Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thats a retarded thing to announce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

imgay posted:

thats a retarded thing to announce

Honk honk!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
go cuck yourself

##vote LowellDND

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Non scum please Unvote Lowell

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

imgay posted:

go cuck yourself

##vote LowellDND

You thought Rarity was scum, you investigated her. Now you're voting for the same person she is. Why?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

You thought Rarity was scum, you investigated her. Now you're voting for the same person she is. Why?

Godammit, this is a really good point. FV, why you gotta mess with my mind?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah.

Cool story bro

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

my earlier thoughts:

maybe scum
cham
1) apostate

scum
2) rarity
3) imgay

now voting against me
1) apostate
2) rarity
3) imgay
someone awful

I think I struck a nerve :v: Increasingly sure I am on the right track. Someone, the colonel and I both have you tagged as non-scum, so please change your vote of me if you would :D

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
SA, I wanted to go back to this.

Someone Awful! posted:

I know it's not really a good defense but I missed most of d2 because I was hanging out with friends. I think I checked in early in the day and phone-posted at aC asking about hiip?

You did talk about Hiip when AC claimed cop, but you also posted again at exactly the same time as the mod posted Hiip's flip with this.

Someone Awful! posted:

What the hell I leave for like an hour and this happens :psyduck:

However you never posted again that day while everyone was talking and voting Opop. Why not?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

anyway my move right now is ##vote aC

i will not vote imgay while rarity is still alive

I went back and looked at AC under the premise he was a scum role cop instead of 1-shot cop, but he was early and enthusiastically on the vote for Opop. I don't see it as a bus.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

SA, I wanted to go back to this.

You did talk about Hiip when AC claimed cop, but you also posted again at exactly the same time as the mod posted Hiip's flip with this.

However you never posted again that day while everyone was talking and voting Opop. Why not?

'Cause I thought I'd have time to continue to post but I did not. Like I said, I know it's a lovely defense, but it's all I've got -- I've been helping a friend move in and get acquainted with the area so my availability has been weird and patchy during the afternoons/evenings.

I thought I'd be able to go back and continue making comments but then day 2 ended insanely fast. I absolutely would've voted Opop had I been around to; iirc my only post on him was d1, here:

Someone Awful! posted:

Opop's posts have all been one line long and his vote on Kashuno is unsubstantiated. I'm frowning at him.

and what little he posted d2 didn't leave me feeling much better, but I didn't get a chance before the hammer was dropped. :shrug:

I will, for the moment,

##unvote

but I'll need to find a better target soon as I'll be busy tomorrow for most of the day.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Agreeing that this is a good point and I'd like to hear imgay answer it.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Colonel Corazon posted:

Also imgay I will protect you tonight. By swapping you with myself. :madmax:

I don't think announcing that was a good idea. Now the Scum can expect that, or you can try not doing as you say in order to fool the Scum. Then it's a WIFOM situation. So imgay is pissed that you made the announcement, but I don't think his angrily voting for LowellDND instead was a good move. It reads almost like he's not voting for the most suspicious candidate just because imgay's shitposting, which is not what we need now.

I do not want to lynch LowellDND, because the people voting to lynch him have not been acting in the best interests of the Town. I want to lynch Rarity because of her track record of vouching for Scum and voting for Town.

##vote Rarity
##double Rarity

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm Miss Giddy, town doctor.

Chamale, this is why you don't just ask people to claim "for the good of town", you absolute muppet.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh yeah, I protected Foo both nights by the way.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Rude.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

He just treats me right in ways you can't, I'm sorry :(

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chamale posted:

I don't think announcing that was a good idea. Now the Scum can expect that, or you can try not doing as you say in order to fool the Scum. Then it's a WIFOM situation. So imgay is pissed that you made the announcement, but I don't think his angrily voting for LowellDND instead was a good move. It reads almost like he's not voting for the most suspicious candidate just because imgay's shitposting, which is not what we need now.

I do not want to lynch LowellDND, because the people voting to lynch him have not been acting in the best interests of the Town. I want to lynch Rarity because of her track record of vouching for Scum and voting for Town.

##vote Rarity
##double Rarity

:ramsay:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rarity posted:

I'm Miss Giddy, town doctor.

Chamale, this is why you don't just ask people to claim "for the good of town", you absolute muppet.

Miss Giddy, who doesn't do medicine. She's a history woman, and a teacher to the wives, not a doctor.

Rarity posted:

You protected Foo on night 2? After Colonel Corazon revealed on Day 2 that he swapped Lumpen and TMM, meaning that Lumpen was the target of Scum on the first night. I don't buy it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I can learn. I can change. Don't do this to me Rarity. You and me, we got something special.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I can learn. I can change. Don't do this to me Rarity. You and me, we got something special.

:circlefap:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
OH MY GOD FV WHY THE gently caress DIDN'T YOU VIG THIS MORON?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Chamale posted:

Miss Giddy, who doesn't do medicine. She's a history woman, and a teacher to the wives, not a doctor.

You protected Foo on night 2? After Colonel Corazon revealed on Day 2 that he swapped Lumpen and TMM, meaning that Lumpen was the target of Scum on the first night. I don't buy it.

