Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

can we make one for haruhi, nichijou and lucky star and another for everything else? I guessss k-on can come too

I don't want it to be so specific and separated. As much as I rag on their other work, their craftsmanship is undeniable and who am I to stop people from talking about how much they love Beyond the Boundary or whatever else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

Davincie posted:

asakura best girl

That clap with the oven mitts on was pretty good, I admit.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

I don't want it to be so specific and separated. As much as I rag on their other work, their craftsmanship is undeniable and who am I to stop people from talking about how much they love Beyond the Boundary or whatever else.

what is it koizumi says? something like "it appears I am unable to carry through a joke"

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

my serious opinion is that a general kyoani thread would be good, although there would probably be a lot of empty and boring comparisons, and retreading of the poll thread

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

make every post require a pretty picture or gif

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Davincie posted:

make every post require a pretty picture or gif

that's not bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zas posted:

my serious opinion is that a general kyoani thread would be good, although there would probably be a lot of empty and boring comparisons, and retreading of the poll thread

I think the poll thread had a different tone because of the Poll being the center of it, but I think they've got a big enough oeuvre at this point that there's enough for continued discussion and sharing of sweet gifs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Like I'm never going to watch Beyond the Boundary, but I wouldn't mind seeing some context free action GIFs

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Toph Bei Fong posted:

He was willing to kill an innocent, powerless schoolgirl with no memory of anything strange or supernatural to get back to this, and even though he got stabbed in the kidneys for it, he was going to do it... He wants to be here. Perfect note to end the series on.

This is from a few pages ago but was that needle actually going to kill altYuki? Because I wasn't getting that at all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

StandardVC10 posted:

This is from a few pages ago but was that needle actually going to kill altYuki? Because I wasn't getting that at all.

My understanding is that it will revert her to her normal self. Since altNagato isn't actually different, she's just altered her own memory

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

In Training posted:

My understanding is that it will revert her to her normal self. Since altNagato isn't actually different, she's just altered her own memory

Yeah that's what I thought too.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

In Training posted:

Like I'm never going to watch Beyond the Boundary, but I wouldn't mind seeing some context free action GIFs

we could all use some more kyoani gifs no argument there

speaking of which, for this page

show: http://imgur.com/a/UIBc7
movie: http://imgur.com/a/LsidC

linnaeus has nearly collected and documented haruhi the way the original linnaeus did plants and stuff

Mia Wasikowska fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Sep 20, 2015

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Linnaeus posted:

asakura as she could have been. kind of creepy though

But really she seems to be most in her element enjoying childish things and hanging out with balloon animals.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Agronox posted:

But really she seems to be most in her element enjoying childish things and hanging out with balloon animals.

And being really tiny.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Zas posted:

we could all use some more kyoani gifs no argument there

speaking of which, for this page

show: http://imgur.com/a/UIBc7
movie: http://imgur.com/a/LsidC

linnaeus has nearly collected and documented haruhi the way the original linnaeus did plants and stuff

In Training, you should put these links in the new thread's OP. With the text "Clicking here makes all your wildest dreams come true".

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Make a new KyoAni thread! I started watching Hyouka again now that the Simulwatch is over and I need somewhere to gush about it. This show is super beautiful and constantly adorable.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

My new favorite character is Nagato the tiny eggplant.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

I think I might be dumb - does anyone know how to download the imgur albums Linnaeus posted?

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

VostokProgram posted:

I think I might be dumb - does anyone know how to download the imgur albums Linnaeus posted?

at the very bottom of the album there's a dropdown menu called "post options"

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

To nobody's surprise imgur joined a lot of other website in changing their design for the worse.

Linnaeus posted:

at the very bottom of the album there's a dropdown menu called "post options"

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I will now begin watching the Endless Eight.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

I will now begin watching the Endless Eight.

have fun :D

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

That baseball announcer is no Vin Scully, I tell you what.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Knowing what the Endless Eight actually is, it's hard to view Haruhi's line about time never coming back as anything but a deliberate troll on KyoAni's part.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Sure, the sign says No Diving, but she didn't go in head first, so it's not diving anyway. (Or, that is what I would tell myself whenever I was at the pool.)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Haha

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think that shot is from Mysterique Sign. If I'm not mistaken

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Fireworks. This anime couldn't take place in California, or else they'd burn down the whole state.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

StandardVC10 posted:

Fireworks. This anime couldn't take place in California, or else they'd burn down the whole state.

how do they do lighting like that? is it all done in post?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This music is making me feel like I'm at the supermarket. Or in an elevator.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

BIRDWATCHING!?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

1/8 completed.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Wow, they really washed out the whites. Kind of exacerbates the compression on the low-quality video I'm watching.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

But Kyon, Nagato always looks bored.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

For some reason, Kyon's outfit here reminds me a little of Han Solo.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

What's with the necktie, Haruhi?

Anyway, 2/8 completed.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
IMO E8 really loses a lot in a bingewatch. Watching that poo poo live, having to wait a week for each new episode, hoping, not knowing what will happen, then seeing the result... that was transcendent. Like really, my recall is pretty hosed up in general and on top of that I occasionally have seizures and lose chunks of memory, so I don't put that much trust in my ability to properly remember the actual events of the past - so watching that second episode was a really big "wait what the gently caress is happening" moment for me. So great.

Also, Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies and this helped me slip into that mindset and empathize with that situation probably better than any other piece of media could. It was like performance art or something.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Sudden music shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

XboxPants posted:

IMO E8 really loses a lot in a bingewatch. Watching that poo poo live, having to wait a week for each new episode, hoping, not knowing what will happen, then seeing the result... that was transcendent. Like really, my recall is pretty hosed up in general and on top of that I occasionally have seizures and lose chunks of memory, so I don't put that much trust in my ability to properly remember the actual events of the past - so watching that second episode was a really big "wait what the gently caress is happening" moment for me. So great.

Also, Groundhog Day is one of my favorite movies and this helped me slip into that mindset and empathize with that situation probably better than any other piece of media could. It was like performance art or something.

this is also sort of what i meant when i was talking about endless eight implicating the viewer because when you watch it with gaps in between you basically begin to feel identical to the characters

it can be watched in both ways but i think marathoning it gives a better understanding of what they were attempting to do w/r/t directing because you really begin to pick up on all the subtleties and understand how changing the elements of production design while retaining the same essential form and narrative order can radically alter how something feels

• Locked thread