Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Looks like Drake is still on cash money :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Drake is trash

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Dexo posted:

All yall motherfuckers actually have Apple Music?

why wouldnt you... it's a 3 month free trial

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
lmao this is two perfectly good artists tryin their hardest to not make aoty

free ape poo poo, free metro thuggin, and, uh, free gucci

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I was burned by the Compton hype. This gonna live up to the hype you guys giving it?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

atrus50 posted:

this is two perfectly good artists tryin their hardest to not make aoty

free ape poo poo, free metro thuggin, and, uh, free gucci

Yeah it's pretty good after two listens and itll prob be in rotation for a while but i really want ape poo poo goddammit

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

this would be the best day ever if the eagles didnt get their face poo poo on in front of the whole nation earlier

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
A lot of people I know are listening to this and it's actually their first time listening to future Hendrix.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

40 lbs to freedom posted:

this would be the best day ever if the eagles didnt get their face poo poo on in front of the whole nation earlier

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

this is pretty good

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

100% juice -> slime season -> good am -> what a time is the best string of releases i can remember in the past several years tbh my ears are figuratively on fire

40 lbs to freedom fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 21, 2015

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

40 lbs to freedom posted:

Actually, that made it, much better.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I love Metro Boomin and Future but can't stand Drake's drawly flows and corny lines.

Also, bummer about the lack of 40 on this tape.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

tbh i'm already back listening to slime season

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

obi_ant posted:

I was burned by the Compton hype. This gonna live up to the hype you guys giving it?
There was Compton hype? I've got it on my iTunes and keep meaning to listen but every time I do I'm like ehhhhhh I'm not really interested in what Dr. Dre has to rap about (or hear an Eminem verse) in TYOOL 2015

so loving future posted:

tbh i'm already back listening to slime season

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Besson posted:

I love Metro Boomin and Future but can't stand Drake's drawly flows and corny lines.

Also, bummer about the lack of 40 on this tape.

yeah it's exactly what i expected. future's still on fire but drake shits up the album. would've been better as a solo project, or with like someone else. also i think the last track is 40 but idk? some stuff def seems to have that influence.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

alansmithee posted:

yeah it's exactly what i expected. future's still on fire but drake shits up the album. would've been better as a solo project, or with like someone else. also i think the last track is 40 but idk? some stuff def seems to have that influence.

I'm still a bit unclear on your opinion on the 6 God :confused:

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Lmao at their audacity at clip arting at the throne. its actually a perfect metaphor. hey you know how wtt was two great rappers getting together and making an album that would stand up against their respective discographies? lets do that but put in absolutely no effort. throw a beat on metro!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

atrus50 posted:

. hey you know how wtt was two great rappers getting together and making an album that would stand up against their respective discographies?

no :confused:?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They literally brought some stock image like Future did for DS2. You gave it more thought than they did

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Drake better fire his ghostwriter

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
I love the people comparing this mixtape Future and Drake threw together in six days and just dropped with basically no warning to Watch The Throne, an album Kanye and Jay Z were hyping up for months (or even a year?!) before they finally released it. The similarities start and end with the fact that they're both projects with two rappers on them.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Hey look now it's nothing like WTT again!

And the other owl one

Squinty Applebottom
Jan 1, 2013

Hey just like WTT one of the artists is boring filler.

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014
I just want Slime Season to be out on iTunes. Been rocking without a computer and living the mobile life for some time now.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbPwcBCDsbI

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

HorseRenoir posted:

"Diamonds Dancing" is classic

It's all worth it for this and Jumpman

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

There was Compton hype? I've got it on my iTunes and keep meaning to listen but every time I do I'm like ehhhhhh I'm not really interested in what Dr. Dre has to rap about (or hear an Eminem verse) in TYOOL 2015

Eh, Give it a listen, Eminem only has a verse on one song, and on the scale of bad Eminiem verses recently it doesn't even rank.

Listening to What a Time now.

So far this thing is this is a Future Mixtape Featuring Drake.Sounds fantastic, but man so far Drake is offering nothing.

Like say what you will about Watch the Throne, there was chemistry between Jay and Ye and each of them brought their own style and sound to each song and made it work.

Drake is essentially just doing a Future impression. Drake brings nothing to the Album that Future couldn't just do by himself(other than bring popularity and eyes to it I suppose)

But Jesus Christ the beats are fantastic. I'm the Plug is fantastic.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

I really like drake, but you can tell he cannot write for 11 songs in 6 days. Such bland verses so far

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Future is so clearly the better rapper and creative force on this tape, but I don't really mind Drake's presence on it all. He mostly stays out Future's way and just shows up to do what he needs to do (give Future a platinum-selling mixtape). I find the WTT comparisons pretty apt because WTT was basically a good Kanye album that just happened to have a bunch of decent-to-passable Jay verses on it to bump sales.

Also the other ten tracks could have been garbage and it still would have been worth it for "Diamonds Dancing"

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Watch the throne is not even near the level of quality of this mixtape.

WTT loving sucked

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It seems like future and drake were never even in the studio together on this... Like they did it all over the mail. Doesnt feel like a collab

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

"I go Kentucky BLUUUE on these hoes"

"gently caress all the opps and the shots that they send
I let off first then I let off again
You may not hear from them ever again"

And 30 for 30 freestyle is good

> WTT

AOTY

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
WTT was dogshit and Drake's poo poo on this is not as bad as Jay on that

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah true a good 60% of the tracks on wtt are pure garbage where as i havent been skipping this new future. drake didnt really bring it on most tracks but future and the prod make up for it in the opinion of this poster

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
The ghost lines line on 30 for 30 owns

Can't believe I'm enjoying wheelchair jimmy, what a time to be alive indeed

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Crumbletron posted:

The ghost lines line on 30 for 30 owns

Can't believe I'm enjoying wheelchair jimmy, what a time to be alive indeed

Listen to if you're reading this it's too late. Drake is butt on this mixtape but I've listened to if you're reading this AT LEAST once a week since it came out. It's really easy to listen to the whole thing and the first ~6 songs are the best run of songs in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I didn't like IYRTITL when it came out at all but I'm a big fan now.