Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Hey, what does the Assassin role do exactly? That was Opop's rule and he never got a chance to use it. This wiki page lists a few possibilities, I don't know if there's a particular Assassin we use on the forums or if it can mean different things in different games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think its either Ace or SA.

##vote SA

Why SA over Ace?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's either an unblockable kill or an untrackable kill, we normally use Ninja for the latter so it's more likely the former

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Am I correct in thinking there is probably only one Scum left?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

Scum bus scum all the time for just this reason.

You keep saying this, but scum usually bus strategically. Assuming a 3 person scum team, how likely is it that the only 2 other scum are the first and third vote on the player?

Rarity posted:

AC had a fakeclaim, this means nothing.

No one will counterclaim me on it, I can promise that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Arguing based on what scum 'usually' do is totally WIFOM. Come up with something better.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

No one will counterclaim me on it, I can promise that.

No one countered AC either

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

Nope, my case hinges on you misrepresenting AC's thoughts on Opop, the same way you're misrepresenting my case right now.

This is what I considered when I was deciding whether to vote AC or Lowell, neither of which I was particularly convinced by: how did they act around the Opop lynch.

Here is AC:

apostateCourier posted:

##vote opop fuuuuck yeaaaaaah

apostateCourier posted:

Nah. Not without more than is there right now from him, the WIFOM case is interesting and potentially good but I'd rather deal with opop first. If it comes down to imgay or nolynch, I'll vote imgay.

**two quotes from Opop**

These posts. Right here. Super scummy.

compared to Lowell:

LowellDND posted:

I thought Hiip was scum? Why are we switching to Opop?

(Not questioning Opop's guilt, more startled at the thread suddenly agreeing on Hip's innocence)

LowellDND posted:

Let's wrap the day up I guess.

##vote opop

Based on that, I thought Lowell was more likely scum and voted him.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Arguing based on what scum 'usually' do is totally WIFOM. Come up with something better.

Rarity posted:

Scum bus scum all the time for just this reason.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

No one countered AC either

He didn't claim to be the heroine of the movie.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

He didn't claim to be the heroine of the movie.

So? When I ran FF Mafia I gave scum Human Torch as a fakeclaim, I'm not giving you any credit for a flavour argument and I think the only reason you're doing this is cause you think other people will.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is there any good reason not to massclaim today?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Rarity posted:

What is massclaim and what is WIFOM?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

LowellDND posted:

Massclaim is when we all claim our flavour and role and try to spot who's lying.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I think the only possible role that could be left is a watcher or tracker, otherwise the assassin is pointless.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

LowellDND posted:

WIFOM stands for "Wine in front of me" from the scene in The Princess Bride where Vizzini tries to figure out which glass of wine has the poison in it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
WIFOM = wine in front of me. It's referencing the scene from the Princess Bride and essentially means you can work yourself in circles trying to work out why scum would do something

massclaim = everyone claims their role and flavour, with both the cop and doctor in the open town's two main roles are already outed so it might be a good idea. Massclaiming means everyone has to put something out for town to judge and weak and allows us to catch weak fakeclaims

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

So? When I ran FF Mafia I gave scum Human Torch as a fakeclaim, I'm not giving you any credit for a flavour argument and I think the only reason you're doing this is cause you think other people will.

So? You're not the only person I have to convince.

Do me a favour and go and read SA.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

LowellDND posted:

Why SA over Ace?

F_V, not sure if you saw my question.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I think the only possible role that could be left is a watcher or tracker, otherwise the assassin is pointless.

Unless the assassin was an unblockable kill, not a ninja

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

LowellDND posted:

F_V, not sure if you saw my question.

Sorry, I forgot about it. I still think SA is more suspicious for being in the thread when we lynched Opop but not voting.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

Unless the assassin was an unblockable kill, not a ninja

Thats a juggernaut.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Thats a juggernaut.

I don't think we have an agreed term for it on SA. I've seen assassin, juggernaut and strongman :shrug:

Ninjas are normally called ninjas though.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

All this game we assumed if AC was scum then she must be the scum rolecop. Then towards the end of yesterday I raised the possibility that AC was claiming her buddy's rolecop result. At this point that would seem to be the case but there is another possibility as well. It could be that there isn't a scum rolecop at all. "But Rarity?" I hear you cry, "How did they know Hiip was the SK?" Well, the answer is that they didn't know, they just thought it was likely. When D2 started they would have seen the two kills and figured out there was a SK in the game. Assuming scum would be able to work out they killed TM through the flavour then they would know that Ernie was the SK target. At that point they could work backwards, see that Hiip was the only person that Ernie was throwing shade at and take a punt. It's a risky play but if it turned out to be wrong they could have always sold it as bus driver madness. I'm not saying this is definite but I think it's a scenario worth considering and means we can't right people with verified claims off.

