Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

apostateCourier (6): Captain Foo, Chamale, LowellDND, Rarity, imgay, Chamale
LowellDND (3): Rarity, Someone Awful!, apostateCourier, imgay, Someone Awful!, imgay, Colonel Corazon, fiery_valkyrie, Rarity
Chamale (1): Someone Awful!, Rarity, Captain Foo, Rarity, Captain Foo, Someone Awful!, Someone Awful!, imgay, imgay
imgay (0): Colonel Corazon, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, Captain Foo, Captain Foo, Chamale
Someone Awful! (0): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
Rarity (0): Acebuckeye13, LowellDND, Chamale, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, Colonel Corazon, Colonel Corazon, Chamale, Colonel Corazon, Acebuckeye13, Chamale, LowellDND

Not Voting (1): Acebuckeye13

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is September 19th, 2015 at 3 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Night 3: Colonel Corazon, The War Rig :bandwagon: (town-aligned Bus Driver) was riddled with bullets.

Day 4 begins.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

:ghost: Honk honk... :ghost:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Nooooo :(

-

So I've went through all of apostate’s votes again, but there isn’t really much I can find of her cooperating with others.

I do find Ace sketchy because he didn’t vote this round, and I find myself trusting rarity a bit more. Mostly though, I want to examine Imgay further.

Apostate voted for Imgay on day1, then changed her mind when both of them switched to Kash, our known town. speculatively, that could be an indicator of camouflaging behavior.

On day 2, imgay didn’t vote, and then on day 3 imgay participated in the vote to kill a scum. that would be odd behavior, given that the vote on apostate was so close.

I dunno. I think imgay might be town, because it would have been easy to let that vote pass.

Do we have any strong contenders for scum?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
rarity town, unless they were bussed again

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

imgay posted:

rarity town, unless they were bussed again

Did you think she was lying about being the doc?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Current vote counts:
Foo 165
Rarity 142
F_V 88
Imgay 64
Lowell 52
Someone 50
Chamale 48
Ace 44

I dunno. Maybe Someone and Ace?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I think its either Ace or SA.

##vote SA

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Did you think she was lying about being the doc?

not sure, wanted to confirm it. last scum prob a rolecop or something

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Someone: voted kash (civilian)
voted chamale
voted lowell
unvoted lowell
voted chamale

Ace: declared their NPC role very early on.
voted rarity, switched to Kash (civilian)
edit mistakes?
voted hiip (serial killer)
voted Opop (scum)
voted rarity, unvoted rarity
skipped d3 vote

Ace comes across as very indecisive, voting for a d2 bandwagon and a serial killer. if we treat Opop as trying to blend in (and going for a substantial bandwagon), then Ace looks increasingly sketchy. for consideration, apostate (scum) ALSO voted for opop (scum).

##Vote AceBuckeye13

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome my friend :sad:

LowellDND posted:

Anyone else find it weird that Ace hasn't voted yet?

Sorry about that, I was volunteering at a conference today and didn't have too many opportunities to post. I was planning on voting when I got home (Which ended up being a few minutes before the time limit), but by then it'd already been locked down. Had I voted (And I realize how hollow this sounds) it probably would have been for AC, if only because Lowell actually bothered defending himself. Plus, even if AC was town, they were posting so infrequently with so few reads that they were creating more suspicious than anything else.

As to who to suspect this round, I'm not sure. Despite my earlier suspicions against Rarity and imgay, with AC's flip it's pretty unlikely that they're both scum and are covering for each other, so more likely than not they're both Town-sorry about that, Rarity.

After that... not sure. Foo can probably be trusted, leaning against Chamale being scum, so that leaves Lowell, SA, and F_V. Between those three I'd lean more towards Lowell or SA, but I'd have to go back and read their posts again. SA not voting certainly doesn't help.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
And yes, I am well aware that me not voting also doesn't help.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

LowellDND posted:

Someone: voted kash (civilian)
voted chamale
voted lowell
unvoted lowell
voted chamale

Ace: declared their NPC role very early on.
voted rarity, switched to Kash (civilian)
edit mistakes?
voted hiip (serial killer)
voted Opop (scum)
voted rarity, unvoted rarity
skipped d3 vote

Ace comes across as very indecisive, voting for a d2 bandwagon and a serial killer. if we treat Opop as trying to blend in (and going for a substantial bandwagon), then Ace looks increasingly sketchy. for consideration, apostate (scum) ALSO voted for opop (scum).