A good mod won't tie flavour directly into roles. Please drop this argument.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Chamale posted:

##vote chamale

Your continued pushing of flavor as necessarily tied to role and alignment is not only scummy but it's also distracting from actual scum hunting. Why do you keep doing this thing? Stop that.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I would also vote to lynch imgay if four other people agreed. I think he's probably town but I really want to make him stop posting

fiery_valkyrie posted:

A good mod won't tie flavour directly into roles. Please drop this argument.

OK, my second argument still applies though. I don't believe a doctor, if there is one in this game, would protect Captain Foo when there was little to suggest he'd be the main target for Scum.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Also don't forget that the double isn't counted until SSV manually adds it -- so Chamale's doublevote puts Rarity at -1.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chamale posted:

I would also vote to lynch imgay if four other people agreed. I think he's probably town but I really want to make him stop posting

OK, my second argument still applies though. I don't believe a doctor, if there is one in this game, would protect Captain Foo when there was little to suggest he'd be the main target for Scum.

gently caress off with this noise
##vote chamale

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Chamale posted:

That's not always the main target for a doctor. I'd protect someone I was reasonably confident was town, that way I can be going into the late game with people I have a more confident read on.

Wait until you've been a doctor. It can be incredibly hard to pick the NK.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity, question for you. Do you think Chamale, as a first time player, would go to all the effort of picking a flavour claim and then posting quotes from it constantly since the start of the game?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

Foo's been my strongest town read all game. I hadn't made the connection that Corazon's bus drive cleared Lumpen as town.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Someone Awful! posted:

##vote chamale

Your continued pushing of flavor as necessarily tied to role and alignment is not only scummy but it's also distracting from actual scum hunting. Why do you keep doing this thing? Stop that.

I still say flavour will turn out to be important. And if I was really pushing flavour as the important thing, I'd be gunning for ApostateCourier, but I've been trying to use a combination of flavour and gameplay evidence. This is my first time playing an internet Mafia game, and this quote from the mod of the Left 4 Dead Mafia game is why I think flavour is important:

Asiina posted:

Also I think nobody reads the flavour, since I hide a lot of clues in there and I don't think anyone noticed. The flavour basically always explained what happened at night and why someone died, to give a hint as to the item system. It also gave away the number of scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Rarity, question for you. Do you think Chamale, as a first time player, would go to all the effort of picking a flavour claim and then posting quotes from it constantly since the start of the game?

No. He's not scum he's just a dumbass. Stop voting for him guys.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My guess is the scum team is Lowell, AC and one of SA!/FV/Foo (in that order of likelihood)

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rarity posted:

Foo's been my strongest town read all game. I hadn't made the connection that Corazon's bus drive cleared Lumpen as town.

You're saying you protected Foo and not Lumpen because you hadn't figured out that Lumpen was definitely Town, and in danger. Does that mean you weren't reading Foo's posts before you sent your Night 2 action?

Captain Foo posted:

it means TMM was innocent, Lumpen was on the firing line, and ernie was SK'd

That quote clearly makes the connection for you. Did you ignore Colonel Corazon saying to Lumpen "your rear end was on the firing line"?

Colonel Corazon posted:

Oh I don't care. First time playing so I don't give a gently caress if I goof.

I'm the War Rig and bus driver which seems only kind of useful but I switched Lumpen and TMM so if I get this right your rear end was on the firing line and TMM's death was deliberate.

##vote Opop

HONK HONK!

Corazon had to clarify that TMM's death was not deliberate, but that's another post correctly pointing out that Scum were going after Lumpen. Did you miss Lumpen's post that also pointed that out?

Lumpen posted:

Yeah if I was the intended nightkill then Opopanax is gonna flip Scum.
I still feel that Chamale is pretty obviously Scum too.

The Scum kill toward the top of the postcount suggests that the bottom of the postcount hides Scum.

Disregard the stuff about me, the important thing is that Colonel Corazon said in the thread that he swapped Lumpen and TMM. Three people made the connection that Corazon's drive showed that the Scum tried to kill Lumpen, and you expect us to believe that you missed that.

Rarity posted:

My guess is the scum team is Lowell, AC and one of SA!/FV/Foo (in that order of likelihood)

The mod never told us how many Scum players there are in the game.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have never had a stronger urge to self vote in my life.

Chamale posted:

The mod never told us how many Scum players there are in the game.

16 players means 4 scum unless this game is massively imbalanced.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I have never had a stronger urge to self vote in my life.

16 players means 4 scum unless this game is massively imbalanced.

SK don't forget.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

##vote SomeoneAwful

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Chamale, you realise no one is going to put the hammer on me now, don't you?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

SK don't forget.

Fair point, though I've run 4 scum and a SK in a game of 17. I suppose it could be 3 scum with strong PRs. Hold on let me check Opop's flip.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Chamale, you realise no one is going to put the hammer on me now, don't you?

Fair point, though I've run 4 scum and a SK in a game of 17. I suppose it could be 3 scum with strong PRs. Hold on let me check Opop's flip.

Opop was an assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Opop was an assassin.

So I saw. This could have merit. In that case my guess is Lowell and AC :D

• Locked thread