Oh, and Rarity, if you think I would do something this risky, you don't know me as well as I thought. This is a balls-to-the-wall Rarity play.

Remember this post when I flip.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Rarity, who would your second choice be?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LowellDND posted:

Rarity, who would your second choice be?

Either SA or Foo, I'd want to reread both before going either way though. I feel good about all three of you newbies now so that leaves me voting for one of those 3 by a process of elimination.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Rarity posted:

Either SA or Foo, I'd want to reread both before going either way though. I feel good about all three of you newbies now so that leaves me voting for one of those 3 by a process of elimination.

SA was my second choice as well, and F_v's first choice. Might be some meat there.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Rarity posted:

I considered Foo, but he voted AC early and stuck with it, so I think he is less likely.

Clearly I have a different opinion than you on bussing though.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Rarity posted:

Let's talk flavour. I figured the one-shot kill role would belong to Furiosa, I guess it could belong to Scum but I can't think of a strong flavour justification for that. I've been thinking about the possibility of every Scum having been given a fake claim to make, and I think it's plausible. Earlier I listed 14 characters that I thought were possible Town roles:

quote:

Max, Furiosa, Nux, the War Rig, Angharad, Toast, Capable, Cheedo, The Dag, The Valkyrie, The Keeper of the Seeds, and arguably Ace, Morsov, and Glory

I have to admit I forgot about Miss Giddy, because she is never seen interacting with the main characters, but she would definitely be Town-aligned. I rewatched the movie, and one of the nameless Vuvalini has her name mentioned right before she dies - I think it's Maddie. So that's 16, enough everyone to have a character and for the Scum to each have safe fake-claims. There could also be a claim of a minor Town-aligned character who died before movie starts, like Mary Jo Bassa or Katie Concannon, or another War Rig inanimate object. Rarity, you're the expert, if you think a mass claim is worthwhile I hope this information helps.

I am not convinced about fiery_valkyrie because I still don't think his vote for Opop was a bus, he was the first person to vote for Opop on Day 2.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, this movie is loving awesome.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rarity posted:

Guys, this movie is loving awesome.

If this game got a single person to watch Fury Road, I consider it a success.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I think I'm going to have to. I've been reading little bits about it to figure out the flavour and it sounds pretty good.

Plus, Tom Hardy. :love::love::love:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FV your defence is :mediocre:

(Sorry, I just had to)

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I dont get it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chamale posted:

Rarity, you're the expert, if you think a mass claim is worthwhile I hope this information helps.

More seriously, let's think about this. Here's the claims we've got:

imgay: Mad Max - cop
Rarity: Miss Giddy - doctor
FV: Furiosa - vig
Chamale: Angharad - doublevoter
Ace: Cheedo - ???
Foo: ???
Lowell: ???
SA!: ???

With 8 players left, unless we no lynch or I block the NK we have 2 night phases remaining. Considering there's still a cop and a doctor for scum to deal with at night I think we can be safe massclaiming even if it reveals a tracker/watcher. However, I'd like to hear what imgay, Foo and SA! think of this plan before I go all in in calling for it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I dont get it.

Then watch the movie!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hi i basically don't think i have any time today but i did a quick readthrough of D3 so far

first thing: hell yes rarity the movie is awesome and i am glad u watched it

now i'm interested in chamale since earlier he went balls-in on the case that flavor couldn't be faked because there's not enough people, but as soon as massclaiming gets mentioned he starts backtracking on that, realizing that there might indeed be enough flavors to make a massclaim a less useful tool

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

reminder that chamale was seen as fairly scummy before the flavorpost so i think a massclaim is reasonable, and to that extent i'll claim Toast the Knowing, Vanilla Town
this fits in with the other wife->town flavors we've seen,

this whole thing has put me confused re: chamale, because his flavor seems to make sense but his play seems scummish so bleh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i don't really thing chamale is worth a vote at this point, i think lowell is more likely scum; the f_v case i'm not going to weigh in on right now because it warrants a serious re-read and i just do not have time for that right now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Rarity posted:

case me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Why would I case you when I want to lynch FV? :confused:

• Locked thread