Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I picked it because of the loose corn.

Content:

That is the hardest wood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Would. Of course, one of my favorite breakfasts is kippers sauteed in butter and eggs.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Looks like a solid hangover breakfast, would

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I picked it because of the loose corn.

Content:

I'm confused. Are those pressed tacos? Very thin calzones? EXPLAIN THIS

more canned awfulness:

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY

pienipple posted:

Veggie burgers are pretty tasty when they're not trying to fool you into thinking they're meat. It's okay to be a spiced bean patty, just don't be an unpleasant slab of tvp like Boca.

This guy gets it.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

cash crab posted:

more canned awfulness:

They loook like Jack in the Box tacos to me. More importantly what the gently caress is that with the teeth?

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Code Jockey posted:

Looks like a solid hangover breakfast, would

I'm an advocate for putting a fried egg on top of most things but that's a frozen pizza, man, come on

cash crab posted:

Pretty sure that's just your everyday pizza sandwich except they kicked it up a notch with corn tortilla quesadillas for the bun

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Chard posted:

They loook like Jack in the Box tacos to me. More importantly what the gently caress is that with the teeth?

Googling says it is herring heads/mouths, so I guess it is supposed to have teeth in it

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Herring do not generally have half-inch fangs.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

Herring do not generally have half-inch fangs.

I had no knowledge of either way, but based on this, I GISed 'herring teeth'

I regret my decision. Wholeheartedly.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Kalos posted:

Pretty sure that's just a KFC Famous Bowl in a chinese takeout box for some reason.

Those are definitely frozen chicken nuggets, though. Someone tried to make their own off-brand Famous Bowl (an Infamous Bowl, if you will). I don't know why it's in a Chinese take out container. Maybe someone actually paid for this at a restaurant? :ohdear: This should not be anything anyone makes outside of their own home, or sober.

Now I kind of want to make the saddest meal:

6 frozen chicken nuggets, microwaved
1-2 cups instant mashed potatoes, prepared
1/2 can corn, drained
2 slices Kraft cheese, in little bits (or 1/2 cup shredded cheddar if you want to get fancy)
1/2 cup pipeline gravy (from a jar), microwaved

Step one: Put all dat poo poo in a bowl.

Step two: Eat it. Do it. Do it now.

Step three: SHAME

Step zero: Get real drunk.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Chard posted:

More importantly what the gently caress is that with the teeth?

It's from salmon. Herring doesn't look like that.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Would. I've heard the tail meat is delicous.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Is that a pierogi and pizza sandwich? The gently caress?

or the worlds greasiest, shitties, most poorly pan fried soft corn tortilla

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Those look like Jack in the Box tacos.

edit oh, I see someone already mentioned that. Well I will go a step further and say that I think the pizza is this brand:

Nolan Arenado has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Sep 21, 2015

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

HogX posted:

Would. I've heard the tail meat is delicous.

It is, if done right.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Samizdata posted:

It is, if done right.

We have a crocodile farm not far from where I live. I went there a few times as a kid on various school excursions; and they fed us samples of some of the croc meat. Tasted like chickeny-red meat cause they fed them on raw chickens. Was a bit weird but very lean. Would buy mince for burgers.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Gridlocked posted:

We have a crocodile farm not far from where I live. I went there a few times as a kid on various school excursions; and they fed us samples of some of the croc meat. Tasted like chickeny-red meat cause they fed them on raw chickens. Was a bit weird but very lean. Would buy mince for burgers.

Barbecued rattlesnake can be quite lovely too. Reptile meat doesn't really get fatty if well fed, the critter just gets bigger.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
I've had alligator twice. The first time was street food, just fried alligator tail rolled in spices and it was loving amazing. Lean, chicken-y tasting and very spicy. The second time was at Uncle Bud's shittastic restaurant where I got alligator nuggets. They were full of gristle and gross.

I've been to alligator farms and even got a picture holding a baby alligator when I was a kid. The last time I went there was a small tombstone on the little island in the pen. Someone's dog apparently jumped in with the gators. Who is stupid enough to bring their dog to an alligator farm? It's like bringing the gators a snack that runs straight into their mouths.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

cash crab posted:

more canned awfulness:

The snack that bites back!