##Vote AceBuckeye13

To be fair to myself, I did indicate my willingness to vote for AC-and as I just explained, I would have had I gotten home five minutes earlier.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Acebuckeye13 posted:

And yes, I am well aware that me not voting also doesn't help.

Why is SA more guilty looking than you? :v: My train of thought is posted above.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

LowellDND posted:

Why is SA more guilty looking than you? :v: My train of thought is posted above.

Well, like I said, I did indicate I'd vote for AC (or you) before the vote passed. I also didn't defend him at all-while I was mainly focused on Rarity, I dropped the vote when no one counterclaimed Doctor, agreed that lynching imgay yesterday would be counterproductive, and didn't try to deflect anyone from voting for AC ahead of anyone else.

That being said, man do I wish we could know who CC bussed. It'd certainly make figuring out why she was killed easier. Actually, on that note, Rarity, who did you protect last night? Does protection get bussed along with role?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think its either Ace or SA.

##vote SA

This vote didn't get added to the OP, so you'll wanna check it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

votefinder.org says he's been voted for by f_v

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

SirSamVimes posted:

votefinder.org says he's been voted for by f_v

Ah, there it is. Splendid.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Chamale, I need your help. Is there any reason why Immortan Joe would be the Godfather role, flavour wise? Cause based on my very limited knowledge of seeing the trailer a couple of times, he seems like a very obvious bad guy.

(Yes, I am going somewhere with this)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have a case to drop but I just want to get that answered first.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

LowellDND posted:

Ah, there it is. Splendid.

You called? :v:

Rarity posted:

Chamale, I need your help. Is there any reason why Immortan Joe would be the Godfather role, flavour wise? Cause based on my very limited knowledge of seeing the trailer a couple of times, he seems like a very obvious bad guy.

(Yes, I am going somewhere with this)

Yes. He is the big boss in charge of all the Scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LowellDND posted:

On day 2, imgay didn’t vote, and then on day 3 imgay participated in the vote to kill a scum. that would be odd behavior, given that the vote on apostate was so close.

I wouldn't say this is proof of anything. Once I'd switched my vote AC was going to be the lynch cause Corazon was right there ready to drop the hammer. At that point scum could well think it was best to come in and vote to earn some town cred.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

Yes. He is the big boss in charge of all the Scum.

Ah, I suppose from that perspective it makes sense. I was trying to match that with the role mechanic and not seeing it but that works. Cool, now I can focus on the case I wanted to make. Give me some time, guys.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Acebuckeye13 posted:

That being said, man do I wish we could know who CC bussed. It'd certainly make figuring out why she was killed easier. Actually, on that note, Rarity, who did you protect last night? Does protection get bussed along with role?

Oh yeah, good point. I self-protected last night. Assuming CC followed through on his plan to bus himself with imgay then imgay was the NK target.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rarity posted:

Oh yeah, good point. I self-protected last night. Assuming CC followed through on his plan to bus himself with imgay then imgay was the NK target.

I'm confident we can trust imgay. I can't think of a plausible scenario where imgay is Scum - either Colonel Corazon followed through on that plan and the Scum tried to kill imgay, or Corazon didn't do the plan and died because the Scum targeted him. If imgay were Scum, the Scum would not risk attacking Corazon because of the possibility of a swap, so Corazon's death means imgay is Town. That means we can also trust Rarity because imgay cleared her and the bus almost certainly didn't interfere this time.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Before I drop my case I need to make this point. I'm saying it separately cause regardless of what you think of the case, I think this is something that needs to be considered.

Lumpen posted:

I want to just note:
We can't logically rule out that ApostateCourier could be a Scum Rolecop. One-Shot Town Cop is a dubious claim. Ace is a potential Scum flavor, and Scum are likely to have some investigative power when there's an SK. It is very weird that apostateCourier claims to have directed the investigation by RandomNumberGenerator, as she claimed. HiipFire was never mentioned as suspicious by apostateCourier on D1 and a Town Cop looking for Scum, especially with a single shot, should have had a lot of reasonable candidates without "rolling dice". Targeting Hiip makes more sense as a Scum Rolecop target.

All this game we assumed if AC was scum then she must be the scum rolecop. Then towards the end of yesterday I raised the possibility that AC was claiming her buddy's rolecop result. At this point that would seem to be the case but there is another possibility as well. It could be that there isn't a scum rolecop at all. "But Rarity?" I hear you cry, "How did they know Hiip was the SK?" Well, the answer is that they didn't know, they just thought it was likely. When D2 started they would have seen the two kills and figured out there was a SK in the game. Assuming scum would be able to work out they killed TM through the flavour then they would know that Ernie was the SK target. At that point they could work backwards, see that Hiip was the only person that Ernie was throwing shade at and take a punt. It's a risky play but if it turned out to be wrong they could have always sold it as bus driver madness. I'm not saying this is definite but I think it's a scenario worth considering and means we can't right people with verified claims off.

