Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Allarion posted:

The truth is that Adlet is actually in love with Goldov.

I don't believe you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

a kitten posted:

Everytime they find out who it is a new brave should show up.

Next time it can be twins!

Hmmmmmmm, yeah that would be okay

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Someone pm me the spoilers!!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the LN actually did end with Rolonia asking why there were seven Braves, but i guess the anime people didn't like that abruptness

Xy Hapu
Mar 7, 2004

Srice posted:

I'm gonna ignore what I'm sure is a very good warning on your part, and ask you to elaborate in spoilers anyways.

STUPID LN SPOILER DON'T READ: Adlet was brainwashed somehow?? by a fiend general into thinking he likes Fremie for the purpose of loving up her trust issues even more for reasons?? So he's basically been manipulated this entire time into manipulating Fremie into liking him when he really doesn't, presumably so that the author can masturbate as he writes the scene where she finds out and has a full emo mental breakdown. As far as I can tell that's where the translations end so who knows how stupidly that will be resolved. I am guessing that there will be yet another ~*crazy reveal*~ where it turns out Fremie is the vessel for the demon king or some poo poo and they needed her to really hate humans in order for her to turn into the demon king, then I guess later Adlet turns her back with the power of love and then the series ends. There are also more nuggets of greatness you can find scattered throughout the rokka wiki such as the fact that cow girl can resurrect dead people a fact which I am 100% sure will never be used to create cheap, ultimately hollow drama.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Endings that would have been more satisfying than this one:

It was all just a dream. Adlet is still in his cell.

Falmie's gun misfires and hits someone, but turns out they were the 7th so she's forgiven.

They all decide to just live the rest of their lives inside the fog barrier.

Adlet bleeds out before he can accuse anyone. Nash convinces everyone else to kill each other infighting. Demon god wins.

They are all fake braves. Someone remembers to use the codeword and they all have a good laugh about it afterwards.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Xy Hapu posted:

STUPID LN SPOILER DON'T READ: Adlet was brainwashed somehow?? by a fiend general into thinking he likes Fremie for the purpose of loving up her trust issues even more for reasons?? So he's basically been manipulated this entire time into manipulating Fremie into liking him when he really doesn't, presumably so that the author can masturbate as he writes the scene where she finds out and has a full emo mental breakdown. As far as I can tell that's where the translations end so who knows how stupidly that will be resolved. I am guessing that there will be yet another ~*crazy reveal*~ where it turns out Fremie is the vessel for the demon king or some poo poo and they needed her to really hate humans in order for her to turn into the demon king, then I guess later Adlet turns her back with the power of love and then the series ends. There are also more nuggets of greatness you can find scattered throughout the rokka wiki such as the fact that cow girl can resurrect dead people a fact which I am 100% sure will never be used to create cheap, ultimately hollow drama.

wow thats bad

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol i think i know why this series tanked in japan everyone

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Xy Hapu posted:

:ughh:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xy Hapu posted:

Yikes

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Endings that would have been more satisfying than this one:

Flamie's gun misfires and hits someone, but turns out they were the 7th so she's forgiven.

They are all fake braves. Someone remembers to use the codeword and they all have a good laugh about it afterwards.

i like these

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I am gonna go lynch the author lmao

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also wow, this series really goes downhill fast. i suppose i won't be reading volume 2 or any others now

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Xy Hapu posted:

It is taking all of my willpower not to read this and ruin something I found enjoyable.

In my mind it can never be as bad as people are saying it is. In my heart I know I am probably lying to myself and it is terrible.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

that's really funny, i'm happy to never watch that even if it does get adapted.

But it's all good because Flamie Speeddraw is a cutiepie. :3

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Holy poo poo LN readers, how could all of you get through that poo poo without warning everyone that it gets so astoundingly dumb, as well as looking forward to watching the anime version?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

AnoHito posted:

It is taking all of my willpower not to read this and ruin something I found enjoyable.

In my mind it can never be as bad as people are saying it is. In my heart I know I am probably lying to myself and it is terrible.

Read it and pretend that it doesn't exist.

