Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Surely that was a forward pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Some quality no arm tackles going in now

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Plan the parade boys. It's the Spirit of 03 Train coming through.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Madkal posted:

Plan the parade boys. It's the Spirit of 03 Train coming through.

Not enough rolling mauls

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
LEARN TO PASS FIJI JESUS

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Looking forward to Fiji vs Wales.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ooooooh

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Fiji have done some wonderful things in defence at the breakdown, passed like idiots, and kicked like cripples

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
If Jonny May is going to keep jumping into tackles he'll have no one to blame but himself when he gets broken in half

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Noice

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Bloody hell

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Bum. :(

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Probably the most flattering score line in history.

Hard fought win against a phenomenally improved team.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Swan Curry posted:

If Jonny May is going to keep jumping into tackles he'll have no one to blame but himself when he gets broken in half

One of those combination high-low tackles while in mid-air sets him spinning like a propeller and he takes off into the sky never to be seen again.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
It looks like an opening match against Wales or Australia would have been a bad move for England. They loving sucked.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
The least convincing 5 point win of all time.

Australia is not going to give a gently caress about England if they don't get their poo poo together.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I was really disappointed in Fiji, I thought they were garbage and way below what they're capable of. Their backline all played individual games, and their passing, kicking and handling skills were terrible.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Exactly the sort of opening game this world cup needed. Now we might get a few days rest from "WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO WIN THE WORLD CUP [ENGLAND 37%]" . The inquest is probably beginning now in media backrooms across London.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

rejutka posted:

LEARN TO PASS FIJI JESUS

x1000

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Pfff. Passing is for Northern Hemisphere wankers.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Another AAA+++ WOULD BUY AGAIN for the OP, really good work - entertained and educated me, and I've only read a chunk of it. Look forward to going through the rest to learn more about the current state of teams. Although as a Welshman you should know that our anthem is officially GWLAAAAAAD/10.

I can only presume this is the same in Primarks in the home nations countries, but I picked up a shirt there today and its... surprisingly really good? It's definitely above "Red T-Shirt with WALES written on it in big letters, possibly spelt incorrectly". The World Cup and WRU logos are properly stitched on, the material is solid and it cost a whopping £10. I haven't compared it to the £60 Under Armour one that I have at my house, and I know a different design, but for an official product that's 1/6 the price of the replica jersey it's a bargain.

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
gently caress england i hate them

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is it polyester?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Smorgasbord posted:

I was really disappointed in Fiji, I thought they were garbage and way below what they're capable of. Their backline all played individual games, and their passing, kicking and handling skills were terrible.

They're still being hosed over by last years' big political hissy-fit, don't have any sort of training or travel budget, and almost all play in England or France, who's rugby unions refused to allow foreign players a release to meet up with their national teams until weeks or even months after world cup preperations started for their national teams.

Who was man of the match, btw?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Tyma posted:

Who was man of the match, btw?

TMO

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

goatface posted:

Is it polyester?

Yep, 100% Polyester.

And the rugby ball in the castle that everyone is probably sick to death of already really is awesome. It's great to see someone have a really smart idea and the council of all people run with it (the last idea they had was "lets steal EL BROMANCES bin"). Loads of people out taking photos, so couldn't resist snapping a bunch myself.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I'm going to pick up that shirt from Cardiff Primark on Sunday, with some gold electrical tape to go around the sleeves for that extra authenticity.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Stock level didn't seem too bad which is good, and hopefully restocking often. They have hoodies too I think, but I didn't look much further as I wanted to just get in and out. The scarves for £8 aren't bad either.

The WRU Store has been out of their shirts except in S everytime I looked. Had to go elsewhere to get my replica jersey, which is just daft. Same with my NFL shirt in the US, nobody seems to think people might want to buy these things at the beginning of the season/tournaments.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

goatface posted:

One of those combination high-low tackles while in mid-air sets him spinning like a propeller and he takes off into the sky never to be seen again.

That's going to make a fantastic gif

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

And the rugby ball in the castle that everyone is probably sick to death of already really is awesome. It's great to see someone have a really smart idea and the council of all people run with it (the last idea they had was "lets steal EL BROMANCES bin"). Loads of people out taking photos, so couldn't resist snapping a bunch myself.

I think that's really cool, I also thought the big one in the center of the field in the opening ceremony was a pretty cool visual.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 19, 2015

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

gently caress England and gently caress the TMO. He was constantly looking for ways to gently caress over Fiji. gently caress.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh yeah and just chiming in that the opening posts were a lot of fun and very informative, thanks Tyma :)

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Where can I see highlights?

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!

Mister Chief posted:

Here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTrWqhsLxKU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Mister Chief posted:

Heh. Highlights.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I was speaking generally. It's cool they're just putting them on youtube. Not like the loving ICC.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I missed it while watching, but apparently one of the commentators straight up said,"The population of Fiji will be in the island's one village gathered around their only tv, hoping the generator doesn't fail"? :stare:

AllAmericanAndy
Apr 12, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I missed it while watching, but apparently one of the commentators straight up said,"The population of Fiji will be in the island's one village gathered around their only tv, hoping the generator doesn't fail"? :stare:

I'm not sure if the bit about one village and one TV was actually said. It was more like 'they will be back in Fiji around the TV hoping the generator doesn't fail'.

Not nearly as bad as you are suggesting but not great either. I think it was just a poor turn of phrase rather than there being any malice/Ron Atkinson moment.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
It was something along the lines of 'in some of the outlying islands (not the main two) a Fijian commentator has told me the entire population will be crowded around the only TV with a satellite dish and a a generator'.

ITV are poo poo enough not to need manufactured outrage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Reading the OP has made me realise I completely forgot to put Scotland on a RWC A-Board for my pub

Probably for the best though