Anyway, moving on.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rarity posted:

Assuming scum would be able to work out they killed TM through the flavour then they would know that Ernie was the SK target.

Flavour note! This would be clear to someone who's seen the movie, so I think the scum would have worked it out. Immortan Joe's faction shoots people with guns. The Buzzards, who are hostile to both sides, have cars covered in steel spikes and shoot people with crossbows, either of which would fit the "impaled" death flavour.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Before I drop my case I need to make this point. I'm saying it separately cause regardless of what you think of the case, I think this is something that needs to be considered.

All this game we assumed if AC was scum then she must be the scum rolecop. Then towards the end of yesterday I raised the possibility that AC was claiming her buddy's rolecop result. At this point that would seem to be the case but there is another possibility as well. It could be that there isn't a scum rolecop at all. "But Rarity?" I hear you cry, "How did they know Hiip was the SK?" Well, the answer is that they didn't know, they just thought it was likely. When D2 started they would have seen the two kills and figured out there was a SK in the game. Assuming scum would be able to work out they killed TM through the flavour then they would know that Ernie was the SK target. At that point they could work backwards, see that Hiip was the only person that Ernie was throwing shade at and take a punt. It's a risky play but if it turned out to be wrong they could have always sold it as bus driver madness. I'm not saying this is definite but I think it's a scenario worth considering and means we can't right people with verified claims off.

Anyway, moving on.

That seems so unlikely. I can't imagine a scum team taking a risk that big.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Case time! :toot:

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Glad you asked.

##kill Hiipfire

Thats why.

apostateCourier posted:

Goddamn this game is dramatic as gently caress

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That was a one-shot vig.

Nice work AC.

These are the events surrounding Hiip's death during D2. Now that we know that AC was scum here, this interaction reads to me as manufactured. I don't see AC's 'dramatic as gently caress' reaction as genuine, I think she was saying it cause she felt like she had to say something. Furthermore, I think FV and AC's praise of each other after Hiip's flip was about each of them trying to give the other town cred.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is not the mindset of a town player who thinks another player is town. This is the mindset of a scum who wants to be able to walk back on their opinion later. How do you go from saying this:

to 15 minutes later encouraging other players to call me scummy?

Rarity posted:

Cause town winning games rarely relies on one player's amazing scum hunting skills. Most of the time it's from the town collectively coming together to reach majority decisions that don't accurately reflect any individual's reads. Sure, I've been thinking you're town but I've not exactly done a bang up job of being right so far. Why are you trying to discourage people from looking at you closely?

fiery_valkyrie posted:

People can look at me closely all they like. They'll see that I vigged a SK and lynched a scum.

This is an interaction I had with FV yesterday. I had suggested to other townies that FV shouldn't be assumed to be town just because she was a verified vig. FV did not take kindly to the idea of being suspected and tried to deflect people from looking at her. When I pressed her further, FV fell back on a defence based purely on two facts. There was no emotive argument or developed reasoning, I believe because she was trying to cut off any heat from developing.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm around. Re-reading Lowell and AC.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I don't think AC was bussing. He was the third voter, he talked about why Opop was scummy.

For me, this is the key piece of evidence. This is the post that led me to switch my vote to AC yesterday. This is the full extent of AC's thoughts about Opop from the entire game:

apostateCourier posted:

##vote opop fuuuuck yeaaaaaah

apostateCourier posted:

Nah. Not without more than is there right now from him, the WIFOM case is interesting and potentially good but I'd rather deal with opop first. If it comes down to imgay or nolynch, I'll vote imgay.

These posts. Right here. Super scummy.

I would not call this "talking about why Opop was scummy". At best, AC has provided a couple of posts that trigger has read but she hasn't explained why those posts give her that read. At no point does AC drop a proper case on Opop, she's happy to ride the bus all the way to lynch station. FV's description of AC's actions does not match those actions in the slightest. For someone who had by admittance just reread the posts in question, there's no way that FV was making a mistake or misremembering things. Instead she was trying to misrepresent AC in order to keep her scum buddy out of the firing line.

FV, y'all scum, hun.

## vote FV

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

That seems so unlikely. I can't imagine a scum team taking a risk that big.

