and roleblocker, so something is up there. My heart says roleblocker is the most likely scum if everyone is telling the truth.

If Grandicap is scum, then he's scum with Nth - He was around and talking when Nth was at -1 and pushed for the no execute instead of hammering. If he were scum he would have hammered unless Nth is his scum buddy.
But I don't buy that Nth would try a last minute switch onto his scum buddy as a compromise instead of just hammering Lunatic.

I would say that a Nth/Lunatic team still makes the most sense to me. all things considered.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Are you alive, Grandi?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Amoeba102 posted:

I would say that a Nth/Lunatic team still makes the most sense to me. all things considered.

Yeah, my putting him well into lynching range two days in a row certainly isn't evidence worth considering. gently caress, I'll happily vote him again today if it comes to it, just to show off what good scum buddies we are. You don't make any sense, Amoeba.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lunatic Sledge posted:

Yeah, my putting him well into lynching range two days in a row certainly isn't evidence worth considering. gently caress, I'll happily vote him again today if it comes to it, just to show off what good scum buddies we are. You don't make any sense, Amoeba.

I don't even know if you are scum or not, but you have to realize that there is a thing called bussing, and while you have voted nth you have hardly pushed him at all and you've barely said anything about why you would think he was scummy. You keep painting this picture of how you did this thing on D2 that put him at -1, but absolutely nothing about that was townie. Let's look back at the situation:

Less than an hour to deadline, there are two people with votes on them. nth, with 2 and you with 2 (including yourself)

You came in with "yeah I didn't think nth was a bad guy but look at the posts this page" and vote nth, who is literally the only other option that seems viable at that point. That can very easily be seen as the scum on the block and one jumping on the other to buy townie cred if it happens.

At the first opportunity you jump onto grandi and make no effort to get anyone to vote nth

You cannot be bent out of shape if people don't think that series of actions totally clears you as town. Scum could and would do exactly what you did there.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Hal Incandenza posted:

I don't even know if you are scum or not, but you have to realize that there is a thing called bussing, and while you have voted nth you have hardly pushed him at all and you've barely said anything about why you would think he was scummy. You keep painting this picture of how you did this thing on D2 that put him at -1, but absolutely nothing about that was townie. Let's look back at the situation:

Less than an hour to deadline, there are two people with votes on them. nth, with 2 and you with 2 (including yourself)

You came in with "yeah I didn't think nth was a bad guy but look at the posts this page" and vote nth, who is literally the only other option that seems viable at that point. That can very easily be seen as the scum on the block and one jumping on the other to buy townie cred if it happens.

At the first opportunity you jump onto grandi and make no effort to get anyone to vote nth

You cannot be bent out of shape if people don't think that series of actions totally clears you as town. Scum could and would do exactly what you did there.

My problem is this: yeah, it won't completely clear me as town. I get that.

- Amoeba is convinced Nth is scum.
- I didn't have a lot of heart in my Nth vote, but I did vote for him.
- You didn't vote for Nth.
- Grandi didn't vote for Nth.
- Amoeba won't even consider those things relevant.

And I'm not saying that makes you or Grandi scummy, because again, I really *do* lack conviction on the Nth case. I think either him or Grandi is scum, but both have been about equal parts bullshit about equal parts legit, and I want to see what Grandi says he did last night before I come to any hard conclusions. Amoeba doesn't care what Grandi did. Amoeba doesn't care that you didn't help lynch Nth last night. Amoeba doesn't care, he votes with his ~*~gut~*~ and undefined meta reasons this late into the game and feels absolutely no need to explain his logic in a rational way for other people. If that's town behavior that's not good or helpful town behavior, and I'm personally inclined to believe it's not town behavior at all.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
Like, Amoeba's absolutely convinced that Nth is scum, but only if I'm also scum because of one bad vote I completely explained (as being a bad vote). That's a weird loving idea to get stuck on.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
And if people are actually that god drat convinced that I'm scum despite voting Nth not just the day before last, but yesterday as well, and won't look at absolutely any other cases or consider any other possible outcomes or even look at the loving argument they're trying to make, then loving vote me off and get it over with. I'm not going to spend another 30 hours or whatever arguing with ~*~meta feelings~*~ and shifting goal posts, I got fired up enough about that poo poo already. Right now we just keep going in a loving circle yelling LUNATIC IS THE SCUM and I'm still here, flabbergasted about "well he didn't have conviction about Nth even though I don't either" poo poo.

You, Hal, jumped straight to Grandi the same day I did and your only attempt to convince anybody to stay on Nth was "but I'd prefer to vote Nth." Even though you'd had ample opportunity earlier in the day, I posted the quote and timestamp to prove it, and you never voted Nth. We've been over this. I'm not going over this again. I'm not going to keep repeating the same arguments for people to ignore them, I'm not going to keep defending myself from the same bad case if it's irrelevant. I'm town. But if I get lynched and town loses because of it, I'm not going to frankly give a poo poo anymore. I'd prefer that to another 30 hours or whatever of going in the same circle, with the same argument, with the same people not considering anything that I have to say for ~*~meta reasons~*~. I'm going to work, and I hope to god when I come back either some other loving case has been made, or I've been lynched and this poo poo is over with, because if it's not one of those then people have been wasting their loving time.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?
And, just to quadruple post for great justice, I'm putting my money where with my mouth is.

##vote Amoeba

You want my conviction? There it is. I think everybody here has an equal chance of being scum. Nobody's hands are clean. But Hal is a tough cookie to crack, and I've gone circles with him before. This might just be Hal being Hal. Amoeba's being irrational and tunneling hard, and I dunno, maybe that's what he does. Maybe he just plays like that. But I don't have magical meta knowledge, so I'm putting the vote down. I'll see you guys after work.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

You keep removing everything from context.

##vote Lunatic Sledge

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

FOOTBALL!!!

I have had a busy weekend and am not caught up. I blocked Asiina. Will catch up after football tonight.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Jeez lunatic, only amoeba really said they were sure you scum. Everyone else is just looking at you like we are all looking at each other.

At least we know one of you and Amoeba is scum for sure now, I am actually leaning Amoeba but going to wait to hear from Grandi before voting.

I suppose grandi and nth could be the scumteam and grandi is biding his time for nth to show up though... hope not!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal, If it's Nth/Grandi, why would Nth swing try to a swing a vote onto Grandi at the last minute the other day?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amoeba102 posted:

Hal, If it's Nth/Grandi, why would Nth swing try to a swing a vote onto Grandi at the last minute the other day?

I really find that to be the least likely combo, I'm just being paranoid that they are going to sneak in and win.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Hal, why do you think it's me? I've been straight forward about why I believe what I believe. The only thing Lunatic can say I've been illogical about is that I've decided to trust you implicitly. You haven't done anything scummy, so it's hardly a bad stance to take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Yeah, don't be paranoid about it. It's just a game, go with what you think because there are no stakes in this.

• Locked thread