Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Its just lovely here this time of year.
facebook comments from butthurt west coast fans on that article are hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Good person, ordinary coach: John Worsfold.

One out of two is better than none, Robert.

quote:

Another name that has surfaced as a possible Essendon coach is Brendan McCartney.

Coaching is as much about people management as anything. The Bulldogs had a complete people management disaster at the end of last season, and were lucky to turn that around into a decent season this year. The last thing Essendon need with a playing list with serious motivation issues is a coach who is going to get half of them offside with personality clashes.

I can understand Essendon's thinking on Worsfold, but as with everything else they do their handling of it has been atrocious. They've been burnt badly by going with an inexperienced coach, and need someone solid from outside the club to see them through the WADA judgement and the management and playing list cleanout that needs to follow.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

on the subject of clubs managing drugs, I was reading about Dayle Garlett getting sent to jail for 4 years and it was funny that Hawthorn's solution for someone with an addiction problem was to put him in a house with drink driver Luke Hodge

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Negligent posted:

on the subject of clubs managing drugs, I was reading about Dayle Garlett getting sent to jail for 4 years and it was funny that Hawthorn's solution for someone with an addiction problem was to put him in a house with drink driver Luke Hodge
As far as I'm aware, Hodge was only sprung for drink driving last month. So unless there's some weird time travel kookiness involved...

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

you can drink drive many times before you get caught doing it

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Negligent posted:

you can drink drive many times before you get caught doing it
Yeah you're just stretching now.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

Saying that it was not smart to put a person who has issues with addiction with someone who in time has been proved to have issues with their alcohol use isn't stretching, it's the benefit of hindsight.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Negligent posted:

Saying that it was not smart to put a person who has issues with addiction with someone who in time has been proved to have issues with their alcohol use isn't stretching, it's the benefit of hindsight.
Na, it's stretching.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Don't try this at home.

Negligent posted:

Making a dumb decision after having a single drink too many in an hour isn't having issues with alcohol use. This isn't auspol.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

Making a dumb decision after having a single drink too many in an hour isn't having issues with alcohol use. This isn't auspol.

sure isn't, unless auspol is populated by apologists for drink drivers that happen to be good at football.

Negligent fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Sep 20, 2015

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

The Deadly Hume posted:

Na, it's stretching.

everyone who drink drives gets caught literally the first time they do it. in other news police find own arse with both hands

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Negligent posted:

everyone who drink drives gets caught literally the first time they do it. in other news police find own arse with both hands
Look at me and my puritanical stance.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I do enjoy how he stretched so far to make such a horrendously bad joke with a really lovely punchline. At least, I hope that's what it is and that he doesn't think people who blow 0.058 once aren't compulsive alcholics and/or people with addictive personalities.

Hodge is an "unsociable player". He's a prick, and as a Hawthorn fan I accept that he's my prick and I'm looking at this with rose tinted glasses, but all the alcohol bullshit was blown so spectacularly far out of proportion.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

yeah totally its like, wow, another aboriginal man goes to prison. no need to worry about how afl clubs with money and resources are doing a lovely job preventing that happening to players they have a duty of care towards, boy how about that threepeat

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Luke Hodge is a good bloke

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

everyone makes mistakes

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Luke Hodge's contact with Wingard and the point post was entirely an accident, and we know that because he's a good bloke

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Luke Hodge being found guilty of DUI was entirely an accident, and it's really a nothing matter, so he doesn't deserve to be suspended for breaking the law because we know he's a good bloke

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Luke Hodge is a good bloke

NTRabbit posted:

Luke Hodge's contact with Wingard and the point post was entirely an accident, and we know that because he's a good bloke

It's important that non-Hawthorn fans get this.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Sep 20, 2015

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Luke Hodge murdered my family

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Luke Hodge melts steel beams

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Adolf Hodge did nothing wrong

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Bring in Crowley this weekend to kill Hodge

For the children

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Luke hodge AKA Ivan Milat

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Luke Hodge likes anime and sleeps with a body pillow.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
Luke Hodge was on the grassy knoll.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Periphery posted:

wtf

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

This isn't auspol.

of course it isn't people are replying to negligent and don't all have him on ignore here

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Periphery posted:

hosed up if true

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I kinda want Crowley to play this week, can't be any worse than Suban who got a whole 4 touches against the Swans.

Negligent
Aug 20, 2013

so is pavlich retiring or what

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

SeekOtherCandidate posted:

of course it isn't people are replying to negligent and don't all have him on ignore here

Testekill posted:

hosed up if true

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Goodes has declined a lap of honour for fear of being booed. Congrats racists, you won. gently caress me.

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

Coaching is as much about people management as anything. The Bulldogs had a complete people management disaster at the end of last season, and were lucky to turn that around into a decent season this year. The last thing Essendon need with a playing list with serious motivation issues is a coach who is going to get half of them offside with personality clashes.

Ya know people can learn from their mistakes right?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

pkid posted:

Luke Hodge cant. The man is PURE evil.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Don't try this at home.

pkid posted:

With that sort of thing how would the Essendon board know if he has? You can't really tell until he has to deal with players under pressure.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Don't try this at home.

Nutsngum posted:

Luke Hodge cant. The man is PURE evil.

Luke Hodge doesn't make mistakes. It's all completely intentional.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

DAAS Kapitalist posted:

Luke Hodge doesn't make mistakes. It's all completely intentional.

Luke Hodge masterminded the assassination plot of Archduke Franz Ferdinand to facilitate the Austro-Hungarian Empire's invasion plans of Serbia, kicking off the first world war and damning over 15 million men to their deaths.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Hodge rode a tank, held a Generals rank, whilst the blitzkrieg raged and the bodies stank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

Colonel Oliver "Luke Hodge" North is primarily remembered for his term as a National Security Council staff member during the Iran–Contra affair, a political scandal of the late 1980s. The scandal involved the clandestine sale of weapons to Iran, supposedly to encourage the release of U.S. hostages then held in Lebanon. "Hodge" formulated the second part of the plan, which was to divert proceeds from the arms sales to support the Contra rebel groups in Nicaragua, which had been specifically prohibited under the Boland Amendment.

Meanwhile operation "pre-season" has begun with a meager 10 minute spin bike session and a poor excuse for a chest night. Word of warning, stop getting lazy with the weights in season!

• Locked thread