Oh hey, look who's here to throw shade on my thinking. It's like you knew what I was about to say next :allears:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Oh hey, look who's here to throw shade on my thinking. It's like you knew what I was about to say next :allears:

I'm not surprised you're casing me. You're wrong, but I'm not surprised.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Im looking at f_v's voting record, and its... pretty okay. I think half the players have something similar (kash, opop)

f_v voted rarity when rarity voted lumpen
voted kash
killed hiipfire (serial killer)
voted opop (scum)
voted SA
voted lowell
voted SA

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ok, going to go through this point by point

Rarity posted:

Case time! :toot:

These are the events surrounding Hiip's death during D2. Now that we know that AC was scum here, this interaction reads to me as manufactured. I don't see AC's 'dramatic as gently caress' reaction as genuine, I think she was saying it cause she felt like she had to say something. Furthermore, I think FV and AC's praise of each other after Hiip's flip was about each of them trying to give the other town cred.

Your main issue here is with AC's "dramatic as gently caress" reaction. I'm not AC and I didn't make that post. You have also given no credence to the fact that I was pushing Opop before Hiip even flipped. Why would I do that to a scum buddy?

Rarity posted:

This is an interaction I had with FV yesterday. I had suggested to other townies that FV shouldn't be assumed to be town just because she was a verified vig. FV did not take kindly to the idea of being suspected and tried to deflect people from looking at her. When I pressed her further, FV fell back on a defence based purely on two facts. There was no emotive argument or developed reasoning, I believe because she was trying to cut off any heat from developing.

I wasn't trying to deflect anyone at all. As I pointed out, I vigged a SK and was the first vote on Opop. I dont understand your point about emotive arguing. When have I ever done that? Why is it a behaviour that only town would do?

Rarity posted:

For me, this is the key piece of evidence. This is the post that led me to switch my vote to AC yesterday. This is the full extent of AC's thoughts about Opop from the entire game:

I would not call this "talking about why Opop was scummy". At best, AC has provided a couple of posts that trigger has read but she hasn't explained why those posts give her that read. At no point does AC drop a proper case on Opop, she's happy to ride the bus all the way to lynch station. FV's description of AC's actions does not match those actions in the slightest. For someone who had by admittance just reread the posts in question, there's no way that FV was making a mistake or misremembering things. Instead she was trying to misrepresent AC in order to keep her scum buddy out of the firing line.

Wrong does not equal scum. You know that. There were two candidates for lynch. I read them both and based on the content and timing of their Opop votes, I though Lowell was more likely scum.

Your case basically hinges on the fact that I was wrong about AC. Am I the only person who's been wrong about a scum player in this game?

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What do you think of Opop? His vote on Hiip today feels particularly fake. He thought Hiip was "weird" yesterday but never mentioned him once.

Calling attention to Opop being suspicious.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

We can lynch him today.

Suggesting we lynch Opop on Day 2.

Became the first person to vote for Opop on Day 2.

I don't feel the case against fiery_valkyrie is very strong, in light of how he helped us figure out that Opop is scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

And for those who think flavour is important, I'm Imperator Furiosa.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

kash: Opopanax, apostateCourier, LowellDND, Someone Awful!, imgay, Chamale, Rarity, fiery_valkyrie, Acebuckeye13, Colonel Corazon

Opopanax: fiery_valkyrie, Lumpen, apostateCourier, Acebuckeye13, Colonel Corazon, Captain Foo, LowellDND

of those who are still alive:

kash: lowell, someone, imgay, rarity, f_v, ace
opop: f_v, ace, foo, lowell

of those who voted both:

lowell, f_v, ace.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

If we're looking at voting patterns, I think Ace is more scummy then F_v, and even that relies on the missed 3rd vote of Ace.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

I don't feel the case against fiery_valkyrie is very strong, in light of how he helped us figure out that Opop is scum.

Scum bus scum all the time for just this reason.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

And for those who think flavour is important, I'm Imperator Furiosa.

AC had a fakeclaim, this means nothing.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Wrong does not equal scum. You know that. There were two candidates for lynch. I read them both and based on the content and timing of their Opop votes, I though Lowell was more likely scum.

Your case basically hinges on the fact that I was wrong about AC. Am I the only person who's been wrong about a scum player in this game?

Nope, my case hinges on you misrepresenting AC's thoughts on Opop, the same way you're misrepresenting my case right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Did a check of Chamale just in case, but I don't think there is much there.

voted lumpen
started early with targeting lumpen, kash, and ernie (all town that I remember)
voted kash
voted imgay (unknown)
double vote imgay
double vote rarity (unknown)
double vote AC (scum)

• Locked thread