I am still chuckling a little bit

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Pavlov posted:

Holy poo poo LN readers, how could all of you get through that poo poo without warning everyone that it gets so astoundingly dumb, as well as looking forward to watching the anime version?

i only read volume 1, which is what this season adapted

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

idk that doesn't sound inherently awful and could even be handled decently

like there's totally a chance it could be cheap melodrama too but it isn't like it is the end of a great nation.

not to mention 99% of this series is built on forced twists.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i only read volume 1, which is what this season adapted

Ok I forgive you then.

Xy Hapu posted:

STUPID LN SPOILER DON'T READ: presumably so that the author can masturbate as he writes the scene where she finds out and has a full emo mental breakdown.

PS: MOEEEEE~~~

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

littleorv posted:

Read it and pretend that it doesn't exist.

*Breaks down and reads it*

Well that's not hard to do seeing as I probably couldn't believe it's true even if i wanted to.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

are you all just trying to jerk off over how much smarter you are than some LN guy you'll never meet

Pavlov posted:

Ok I forgive you then.

is that a yes

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

idk that doesn't sound inherently awful and could even be handled decently

like there's totally a chance it could be cheap melodrama too but it isn't like it is the end of a great nation.

not to mention 99% of this series is built on forced twists.

eh i mean, yeah, pretty much anything can become good based on execution, but (admittedly presented without context) i have a real hard time believing it'd be anything but cheap melodrama

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Honestly after the way this ended I have zero faith in the author.

If I liked the ending I would give him the benefit of the doubt with spoilers, but since he has no respect for the reader I'm not gonna respect him.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Everything sounds dumb if you type it out all list-like.

That said, i was hoping for a stronger resolution not another twist.

Pavlov posted:

you keep using that word, but i dont think it means what you seem to think it does.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

Honestly after the way this ended I have zero faith in the author.

If I liked the ending I would give him the benefit of the doubt with spoilers, but since he has no respect for the reader I'm not gonna respect him.
i didn't like this ending... this bastard doesn't respect me! gently caress him! *while crying* gently caress hiiiim!

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

are you all just trying to jerk off over how much smarter you are than some LN guy you'll never meet

Nope. As long as Flamie and Adlet kiss I do not give a drat

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Since we're doing LN spoilers does Nasch ever make an appearance again?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i really like Flamie and thus really hate that twist. the overall quality of LNs doesn't make me optimistic that it would be handled well, in any case.

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

Endorph posted:

i didn't like this ending... this bastard doesn't respect me! gently caress him! *while crying* gently caress hiiiim!

the ending was dumb as heck, much like your posts

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

I think you know what I actually meant, there.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

and the only way I'll ever get to read more Rokka is via bad fan translations...after the first volume I'm already worn out

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

Xy Hapu posted:

So basically, what you're saying is, since Adlet doesn't actually love Flamie, there's no reason to believe that Adlet x Hans isn't canon????? good. good

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Srice posted:

I think you know what I mean by saying that.
tbh: only sort of?

i can get your point but the way you worded it was pretty laughable.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Like I said, it's far in the future anyways so there would have been buildup to it anyways. Plus it's not like a couple early theories in this thread was that someone, probably Adlet, was gonna be a Manchurian candidate. Each volume is essentially the Fiends loving with Braves in some manner and them trying to out-think the mind games.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Somebody said something bad about a LN author?!

*unsheathes posting katanas*

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Allarion posted:

Like I said, it's far in the future anyways so there would have been buildup to it anyways. Plus it's not like a couple early theories in this thread was that someone, probably Adlet, was gonna be a Manchurian candidate. Each volume is essentially the Fiends loving with Braves in some manner and them trying to out-think the mind games.

Put like that it sounds much more interesting.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Endorph posted:

tbh: only sort of?

i can get your point but the way you worded it was pretty laughable.

I feel like he didn't have any respect for the reader, so I don't have any respect for him as an author after this. Nothing about him as a person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

doomisland posted:

Since we're doing LN spoilers does Nasch ever make an appearance again?

Yeah

• Locked thread