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
It's like the time I tried cooking cow lips and they had these white spikes that looked real weird.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

um

empty sea posted:

I've been to alligator farms and even got a picture holding a baby alligator when I was a kid. The last time I went there was a small tombstone on the little island in the pen. Someone's dog apparently jumped in with the gators. Who is stupid enough to bring their dog to an alligator farm? It's like bringing the gators a snack that runs straight into their mouths.

Okay, I know this is horrible, but my first thought was a description of one of Jane Goodall's first excursions where someone brought their infant nephew along and it was predictably a bad idea

Also, I was just having a conversation with someone here about the grossest thing I've ever eaten, and it's not that bad taste wise, but jailhouse burritos look loving disgusting, so I think that'll be my next trip report. Anyone opposed, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

What do you goons think? Showed up in my FB feed.

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
looks bad todd

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
I have a date with a beautiful young lady soon who absolutely refuses to let me cook since she want's to cook for me, I am cool with this as I usually end up cooking on first dates. Today she sends me this, it probably tastes just fine but something seems off to me.

Am I being snobbish? Bad plating? Who knows...

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Bina posted:

It looks...fine? :confused:

Okay maybe a bit too much cream on the peas but I made some mashed potatoes the other night that were a bit...thin :smith:

Still ate em.

MissFortune
Feb 15, 2009

The kind of fortune that never misses.

Bina posted:

Beats the hell out of 90% of the rest of the thread. Would.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Throwdown posted:

I have a date with a beautiful young lady soon who absolutely refuses to let me cook since she want's to cook for me, I am cool with this as I usually end up cooking on first dates. Today she sends me this, it probably tastes just fine but something seems off to me.

tortellini is too far for that dish, complicates the earthy notes, also terrible framing and lighting

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Bina posted:

Looks tasty, Todd

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

MAGIC DOUBLE POST

e:

cash crab has a new favorite as of 04:31 on Sep 21, 2015

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

tortellini is too far for that dish, complicates the earthy notes, also terrible framing and lighting

Yeah, it's entirely a framing and lighting issue. Even just messing around with the levels and framing in photoshop helps a lot imo

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Looks like a huge portion that'd put me in a coma but outside of that it seems fine. I think the problem is that the tortellini makes the sauce look lumpy and congealed.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Throwdown posted:

You're going to bang Martha Stewart, dude.

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa
All the customary rules still apply

Uhn
Oct 6, 2011

here comes george
in control

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I would, don't judge me.

Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

"Caprezzi salad."

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

OctoberBlues posted:

I would, don't judge me.

:ohdear: the little eyes scare me

e:

cash crab has a new favorite as of 05:39 on Sep 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

No joke: When I was in primary school kids used to bring packets of these

to school for lunch. Uncooked, still in the packet. They'd pour the chicken flavoring over the dry noodles then eat them. I used to be so jealous because I always got the same peanut butter sandwich, celery sticks and muffin from my mother; all of which went soggy by the time lunch came around because she packed them with a frozen water bottle to help keep them "fresh" which ultimately just had condensation melt off into the lunch box spoiling all within. (Though sometimes I used to get a packet of Tiny Teddies, which was a treat)

Anyway a few years later I realized that while my lunches could have been improved had the water bottle been less an issue; these kids all came from rather poor (bogan) families and they were literately feeding their kids on a dollar a day packs of raw noodles :v: Of course their parents also voluintered in the tuck-shop (it's like a shop in the school you could buy pies, sausage rolls, ice cream and junk from; until the Govt' put an end to anything "unhealthy" in 2010 and it became ham and salad rolls and things; was always over priced) and they were as such fed a steady supply of fatty suggary junk for free. I remember one woman used to save her kids 2 sausage rolls each when she was there, but she had 3 rather feral, bogany kids and they only sold 20 sausage rolls a day at my tiny school TOO BAD OTHER KIDS. My mum volunteered there when I was in my final year at that school; but she wouldn't give me anything because she wanted me to eat healthy.. Also my mother told me a few months ago, when we were reminiscing about my childhood that she remembers that the year after I finished the school thanked all parents for their time but "they would now be staffing the tuck shop with teachers, to better promote healthy eating thought the classrooms and lunch breaks". The good news is that my ma was good friends with a few of the teachers who reliably informed her that it was in fact because a particular mother (not named directly but hinted at being the sausage-roll-saver from before) was caught stealing food and money out of the till a few times so they decided to not let parents in anymore.

Story time over.

Gridlocked has a new favorite as of 06:19 on Sep 21, 2015

• Locked thread